It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy was Enoch Ever Right! The Meaning of the Mayan Calendar Solved on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I dont know much about the book of enoch but if it was such a great book why wasnt it put in the bible. How was this book preserve through all the years for you to read it. Was it translated right.Where was it found and are you sure it wasnt written recently.If enoch was given this information who gave it to him(satan maybe?) Supposedly demons ran amuck back then. Isnt satan the god of this world. You have no idea if it was satan or the other god that kills that helped men write these books. It sounds like the book of revelation that was written by a man who may or may not have been crazy. You are putting too much stock in the mayan calendar it will go over like Y2K. It like putting numbers in a calculator and then turn it upside down "Hey look it spells BOOBLESS"

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Great, except for two things. The Mayans didn't believe your fairy tails, and your characters never existed.

When I see that people actually believe this stuff, I lose a little more faith in humanity...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Trying to think this out... and Enoch was Apocryphal, hence Old Testament, yet in New Testament we have the scripture "No man knows the day or the hour, only the Father" (loosely translated from memory) therefore leading me to believe that New Testament would supersede the Old Testament scriptures. Then too, Apocryphal scripture, while actually authored, was not included as OT Scripture. A mistake in my view, as I have read 'most' all of the Apocrypha in its entirety in what I did read, and found it an enhancement to existing scripture. Rather it added a bunch more information that seemed to brief in OT scripture, kind of (The rest of the story) as Paul Harvey used to say.

So logically My thoughts go with the inclusion of Apocryphal accounts as well. But interpreting it as a prophecy pertaining to 2012 Mayan stuff. I won't think it will pan out.
Then again, I don't believe anything will happen on the 21st of December 2012.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I found the book of Enoch to be very interesting,it was a very popular book before the king james version.It goes way back in history and writes down about the workings of the stars and planets when people thought the sun revolved around the earth still.For anyone that would care to look further into it,you can still find it in the 'Lost books of the Bible and the forgotten books of Eden'.It's still a very interesting read.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Reading through this thread, I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Do you ACTUALLY believe the 7 days thing? I didn't think people that believe this are still around.

Side point:

How long exactly is 7 days? Days are relative to the planet you are on. Earth days? How was that measured if earth was being created. Also you can't create darkness, darkness isn't a thing, it's the absence of something. How was light created in day 1 but light sources weren't created until day four? Why was vegetation that feeds via photosynthesis created a day before the sun? What the hell was Earth doing before the sun was there to orbit?

The human brain is a powerful thing, yet wasted on some people.
edit on 14-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

From my limited understanding, the book of Enoch was not put in the Bible because it raises too many questions. You will see various verses reference Enoch but it's all very vague. I believe it was omitted for a reason.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by celticdog

From my limited understanding, the book of Enoch was not put in the Bible because it raises too many questions. You will see various verses reference Enoch but it's all very vague. I believe it was omitted for a reason.

Yeah, you wouldn't want any questionable material in the bible, that could damage its credibility.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well mostly, we just indulge your rant. You add nothing to the thread beyond 'your' negative beliefs. You are entitled to that, by all means, and were entitled to just ignore you or not address your comments.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plotus
Well mostly, we just indulge your rant. You add nothing to the thread beyond 'your' negative beliefs. You are entitled to that, by all means, and were entitled to just ignore you or not address your comments.

I assume you're talking to me.

I don't know why you've placed "your" in quotation marks. If it's meant to add emphasis, you need to realise that people that believe this are an extreme minority, and there's a very good reason for that.

You won't address my comments because you don't have a logical answer, how can you when we're talking about this subject?

I didn't know there's people with access to the internet that are still hundreds of years behind in their beliefs, with no reason to still believe them other than complete ignorance of modern human knowledge. It's sad really...

You use "negative" as a substitute for "reality".

You read my comment, that's all that matters to me.
I'm not after replies, there's nothing of value that you could possibly say regarding this.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Every time I see a troll make a post on ATS a little part of me dies.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

You added nothing to the conversation and simply attacked the thread. I get really interested in a topic then some members (you) make off topic negative posts and throw off the WHOLE topic. just go away/add something relevant or make a thread where you can spew your rhetoric back and forth with other members that think like you.

edit on 14-12-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Yeah, you wouldn't want any questionable material in the bible, that could damage its credibility.

I'm not a Christian so I'm indifferent about the authenticity of Biblical stories. What I was alluding to is the fact that the Book of Enoch goes into great detail about the Nephilim, Giants and potentially ancient space travel...

Do you see what questions could be raised from these little tidbits?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Amazing research. This is something that I'd never contemplated before, thank you for your great OP. This is worth studying further.

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by Plotus

I'm not after replies, there's nothing of value that you could possibly say regarding this.

Are sure you're not after replies? You should have just added your initial, unwanted, completely useless two-liner and moved along, But no, you HAVE so much more to say. I often wonder why people crave so much attention.

AND HERE IS THE ANSWER TO THAT

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Anyone could have written this. You saw a few keywords and said, "Bingo! This must be trustworthy!"

I, as a rational man, do not agree. Mildly interesting perspective, but ungrounded. Thanks anyway. On a side note, some people are unbelievably gullible...throw a few catch phrases and some random names into a poem and you have a bona fide prophecy that absolutely has to come true because it sounds so much like the real thing and no one ever cares about the research.

But again, thanks anyway.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Why do you disparage what you either don't know, or just don't believe?

The Bible is a reference and a time frame built on Gods dealing with man. the earth well could be billions of years old. What previously existed on earth has no real reference in the Bible. Just the time frame God wanted man to be aware of, which apparently is some 6,000 years or so. How many times was earth cleansed or reshaped...no one knows.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Great, except for two things. The Mayans didn't believe your fairy tails, and your characters never existed.

When I see that people actually believe this stuff, I lose a little more faith in humanity...

Well, if you dig deeper into the Aztecs, Mayans and other South American tribes, I think you will find they did. They tell a very similar fairytale.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

At least when you see these posts, you know who you can discredit for future topics. I do think this mentality is spreading rapidly through not only ATS, but the world in general. The whole 'if your opinion isn't mine, your stupid' mentality. It really is a shame to see, as it also indicates the decline in intelligence. That's why I actually applaud the rare few who disagree with me, but do so by, you know, the old art of backing up your statements with facts.

Anyway, to the OP, great thread. Enoch is a great book that pretty much explains the history of the world if you know how to look at it correctly. I think it's exclusion in the canon was one of the greatest mistakes in the history of man. It's a blessing how it made it through the years to us today.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Well, if you dig deeper into the Aztecs, Mayans and other South American tribes, I think you will find they did. They tell a very similar fairytale.

Which implies that Christianity isn't purely Christianity, and hasn't been for a long time now...considering South American tribes and Aztecs weren't Judaic.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by DarknStormy

Which implies that Christianity isn't purely Christianity, and hasn't been for a long time now...considering South American tribes and Aztecs weren't Judaic.

Your right.. What if all religion or tribes are actually talking about the same thing and every culture had to go through the same events? Is it wrong for different cultures to have a different account though? I think its great that we can learn from others and then make correlations between the different books. Where we may not get answers from say the bible, we can find them through others. I'm not just talking about the Bible and the Mayans either..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Wouldn't that hold to the idea that "all paths lead to God". That's agnostic approach though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join