It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Sad to say, but there will be more.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
One officer has been injured.

Does that indicate an ongoing situation?

Source it please. =)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Tragic.

My wife asked me a question that made me really think and I really don't know the answer. She asked if I thought all the public violence lately is people that are losing their minds cause they think the world is going to end. I don't know the answer to that. I had to say "maybe". Maybe they are so stressed over the idea that they just snap...don't know.

All I know is anytime someone chooses to inflict pain and violence on children, there is something profoundly wrong in their brains.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
America this is just getting stupid and a line needs to be drawn somwhere, either theres a real problem with the people of America or the gun laws are too loose. Something needs to give, this is just madness now. .

We don't hear about this kind of stuff in any other country, its every other week in America. You can say all you want about guns not killing people, I understand that - but its something to do with the general attitude towards firearms that Americans have that must be something to do with the problem.

Liek I said, somethign needs to give, somethign needs to be tackled and stopped and right now you guys are doing nothing about it and this crap is just constant..

So upsetting. . a #ing elementary school. . wtf is wrong with these people.
edit on 14-12-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

Well, actually no---that isn't true. Like a posted above---today a Chinese man stabbed 22 kids in a school. Another incident similar to this happened in China before. I also recall a shooting (or attempted shooting?) in Germany in 2008 Also, don't forget Anders Brenivick, in Norway. This is a global phenomena--however if you're arguing it is more frequent in the United States---you have a point.

Side note: I know this isn't the subject of the forum, but I find it suspicious that a man stabbed 22 primary kids in China on the same day that a man in the United States goes blazing in an elementary school.

-Ghoster

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This is happining one town away from me, Newtown is a small town with about 15,000 people.
Teacher has been shot in the foot also.
edit on 14-12-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

www.wtnh.com...

www.wtnh.com...
edit on 14-12-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A friend of mine who lives up there said that ALL Newtown schools are now in lock-down and for parents NOT to go to the schools. I'm sure they don't need people in the way but if I had a child at that school you bet your butt I would be there to know he/she was ok.

link   
reply to post by unphased

My fellow members of ATS...no matter what your spiritual belief's are.....

Please send out a massive amount of prayers for the children at that school and the staff too.

I really believe in the power of prayer.

link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I'm of the opinion that this type of stuff has been going on for quite a while and that it's just getting widely reported a lot more lately. I absolutely could be wrong about that but that's just what it seems like. Also, I think this stuff does go on as much if not more often in other countries, they just don't tell everyone about it. Take China as a possible example although they've had a lot of reported stabbings lately. It is absolutely a problem though but I'm not going to help turn this into another discussion about gun control like all of these topics always get turned into.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
My prayers go out... it goes without saying this is the last place a shooting should occur.

I just censored myself about ten times trying to write this reply.

Poor damned kids...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

America this is just getting stupid and a line needs to be drawn somwhere, either theres a real problem with the people of America or the gun laws are too loose. Something needs to give, this is just madness now. .

We don't hear about this kind of stuff in any other country, its every other week in America. You can say all you want about guns not killing people, I understand that - but its something to do with the general attitude towards firearms that Americans have that must be something to do with the problem.

Liek I said, somethign needs to give, somethign needs to be tackled and stopped and right now you guys are doing nothing about it and this crap is just constant..

Can we take the gun-control conversation to another thread and say it is off topic? This is about an actual breaking event. If you want to theorize about whether the Soviet Union and China have been historically safer than the United States do it elsewhere.

[edit]
Mod: Sorry, I know I shouldn't say the above but I don't want to page through 10 pages of the same conversation we've had 100 times on here while trying to figure out what the latest news is.
edit on 12/14/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This was just reported via facebook friend:

School shooting in Newtown - crisis at Sandy Hook Elementary School appears to be over... shooter is reported killed. Reports of at least one child shot

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is a terrible story, without a doubt. Tragic and horrible to contemplate.

edit on 14-12-2012 by GeorgiaGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Can we take the gun-control conversation to another thread and say it is off topic? This is about an actual breaking event. If you want to theorize about whether the Soviet Union and China have been historically safer than the United States do it elsewhere.

Fair enough, my apologies. Looks like the shooter has died according to ABC.
edit on 14-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Just adding things as they come in.

Breaking News Update: School shooting in Newton, Connecticut at the Sandy Hook Elementary School. Reports of multiple injuries and at least one gunman is now dead. Police and swat teams from all over the state are now on scene. Parents are asked to stay home and by your phone. Please do not call the school. Situation remains fluid. Live Feed: www.wfsb.com... Image credit: Shannon Hicks/The Newton Bee

link   

Originally posted by summer5
This was just reported via facebook friend:

School shooting in Newtown - crisis at Sandy Hook Elementary School appears to be over... shooter is reported killed. Reports of at least one child shot

I came here after I saw a link (lost it) from a news source saying there were 2 shooters and 1 was dead and one was still being searched for. I saw that and my ATS radar went off. TWO people shooting at young children? TWO shooters in Colorado then one shooter, and this thing in Oregon where you where a mask to not be seen and then run and end up shooting yourself in the chest?

Its all too fishy...

link   
A witness told News 8 she saw two children, one had a bloody face, the other with a hand injury.

link   
I am completely furious right now

I try my best to control my emotions, but this happening on the heels of the incident in Portland is too much for me at the moment. Nothing gets under my skin more than when people hurt kids.

I need to take a minute, step back and go pray, I'll be back to check in and thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

A shooting at a Connecticut elementary school this morning prompted the town of Newtown to lock down all of its schools and drew SWAT teams to the school, authorities said today. A gunman has been killed and at least one other person has been shot, authorities told ABC News. The shooting occurred at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, about 12 miles east of Danbury. State Police received the first 911 call at 9:41a.m. and immediately began sending emergency units from the western part of the state. A photo from the scene shows a line of distressed children being led out of the school. Newton Public School District secretary of superintendent Kathy June said in a statement that the district's school were locked down because of the report of a shooting. "The district is taking preventive measures by putting all schools in lockdown until we ensure the safety of all students and staff."

link   

NEWTOWN—
State police are responding to a report of a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dickinson Drive, school officials said.

Police are reporting multiple shooting victims.

State police sources said one shooter is dead. Earlier reports of a second shooter are unconfirmed.

It was DrudgeReport that mentioned two shooters and www.courant.com... -police-responding-to-incident-in-newtown-20121214,0,3969911.story is the quote above.

Saving here because soon the two shooters will be back to one.
edit on 12/14/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

link   
MSNBC just broadcast a live interview with a parent who was reunited with her child. She stated that she was told the principal of the school was shot and killed.

I'm angry. What the heck is wrong with people. You don't solve anything with violence....
edit on 12/14/2012 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join