It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we live in a computer simulation? researchers say idea can be tested!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I was actually thinking about something along the lines of this the other day.

Imagine a world where we get so advance and virtual that we can create our own universe without physical contact from anyone.

Could we eventually get to a point where we would prefer a virtual environment versus reality? If so, then I could see where our ancestors could be the creators of this civilization. Eventually , some would want to become part of the virtual environment from the time they are born to the time they die.

Perhaps this could explain why some die so young and some last so long, why some have better life than others,etc ? Assuming money is still the motivator they simply didn't insert enough coins to play or upgrade their character in life.

Fun stuff to think about.

edit on 11-12-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Man used to know for a fact that the earth was flat, which is how your post fell.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them.

I'd love to see how they did this experiment...(rolls eyes)
It sounds nice and all, but I doubt they did it. What does it even mean for electrons to "communicate with each other?" and how would you measure it?
It's impossible with our technology. If someone would care to show me the details of the experiment and prove me wrong, go for it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

If you think about it wouldn't this occur under circumstances similar to "The Matrix"? Where the real world is so atrocious that a simulated reality is preferable to the truth?

What we see is only a perception interpreted by our brain via the five senses. In truth, our world may be a horrid place made beautiful by the brain's ability to weave fairy tales.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt

Man used to know for a fact that the earth was flat, which is how your post fell.

That's because man was credulous, which is how your post sounds.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You hold on to your security blanket. The rest of us will challenge reality without you.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thoughts on my related thread here? www.abovetopsecret.com...

It actually makes a big-bang scenario seem possible (for once).

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The top video is just saying that the 3rd dimension may be an illusion, it has nothing to do with reality being a simulation.. but I'm still glad you included that one, that's an idea I can believe.

The idea of us living in a simulated reality though, or as you put.. a computer simulation, I don't buy that one.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Security blanket? You are the one advocating the God theory and intelligent design. This is the biggest security blanket known to humanity. You're not challenging reality, your challenging your own conception of it. Give me a break.

edit on 11-12-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I'd love to see how they did this experiment...(rolls eyes)

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I believe he's referring to quantum entanglement which was 'proven' in experiments testing Bell's Theorem. Considering it to be communication in a literal sense is probably misleading. The idea of non-locality and quantum entanglement is settled science (or at least until someone comes up with something else to un-settle it
). Now what people assume and choose to extrapolate from that, I can't address.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Matriculated

In reading your thread it occurred to me, again, that we may be in a time loop. That we are actually experiencing a finite amount of time over and over again (deja vu and other anomalies) and that this may explain our inability to explain certain aspects of our history such as who built the pyramids and other ancient and inexplicable structures.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'm sorry. I cannot heal the blind. Call it God if you like, but none of this is by chance.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
maybe we do live in a simulation, but its nothing like the Sims, its something for more far advance beyond far far far advance that we can possibly think of because are brains are not capable and dont have the capacity to understand it. We may think of it as a Computer simulation but thats were we are wrong, it is far more intense something beyond computers and microchips something we cannot get our hands on, an unknown form of technology, because if you think about it Computers and light bulbs are just part of are Industrial Age Generation, just like swords and calvary were part of the Bronze, Medieval Age Generations and stones tools were part of the stone age.
So what will we discover next??It could be that in a few 100 years Computers will be ancient history because we invented something WAY far more better which society will find more use of in the future.

Its like if we just threw a high tech computer into an Ant hole and waited until they were capable of reverse engineering that computer. It would probably never happen or if it did we would have to wait billions of years until they grew a brain smart enough to reverse engineer, so if ants dont know how a computer works let alone a simulation
, which most would say its unlikely.
So we may be currently in that same situation except we are the ANTS. We can see and feel the computer in our Ant hole but we have abosolutely no idea what it does and what its capable of doing and the only thing we could think of is "how did it get here?" if that.....
edit on 11-12-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I had to post this on my thread, and it relates to Manifesting Daily Miracles and Law of Affinity.

But I do believe this is paramount to living within, temporally until we get it right, a kind of metaphorical organic, simulated reality computer. Its Electric Universe at that, yet resembles a simulated giant brain cell. Now, our own souls are like the DVD player, that plays this movie, we're in. Though apparently Higher Ups may have the remotes, ie. Missing Time, well pause, fast forward, rewind, insert back to the time you were taken. Well that is very much akin to ET abduction. Craft, 30 feet in diameter, contains whatever portion of infinity they wish to "format" on the infinite potential infinity within their crystalline growing seed craft, and infinity lies without and potentially within, all things as in Horton Hears A Who.

Now, all the potentials, possibilities and information are stored within the waves, or magnetic waves much like hardrive as well. This would be the magnetized Infinity Without all things harddrive.

In this system we ourselves can become charged, positive or negative, our focus and our thoughts. This affects the whole, what we can unlock as potential and what we can Draw In.

if we focus on Love and Goodness, and undo all TPTB coding all media, and all religions and everything in the world to War, Greed, Slavery and Domination, and FEAR, we can overcome and be the true Light in this world. LOVE LIGHT. And unlock the power of Positive Solutions, and Affinity.

Wishes could come true and so we need to make really positive wishes.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

My interpretation, and we can draw something from the bible here much to LesMis' dismay, "God" gave us dominion over the animals so that we would study them and learn from them.

The simulation was deliberately designed that we might improve ourselves to the point where we would learn the truth about ourselves, The Singularity.

I would suggest we look at the etymology of "God" in all languages for a clue as to our origins.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This happened in 1979.

I was 13 and very frustrated with my life and was ready to walk into a lake and drown myself. I sent a mental message to the aether. The message was - if there is anyone listening I need some answers now, otherwise this is it for me.

Shortly thereafter, 'they' showed up. I saw what appeared to be about five spotlights searching the ground and the surrounding trees and landscape, moving in tandem like the legs of a spider. I ran out into my back yard to see from where these lights originated.

Much to my disbelief, there was a large metallic craft hovering over my neighborhood and the lights were attached to the bottom of it. As soon as I saw this, one of the lights swung up and shined directly into my face.

Instantly, I was standing in my driveway shoulder to shoulder beside a tall man who was holding some kind of device in his hand. He was standing to my left. I was instructed in my mind to interact with this gadget. The communication was telepathic. I started punching buttons with my left hand like Data from Star Trek (I'm right handed mind you).

At once I felt much better, as if I had somehow altered my vibration, for lack of a better description. Then, instantly, the tall man disappeared. I felt abandoned and wanted to go with him, and ran back out into the yard to look for the UFO. It was also gone.

After a few minutes of coming to grips with what had just occurred, I went into my house. My mother was furious and wanted to know where I had been, as she had been looking for me for hours. I explained that I had never left the yard, which made her even more angry. About three hours of missing time and an ass whipping was the result.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Thank you, Observer 1, for creating this thread. I'm fascinated with this idea and it answers some very baffling questions I recently had concerning a time line shift I just recently discovered. A computer simlulation "glitch" is the only thing that explains my memories and experiences I discuss in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's really no other explanation for such vivid memories about something I never could've been old enough to experience. Strange things are indeed afoot.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
reply to post by Unity_99

Well then I think I'm the main actor , thats of course from my point of view ..
.....aaaaaaand it's a wrap!

It means we all can experience "time" at different rates, and some could soar ahead, while we might be stuck behind still, and everything around us is a perception, in part, some of the people in our lives. It means while we could be in a huge hotel earth, we still can have private rooms.

It means we should choose to be the hero of this movie, all of us.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Simulations do imply Creators. It implies Host Universe. It implies we're in the dreamscape, and there is a "real word" to wake up to, or plane. However, in infinity, I was given this very uncomfortable vision of levels and grades, so that the "real world" was also a simulated one, and those Higher Ups also working towards growth and also at one point steps out of the screen into a new platform, and this can go on and on and on. Prime Creator(s) is always finding Herself/HimselfThemselves to be a child(ren) of yet another Creation.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What happens if it's tested and they find out that yes, we do live in a computer simulation. I say someone could then go in and do a hack job, fixing the Chicago Cubs, getting Anne Hathaway the Best Actress award she deserves, and making everyone vegan so we can finally save the simulated planet. Viva la simulation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join