It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cultural Suicide.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I uphold my right to freedom of speech and my own political ideology expressed in this thread, you do not have to agree and I would be very surprised if you all did, but as I would with your own political ideas and thoughts, please respect mine - this is not a thread to start any kind of animosity nor insult any religion, ethnic origin or other - it is my political belief which I am entitled to.

This thread is mostly aimed towards British people as I am sure those that are on the right (politcally) as I am will be able to identify with me on this from a British perspective.

Our Great Country is ruined, politically, economically and culturally. We are the the remnants of a once Great Empire that colonized much of the globe - at its high we were the largest Empire to have ever existed and according to history books, almost a quarter of the Earths land was part of the our Empire.

Now look at us? What happened?

Partly down to the Great War and economic change globally that set in motion the decline of our empire.

In modern times our Empiric history is over looked or rather erased from the history books as if we are to be ashamed of our past. So much so that you can go to any school in Britain and I bet my life that at no point during history lessons is the British Empire touched upon.

Our Country has been ruined...destroyed by ignorant left wing and liberal people almost hell bent on destroying a once Great Country.

Our borders have been completely open for years and what is the result....white British people are now a minority in our capital City that is London - 1/6 people are native British and this is only expected to worsen. Diversity, something Labor emphatically wanted in their reign of cultural undoing has weakened our Country. Once a democratic Country where you could say what you wanted without fear of reprisals, now you cannot say or do anything for fear of being locked up for insulting a religion, cause or race.

It is cultural suicide and I fear we have take too many pills this time!

Now I have to be careful what I say, (oh the irony). The main cause of the cultural problems are the Muslims - they come over to our Country to seek a better standard of living, yet they do not want to integrate in our society but complain they are not being accepted. They build mosques that are becoming a more and more prevalent in major Cities, thankfully a plan to build the largest super mosque in Europe, in London, was recently rejected. They publicly burnt poppies during remembrance Sunday and, if I remember correctly the maximum penalty received....£50 - stark contrast to the uproar in the recent Muslim film created and the Burn a Quran day.

A religion/culture that still uses stoning as a form of punishment for crimes so petulant at times does not belong in a Western, modern and civilized Country (I use this word lightly) anywhere in the World. It is barbaric at best.

The worst part of our dilema culturally is when anybody, such as myself, try to point out the issues - you are immediately labelled a racist and your politically argument is no longer valid or accepted for this reason.

Here is one example of the complete madness of our situation - a fostering couple were recently fostering to children who were "ethnic" - the Council found out they were members of UKIP (United Kingdom Independence Party) - a completely legitimate political party and promptly removed the two children from their care ... their reason behind this? - "The childrens ethnic needs were not being met".....are you serious?! The negative publicity this has created for UKIP was un-true - this party is now being labelled a racist political party and this has made them almost unvotable (better word for this?).

Whilst I know the vast majority of British nationals will agree that we are losing our cultural identity, I also know that 99% of them are too afraid to speak out about it.

A real divide is being caused and I feel that if the current system/government does not act upon it now there will be a person, with extremely strong British Nationalistic ideology, with the right amount of resources and ability to get people behind him and it will be this person that will start a revolution that we are in dire need of.

This rant only scratches the surface of all our problems.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It was all laid out over a century ago in Gramsci’s “long march through the institutions”. While the US isn’t as bad off in this respect as the UK, we aint far behind. Wish I knew what to do about it, but I don’t. I guess I will just ride this bus to its destination and fight like heck when I get there. After all, anything that’s unsustainable (which the course of Western Civilization clearly isn’t) wont be sustained forever.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The problem you brought up is also the same in the US and from what I have heard in Australia as well. It was something that was not well thought out with open borders and diversity. Allowing small amounts of people from other cultures is not a problem, in fact it is probably a good thing. However when the numbers from other cultures are such that they overwhelm the host country's culture then you lose your own culture. The problem is caused when those from other cultures actually develop enclaves of their own culture and have to be listened to by the politicians. When that happens they do not join the melting pot, they split the pot into different groups. They are no longer joining the host country or its culture they end up trying to take over the country and impose their own culture on the host country. Not a PC statement but a reality. Some may say that is a good thing. My question is if it is such a good thing for their culture to take over those of the host country why did they not stay in their the country they came from and enjoy their culture there? Why come to someplace with a different culture to impose their own on it?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
It was all laid out over a century ago in Gramsci’s “long march through the institutions”. While the US isn’t as bad off in this respect as the UK, we aint far behind. Wish I knew what to do about it, but I don’t. I guess I will just ride this bus to its destination and fight like heck when I get there. After all, anything that’s unsustainable (which the course of Western Civilization clearly isn’t) wont be sustained forever.

Excellent post SirMike...History doesn't repeat iself, but it rhymes - this is what I am hoping...I trust you know what I mean...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Pat Condell describe well your problem

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot
The problem you brought up is also the same in the US and from what I have heard in Australia as well. It was something that was not well thought out with open borders and diversity. Allowing small amounts of people from other cultures is not a problem, in fact it is probably a good thing. However when the numbers from other cultures are such that they overwhelm the host country's culture then you lose your own culture. The problem is caused when those from other cultures actually develop enclaves of their own culture and have to be listened to by the politicians. When that happens they do not join the melting pot, they split the pot into different groups. They are no longer joining the host country or its culture they end up trying to take over the country and impose their own culture on the host country. Not a PC statement but a reality. Some may say that is a good thing. My question is if it is such a good thing for their culture to take over those of the host country why did they not stay in their the country they came from and enjoy their culture there? Why come to someplace with a different culture to impose their own on it?

Completely true and I completely agree with you - your last rhetoric questions...at least for Islam - one of their goals as a religion is to impose their own culture, ideaology and take over.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by youwillneverknow

They say the pendulum swings both ways, but as physics tells us each action has an equal and opposite reaction, so the further the pendulum swings in one direction the more forceful (blood and strife) the counter motion will be.

There’s a quote from old book 9A Canticle for Liebowitz) that’s among my favorites. The book is in the sci-fi post apocalyptic genre and really strikes at the heart of the matter (IMO):

The closer men came to perfecting for themselves a paradise, the more impatient they became with it, and with themselves as well. They made a garden of pleasure, and became progressively more miserable with it as it grew in richness and power and beauty; for then, perhaps, it was easier to see something was missing in the garden, some tree or shrub that would not grow. When the world was in darkness and wretchedness, it could believe in perfection and yearn for it. But when the world became bright with reason and riches, it began to sense the narrowness of the needle's eye, and that rankled for a world no longer willing to believe or yearn

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot

Well said! My heart breaks for the OP and what he is facing as well as the US and any Country facing the same thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Ok, well I'll be the politically correct Lilly liveried liberal, just to ad a little mix into the equation. The op talks of cultural suicide. Yet 2012, showed Britains culture off like never before. We had the queens jubilee, with all the pomp and ceremony you could shake a stick at. We ha a successful olympics, not only showing off our great cultural heritage, but also our diversity. We held the best and biggest Paralympics in history, showing what a progressive country we have become, when it comes to our attitudes towards the disabled.

I think this summer we showed ourselves off to the rest f the world as a great vibrant relaxed culture. No wonder so many want to come an be part of it.

I understand the concerns over Islam. I think they are legitimate, but not unsumountable.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

You should be ashamed of your Empire.

Empires are ALWAYS a disgrace to humanity.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by youwillneverknow

Originally posted by SirMike

Excellent post SirMike...History doesn't repeat iself, but it rhymes - this is what I am hoping...I trust you know what I mean...

Yes...but the rhythmic scheme DOESN'T necessarily imply that it's going to be the 1800's for Britain and/or the 1900's for the US all over again.

...maybe the "rhyme" in Western Europe will "sound" a little more like the "good ol' days" of Viking and Mongol invasions, the endless petty warfare between rival pissant nobility, the Spanish Inquisition, and the Black Death.

Whenever we yearn for the "good ol' days" it's important that we ALSO remember the "not-so-good ol' days".

Chances are that most of us are looking through a bit of rose-tinted glass.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Ok, well I'll be the politically correct Lilly liveried liberal, just to ad a little mix into the equation. The op talks of cultural suicide. Yet 2012, showed Britains culture off like never before. We had the queens jubilee, with all the pomp and ceremony you could shake a stick at. We ha a successful olympics, not only showing off our great cultural heritage, but also our diversity. We held the best and biggest Paralympics in history, showing what a progressive country we have become, when it comes to our attitudes towards the disabled.

I think this summer we showed ourselves off to the rest f the world as a great vibrant relaxed culture. No wonder so many want to come an be part of it.

I understand the concerns over Islam. I think they are legitimate, but not unsumountable.

Indeed.

...and I love the avatar by the way too. Talk about the perfect compliment to this thread.

Take it from an American...you DON'T want your country to endlessly pine after the proverbial "good ol' days" and never existed in the first place.

We Americans have become MASTERS and supplanting the history of what REALLY happened with the history of what we IMAGINE or WISHED had happened. This self-aggrandizing, self-righteous, perception of how America only wears white cowboy hats is what DRAGGED YOU GUYS...THE BRITISH...into a pair of completely pointless and unwinnable wars in the Middle East under TOTALLY false pretenses.

The "great and mighty" British Empire never existed any more than our "myths of 1950's America". Our right-wingers yearn for '57 chevy's, Elvis Presely, and Leave It to Beaver (American TV show)....but they forget that the "small government" of those SAME 1950's was injecting students at Tuskegee with syphilis and INTENTIONALLY not treating it "just to what would happen", injecting Plutonium-239 into the blood streams of 12 unwitting participants, participating in WIDESPREAD experiments in brain washing and population control with '___', and dumping airborne ASBESTOS particulate into the ventilation systems of elementary to schools to study whether or not it had any negative effects on 8 yr olds.

During the 1950's we supported "traditional family values" so much that nobody really cared much if an alcoholic father beat the piss out of his wife and kids every other day. America was so "great" that we sent generation after generation of our young men into the meat grinder to be used as cannon fodder. We were so supportive of "free markets" that we set the automotive industry back 40 years by running the Tucker car company out of business.

In short...if your nation can only be "great" at the expense of others as was (and is) the case with the British and American Empires...you really AREN'T that "great". You're just a damn bully.

Remember, when the British were suffering horribly from German rocket attacks and air raids during WWII...Hitler was busy building an Empire he called the THIRD REICH.

Please don't fall into the trap of becoming as stupid as we are across the pond from you. We need SOMEBODY around who is capable of talking some sense into us every once in awhile...and Christ knows we only speak English.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
They! are making us week.
so we have so much crazy! that we can not stop Them!
divide and conker.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
1. The empire was oppressive and cruel.... We are quite rightly not proud of it... we enslaved hundreds of thousands of innocnet people all in the name of "Spreading our Culture".... it was disgusting behaviour...

2. The UK does not really have a "culture" any more so to speak.... Our culture is the same as the rest of the "westernised" world.... Consumption and proliferation of materialistic goods.... You cannot compare our "culture" with that of a small tribe in the Amazon who would be irevocably damaged if infiltrated by outsiders. The paralell is simply not applicable...

3. Mutli-culturalism is what makes this country great... do you realise that 40% of the nurses in the UK are foreign... this is not because of immigration.. this is because we have a serious short fall.... The situation is simlilar with Doctors....

4. If you don't like it, LEAVE.... we don't want your kind here.... you belong in Africa somewhere enslaving the Zulu's...

5. It is ironic, and slight ignorant of you to champion our empirical past, (at which point we attempted to forcefully impose not only our culture, but also our religion on to many many people that did not want it), but at the same time moan about Islam building mosques in the UK and trying to impose their values on us..... Slightly hypocritical no?

You sir, are what saddens me about this country... your views and ideas belong in the latter part of the 19th century.... we have moved on my friend, as a country and as a world population... we need to view this planet as one whole community... forget about borders and petty squabling... it does us no good whatsoever...

PA
edit on 12-12-2012 by PerfectAnomoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I agree with many of the things you say, and you are right, you haven't scratched the surface here.

I do not think though that you'd have a happy time in days of empire. Not unless you were born into exceptional circumstances. Truth be told, we'd all be fine if progressivism was halted at 1990 levels. The real damage to society has been done in the last 20 years. I remember when Labour took over and the BBC news titles changed from dramatic and bombastic music with a coat of arms, to the bland politically correct montage accompanied by ambiguous dance music. I guess the original was seen as too proud and nationalist, so everything British was taken out of it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm French.
Therefore, I hate you, because you are Engl...British.
You are mannered, haughty and you definitely don't know how to cook.
We will crush you in the 6th nations, even if you are cheaters.
Besides, really, guys, learn how to cook!

But I also love you, because of your sense of humour and self derision, I love the beauty of your language, I love fish'n chips...I love London's nights!

The English culture is dead? Come on...we, French, love to hate England. What you're talking about, we have the same issues in France. That's a worldwide issue...well, "western" issue at least.
You're right...there are issues. But I don't think a culture like the British culture...or the French culture...can die.
You're a British...look at rugby: I live in France, which is a country (yes, it is!). Nevertheless, there are fights between counties, or even cities which are some miles apart...because they feel different! And that's fine! They have their own culture, their own references...
We are too old, too be big...that will never die. That will evolve...because, well, that's life. But we won't die.

I'm French, and proud of being French. My loved one is Polish. And I've recently work with Muslins. We get along fine.

I agree with one precise thing: when you live in a country, when you mix in a culture...you have to integrate...not try to supplant it. But in my opinion, it will never happen. Not entirely. We will all change. That's part of life. But we won't disappear.

And guess what? British culture has not disappeared for French people : you're still arrogant silly bastards who can't cook properly...you know how to make music...and you hacve some sens of humour but only because you are laughable...and we, may be we, French people, don't have any sense of humor, but that's, of course, only because we are perfect.

Guys, I LOVE British culture...and it's not dying. You won't die. You're eternal.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

You should be ashamed of your Empire.

Empires are ALWAYS a disgrace to humanity.

I will never be ashamed of our past - quite the contrary...I am immensely proud of it. Where do you come from?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectAnomoly
1. The empire was oppressive and cruel.... We are quite rightly not proud of it... we enslaved hundreds of thousands of innocnet people all in the name of "Spreading our Culture".... it was disgusting behaviour...

2. The UK does not really have a "culture" any more so to speak.... Our culture is the same as the rest of the "westernised" world.... Consumption and proliferation of materialistic goods.... You cannot compare our "culture" with that of a small tribe in the Amazon who would be irevocably damaged if infiltrated by outsiders. The paralell is simply not applicable...

3. Mutli-culturalism is what makes this country great... do you realise that 40% of the nurses in the UK are foreign... this is not because of immigration.. this is because we have a serious short fall.... The situation is simlilar with Doctors....

4. If you don't like it, LEAVE.... we don't want your kind here.... you belong in Africa somewhere enslaving the Zulu's...

5. It is ironic, and slight ignorant of you to champion our empirical past, (at which point we attempted to forcefully impose not only our culture, but also our religion on to many many people that did not want it), but at the same time moan about Islam building mosques in the UK and trying to impose their values on us..... Slightly hypocritical no?

You sir, are what saddens me about this country... your views and ideas belong in the latter part of the 19th century.... we have moved on my friend, as a country and as a world population... we need to view this planet as one whole community... forget about borders and petty squabling... it does us no good whatsoever...

PA

It is because of people like you that the UK is ruined - to many do gooders.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
We ramble on about losing our cultures but is this just an excuse to maintain our borders?
I believe we need to unify at every level to rid ourselves of differences! These differences are what gives us the excuse to invade and destroy! The lack of basic understanding about our differences leads many patriots to their deaths? Yet the real reason for war is alot more sinister! You say that "your Great Country is ruined, politically, economically and culturally" yet this is just an illusion promoted by those intent on division! These people are all about profiting, profiting politically, economically and culturally by causing division, indifference and selfishness that keeps us from uniting against them! by falling into the blame game! We blame the foreigners for taking our jobs, for destroying our culture and for taking over our political heirarchy! The truth is this is done on the premise of dividing the masses to keep those that are truely causing these issues in power! Liberals blame conservatives and vice versa but both are playing for the 1%! These groups use wedge issues to divide and to hide the truth!
These wedge issues are used on gay rights, abortion and other issues I cannot recall at this time! I am not saying not to maintain ones heritage but we do that by passing down traditions, information and heirlooms to our children! Until we bring an end to the finger pointing we will never resolve those issues holding back our social evolution and will never take responsability for the dynamic and diverse world we live in! We need to take an honest look at our own personal views to determine where we stand and whos side we are on in the fight for truth, justice and equality.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

WoW .. i think you covered all the bases. I get what you are saying

i also get what the OP is saying. Honestly I do not miss the British Empire. Good riddance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join