It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Bracelets in Our Schools

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I am 21 years of age and yes people do have sex when they are as young as 12 years of age and the reason is because oen or two people really do have sex. Then it is all down hill from there, either that or that somene and her friend decide to have sex .... most of the time this comes from Prom all the way down to the freshman from the seniors. For some reason the middle schoolers here thier sisters or brothers talking ... this is a result.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Really taking away Jelly Bracelets is not going to help...

This kids get their views about sex and morals from their parents and their peers.... and are going to either have sex or not have sex.. no matter who's wearing what jelly bracelet. Then there are those pesky horemones that start to get ya around that age.

It's up to parents to talk to their kids EARLY about sex... before the TV or a big mouthed buddy gets to them first.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone's said it but banning Jelly Bracelets won't make the kids stop having underage (and often unprotected) sex. However, it is a token, a look at me type thing and as such should be banned for promoting underage sex.

Mind you, devil's luck, if you ban them something else will replace them.

I'd send a blanket letter home to all parent's explaining the issue and see the impact that makes in conjunction to a school wide ban. This might help those who are facing pressure to avoid potential problems.

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Theres no point in banning our bracelets we will wear them anyway or find somethin to replace them. and u may be able to bann them from schools but we will just put them on right wen we walk out the door.

lol and how would u be able to tell if we even wore them in schools its not like u can do anythin about it so stop tryin.

and kids will have sex wether u take the bracelets or no the bracelets repressent it but thats all we'd still do it without them

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Kids have been habving sex at 10(!), 11, 12, 13 forever....All it is is nature...The difference today in 2004 is the pervasivness in the media of all things related to sex...there are even sexual themes in cartoons and commercials...couple this with raging hormones and both parents working until 6 or 7pm at night, what do you expect?

I had my first experiences at the age of 16, in high school....scheduling was a piece o' cake as I had more free time after school than my parents or siblings...do I have regrets? yeah, I wish I had been more appreciative of the experience...I couldn't keep the girls off of me....even older women...even one of my female teachers grabbed my butt once in front of everyone and then one time put her hand right on my crotch after class...she was a pretty young woman teacher so I didn't mind...but anyway...the problem is girls talk about everything, and before I knew it, every girl in town knew I was hung like a horse...I think it is differnet for guys than girls....

The media glamourizes promiscioutiy and casual sex...this is the problem as the TV is always around when parents are usually working....kids mimic behaviours they see on TV and movies...plain and simple...you can't blame them for acting on their NATURAL urges....and we especially should not make them feel guilty for having/acting on such urges...it is nature....

What we need to do is teach them how to keep their head in check at all times...we need to tell them that kids having kids is a very difficult and awkward situation for everyone involved and is the best case scenario....the worst case is kids ending up with the high five...HIV.....

If kids learn one things from our conversations with them it should be this...no sex unless it's safe sex....condoms at all times!

preaching abstinence just makes kids wanna have sex even more! I'm not saying let your kids have sex, what I'm saying is don't encourage this behaviour by making it seem rebelious....Tell them if they choose to take the chance, only with protection! It's their choice and nothing you say to them as a parent can change that....but being honest with them will ensure that they respect what you have to say....

[edit on 4-11-2004 by abdul]

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
In my day it was pop-top tabs...remember those? It's mostly talk and BS, and a recess game.... No need to get so worked up about it...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I go to school and there everywhere. Kids probably have got it on in the cubicals. There gonna do it whether or not a bracelet snaps. I saw a teacher whereing one once. I didn't care, the management didn't care and she still works there.

(however ironicly er........ she pregnant)

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
ok...

its the kids choice to wear them....no one can stop them....if they want to go off n do the thing then they taking the chances....banning the braclets is not goin to do anything!! still everything is going to happen no matter if they ban em or not!
# i have seen teachers with em on too.....even my own!!! teachers!
say something about that...

enough said

--lil rage--

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
LOL you guys are crazy teens.

I had sex when i was young, but it was because i thought i was cool hanging out with the older highschool kids drinking beer...next thing you know..

Why are parents so damn paranoid though? I mean, in my highschool/J.H. public display of affection was just like a slap on the wrist (teachers would yell at you, but nothing beyond that, unless it was like booty grabbin or crotch grabbin) So what some kids kiss do whatever, I mean...if i was in J.H. I probably wouldn't wear one of those bracelets because I like to undercover, but that's just me. And..seeing a girl with one the sex ones on...knowing she would have sex with just anyone who could take it off...I doubt the girl would actually do it. most the kids proably just wear them to look cool or be in with the crowd.

Meh, the worlds coming to an end sooner or later. (goes off singing R.E.M song)

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Wow, okay, maybe i really do live in a rural town. Or possibly it's just my group of friends, but I rarely see Jelly Bracelets, and if I/we do then it's on those...er... less fortunate peers who do drugs to be "cool". and we just ignore them because they obviously have a bad background, where something went wrong with their past to make them so sexually explicit. I'm 16 and I've just began dating! I would NEVER think of sex before marriage, let alone any of my friends. I choose my friends wisely (partly for the fact that my mom and dad would murder me if my friends were a bunch of urchins), and all of them (at the most) have not had more than 3 boyfriends/ girlfriends in their lives (counting 'fake' relationships--i.e. elementrary school "i stole your pen so now you're going out with me" mentality). I myself have only had one boyfriend, and it's not because I'm a social loser, it's because i don't believe dating should be so casual, as well as sex. Same as these bracelets, I don't believe they have an origional origin as sexual things, but some sick and perverted freek thought it's make a nice asset to a boring geometry/social science/ health class.. whatever. Things like this just take off, and before you know it, it's a nation wide problem.

but, wow, that still shocks me that 10, 11, 12 year olds are having sex?! i have to keep a closer eye on my sister now...

_df

[edit on 5-11-2004 by DarkFlame]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sexybunnyrabit_98
Theres no point in banning our bracelets we will wear them anyway or find somethin to replace them. and u may be able to bann them from schools but we will just put them on right wen we walk out the door.

I think that was a point I was making actually, so I am glad you agree!

However, schools do actually have a lot of power regarding what attire their students wear (in the UK at least (I can't comment on elsewhere)).

lol and how would u be able to tell if we even wore them in schools its not like u can do anythin about it so stop tryin.

The jelly bracelets are displayed - that is the point in wearing them isn't it? That's how staff would know - doh...

and kids will have sex wether u take the bracelets or no the bracelets repressent it but thats all we'd still do it without them

Exactly...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I think that was a point I was making actually, so I am glad you agree!

However, schools do actually have a lot of power regarding what attire their students wear (in the UK at least (I can't comment on elsewhere)).

The jelly bracelets are displayed - that is the point in wearing them isn't it? That's how staff would know - doh...

Exactly...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
banning the bracelets and telling the us not to do somethin just makes us want to do it more. u people dont no the rules to the bracelets do u u think that if any guy bracks the bracelet off the girls arm we have to do wat the bracelet means wen the rules stae that both parties have to be willing to do that surtin task if a guy pulls the bracelet and bracks it and u dont want to do the task u dont have to u guys make us outas BIG SLUTS or sumthin the bracelets just make it easyer to do things that we would have done anyway we dont just do stuff with everyone.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
banning the bracelets and telling the us not to do somethin just makes us want to do it more. u people dont no the rules to the bracelets do u u think that if any guy bracks the bracelet off the girls arm we have to do wat the bracelet means wen the rules stae that both parties have to be willing to do that surtin task if a guy pulls the bracelet and bracks it and u dont want to do the task u dont have to u guys make us outas BIG SLUTS or sumthin the bracelets just make it easyer to do things that we would have done anyway we dont just do stuff with everyone.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Kids have sex in junior high, its not a good idea though. I have now problem with kids that age making out and stuff though. The braclets cannot be banned, it is unconstitutional because who said they have to be about sex the bracelts can be worn just for the heck of it. and most kids i know in middle school say they dont have that meaning around here and stuff similar to that.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
sex bracilites in jounior high school. i wonder what they would use in high school. un fortunatily i am in college and my year in high school i know nothing about this. wow sex bracilits what will they think of next.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

It is so freakin sad to see young females go right along with a mindset that will just get them bred and broken. So much of mainstream culture is already about teaching and enforcing the gender roles that best serve our corporate overseers, and seeing what used to be "subversive" youth culture doing the same thing is sad. Boys are being raised up to be junior soldiers, using and abusing women, in the service of the ruling class. Girls are being raised up to be house servants, breeders, support staff to the soldiers.

Have sex because you are strong and healthy and love your partner, not because your friends do it, it's cool, some boy sexually harasses you, and so on. Don't be a tool.

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
hay I agree with that I think that sex is the love between two people not and experance for someone to have. I don't think that sex should be not be on tv or on the internet but better left in the bed room.

[edit on 6-11-2004 by hughes28105]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You censor something, it makes people want it more. When someone tells you not to do something, or did tell you to do something, don't you remember what it was liek with that little Egotistical voice raising up saying "I dare you." That's why humans do things they are not suppost to, challenge them to do something , 9 times out of 10 you'll hit their Self-Esteem and and hurt their ego, they'll do it.

Kids are the same way as adults with this, just about Two Hundred Times worse. Immaturity is an easy thing to manipulate, even by other kids that are just as immature. In a culture that thrives on perfection, and hates people that don't thrive for it. And as everyone said, they see it on TV. I was really mature for my age, and still am. People say not only do I look like I'm 40, but I act like it when I'm serious. I'm only 20, turning 21 on Jan 1st.. I drink, but I didn't start drinking till a few months ago. I don't do any other drugs besides that and I smoke a cigar once in a blue moon..

But when you tell a kid, Don't Drink, Don't do Pulls, Don't Smoke. Unless that kid has respect for his mom/dad they won't. I didn't want to disappoint my parents back then, so I respected them and did as they wished as long as I lived under their roof.

So many issues take into play on kids doing such things as this. They don't understand sex leads to pregnancy, pregnancy leads to a lil kid. That lil kid leads to a hell of a lot of bills and some people can't raise a child and goto college. Sexual Diseases don't scare a kid, they are immortal. Didn't they tell you that? They can't be destroyed. They need to be shown Documentries of kids their age having kids and the paini it takes them through their life. Only way to make a child understand is scaring the crap out of them. Remember, kids are like adults, just stupid.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ok actually, many Kids have sex in school now, as far as I remember i heard stories about having sex at 10 years old... Is it too young? Always depending of the Education that you are giving to your kids. For my self, i will be pretty discouraged if my twelve years old girl tell me that she's pregnant....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join