It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
CBS just confirmed the identity of the shooter as Ryan Lanza.
2nd

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
reply to post by summer5

Really right after being asked not to post Facebook link? Right guy though.....

I didn't see that post until after I posted it, I removed right after seeing the request not to post links.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? Did any of you catch this??

Been watching it 'live' and they sent the live feed to a news reporter at the neighbor where the kid lived. The reporter states, "The neighbors said that around 9:15am they saw police surrounding the 'kids' house and taping off the neighborhood and telling everyone to evacuate". Did you catch that? 9:15am!

The shootings were reported around 10-10:30am. The police DID NOT supposedly learn the identity of the shooter until between 11-11:30am. YET, they are surrounding and taping off the neighborhood of the 'kid' at 9:15am well before the shootings took place.

Am I the only one that finds this a little OFF? They were at the house before the shootings took place.

link   

Originally posted by GhostyMew
So he killed his father in NJ, then drove to Newtown and killed another 26 people including his mother, then possibly killed himself. And he's 24. Sounds like he needed to be put in an asylum a few years ago...

That's what they're saying on the news.... man, that is messed up.
A domestic issue spirals and ends up with 27 or so people, including 18 children, being killed.

FFS

link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Everyone please refrain from posting alleged personal information concerning the shooter (facebook page, address, phone number), etc. They will be removed by the staff.

Even if it is almost certain to be accurate, do not post them. You could be wrong and end up having an innocent person harassed or lawsuits. Be safe and just keep it off the board.

Thanks.

well said....maybe you can suggest a seperate thread started for those who wish to discuss the gun issue side of this story
edit on 14-12-2012 by research100 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
I just heard one report that said the children in the Kindergarten classroom were lined up killed execution style.

I have to leave this thread for a while - I'm too upset.

I pray that is untrue...please god, let that not be true.

link   

Originally posted by imagineering

Originally posted by summer5
Just looked at his FB page. Strange thing is there is photo that I can see taken just days ago of him dressed in all black. A reply to the photo is this:

Look like you're about to buy an Ale, but then paint a picture of it... very mixed... all good, though. Kinda like if Solid Snake was wearing a Neo trenchcoat. This can only turn out awesome.

edit on 14-12-2012 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

Super MOD noted, no posting links to FB pages.

Link was removed once I saw the request from MOD

link   
reply to post by phantomjack

The shooter was detected the second he opened fire. Guns are usually pretty loud, and the carnage tends to draw attention. Metal detectors might not be a bad idea in high schools where gang violence is possible/probable. You don't have a bunch of gang bangers "packing heat" so they can "bust a cap" in the first kid that looks at them wrong. But your suggestion that a metal detector in an elementary school would have prevented "anything" is (as I said) ignorant.

link   

Originally posted by thepdxgame

Been watching it 'live' and they sent the live feed to a news reporter at the neighbor where the kid lived. The reporter states, "The neighbors said that around 9:15am they saw police surrounding the 'kids' house and taping off the neighborhood and telling everyone to evacuate". Did you catch that? 9:15am!

The shootings were reported around 10-10:30am. The police DID NOT supposedly learn the identity of the shooter until between 11-11:30am. YET, they are surrounding and taping off the neighborhood of the 'kid' at 9:15am well before the shootings took place.

Am I the only one that finds this a little OFF? They were at the house before the shootings took place.

It may have been at his fathers house in NJ......they might have found the body before all was said and done

link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Not much on his facebook

His FB likes page is blowing up with angry people. He was an avid fan and player of the online roll playing vid game Mass Effect.

My heart feels like lead. All I can think of are the Families of those who were killed.....

edit on 14-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

link   
just waking up here in australia to the news....omg...what the hell is going on over there.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

So ATS who is he?
where what you know what can us informed people find out?

link   

Can you provide any cites to verify this?!

link   

The 911 call came in just after 9:30am, so we're seeing some crossed lines here. Maybe because of time zones, who knows. Also could be that the house issue was learned about first, because it happened first.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

NJ and CT are both on eastern time zones I am pretty sure.

link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
I just heard one report that said the children in the Kindergarten classroom were lined up killed execution style.

I have to leave this thread for a while - I'm too upset.

That's by far one of the worst thing I have heard in my life. I'm so sorry for these parents and kids.

link   

The 911 call came in just after 9:30am, so we're seeing some crossed lines here. Maybe because of time zones, who knows. Also could be that the house issue was learned about first, because it happened first.

nahhh same time zones

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I couldn't agree with you more in this case. My 4 year old isn't going to be publicly schooled. Good on you for making the same decision.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Obamas press release set for 3:15

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
News feed I'm listening to right now has a reporter in front of the shooter's apartment. According to the reporter, the cops have the street blocked off because they suspect the apartment is rigged with explosives.

Handguns and AR15.
Dressed in tactical gear.
Booby-trapped apartment.

Sounds like this kid was taking a page out of James Holmes' history.

Incredibly sad, incredibly senseless.

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join