It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I know God exists.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

Originally posted by Pardon?
In the thread title you said "how you know".
But you didn't explain what you knew, only what you believed.

I've got no problem with people's beliefs (with a couple of caveats anyway) but don't pretend it's knowledge as it isn't.

The 'knowing' begins with 'believing'...

When you believe the Gospel you then receive the Spirit Who teaches you all things...
...but you can't 'know' until you first 'believe'.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Respectfully, I think we will have to agree to disagree.
The thread you referenced is entirely based upon belief not knowledge with a bit of flim-flam thrown in for good measure.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I've got no problem with people's beliefs (with a couple of caveats anyway) but don't pretend it's knowledge as it isn't.

When you believe the Gospel you then receive the Spirit Who teaches you all things...

The thread you referenced is entirely based upon belief not knowledge with a bit of flim-flam thrown in for good measure.

I admit it is a bit of theatre but it illustrates the heart of why some are Christians and some are not.

You can not know until you first believe that Jesus died and rose from the dead...
...and understand that this historical event is the defining moment in human history...
...until you 'see' this God will remain no more than someone elses idea to you.

I have shown you the door and now it is up to you if you go through it or not ... with respect

edit on 15/12/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I admit it is a bit of theatre but it illustrates the heart of why some are Christians and some are not.

You can not know until you first believe that Jesus died and rose from the dead...
...and understand that this historical event is the defining moment in human history...
...until you 'see' this God will remain no more than someone elses idea to you.

I have shown you the door and now it is up to you if you go through it or not ... with respect

edit on 15/12/12 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

I'n convinced that there certainly was a Jesus.
I'm convinced that this Jesus was persecuted for what he believed and taught.

I'm a long way from being convinced that he died and was resurrected though. Too much coincidence with earlier beliefs about the springtime rebirth beliefs for it to be fact in my eyes.
Although I know that the belief in this changed human history.

Again though it's all down to belief and this doesn't do it for me. It never has and probably never will.
As soon as there's undeniable proof then I'll be with you. Until then I will always question it.

But I'll always respect your right to believe it as long as you respect my right not to.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

For future reference.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by glassspider

I think you are commenting on a man made religion, you know nothing of God, to claim these things of a man made religion as the work of God is as absurd as you think Christians or other religions for believing in the constructs of man made religions.

To be able to have a realisation of God, humanity must realise that God is in essence, the truth, that which is absolute, an absolute truth, like an all powerful, encompassing force, like a physics law yet undiscovered that explains everything, for example, and to which all forces comply.

Releasing false idols and seeking the absolute truth is essential if this all encompassing force is to be realised. Humanity is wakening up to the falsehoods of man made religions and realising that whilst their may be truth in bibles and religious teachings, these could even offer vast hints at the true nature of the universe, from truths once known more than today, that humanity in it's selfish self worshiping nature has misguided through millenia. These bibles are however still the constructs of man and if there is such a thing as God, it would be so much more immense that that which could be written by the human hand.

Please realise that if there is such a thing as God, be it an individual, entity, energy, force etc etc, then it is an all powerful force and above all others, encompassing all and to which all belong and are subject to. Religions have created their interpretation of this and humanity over the years has allowed individuals to shape the rules of religions to suit themselves, via the process of false worship. These rules are generally made for the control of humanity, they are selfish constructs of man and as such should be questioned.

God is not a man and should not be referred to as such.

Additionally, it is far more likely that HUMANITY in all it's misguided worshiping of false idols and going against the natural all encompassing laws of God (the all powerful force) and taking orders from those that aren't holy (for this sake, holiness, being the realisation of the true essence of God as an absolute truth and all powerful force to which all nature and universal laws apply). Basically man playing at God has caused a lot of trouble for humanity, it has caused forces that ore out of sync with natural laws. It has caused hatred in humanity, wars, famines, poverty, humanity is on a course of self destruction unless it realises the truth and gets back on the correct path.

edit on 15-12-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I know the difference. If you could feel what I feel, desire can then be described as an after thought.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Remember, the most difficult weakness to guard against is the one you ignore.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by MamaJ

I think this "knowing" business is tragic.....really cheapens the whole thing.

KNOWING is not awesome. its boring and its not even possible.

NOT-KNOWING, but doing it anyway because it fills you up on the inside.....that's awesome.

We all speak for our self.....

I am speaking for myself...

When you believe "Its Finished" then you know its already done. The chapter is complete. Its a knowing that no matter what, Thy Will Be Done. Trust is either had or not.

I do not trust man and his word, but I do trust Jesus as he is not of this world, speaks with authority by not just his words, but his works as well.

For me, the church confused me and the feeling was a distrust. Only until I studied and researched myself did I understand and obtain a feeling of ahhhhh.... ok..... I get it now. Man has complicated the truth and turned it into a money making agenda that makes no sense whatsoever to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I am happy for you. I unfortunately do not have such beliefs. Believe me I wish I could. I am hesitant to bring this up but I will not bow down to those who would say that to speak as I will shortly is an attempt at placing doubt into the minds of the Faithful as I feel if your Faith is so shaky...then you don't really have Faith at all. It is Emotion and the possibility of a persons Spirit that I will talk about. It is logical to assume that once a persons possible Spirit leaves the body it is no longer constrained to the needs of the flesh. Those needs are emotion and can be listed as Love, Hate, Wrath, Anger...etc. A Spirit would no longer have these constraints as they are all Biochemical in nature...a Spirit would not be. Split Infinity
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I have always enjoyed your thoughts.....

I do want to continue with this conversation by adding....

We cannot assume a "spirit" does not have emotions, as I tend to think they do. We may have to agree to disagree and thats ok by me.

The stars sang in Genesis and the angels are said to cry. They FEEL deeply as the feeling is not of their own, it is a combination of the all into one.

In todays modern society feelings are pushed to the side. Seeing is believing. People want to SEE God, however when they experience God through other people they still do not see how the spirit works. People do not understand their spirit and until they do they cannot understand another's, much less the Source of all/one.

When we go through trials and tribulations our spirit breaks down. This is the reason we have guides to help and protect us because this world was once only darkness and the beings thrived and enjoyed the darkness. When there was light, it shined down on Earth and the sight was unbearable for some, if not many. We saw what we were doing in an instant and the shame came from an emotion deeply embedded in the spirit from whence we came.

We are spirits in a body who learn how to live in the light of matter. The Earth School is hard but the spirit from within is of one. We all have it..... we just have to feel, experience, and learn from it. The spirit we have comes from God. He is within us all. How we show others God is up to us in the material world. Can he manifest in other ways? Of course he can!

When we feel angered, we get a sense that it is not "good", especially when the anger subsides. We feel less than. The conviction of such an intense emotion can be learned that anger itself is not bad, its how it used. The way we react to situations shows our being/spirit in a light of matter that can have a huge effect on our self and others.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

Remember, the most difficult weakness to guard against is the one you ignore.

What are you talking about? I don't ignore any emotion... if that is what you are meaning.

I meet and greet and ask questions.... thats my spirit.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Double post....

edit on 15-12-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

If I could star your posts as many times as I liked.... you would have so many we couldn't count them.

Right on!!!!

I am in hopes humanity will one day be on board with this knowing and become a better world to live in.

We have been in bondage for way too long!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Our tendency to believe what we want to believe because it makes it easier for us to live.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Maybe its not so complicated, have you ever thought maybe its not a need or want .... it just IS.

As a little girl.... I knew, however as I got older the delivery of such was not the same as my knowing. It was so far fetched. I could find many holes in it and had teachers who hated me. I got kicked out of private school after only two years. I was a rebel with a cause!

Self teaching myself calculus because I want to learn and see if I can use it.... is not the same thing as needing calculus. Its a want.... to learn.... not a need. There is a difference.

When you read a book, you either understand it or not. If you do not understand it chances are you will either read it again, or never read it again.

If our history can be explained via science or spirit.... I WANT to learn all aspects just to see IF it makes sense to me and my KNOWING. Its simple...

For some.... they do not care for their desire and shun it to the side, all the while ignoring it.... as you said.

Its a desire to KNOW TRUTH (jesus) and the conviction comes in when your spirit says... ah ha! Gotcha!

To See God is to experience/feel God.
edit on 15-12-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You know how I know Santa exists? Because I was told that he did...

C'mon ATS what have you become...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theoretician

Seriously? Why did you ever believe such a fat man could come down your chimney and go around the world delivering presents in one night.

Im sure .... I was not the only kid who didn't by such bs.

Talk about yourself... not ATS as a whole. lol

Come on now.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I was hoping someone would answer that post seriously. I was disappointed.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Hi everyone, I would like to give you hope and tell you what I have been revealed by our creator. 1st let me start by saying that we are our creator most treasured and beloved creation. We are all extremelly valuable and we all hold the knowledge of creation inside each and everyone of us. God is inside everyone of us. We are all eternal beings, this means we have always been and will always be. When in doubt look inside of you and you will find the truth it is there and always has been. Our true self exist beyond this plane. If you truly want to know god all you have to do is remember and let the truth come out and embrace your true self for we already know god and have always known him. Don't get caught on the lies of this materialistic world.

We are alredy closer to our creator than anything else in existense but we must learn to look inside for he exist within you.

Pease and love be with you my eternal brothers. I truly love you all.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by Theoretician

Seriously? Why did you ever believe such a fat man could come down your chimney and go around the world delivering presents in one night.

Im sure .... I was not the only kid who didn't by such bs.

Talk about yourself... not ATS as a whole. lol

Come on now.

Huffffff.

Well, when I was a little kid, we didn't have a chimney. We knew that Santa would get those presents to us anyway. Because Santa has magic!

The same magic that Jesus used when he babysat us, me and my sister, when my mom and dad went out for dinner and a movie. I'm not kidding. Jesus was watching us, and knew if we were good or bad.

We were scared of Jesus, but not of Santa. Because Santa always brought us real presents!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

What's with the whole "be afraid of God" thing anyway? You should never be afraid of a parent who loves you. Never.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join