It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army's new weapons and soldiers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

NEW Army Combat Uniform

XM8 Carbine Compact Configuration

XM8 Carbine

XM8 with XM320 Configuration and XM8 Sharpshooter Configuration

XM8: One Weapon - Four Variants

mounted Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station (CROWS)

XM307 25mm Advanced Crew Served Machine Gun

XM312 Lightweight .50 Caliber Machine Gun

Enhanced Night Vission Goggles (ENVG)

AN/PAS-13 Thermal Weapon Sights

Aviation Night Vision Imaging System w/Head's Up Display

Air Warrior

Air Warrior

Land Warrior with XM8

Current Warrior

Advanced Combat Helmet

Commander's Digital Assistant

Photos from www.peosoldier.army.mil...

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
nice pile of junk

where did you find all this?

(ps)

thats sleek junk by the way

and when I say junk I mean stuff

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
OMG that is some nice gear, especially like the ' Air Warrioer ' uniform thats awesome

I still dont like the XM8 it looks so FAKE and PLASTIC. When are these new changes going to impact the army

Is this the future of the U.S army ?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
anyone else think that the new "advanced combat helmet" is suspicously similar to the WWII era German helmets?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I would just like to point out that 25mm rounds are considered CANNON rounds. Would not want to be on the buissness end of that XM307. So really.... a crew served cannon.WOW. The .50 is nice, too. much smaller than the Browning M2 currently in service.
The website was down when I tried to access it, though.
Very cool stuff.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   

why do american soldiers have the US flag reversed on their arm, the stars are on the opposite side to that which they should be

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
hehehehe....

edit: I know, I know how much of a horrible photoshop job it is but it honestly took me like 30 seconds

[edit on 26-10-2004 by UnknownOrigins]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

why do american soldiers have the US flag reversed on their arm, the stars are on the opposite side to that which they should be

I assume it so the same reason that "police" is written backwards on police cars. So the word appears correct in a rear view mirror or reflection. Thats my guess.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   

why do american soldiers have the US flag reversed on their arm, the stars are on the opposite side to that which they should be :puz

I think it's so that the one who is wearing this uniform can see both stars and stripes, resulting in an increase of patriotic feelings which according to research results in 6.543% bigger efficiency in eliminating evildoers

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

source
-The US Code does not address the positioning of the flag patch. It is appropriate to wear an American flag patch on the left or right sleeve. When worn on the left sleeve, the union would appear towards the front and the stripes would run horizontally toward the back. When worn on the right sleeve, it is considered proper to reverse the design so that the union is at the observer�s right to suggest that the flag is flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward.

An interesting fact that I ran into while finding this is that in the past only deployed solders would wear the color flag on their uniforms, and would have to remove it when the came back home. Now all troops are to wear the color U.S. flag deployed or not. This is probably for a couple of reasons, but mainly I see it as an indicator that we will be at war for quite a while, and this will save the troops the hassle of putting the flag back on every time that they are deployed.

All Soldiers to Wear U.S. Flag on Uniforms
WASHINGTON -- All Soldiers can now wear the U.S. flag insignia on the right shoulder of their utility uniform, as a continued reminder that the Army is engaged in a war at home and abroad.

�The flag has been around for years to identify deploying troops. Now based on the Army�s joint expeditionary mindset, the flag represents our commitment to fight the war on terror for the foreseeable future,� said Sgt. Maj. Walter Morales, the uniform policy chief for G1.

Army Chief of Staff Gen. Peter Schoomaker approved the uniform item Feb. 11, and all Soldiers have until Oct. 1, 2005 to get the insignia sewn on their uniforms.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenshin

all we need now is the rebel alliance :p

why do they look like toys?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
where did you get all this stuff. Nice pictures by the way just to tell you.
Where do you get them?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
[edit on 27-10-2004 by almighty_puma]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megaquad

why do american soldiers have the US flag reversed on their arm, the stars are on the opposite side to that which they should be :puz

I think it's so that the one who is wearing this uniform can see both stars and stripes, resulting in an increase of patriotic feelings which according to research results in 6.543% bigger efficiency in eliminating evildoers

I DO HAVE TO SAY >>>> HA HA HA .. To this dumb ass post .. don't ever talk about soldiers liek that again. They die everyday and my Friend Glenn ... sais that when he goes back in two weeks he will nbot be equipped with any of this JUNK !!! He will be issued it replacing his old Junk ... in about 6 months AFTER HE IS OVER THERE. ..

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by almighty_puma
Xm 307 in action

XM 312/307 operation

The design of the XM312 is based on the recoil-reducing action developed for 25mm XM307 OCSW. The barrel is locked by the conventional rotating bolt, which is operated by more or less conventional gas system. The bolt group mover within the barrel extension, which, along with the barrel and gas system, can recoil inside the gun housing. The XM312 fires from the open bolt, and at the moment of fire the recoiling group (barrel, barrel extension, gas system and gas drive) is in its rearmost position. When gun is fired, special spring first begin to move recoiling group forward. Then, bolt is released, it strips the cartridge into the barrel, locks it and cartridge is fired, while recoiling group is still on the move forward. The recoil of the shot first has to overcome the inertia of the recoiling group, and only then group began to recoil back, compressing the return spring. At the same time gas drive unlocks the bolt, and retracts it within the barrel extension, extracting and ejecting a fired case. This somewhat complicated design results in significantly reduced recoil, and in conjunction with muzzle brake, in lightweight, but stable construction. The price of this reduction in recoil is complicated (and expensive) construction and low cyclic rate of fire. The feed is using same old metallic belts, and XM312 can be fed from either side, alternatively.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by almighty_puma]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kenshin
OMG that is some nice gear, especially like the ' Air Warrioer ' uniform thats awesome

I still dont like the XM8 it looks so FAKE and PLASTIC. When are these new changes going to impact the army

It may look like plastic but there is a reason the gun is being made with plastic changeble parts so they can change the cover of the gun to match the surounding. for the bushes GReen and in the dessert you will use Sand collor. ect. using composits and plastic the weapon is much lighter then with materials commonly used.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
www.armedforcesjournal.com...

look there on the bottom of the linked page there are video's of the xm8
and a video of the FN2000

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bet555

I DO HAVE TO SAY >>>> HA HA HA .. To this dumb ass post .. don't ever talk about soldiers liek that again. They die everyday and my Friend Glenn ... sais that when he goes back in two weeks he will nbot be equipped with any of this JUNK !!! He will be issued it replacing his old Junk ... in about 6 months AFTER HE IS OVER THERE. ..

yeah they die every day we noticed its something WE aint happy about
yeha because this stuff isnt in full production, this is what the prototypes look like.
yeah so what you cant make them any faster.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I love all the tech weapons and hope they prove to be reliable in combat for our guys. Sand has a funny effect on tech.......great post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join