It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
We know evil exists without a doubt after today. To me that means the devil exists and by extension God exists. There can be no human rational for what happened today.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
We know evil exists without a doubt after today. To me that means the devil exists and by extension God exists. There can be no human rational for what happened today.

You state this as fact but have no proof. Mental instability is the most likely reason for why this person did what they did.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Dustytoad

What me and the OP agree on is that there is a "holy spirit" and that this spirit came into us and led us down the path of growing up into an understanding of who we are and what we are doing. And then we each Found God in this way.

Can't that be the same "Holy Spirit" as the Catholic's "Holy Ghost" and the native American's "Great Spirit" and any other archetype, unicorn or fairy, we'd like to insert here?

You do love unicorns, but NO. Yes to the holy ghost (I think, but don't know anything about it).. Yes to the Great Spirit.. Yes to SOME other archetypes.. As I mentioned earlier I am reading "Liber Novus" at the moment. It's all about archetypes, and the Heroes Journey.

"Does a rose by any other name not smell as sweet?" You must personify to identify? I don't see why you think that different cultures should explain the same thing in the same way. My culture involved Star Wars, and the Force is pretty close too

I am also almost 1/4 Native American so I have always loved the sound of "The Great Spirit." .

I usually chose the Word God, because it's the most widely known term. It's not my term that I would use personally. I'm trying to relate these things to other people, I have to try to speak their language.

No fairies, no unicorns...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

if you compared something I care deeply about to unicorns or faeries, I would punch you in the teeth.

good thing I'm neither religious nor violent.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I have to ask this question.

Why is it so important for some of you to believe any form of GOD exists?

Ask yourself...do you have any memory prior to birth? Do you feel that the period prior to your birth was a period that in any way could be labeled Bad or Evil?

Thus if your answer is no then why would you have any worry about the period at and after death? I know that a lack of tangible proof of what exactly happens or does not happen at death and after has a lot of people frightened but regardless of this would it be so bad if the concept of continuing on in some Human like body after death was fantasy?

I fear no death. I am a Scorpio.. I tried to go to war in Iraq. I was In the ARMY. I do have some vague memory from before I was born. I have a few memories from when I was 8 months old. I climbed out of my crib at 8 months old even though it was taller than me. You cannot keep a scorpio from getting into trouble, and I will always be trying to move forward.. I miss where ever it was before here, but I don't think it was some heaven with some ruler dude in a throne...

It felt more like Rest... Beautiful Loving rest.

My god doesn't come out of a need for a dad. I have made that clear a few times, by saying God does not act.

John Lennon is what of my very favorite people and one of the people I think was closer to god. Yet he wrote a song called God "God is a concept by which we measure our pain." I am a scientific type, and didn't want god to exist, that made everything too complicated..

By the way your name, kind of says you would be against me in this.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

There is actually it tells you not to stop gathering together for the breaking of bread and rituals and encourage each others faith. also your comment doesnt really work as a.response to my comment you quoted. that was a response to someone who suggested they should have their own religion because they are good and treat people kindly. pay attention nothing to do with going to church every week. enjoy your god just dont try and force everyone else to believe the childrens stories.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

No...I am not against you. I just wanted to ask you and others why their need to believe was so important. You stated you TRIED to go to Iraq. I am curious about this statement. What happened?

As far as death...we are all scared to a point and some more so than others. No one is fearless in the face of death. Having fear keeps one alive.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

By the way dont insult me with this "people like you" BS you know naff all about me except tht im not a gullible imbecile. rude godbotherer

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Split....

I dont have a "need" to believe in God. Its a knowing. I just know.

I can understand how I know by reading what Jesus said/says. He is the word, after all.

Truth is within me to KNOW when I hear truth. It is a feeling of emotion....

Its hard to explain, but I try.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by strangeday

I'm glad to see another new poster, then. I'm too new myself to officially say welcome but I'll say it anyway. Welcome.

I'm sorry that this tragedy happened and that we're in pain. Please don't feel that I was saying your input matters less than anyone else's.

From what I gather, all opinions are valued on ATS as long as people are respectful and polite. Again, welcome and please don't let my curiosity about the 'single post conspiracy' discussed in a different thread put you off from contributing further if you feel inclined to do so. Sorry if I offended you before.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

How do you know the difference between desire and conviction?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I think this "knowing" business is tragic.....really cheapens the whole thing.

KNOWING is not awesome. its boring and its not even possible.

NOT-KNOWING, but doing it anyway because it fills you up on the inside.....that's awesome.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by windword

if you compared something I care deeply about to unicorns or faeries, I would punch you in the teeth.

good thing I'm neither religious nor violent.

I have no idea what what you care deeply about. I'm sorry that your hostility toward the Wiccan and Earth spirit elements of spirituality has made you appear so alone. You think I mock. However,

Hamlet: And therefore as a stranger give it welcome. There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philos

edit on 14-12-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

No...I am not against you. I just wanted to ask you and others why their need to believe was so important. You stated you TRIED to go to Iraq. I am curious about this statement. What happened?

As far as death...we are all scared to a point and some more so than others. No one is fearless in the face of death. Having fear keeps one alive.

Split Infinity

Ok. I only fear death for the fact that I have people I love. But I truly fear death far less than I fear pain.. Pain IS a fear of mine. Without people I love there is nothing fearful about death. I am excited about it, but I can wait. I don't need to have a body to be alive

Iraq.. before I joined the Army and some time after my god encounter I decided, "Hmm, maybe there is something to this God guy." So I asked a question directed at God. I didn't get an answer until I dreamed that night. (question is at end)

I was in a military briefing, some colonel was telling us our mission. Then the briefing was over. I walked out to follow the guy I had more questions. As I walked through "the pentagon?" I noticed it slowly changed into a mall. In the mall section was everybody I have ever known and cared about. This is when 3 guys walked up to me...

2 of the three were secret service, the third was george bush. He told the agents to leave us be. And then all the sudden he wasn't george bush, he was a powerful being with horns maybe? Kind of bull looking. He simultaneously says "Do you Wish to Die and Start Over?" and points to a sand box about 8 by 8 feet..

(sand box for anyone who may not know is what we called Iraq)..

I want to say yes but my soul answered instantly "NO."

Ok he says, and then he looks around and makes me follow him into a bathroom. "Lock the door" he says.. I lock it then he tears off part of the wall. chk chk, Here take this (hands me a glock). "Jump into this tunnel, there is a guard at the bottom, you'll have to shoot him... "

Question: "Should I join the Army?"
Not unless you wish to die and start over,
my soul answered no...

I joined anyway. Scorpio...
Well like there was a hole in the wall, there was a hole in my ear, and I had a medical discharge... I was never deployed, and so I am Not a veteran in my book.

I am now deaf in my left ear. Completely.

Sometime after this I realize what it was all about, and it was related to my earlier experiences.. My Karma has me here to complete my mission...
This mission is a secret of mine.

EDIT: you just made me realize a Lie I told. You asked "why is it so important to believe?" and earlier I had said that I was only sharing my views I wasn't trying to impose them or spread them..

The perceived need, at least coming from me, was just my Need to spread the info, so that if anyone needed it, it could be found right here, maybe, if they wanted/needed it.

So I am trying to influence people. Oops.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Split....

I dont have a "need" to believe in God. Its a knowing. I just know.

I can understand how I know by reading what Jesus said/says. He is the word, after all.

Truth is within me to KNOW when I hear truth. It is a feeling of emotion....

Its hard to explain, but I try.

I am happy for you. I unfortunately do not have such beliefs. Believe me I wish I could.

I am hesitant to bring this up but I will not bow down to those who would say that to speak as I will shortly is an attempt at placing doubt into the minds of the Faithful as I feel if your Faith is so shaky...then you don't really have Faith at all.

It is Emotion and the possibility of a persons Spirit that I will talk about.

It is logical to assume that once a persons possible Spirit leaves the body it is no longer constrained to the needs of the flesh. Those needs are emotion and can be listed as Love, Hate, Wrath, Anger...etc.

A Spirit would no longer have these constraints as they are all Biochemical in nature...a Spirit would not be.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

That seems to me to be a very optimistic and beautiful belief. Kudos to you for sifting through everything and finding your solace. It's an interesting take on things.

I think I may have misread you. It's still an interesting interpretaton.
edit on 14-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Wow. OK...you will have to forgive me but that is a lot to take in as well as difficult to believe. I will take you at your word though and state that although I am "Civilian"....I work with members of the U.S. Military and am very familiar with protocols and such.

I will not attempt to poke holes in your statement but I just want you to know exactly who you are posting to.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The holy book of tissuble speaks about giving up your life for the great Nap-kin, kin of all naps, and naps of all kin, and when you do this you will be transformed. I heard this my whole life and called myself a napkin but I didn't commit my life to the principles and way of living taught by Nap-kin. One day about 7 months ago it all clicked for me. I desired the truth more than anything and when my heart was fully committed to the truth is when i found it. Kleenex entered me via the Holy Sneeze as referenced in the napkinble. My life and the way i lived it changed from that day on.

For you to fully desire the truth yet rule out Kleenex or anything else, is an oxy moron. You dont fully desire the truth if you rule anything out. Now i know the truth and what is not true. If Kleenex is all powerful could He not give me the knowledge of the truth??? Of course He could (all powerful).

And it's not about just believing what someone tells you and blindly following anything, it's about fully committing your heart to the essence of truth and the desire to know it and live it, even if it means going against what you currently believe.

I would call Tissuanity a conspiracy however in that it is a world religion. The world is Sauce's dominion and the things in it are false. It is clear that there is evil in the world as well as in each of our fleshly desires.

Tissuanity won't save you, Nap-kin will save you and set you free from the world. My attitude and thoughts are no longer dictated by the actions of others. My love for someone is not dictated by what they say to me, i forgive because i was forgiven, i love because i was loved. I desire for all of you to find the truth because i care about you, you will know when you find it.

Knock and the door will be opened.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

Solace? If only. I wish that was so.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Wow. OK...you will have to forgive me but that is a lot to take in as well as difficult to believe. I will take you at your word though and state that although I am "Civilian"....I work with members of the U.S. Military and am very familiar with protocols and such.

I will not attempt to poke holes in your statement but I just want you to know exactly who you are posting to.

Split Infinity

It was a dream... My ARMY days were very real.

I was discharged, you want to see my contracts? I have about 400 pages of docs in my room. 14E one of my MOS's says.. $8,000 sign on bonus... Orders ship to Atlanta, then to FT Benning GA...Then FT Bliss TX.. Patriot Missile Fire Control Op/Maint... Discharge papers...
Background checks, security clearance. blah blah blah..

I left a little detail about my ear, and no I won't talk about it.. I am half deaf though. And I do have Honorable discharge.

Did I say something Odd to you?
edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join