It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Bracelets in Our Schools

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Apparently this is happening everywhere. I spoke with my kids teacher today during a conference and the school is thinking of banning these bracelets. I cannot believe that we have to worry about our Junio High Age kids wearing these bracelets, shouldn't they still be thinking about Matchbox cars and Barbie Dolls!?!? It terrifies me what is going on in the world that children are now wearing Sex Bracelets.

For those not aware, these bracelets also known as Jelly Bracelets have different colors on them signifying what sexual favor they will perform for the one that "snaps" it off their wrist

Blue=oral sex
Black=intercourse
Red=lap dance
Purple=kissing
Yellow=hugging

These bracelets are being banned in alot of schools. They need to ban them in all schools. Just google the words "Jelly Bracelet" and you will see how many schools have already started banning them.

Sites of Interest
snopes.com
urbanlegends.about.com
nbc4i.com

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
mafia and gangsters wore these bracelets in hong kong but had a totally different other meaning.....and gangs would wear the same color and it terrified people that saw them

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think you're overreacting. When I was in junior highschool, we had things similar to jelly bracelets. Should we take them out of schools? Of course not. Kids have sex in junior high school. Face it.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I think you're overreacting. When I was in junior highschool, we had things similar to jelly bracelets. Should we take them out of schools? Of course not. Kids have sex in junior high school. Face it.

they do? cuz im in junior high and i havent heard any1 talk about it

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Kids in my sachool espeically 8th graders say they have sex.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000

they do? cuz im in junior high and i havent heard any1 talk about it

Talk about what, sex? Or are you referring to the Jelly bracelets? I said that when I was in junior high school, we had something similar to it.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r

i am in the 8th grade kids in your school need to be spanked by their parents

no not the jelly bracelets the part where juniour high kids have sex

[edit on 25-10-2004 by CookieMonster000]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
CookieMonster,

You're from the NYC, wasnt that the same place which Harmony Khorine taped his movie "KIDS".

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
how am i supposed to know what movie and who that guy was?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r

i am in the 8th grade kids in your school need to be spanked by their parents

Kids coem onto the bus one morning saying "yeah so and so is really good at havign sex." so and so forth. Get into soem pretty graphic conversations.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Cookiemonster...

If I could applaud you, I would. Thanks for being a logical and well-grounded young person who is able to tell when something is a bad idea.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Harmony Korine is an independent director whos created such bizarre films as KIDS, Gummo, and Julien Donkey Boy. Most of his films are based on mere improv and hardly no script reciting.

Now the reason why I asked if KIDS was taped in the NYC is because it deals with underage sex in schools. Here is the tagline:

Disturbing, dark, low-budget independent film about teen-agers growing up in poverty in New York City. The story focuses on Telly (Leo Fitzpatrick), a teen who has a goal to de-flower as many virgins as he can. When one of his old encounters discovers that she is H.I.V.-positive, after only one encounter with a guy, Telly remains undaunted.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It totally floored me when I heard about the sex bracelets. When I was 14, Madonna was wearing them (we called them gasgets) and that's why we wore them. I can't believe 13 and 14 year olds are having sex. Perhaps, we should educate them about sex. Do you junior high kids get any sex education?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Sounds like someone's fantasies are getting away from them to me. Kids wear these at the Junior High here, but to think they would be that casual about sex is rediculous. I remember the talk about sex when I was in junior high, and this sounds like the same type of thing- wishful thinking for the vast majority of kids.

The second link above explains what happened when the kids were asked about this 'sex game'. The people got laughed out of the school. Relax, folks, it ain't real.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
As a teacher in junior high I will tell you the children of today are something else, sex is going rampant in many schools and yes we knew which children were promiscuous, some of these children have more problems that many adults have to face.

All I can say is that I am glad that my children are out of school already, I think I had gotten most of my white hair in their last 6 years of school.

If they want to wear a littler bracelet let them. Junior high is the time for kids to prove to their parents that they are all grown up, (that is what they think). Instead of fighting them, I suggest you love them and love them very much, they will remember all the love after (teenage madness wears off) and they will love you back, (if you survived long enough)

And for sex if you have not told your children about sex before they enter junior high trust me somebody else allready had children are not as naive as many of your think and they do talk about many things when they are together and yes sex is one of them.

[edit on 083131p://111 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Sometimes they mean what School officials have come to think that they mean. But for every kid who knows what they mean, there are at least 5 who are wearing them because "They sell them at Hot Topic, Dude!" They are naive to the concept, and you are simply informing them by bringing it up.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
These bracelets are being banned in alot of schools. They need to ban them in all schools. Just google the words "Jelly Bracelet" and you will see how many schools have already started banning them.

Banning the bracelets will not stop the sex from continuing, not only that but the kids will just find something else to use for the same purpose.
It's just a wasted effort trying to ban something like that when it won't really help the real problem at hand

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
At my old Junior High School anytime you walked into the lunchroom and stayed for at least five minutes you would hear talk about sex from any given table. I think adults should realize that sex in middle schools is not even remotely uncommon. I would also not say that this is altogether the biggest problem in schools today. I feel that bullying should be the target for schools. Bullying can lead to depression which can lead childeren to turn to sex/drugs/violence to make themselves think they feel better. I know that as long as schools exist bullying will as well but from what I have seen, the faculty could do a better job of preventing/stopping childeren from bullying each other.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Cookiemonster...

If I could applaud you, I would. Thanks for being a logical and well-grounded young person who is able to tell when something is a bad idea.

was this sarcasm or a compliment?

agrees to post below

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
the best way to take care of your children is educating them on the problems of life that is going to be ahead of them and prepare them good. One more thing don't even worry about the color code of the bracelets is just for fun.

[edit on 083131p://111 by marg6043]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join