It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria video purports to show use of white phosphorus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Syria video purports to show use of white phosphorus

A video surfaced Thursday that appears to show a Syrian military helicopter shooting canisters of white phosphorus, a controversial substance that is a considered a chemical weapon by some military analysts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 6-12-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
In the video, a helicopter flying at a very high altitude above the town of Maraiya in Deir al-Zour province is shown firing a shell that explodes into smaller pellets and drops toward the ground leaving behind white smoke trails.

I know Israel has used phsoforus in Gaza, and looks similar, but I'm not sure if they can be armed with Cyran Gas or some other Nerve Agent?

This could be the smoking gun to have NATO stop by for a visit. This is going to be a sh|t down and nothing like Libya.

As Samuel L JAckson once said..."Hold on to your butts."

edit on 6-12-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure our military's still use white phosphorus in smoke grenades and they are just not allowed to use them in an anti personal role any longer due to changes in international law, so the substance is still used it's application has just been limited I believe.

I think there is a lot of jumping to conclusions with chemical weapons in this conflict. I think Assad may be mad, but is not foolish enough to use these and provoke further international outrage; I can imagine the CIA sneaking in and changing some regular munitions for chemical ones to say 'look look thy are using illegals weapons! Invade!'

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I trust nothing from the Western MSM anymore.

On that note, I have to ask of course...who actually is piloting the copter? Is it a false flag OP? Is it really White Phosphorous?

And why is it the Washington Post?

I know it's ridiculous but I'm getting to the point of "Pics or it didn't happen" isn't enough when it comes to warmongering and possible False Flags.

Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that these are a type of flares or WP used in a similar many to the flares. I have seen a picture of an AC130 firing flares for the purpose of hindering missile guidance systems on enemy missiles and it looked just like this did,

Also that could be the remains of some sort of chaff which is used to confuse missiles which are fired at the helicopter. They fire out all kinds of things to confuse their guidance systems,

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I wonder if the Washington Post is aware that our forces still use white phosphorus for some applications. This is obviously not being shot at an enemy from what I can see, it;s just been ejected from the helicopter as a countermeasure. Talk about trying to twist the video into a potential war crime! This is ridiculous!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
poor ol US.
They must be foaming at the mouth to have a go at Assad for using WP... but, in the interest of hypocrisy and logic, if you allow Israel to use it without berating them, then you have to shut your mouth against Syria.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Syria will be the next to fall, then it is off to Iran.Syria is the last major obstacle, and if we get them out of the way that takes care of Hezbollah"s ability to re-arm.It's going to be a hell of a spring!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
LOL here the many comments rergadinf white phosphorous. This chemical compound, these days, can only be had in a militarized form, via thw US........
Oh, yeah, I often wonder about the retiremenr 401K of weapons dealers. They gave more to hide than any of us--and that, of couse, is solely in relation to reason, i.e., what was sold and how it to be used.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
There are many uses for white phosphorous in on a battlefield. It's a nightmare, as reports read, it any of it gets on a person. It just burns and burns...but smoke screens and obscuring guidance systems are it's main uses as others have noted.

I always wonder...military analysts? Does that mean real people in military positions who have direct personal experience or is that people network MSM hire and run a tag line of Military Analyst beneath the name of and pay really good money to say scary and ugly things? lol..... These days? Seems to be the latter more often than not, eh?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
In most of the world people filming this kind of thing would say something that rhymes with "yuck".... regardless of what their native language is.

Why is it that whenever I see a video coming out of the middle east, 90% of the dialogue is Allah Ackbar?!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
White phosphorus is pretty lame compared to the depleted uranium used by the U.S.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SymbolicLogic

Why is it that whenever I see a video coming out of the middle east, 90% of the dialogue is Allah Ackbar?!

Because if it was coming out of the West, it would be "Holy %$#*, Damn!, S#!T!, "Did you see that Mother %#$*?...and lots of "ooooh..Looka da pretty lights"

Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Isn't it hilarious how, we are against the religious nuts... so we ally ourselves with the other religious nuts in the region, and play to our citizens sense of religion & patriotism in getting them to enlist?

I'd just like to see a video coming out of the middle east that doesn't involve religion.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
sooo, what would be the "offensive" action here ?
i don't see any personnel being targeted, water supplies or food stocks.
whose to say the copter isn't FSA ?

and which analyst, analysized the substance on the ground ?
is anyone able to confirm the substance is actually WP ?

since this is a Washington Post article, surely, they have confirmation BEFORE printing this story, don't they ? (/sarcasm)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

What is it used for other than a weapon? That seems far to high up to really cause damage to people. I have seen Israelis throw the canisters right on the streets in crowds of people. This doesn't seem like it was meant to be used as a weapon the the people below. I could be wrong though.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SymbolicLogic
In most of the world people filming this kind of thing would say something that rhymes with "yuck".... regardless of what their native language is.

Looks like a waste of a perfectly good munition to me.

OR

A nice big FU to Obama and making it look like chems are a flying. Just for poops and giggles.

And I think you are hearing them say Allans Snackbar. It must be a very good place to eat over there, everyone is talking about it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
i see no rockets being fired or weapons being shot at this helicopter. it was just dumping white phos over civilian areas too hinder there mobility and moral. this is a war crime in my eyes

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
The FSA has gotten their hands on some more sophisticated MANPADS systems. These appear to just be magnesium flares, dumped in case they were fired upon. They have gone from the SA-7, which is a rear aspect only shoulder fired missile, to the SA-16/24, which is an all aspect, multi-frequency seeker, which means it an be fired from in front of, to the side, or behind the target, and have a good chance of hitting. If the pilot waited until he knew a missile had been fired, it would have been too late it if was either a 16 or a 24 (the 24 is a slightly different version of the 16). His best bet would be to pop flares and create another heat source before the missile is fired, so he has a chance to evade it.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

looks to me like a counter-measure [ against ainti-aircraft weapons ]-

edited - because i didnt read the text before posting

i withdraw the comment :

the conspiracy is why doesnt the WP concur ?

and replace it with :

why are people giving credence to a blog ?
edit on 7-12-2012 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join