It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgium to prosecute Church of Scientology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Belgium to prosecute Church of Scientology

translate.google.com

The article is only available in Dutch. The link is a Google translated version.

The Belgian branch of the Scientology Curch and two senior executives are prosecuted for fraud, illegal medical practices, various breaches of privacy and extortion.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.hln.be

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I never really understood Scientology in the first place. Tom Cruise will go berzerk if you refer to it as a religion.

John Travolta refused treatment for his autistic son under the pressure of that same organization. The reason was that they do not recognize psychiatric of mental related illnesses. This proved to be fatal.

I always felt that something was wrong with it, just couldn't put my finger on it.

translate.google.com
edit on 28-12-2012 by WhereIsTheBatman because: corrections

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhereIsTheBatman

I never really understood Scientology in the first place. Tom Cruise will go berzerk if you refer to it as a religion.

John Travolta refused treatment for his autistic son under the pressure of that same organization. The reason was that they do not recognize psychiatric of mental related illnesses. This proved to be fatal.

I always felt that something was wrong with it, just couldn't put my finger on it.

translate.google.com

Take a look at the book "The Scandal of Scientology" . It does a pretty good lob of describing and debunking Scientology.

Here is an excerpt from the book...

The purpose of Scientology "auditing" or "processing" is to help the preclear get rid of his "engrams," which Scientologists say are a type of impression imprinted on the protoplasm of the cell itself.

Hubbard believes that these engrams are stored in the "reactive mind" (roughly comparable to Freud's unconscious) and that before a person can solve his problems, the engram has to be refiled in the "analytic" mind (in other words the conscious mind). By transferring the engrams in this manner, a person is supposed to become aware of his problems and is presumably able to resolve them.

These engrams are said to have been recorded on the cells during moments of unconsciousness or extreme pain. In addition, they begin to record not from the moment we were born, but from the moment we were conceived, sometimes earlier.

Some Scientologists are able to remember being a sperm or even the egg eagerly waiting to be met by the sperm. Thus it is obvious that Scientologists believe that many of our problems started long before we were born.

Hubbard's theory never makes it really clear, at least in a manner that would be accepted by most medical doctors, exactly how engrams can be planted before a foetus had developed a nervous system or the sense organs with which to register an impression, or even how a person could retain or "remember" verbal statements before he had command of a language. Scientologists simply accept his theory on faith, that if a husband beats his pregnant wife and shouts "take that" as he hits her, a "take that" engram can be planted in the womb. Thus, when junior grows up, he might react to this statement literally, and become a thief whose goal is to "take that."

Basically, L Ron Hubbard, a well known author of science fiction stories, wrote a book titled "Dianetics" in which he espoused his theories, which became the backbone of the "church" of Scientology's belief system.

If you read Dianetics you soon realize that there is no other work of new age psychobabble that even comes close to it.
edit on 28-12-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

translate.google.com

There may well be 'something wrong with it', but at the end of the day it's no different to any other religion, they're all as bad as one another.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
What exactly is the accusation? Did they actually do anything illegal or does Belgium just disagree with their religion? Who care if you think they are wacky or not, a religious person has the right to practice what they believe. People would go nuts if this were Christianity or Islam being 'prosecuted'.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The church of Scientology has always been very controversial. I respect their views on their religion just not their views of holding a church. I've heard many stories pertaining to how the church follows people around and harasses them. I like the idea of their church being redone to become more peaceful.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Scientology deserves nothing but ridicule and persecution.

They have it coming to them.

They are disgusting to the core.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Do you have any facts to back up your absurd claim?

Since you've set yourself up as Righteous Judge to decide who and what 'deserves persecution' like some kind of High Inquisitor I'm guessing you are basing these statements on your personal feelings and speculation alone.

I hope people can see this as an example of how sad the double standards on this board have become. If I posted "Jews deserve nothing but ridicule and persecution" there would no doubt be screams of bloody murder and maybe even a ban hammer. I hope there are at least some left with enough intelligence to recognize and reject these kinds of double standards.

I have no affiliation to Scientology but the amount of persecution they have to put up with constantly from people like this is just sad.
edit on 28-12-2012 by SilentKoala because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
reply to post by Grimpachi

Do you have any facts to back up your absurd claim?

Since you've set yourself up as Righteous Judge to decide who and what 'deserves persecution' like some kind of Nazi High Inquisitor I'm guessing you are basing these statements on your personal feelings and speculation alone.

I hope people can see this as an example of how sad the double standards on this board have become. If I posted "Jews deserve nothing but ridicule and persecution" there would no doubt be screams of bloody murder and maybe even a ban hammer. I hope there are at least some left with enough intelligence to recognize and reject these kinds of double standards.

I have no affiliation to Scientology but the amount of persecution they have to put up with constantly from people like this is just sad.

It's not a religion, it's a scam organization made to take money from its followers. This has been proven without a doubt, if you don't care to do your research on it I don't know why you're bothering to defend them.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
It's not a religion, it's a scam organization made to take money from its followers.

That can be said about any religion. I can say the same thing about Christianity and I would be telling the truth. They guilt their sheeple into giving them cash every weekend while their pastors relax with six-figure incomes or more. Many would say I'm being "insensitive" for pointing that out...

How about catholicism? Another multi-trillion dollar commercial industy, run by pedos and geocentrists. But I bet the catholics would be pretty upset if I point that out.

And let's not forget Muzzies, the source of 99% of all terrorism, founded by a prophet who was a pedophile. But if you dare draw his picture, there is blood and rioting in the streets.

There is no logical reason whatsoever to have a different standard for bashing Scientology than for bashing any other religion. Cause in the end, they are all scams, but people still have the right to whatever religion they choose without fear of persecution.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
]reply to post by SilentKoala

I had a friend that got sucked in. He finally got out 6 years later.

Scientology besides being a scam traffics human’s, slave labor practices, unlawfull imprisonment, destroys familys, extorts money, blackmail, and host of other disgusting things. I know plenty about them but it sounds like you do not. Below is a website dedicated to exposing them.

They used their followers to rebuild a cruise ship filled with asbestos and told them it was fiberglass they had them working in rooms filled with it and no protective gear they would just have them spray it with water. So yeah I stand by my statements.

They deserve to be prosecuted for the atrocities they commit on a daily basis. I am not religouse but they are not a religion they are a cult.

I can tell you 100s of things but you should just check the website much of it is documented on video.

www.xenutv.com...[
edit on 28-12-2012 by Grimpachi because: refrase

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

are you a scientologist, or have you just had your head under a rock your entire life?

if you discriminate against jews, that's racist. if you discriminate against an organisation built upon deception from the get go (to mimic religion) i think it's ok.

and of course, many religions are the same - selfish people take positions of power - weak people line up to be told how to deal with reality!

does this mean you should go easy on scientology? no, and not on any other type of organisation that uses similar tactics.

im actually kind of confused how any rational being could even begin to defend scientology.. which makes me think you ARE affiliated. haha!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Kinda reminds me of the rap that Freemasons take.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorShip
if you discriminate against jews, that's racist.

Wrong, Biologically speaking, there is no such thing as an ethnic Jew. The only thing that actually exists is the religion. Even still, if someone went on exposing their religion for all its deceptions, pointed out all the reasons why Hannakuh (or however you spell it) is a scam, a lot of people would whine.

if you discriminate against an organisation built upon deception from the get go (to mimic religion) i think it's ok.

Aren't all religions built on deceptions? Or is saying the earth is 6000 years old when such a statement has been proven false okay by your standard of deception?

does this mean you should go easy on scientology? no, and not on any other type of organisation that uses similar tactics.

But there are other religions that demand immunity from criticism, as I pointed out.

im actually kind of confused how any rational being could even begin to defend scientology.

I'm not defending scientology or its teachings. I am exposing double standards.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

im actually kind of confused how any rational being could even begin to defend scientology.

You would be surprised how many people say this about Freemasonry; and they don't know anymore truth about Freemasonry than they do about Scientology.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

translate.google.com

Take a look at the book "The Scandal of Scientology" . It does a pretty good lob of describing and debunking Scientology.

Here is an excerpt from the book...

The purpose of Scientology "auditing" or "processing" is to help the preclear get rid of his "engrams," which Scientologists say are a type of impression imprinted on the protoplasm of the cell itself.

Hubbard believes that these engrams are stored in the "reactive mind" (roughly comparable to Freud's unconscious) and that before a person can solve his problems, the engram has to be refiled in the "analytic" mind (in other words the conscious mind). By transferring the engrams in this manner, a person is supposed to become aware of his problems and is presumably able to resolve them.

These engrams are said to have been recorded on the cells during moments of unconsciousness or extreme pain. In addition, they begin to record not from the moment we were born, but from the moment we were conceived, sometimes earlier.

Some Scientologists are able to remember being a sperm or even the egg eagerly waiting to be met by the sperm. Thus it is obvious that Scientologists believe that many of our problems started long before we were born.

Hubbard's theory never makes it really clear, at least in a manner that would be accepted by most medical doctors, exactly how engrams can be planted before a foetus had developed a nervous system or the sense organs with which to register an impression, or even how a person could retain or "remember" verbal statements before he had command of a language. Scientologists simply accept his theory on faith, that if a husband beats his pregnant wife and shouts "take that" as he hits her, a "take that" engram can be planted in the womb. Thus, when junior grows up, he might react to this statement literally, and become a thief whose goal is to "take that."

Basically, L Ron Hubbard, a well known author of science fiction stories, wrote a book titled "Dianetics" in which he espoused his theories, which became the backbone of the "church" of Scientology's belief system.

If you read Dianetics you soon realize that there is no other work of new age psychobabble that even comes close to it.

south park explained it pretty well also:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WhereIsTheBatman

WHAT IF...

they're right... ooooohhhh

like .. what if that specific set of beliefs was set up in order to propagate the storyboard for the false flag alien invasion of nazis pretending to be aliens..... in order to gear the world up to unite under global governance into the birth of the NWO?

betcha didn't think of THAT now didja

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Scientology is not a religion it is a cult.Their entire system is designed to brainwash you.

If you publicly talk bad about them they will hire private investigators find anything or fabricate dirt on you and will also tie you up in court with baseless lawsuits until they bankrupt you. Once you are in they will bankrupt you then turn you into a slave you cannot escape many places they have forcibly kept people. Forced women to have abortions.

Child labor and slavery they have even taken children out of the country from their parents that were members.

No education for children instead they put them to work.

People have died in their camps because they wouldn’t give them treatment for illnesses or wounds.

Scientology is the most disgusting farce of a religion it is a cult.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

There may well be 'something wrong with it', but at the end of the day it's no different to any other religion, they're all as bad as one another.

Bull. You can attend just about any church, talk with the preacher/pastor/whatever without forking over a dollar. Scientology requires money.

I'm not religious, but am growing so tired of the annoying atheist trend. I get that kids think they're edgy for eschewing their parents religion. I get it. You're super smart.

There are a TON of people that have religion and don't hate/judge or condemn. If that is their crutch I say more power to them. I know some folks that are very religious, and some that are very against religion. We had a nice dinner on the 25th.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

LOL??!! Are you seriously trying to defend Scientology on the internet?? Do you have any idea.....

Evil cults can all burn and die. Anyone dumb enough to believe that its actually a force for good has been mislead by other members. The elite of Scientology are evil people with negative agendas.

Plus I get the feeling Scientology was set up by Freemasons who were rejected by the others haha..... Its funny because there's more truth to that statement than one would expect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join