It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marilyn Monroe's FBI File: Redactions Regarding Communist Ties Removed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Marilyn Monroe's FBI File: Redactions Regarding Communist Ties Removed

www.huffingtonpost.com

FBI files on Marilyn Monroe that could not be located earlier this year have been found and re-issued, revealing the names of some of the movie star's communist-leaning friends who drew concern from government officials and her own entourage.

But the records, which previously had been heavily redacted, do not contain any new information about Monroe's death 50 years ago. Letters and news clippings included in the files show the bureau was aware of theories the actress had been killed, but they do not show that any effort was undertaken to investigate the claims. Los Angeles authorities co
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Although not the most enlightening of information, I think it just further shows that the FBI and CIA were "on to her" as it were.

Also quite revealing (as always in regards to her death) is the fact that again, the Bureau considered she was murdered but did nothing about it. Perhaps someone got involved and told them not to investigate any further...

I do often wonder if one day Monroe will be revealed (as in fact, not speculation) to be some kind of double agent. She was definitely smarter than many perceived her to be, that's for sure.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29-12-2012 by Scope and a Beam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

Sometimes I wonder...before these files are released to the public...if they are re-written...to fulfill many hidden agendas.

edit on 29-12-2012 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

"If evil can do a thing, it will do that thing."
-Me

The point being, they will do anything, speak any lie, kill any person, rewrite any file, if it helps them. Evil has no morals. So the only question is, "Do evil people run the government?"

Discuss.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker

"Do evil people run the government?"

I think the people that run the government is a mixture of the good, the bad and the ugly; and of course the greedy.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Ah, but consider: Good people won't destroy whoever it takes to advance their own careers. No matter how ambitious they are, they won't stoop to that. Evil, having no morals, will. It's almost axiomatic that the more power someone has - politician, banker, CEO, media pundit, etc - the more evil they're likely to be. So can you imagine the kind of scum that must reside at the very, very top of the world's power pyramid? Or in all the leadership roles in, say, the Federal Government, or any government? I wish I couldn't...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Very true, but I would like to take it a step beyond that and say that those in government office are just plain inept and incompetent. Speaking from a U.S. perspective our "brightest and best" don't choose the public service career path...they go to work on Walstreet, become a Bill Gates or a Steve Jobs, go into medicine or research science. When your fourth or fifth level minds are going into office...well you see what happens. And it's usually nothing good.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

You got it. To advance in the corp or political world, you need to have that cut throat, take no prisoners, throw anyone under the bus to rise the ranks attitude, which IMO is inherently evil.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

The corp and political world are so entangled these days though, you see CEO's and such people getting political appointments a lot. It's hard to tell the difference between wall street and DC these days. DC is where a lot of wall street end up after they feel they have enough money, and are only wanting more power.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherStacks

Morons do end up in the government, true. But they don't usually rise very far unless cronyism comes into play. There's no other explanation for Michael Brown running FEMA, as just one example. And since he obviously cared about New Orleans' residents as much as he'd care about a dung beetle in an Egyptian desert, he's clearly just as evil as he is incompetent. Evil appoints evil wherever it can get away with it, to keep the power "in the family."

Sorry, OP, I'm not trying to hijack the thread... but if I'm right, it doesn't matter what they release about Marilyn Monroe or anyone else. Their secrets will be kept.

"Good is all about self-sacrifice. Evil is all about self-preservation."
-Me again
edit on 12/29/2012 by Thought Provoker because: Typing too fast.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

So very true. It comes from bumbling fools (both parties, all sides) sending the country into an economic nosedive then look to those who have had some corporate success, believing they have some secret answer. The CEOs have plenty of money and jump at the chance for more power, and couldn't care less what happens as long as their wallets stay full and their egos remain intact.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
We all know she took a bunch of pills and when she went unconscious, someone came in and strangled her. She would probably have died from the pills alone, someone just made sure. Case closed.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The "Government" took the time to rewrite the redacted files of a hollywood star who died of a drug overdose 50 years ago. Yes, that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

S&F for reminding me of a fascinating topic: Marilyn Monroe. She's a haunting figure in my mind -- both beautiful & tragic. I suspect she was murdered. She may have been about to go public about her affairs with JFK & Robert. Neither were taking her calls anymore.

Very powerful people may have seen her as a dangerous "loose cannon."

A lot of questions about what happened (different stories from eyewitnesses) that will never be answered.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well, the government is you (us), right? If the government is evil, what does that say about you (us)? Nothing has happened that you (we) haven't allowed to happen.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Ah, but consider: Good people won't destroy whoever it takes to advance their own careers. No matter how ambitious they are, they won't stoop to that. Evil, having no morals, will. It's almost axiomatic that the more power someone has - politician, banker, CEO, media pundit, etc - the more evil they're likely to be. So can you imagine the kind of scum that must reside at the very, very top of the world's power pyramid? Or in all the leadership roles in, say, the Federal Government, or any government? I wish I couldn't...

I'm sure most people at the top (especially those born there) feel they're above the law.
The rules do not apply to them, only to peons.

I'm trying to remember an old Latin proverb, something like:

"The law is like a spider web that only catches tiny things, those with enough weight can tear thru the web."

I paraphrase badly. The original proverb was more elegantly stated.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther

Well, the government is you (us), right? If the government is evil, what does that say about you (us)? Nothing has happened that you (we) haven't allowed to happen.

I think a lot happens in backrooms and under the table. Besides most people are too busy just surviving to pay attention to what's happening in even their local governments, muchless DC.
edit on 29-12-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Monroe had some serious problems. She was in treatment for them for several years before her death. I have no doubt she was spied on considering she was married to Arthur Miller and he was famous for refusing to answer questions to Congress concerning his friends. They likely ran in the same circles. I don't think she was ever a double agent. She was forever alone no matter how many men threw themselves at her. She could never love herself. I don't really doubt she OD'ed. It was within her nature to do so. I think most of it was redacted to cover up their heavy surveillance of her.

She was always frustrated with her life. Always underestimated, always playing the dumb blonde. If you knew anything about her you would know suicide was not out of the question for her.
edit on 29-12-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Yes my opinion is perhaps JFK had her killed off, this seems to be the most plausible explanation. But then there's also the possibility that she was just the start of the Kennedy assassination chain by the CIA...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift
The "Government" took the time to rewrite the redacted files of a hollywood star who died of a drug overdose 50 years ago. Yes, that makes sense.

Yes actually it does make sense that they may have done so; she was involved with 2 of the Kennedy men etc.

Despite your sarcasm; it most likely did happen.

<<   2 >>

join