It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria to U.N.: 'Serious fear' it will be framed for the use of chemical weapons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Syria to U.N.: 'Serious fear' it will be framed for the use of chemical weapons

edition.cnn.com

Syria is raising concern in two letters to the United Nations that the United States may be attempting to frame it for the use of chemical weapons, Syrian state-run media reported Monday.

The letters, addressed to U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and chairman of the Security Council, repeated Damascus' previous pledge that it would not use chemical weapons, if it were in possession of them, in its ongoing violence

The move by President Bashar al-Assad's government follows recent reports that Syrian forces appear to have begun preparing chemical weapons for use. The United States and
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.israelnationalnews.com

+29 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
First off, I apologize for using CNN as the source for this news but it seems to be legit. Secondly, to be clear, all sides in this complicated situation have blood on their hands.

I do not believe Assad will use chemical weapons on his people or neighboring countries. That being said, I certainly could see the "rebels" doing so as they, and the people behind the scenes would have lots to gain by this due to the fact that it would be a perfect reason to invade Syria and force regime change which has been on the horizon for a long time.

To make things even more interesting, Israeli special forces are supposedly in Syria in order to "Track Chemical Weapons in Syria". I for one do not trust Israeli special forces as they are well known for their use of false flag activity in order to forward their agenda. I have included the story about this in the additional links section. They say it is IDF, but I am willing to bet that Mossad is there as well.

The media propaganda machine has been in overdrive recently with the whole WMD's in Syria story. I believe they are going this route instead of the "rebel" uprising because that plan has backfired for the West and their meddling has been exposed and the world now knows that these terrorists in Syria are not fighting for the Syrian people and they clearly have other motives.

Let's all hope that these chemical weapons are not unleashed on the people of Syria and the surrounding countries.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12/10/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
So if Assad does use chemical weapons is he already pointing to a false flag to cover his false flag?
Rebels can claim they were framed by Assad, Assad can blame rebels or Israel, and everybody can blame the US.

When the smoke clears in the end everybody will be standing there covered in chemical slime pointing at each other claiming to be framed.

Either way, as you mentioned, lets hope chemical weapons are not used in the first place, otherwise.. everybody goes.
(love the avatar by the way)
edit on 10-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

It certainly is complicated but we need to think bout who has what to gain from the use of chemical weapons, and in my opinion the answer to that question is quite clear. The West, and those who want regime change in Syria will have the most to gain and Assad has nothing to gain by using these weapons.

And Israel's excuse of tracking the weapons could easily be a cover for other activities. It is very difficult to take anything that these regimes say seriously, especially Israel considering their notorious reputation of lying to justify certain actions.That being said, it's not only Israel who lies as all governments lie to save their behind in the public eye.

I am not saying that Israel will definitely use chemical weapons on Syria and blame it on Assad but I am raising the possibility since it's certainly something they might do.

ETA:

Thank you for the comment on the avatar, ATS member tvtexan made it for me so he deserves all the credit, he is quite the wiz when it comes to "enhancing" my avatar

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If I planned to use chemical weapons, what better cover than to tell the world I was NOT going to use chemical weapons? So how would we ever really know???

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

What do you believe his reason would be to use chemical weapons? It would be suicide for him to do so and it would not do him any good whatsoever.

Think about it...

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

What do you believe his reason would be to use chemical weapons? It would be suicide for him to do so and it would not do him any good whatsoever.

Think about it...

They only way he would even contemplate using chemical weapons is if another country decides to attack or invade Syria. It would be suicide and if he was to use them on his own people at least, he doesn't deserve to live let alone keep control of the country.

I seriously do not believe he would. But what would make things interesting is strikes from another country or entity. Hopefully it doesn't happen but the way things are looking, we are only getting closer to that day.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Roger that.
Sadly, all of these idiots frothing at the mouth for bloodshed simply do not seem to grasp the grizzly effects, and aftermath, of using chemical weapons. What would anyone have to gain? (rhetorical)

Israel, Assad, the rebels, and every other country had better be prepared to accept the damage, not just political, but the physical pain and damage to every living thing, not just one's enemy.

If it's airborne it doesn't recognize borders.
Same as using a nuke, minus the blast damage.

If anyone chose to use chemical weapons, all hell is going to break lose.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Think about it...

I believe the line of thinking is the same as any given 911 conspiracy. What better way to declare war on another country, than to fly planes into your own buildings and blame it on somebody else.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Think about it...

I believe the line of thinking is the same as any given 911 conspiracy. What better way to declare war on another country, than to fly planes into your own buildings and blame it on somebody else.

I do not believe that Assad wishes to declare war on another country though. Of course I am not a mind reader and cannot speak for him, but he already has his hands full with the situation within his borders and for him to declare war with Turkey or Israel would not be in his best interest.

ETA:

I'm unsure if I read your post properly in reference to the "911" scenario you mentioned. The part where I get confused if you are implying whether or not it would be Assad, or another nation/organization who would be the ones to use these weapons. If I misunderstood please accept my apologies, and a clarification would be appreciated if possible just so I know what you meant before I comment any further.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I also hope this does not happen as it would be bad for everyone. There were reports of him claiming that he would use these weapons if attacked but then I believe there were proven to be false, or that he later denind making these claims.

I could be incorrect but I am confident he was misquoted a while back, or maybe he did say it and decided to deny his statement. This is something I will look into momentarily.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

cnn being involved in the breaking news is a bad omen. This is why they call them "Theater", I had to chime in on this because I was thinking that all along however I had a shock run through my chest when they implied it was the USA.

Our planet is in such chaos right now.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Trust me, I am no fan of CNN as I have authored many threads exposing their lies but the content of the article is what I wanted to share, not the messenger. The source cites a letter sent to the UN which has not been denied yet that I have heard.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I'm unsure if I read your post properly in reference to the "911" scenario you mentioned. The part where I get confused if you are implying whether or not it would be Assad, or another nation/organization who would be the ones to use these weapons. If I misunderstood please accept my apologies, and a clarification would be appreciated if possible just so I know what you meant before I comment any further.

Sorry I was enhancing Georgia girls observation. What I believe she was talking about was the mentality of any political figure, (not necessarily Assad), might claim someone else used chemical weapons on them, (when actually they used them on themselves and said they never would use them), and blame the other. (Basically a false flag like some claim 911 to be).

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I didn't realise that... Maybe he hasn't said any such thing but that is what I have gone off when people believe he is ready to use them. Interesting...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

reply to post by Lonewulph

It certainly is complicated but we need to think bout who has what to gain from the use of chemical weapons, and in my opinion the answer to that question is quite clear. The West, and those who want regime change in Syria will have the most to gain and Assad has nothing to gain by using these weapons.

And Israel's excuse of tracking the weapons could easily be a cover for other activities. It is very difficult to take anything that these regimes say seriously, especially Israel considering their notorious reputation of lying to justify certain actions.That being said, it's not only Israel who lies as all governments lie to save their behind in the public eye.

I am not saying that Israel will definitely use chemical weapons on Syria and blame it on Assad but I am raising the possibility since it's certainly something they might do.

I had to click. Is there nothing you won't twist round to make Israel the enemy? I just knew you couldn't resist it.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Think about it...

I have been screaming this for weeks now, that Assad is being set up.

Then, you have the "rebels" showing a video this weekend of how the chemical weapons work on a rabbit.

Seriously?

I think the rebels have the chem weapons. And, they intend to use them.

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
How many people have actually spoken to a normal Syrian on the ground in Syria about Syria - Maybe people should start there instead of believing the hype.

The one I spoke to said this is all lies and invited me to confirm that with any other Syrian in or closely connected to Syria at this time.

And that was just some random guy working at our local Home Depot who still has family there and was traveling back home quite a bit.

besides the only one whose used chemicals so far are the rebels - the same kinds that throw people out of windows and off of roofs, execute in the fields, strafe the flaming, crashing wreckage or a helicopter and chant god is great on camera while they shoot people. Yay for freedom fighters.
edit on 10-12-2012 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Is there nothing you won't twist round to make Israel the enemy? I just knew you couldn't resist it.

Do you not find it suspicious that Israel has it's hands in the cookie jar so to speak while this situation unfolds? I believe the possibility I mentioned is one of many possible developments. I mentioned that option among others. Some people just can't handle logical brainstorming when it comes to mentioning Israel when it comes to Middle East issues.

I did not say that they would, just that they might...it's not like they don't have a long history of false flag activity

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It's pretty simple to figure this out, anything the government and media says about the situation is complete bullsh*t. End of story. Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join