It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF the Bushmaster WAS in the TRUNK of Lanza's car!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
not one friend of this guy has been on the media... he had to know someone?

all we got is a babysitter who apparently was told not to turn her back on him.... and probably was quoted in a joking manner.

I feel like I am being spoon fed...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this OP. I was reading on a different forum and there were 20 some odd posts of people watching the video and saying it was a shotgun so I didn't actually bother to watch it myself. That is 100% not a shot gun and I can't believe anyone would suggest it is.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hate to burst anybodies bubble here...but.... I know some of the cops and SWAT team that were there....it was a shot gun.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
Im going to go back and be so bold to say there is no way that gun is an AR. There does appear to be a hi-cap magazine in the trunk but it is already there before the weapon is cycled. What is ejected appears to be a shotgun shell, and that most definitely looks like a shotgun with a pistol grip.

AR's have charging handles that are on the back of the rifle, parallel with the barrel and stock. When you eject something out of an AR, you don't pull back a bar on the side of the chamber, you pull back a Y kinda shaped metal piece like I said, it is a completely different set of motions.

This is not a Bushmaster AR.
edit on 12/19/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

I own a Bushmaster. The Gun in this video IS NOT a Bushmaster, per your description, sputniksteve.

As you stated, the Bushmaster does not have a side bolt action.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Why is the type of gun in question? Fact is guns make it too easy to kill people and far too many irresponsible and crazy people exist in this world. Making it easy for everyone to access guns is the problem.

Guns being banned have a proven rate of a 40% decrease in crime, violent crime, and deaths related to crime within 10 years.
Countries with these laws have dealt with few or no shootings in public. In turn this has saved those countries billions.
These countries still allow the purchase of guns as well, they just require you to register everything pretty much and restrict access to military style gear.

In the end you Americans are doing this to yourselves and bickering over what type of gun won't solve any problems for you will it?

While many countries were brave enough to do the right thing, we see the Americans bickering over petty topics that do nothing to curb this kind of violent behavior.
Some say the US is filled with the smartest people in the world, I for one disagree wholeheartedly, they are the most stubborn gun-toting people I've seen on the planet even after many children were murdered they still want their stupid gun rights.

The need or guns went the way of the dinosaurs when we hired Cops and armed a standing army. Gun rights were to encourage militias and ensure no outside country could bully an American.

Those days are gone, so should be your guns. Anything less is ignorance at it's finest.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
I stand by my statement. There is no way that is a Bushmaster AR. Did you see the size of the round that came out of the chamber? No way that is a .223 or 5.56.

Like I said it could be a SKS, or custom AK, or even Ruger 10/22 if we ignored the round that was emptied. I will be more than happy to admit I am wrong if we have something better to go off of but this video is very difficult to tell with.

The sight of that gun is STAPLE for pistol grip shotgun, and I almost think I can see additional shells that are carried on the stock but it is really hard to tell with such low quality. My point is that this is in no way proof of anything, we need better images.

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by sputniksteve

Then perhaps you'd like to provide a picture and video for a shotgun that looks like this one and discharges like it? OH, and you need to show me a shotgun registered to Nancy Lanza or purported to have been used. She had rifles and handguns, that's it.

Most shotguns discharge out of the side like that, as well as charge in the same fashion. Some shotguns discharge out the bottom as well. Google it, it's not like I am suggesting something totally unlikely.

I don't need to prove any shotgun was registered to anyone in regards to what that gun is. Most places don't require any registration of Shotguns or Rifles. I have a rifle, pistol, and shotgun, and only the pistol is registered because that is the law where I live.
edit on 12/19/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

Based on your comment, regarding the size of the ejected bullet, the SKS 7.62 x 39 round is almost identical to a .223 round as I own both weapons. FYI
edit on 20-12-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian
Why is the type of gun in question? Fact is guns make it too easy to kill people and far too many irresponsible and crazy people exist in this world. Making it easy for everyone to access guns is the problem.

Its all about marketing.

The feds know that the AK47 and Bushmaster are the "evil guns" that the public recognizes as "machine guns".

So they stick with what works -- how many people have ever heard of an SKS? Not many. So its all about marketing the evil guns and brand recognition.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
110% NOT, repeat N-O-T a Bushmaster. The size of the shell alone tells you it was a shotgun with a pistol grip handle on it. There may be a model out there with a box magazine, some Eastern Block manufacturers I believe make one like this. The end of the forearm of the stock angles back sharply in model designs like this and, personally, I can make out the long tube of either the gun's gas operation mechanism or, if no box magazine was there the tube magazine of the gun.

It's no AR or Bushmaster. Sorry to bust your bubble OP.

I've also said elsewhere that the same amount of carnage could have been accomplished in the car the shooter drove up in - and faster - if he'd shown up at the first or end of the school day and STILL no one would have been able to stop him because it was a damned "gun free zone", aka "kill zone".
edit on 20-12-2012 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
Hate to burst anybodies bubble here...but.... I know some of the cops and SWAT team that were there....it was a shot gun.

Is this a "Believe you over your lying eyes?" type of thing? No thanks. That was not a shotgun. What model was it since you know people there?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Why is the type of gun in question? Fact is guns make it too easy to kill people and far too many irresponsible and crazy people exist in this world. Making it easy for everyone to access guns is the

You all believe Americans are violent and dangerous so what happens when 99% of us are disarmed? We're suddenly civilized and nice?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Definitely not an AR in the trunk just based on how the officer cycled the action to clear it. He cycled it from a bolt handle on the side of the receiver. AR's cycle from the rear of the bolt. Some other type of auto loading rifle or shotgun.

The stock and length of bolt throw reminds me of a Dragunov. But, those are pretty rare in the U.S. But the stocks are sold as aftermarket upgrades for a variety of rifles.

Much like the stock on this Marlin

edit on 20-12-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by nighthawk1954

Is this a "Believe you over your lying eyes?" type of thing? No thanks. That was not a shotgun. What model was it since you know people there?

He has no proof it was, you have no proof it wasnt. Some say it looks like a rifle, some say it looks like a shotgun. Shell appeared too big to be a .223 round. Thats really about all we know.

The only thing that really matters here is that there's a lot of filled coffins and empty lives.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
I own a Saiga Shotgun, and it does look like that may be what the gun is, The size of the shell, Right away puts the AR-15 out of the arguement. There is NO WAY thats a .223, judging by the way the bullet rolls out on to the trunk, makes me think its a Shotgun round. The Saiga does have an AK style bullet ejector pull back lever on the side. An AR does NOT, unless fabricated too, which is highly unlikely.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

I was just refering to the siaga being Mag fed, and how looks can be decieving.
Like a ruger 10/22 stock with wood or synthetic
vs
A 10/22 witth the archangel composite add ons
Same exact gun just looks different.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
In YouTube someone suggested it could be one of these:

www.saiga-12.com...

I had no idea that existed. Pretty cool actually. Looking at it on their website I can't believe its a shotgun. I take back what I said - no way to know from that clip what it was.

As for AR-15 not having side charging handle. There are kits to modify an AR-15 to do this.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Ollie769

I'm actually thinking the "size" of the shell is being misrepresented because of the flood light shining in the trunk is reflecting off the shell casing. IMO.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Guns being banned have a proven rate of a 40% decrease in crime, violent crime, and deaths related to crime within 10 years.
Countries with these laws have dealt with few or no shootings in public. In turn this has saved those countries billions.
These countries still allow the purchase of guns as well, they just require you to register everything pretty much and restrict access to military style gear.

In the end you Americans are doing this to yourselves and bickering over what type of gun won't solve any problems for you will it?

While many countries were brave enough to do the right thing, we see the Americans bickering over petty topics that do nothing to curb this kind of violent behavior.
Some say the US is filled with the smartest people in the world, I for one disagree wholeheartedly, they are the most stubborn gun-toting people I've seen on the planet even after many children were murdered they still want their stupid gun rights.

The need or guns went the way of the dinosaurs when we hired Cops and armed a standing army. Gun rights were to encourage militias and ensure no outside country could bully an American.

Those days are gone, so should be your guns. Anything less is ignorance at it's finest.

More people have been killed using edged weapons than with guns sooooo lets ban knives too. All knives are now banned. Oh and we need to ban baseball bats, axe handles, chainsaws, wood chippers, rocks....when do we accept that evil people do evil things. Taking away for a person to defend themselves does not make the evil person go away. If an evil person wants to harm , he will find a way. Look at China and the man killing 20 with a knife.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69

More people have been killed using edged weapons than with guns sooooo lets ban knives too. All knives are now banned. Oh and we need to ban baseball bats, axe handles, chainsaws, wood chippers, rocks....when do we accept that evil people do evil things. Taking away for a person to defend themselves does not make the evil person go away. If an evil person wants to harm , he will find a way. Look at China and the man killing 20 with a knife.

You know what all these things have in common? People use tei arms to operate them. So we should just ban arms. We'd all live in hARMony

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

This is the model..........

store.a51tactical.com...

cruisingwithgunhead.tumblr.com...

No scope and with a 12 round box magazine

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It's not an AR. Anyone who's ever owned an AR can tell you that.

1. The bottom of the receiver is too flat; even an unloaded AR's receiver projects downward.

2. AR's don't have thumbhole stocks available due to the design of the buffer tube; CA-legal stocks are as close as you can get and look very distinctive.

3. AR's lacking optics will always have a high forward sight not visible in the video.

4. The officer clears the firearm by moving his hand along the right side of the receiver. The AR charging handle latches to the receiver on the LEFT side. Even if you tried operating it from the front that way, it would still be locked shut from the left side.

Simply, it neither looks like an AR nor operates like one.

It does however look and function exactly like this SKS:

Could easily be something different; a lot of long guns share that pattern and have open stocks like that available. The AR design is far less common and quite distinctive.

I would vote against a saiga personally; the forend is unusually long for one of those. Could be a vepr or something, maybe.

The 10/22 is also a good guess; you can set up a 10/22 to look very similar to that SKS, and it has a right side charging handle as well, though the action is shorter than I think the video shows.

Anyway, none of this matters.

He didn't take whatever-it-was into the school, and even if he had, so what? If he wore jeans, should we ban jeans?
edit on 20-12-2012 by JBlitzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
That is not a Bushmaster M4, or any Ar-15 variant for that matter. Looks to me to be a Benelli Entry shotgun with an M4 grip on it. I cant see the video right now, but the other day i saw it (Didnt realize you guys wouldkeep arguing about it, and assumed one of the other guns his mother owned would match the descrip)
Another possibility is that it could be an SKS, though i would have to see the video again and right now its not working. Speaking from military experience.

Edit: Didnt even see the post above mine until i posted lol dude hit it right on.
edit on 20-12-2012 by MystikStylez because: acknowledging post above mine

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join