It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP! The math isn't adding up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I submitted this thread earlier today: www.abovetopsecret.com...
But, I just did the math and it's not adding up with the year of these crimes and how old I would've been. I'm 34 now, but according to the math, I would've been 13 when this happened? How can this be? Even if I was 16 when this happened and wrong about being 17, that would make me 36 or 37. How is this possible? I was there! In 1991, I wasn't even old enough to work. What is going on here?
I was born in 1978, which would've made me 13 when Novak killed those boys. This isn't possible. I worked at that pet store. I sold him animals. To anyone who's reading this thread, did you live in that area of Virginia Beach and frequent that pet store and remember me? The store was just off General Booth Blvd. in the Food Lion shopping center. The simple fact that I remember driving to work eliminates the fact that I would've been 13 when this happened.

I've been on ATS for a while now, so most of you should know that I'm usually very level headed and not inclined to post about fantastical or strange things like this and I swear I'm not trying to get more attention to the thread I wrote earlier and I didn't want to add this anomaly to the thread either. After watching the video I added to that thread, I noticed that the math regarding the years and the age I am now isn't adding up. My mind is simply reeling right now.

Seriously, to anyone reading this, if you lived in that area during these murders and frequented that pet store, please respond or U2U me. There has to be a reasonable explanation for this. I've never been great in math, but I've never been this bad at it either.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What grade were you in he was a 10th grader at the time......

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Thanks for replying and giving this thread a bump. I feel like I'm losing my mind.
When he'd come in for animals, I remember thinking that he must be about my same age, which according to the articles, he was 16 when he was arrested.

I graduated HS in 1996, so I must've worked at the pet store when I was a sophomore or junior. The pet store was my second job since my first job was down the street at a garden center. I got that job the same week I turned 16 (March), but was laid off in November because of the slow season. I got hired at the pet store a couple of weeks later when Jo (Joanne, the manager and owner's daughter) hired me. I worked at the pet store for about a year and a half. The assistant manager was a Buddhist named Jay and I worked with another woman, Sue, who I became best friends with until she moved back to PA. The back door of the pet store opened up to the woods and I remember the police tape sectioning off the back parking lot from the wooded area.

This is just impossible. I wish I could make some sense of it.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

hhmmm very odd.
sounds a bit like multiple personality
this would be a possible explanation for the inconsistent "timelines" you reference
that is to say, you may have integrated all the memories but they are not lined up properly

would rather not go into even more terrifying possibilities as i need to think this through a bit more
flagged so as to draw attention to the matter

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Thanks for the bump. I know I don't have multiple personality disorder, I don't think. But this would be a strange way of discovering that. I just wish someone who came into that pet store would sign in and say they remembered me getting fish for them or talking to me at some point while I worked there.

Edit to Add: I even dated the guy who worked at the appliance store that was beside the pet store while I worked there. If I were thirteen or never worked there, this wouldn't have ever happened. He owned a Tegu and would come in for crickets.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I moved to VB in 2000... still live here. I know the shopping center well because I used to live right down the street, I live in the Kempsville area now. I have never heard of these murders, but that isn't surprising considering they happened 9 years before I moved here. Anyway, you're right... the math isn't adding up. I can't think of any logical explanation, other than you remember the circumstances wrong and you didn't drive to work, maybe your Mom drove you, but you would have been too young to be legally employed. Weird.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Thanks for replying. Virginia Beach is a nice area, but I certainly didn't have a job before I turned 16. They're pretty strict about that in VA. The only jobs I had prior to 16 were babysitting jobs. The pet store didn't even hire anyone until they were 18 usually, but I was in there all the time because I had a fish tank, five lizards, a love bird, and a dog. Since everyone knew me, I got hired earlier than they usually would've hired anyone. The store was named Pet Paradise.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well you're clearly need to use Maths not Math.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

Maths? Like you mean for interdimensional equations? I'm starting to believe that.
This is the first time I wish I'd started a Facebook account and connected with people I knew back in the day. I no longer live in Virginia Beach, so I have no idea how to get a hold of people who can affirm that I worked there when these murders happened. If I could just talk to someone I worked with there or someone who frequented the pet store during this time, I'm sure they would say that they remember me working there when this happened. I know I was there. I know I sold this freak small animals on more than one occasion. I remember he never spoke much except to say what animal he wanted to buy and would try to avoid eye contact with me. I remember his shaggy mop of curly hair and he was a good foot taller than me.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Well if you can use Mathematics for inter-dimensional equations then carry on.

But to be honest, it was only a smart arse comment on my behalf.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
What grade were you in he was a 10th grader at the time......

I just checked my yearbook from 9th grade, he's not pictured. But, a lot of kids skipped school on picture day.
I don't remember him going to my school though. At the beginning of my junior year, a new HS opened. A girl who I knew from elementary school, then started going to my school. This girl lived in the same neighborhood as this kid, so she attended a different HS than I did until we both had to go to the new one. I can't remember the name of the high school my friend attended before having to come to the new HS. I know this is confusing. I hope I explained it well enough. I doubt I'd find him in my junior HS year books either since my friend from elem. school had to go to a different junior HS than I attended.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Well if you can use Mathematics for inter-dimensional equations then carry on.

But to be honest, it was only a smart arse comment on my behalf.

It's all good. I'm glad you can laugh at this. I wish I could.
I always found the time slip threads too strange for me, until now.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Quite an interesting story you present. I, personally, have no problem with multiverses, time slips or shifts, or alternate dimensions; in fact, I quite enjoy the variety of stories relating to them. I don't really think they generally work in the way you may be suggesting, though.

I'm sure there's some way to confirm the time you spent at the pet shop, even if it's only getting an SEQY (Summary Earnings Query Yearly) through your local Social Security office. They're free and one will be printed on the spot. Still, I doubt that's really needed - surely you have a basic idea of the age you started work. My next suggestion would be to research any murders or similar in the area of the pet shop during the time you were there. The most logical overall impression is that something did occur during this time that brought up stories of the earlier incident that you were perhaps then unfamiliar with. It's not difficult to transpose memories and events when discussed together for the first time, especially if they make a strong impression.

On the bright side, perhaps it follows that the weird kid you remember was not involved in any of this and, if so, you need no longer feel guilty for selling those animals to a monster.

Anyway, thanks for the post. These sorts of things are very interesting to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Could it be that you have suffered from an illness?? I had Lymes Disease and my memories are so wrong now.

I remember my Gran making me sandwiches and watching TV, even though it was weeks after she died.
I also remember singing at a Sabbath before eating, when I have never, ever had dinner with a Jew (although I have no objection to ever doing so!).

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Maybe it was you who killed the animals and the kids? Maybe the kid you remembered was not the murderer, just some autistic kid.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by Krono

Maths? Like you mean for interdimensional equations? I'm starting to believe that.
This is the first time I wish I'd started a Facebook account and connected with people I knew back in the day. I no longer live in Virginia Beach, so I have no idea how to get a hold of people who can affirm that I worked there when these murders happened. If I could just talk to someone I worked with there or someone who frequented the pet store during this time, I'm sure they would say that they remember me working there when this happened. I know I was there. I know I sold this freak small animals on more than one occasion. I remember he never spoke much except to say what animal he wanted to buy and would try to avoid eye contact with me. I remember his shaggy mop of curly hair and he was a good foot taller than me.

If you started at 16 maybe you stayed for a couple of years, nevermind you have to go down not up in age...er....maybe you were really not working there but were in the store when it happened and that someone asked to you to cover them while they went to pee or whatever, and just you got confused about driving there? I'm just trying to make some logical deductions here. Wow I need to investigate the murders cause I never heard of them either, and I was in NJ at that year.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
There is at least one way you can confirm it without hiring a P.I. for the databases they have access into.

Social Security Admin

You and everyone else gets a report generated annually that shows your income by year of your working life to the dollar. I'd assume here that being young, you weren't a full time workaholic, so this pet shop job should make a pretty big footprint on such a statement and confirm for you, which year you made that money at a young age.

They offer the reports online now. A new thing I guess...and it takes making an account, but consider who you're making it with if any paranoia thoughts might creep in. Exactly what do those people not already know about us all? lol.

Hope that helps!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Interesting.....would it be out of line to ask how off the numbers are? Do you believe you are younger than you would have been, based on the years stated? Is it possible that your date of birth isn't what you think it is? Weird, I know. Or, is it possible that the events didn't happen when you think? Maybe a news story got a date wrong or something? I can't find references to the case on other sites, so hard to say there. Possible to ask your parents if they remember when you worked there, and your age at the time? Another possibility; did you work there for a number of years? Maybe younger, as you think you would have been at the time, and then later, at an age that you could drive, and you got the times crossed? memory isn't infallible, as some think. Time, circumstances, and more, can cause us to forget things, or mix things up.

Anyway, I would ask people you knew at the time, first, and see what they remember. You might find faulty memory is the issue. If not, then either you are mistaken about your age (which would be very unusual), or there is some other problem. I would definitely recommend looking into this, though, and even seeing a doctor if necessary, just in case something else is wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

If you're not trolling, then I think you should leave it alone.

No matter what the answer is, it won't be good for your psyche.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'd have to guess that the date on the news article is wrong. The internet wasn't even around back then....meaning someone had to make the article after the fact, and they probably got the date wrong.
well scratch that. that doesn't appear to be the case.

Perhaps you had a job at 13? I know even today you can technically get a job at 14.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join