It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I'd say if you're not sure....go for the rookie.
Did you do the avatar you're wearing now? I really like it a lot

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

@Zarniwoop, I love your new avie.

Thank you. It's my favorite so far .

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Aw, thanks! I fell for it when I did a thread on ancient cats walking on
manuscripts. The one in my avie space is mine, Its not quite right.

I have still a few questions about the bytes mb aspect.

edit on 6-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeFalling

rather than guess, are you male or female?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Female

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Wow that's intense! Thanks.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Just a heads up to members:

New Avatar Contest....Myths and Legends

Design a themed avatar, discuss the entries, or simply vote for your favorites.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I see templar got you set up. I had started this last night on a hunch you were female.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Some fire-based randoms;

And a religious/heaven themed background;

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

I see templar got you set up. I had started this last night on a hunch you were female.

I actually like the contrast of that. To be honest, I'm still not 100% happy with mine, it's too much of one thing to be readable. Very difficult to get it looking right too in the space provided. I'd finish it off anyways, it is very stark contrast to my work, and I was hoping to see what you'd come up with.

Like you, bad day=create something=feeling better...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

your day is just starting, right? TGIF?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yep, four day weekend, woo-hoo!!

Trouble is someone decided that I had to suffer immensely to get that long weekend lol.... You wouldn't believe the trouble people make when they lose their material crap.

It's always been stolen or something else, but there's generally no apologies when it turns out their kid 'borrowed' it and left it laying around. Luckily someone honest came across dad's iPhone, otherwise it would have been the real end of the world....

Can't wait to see your take on the fallen angel though.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wow, all this new stuff is beautiful.

I haven't read recent posts on this epic thread, so if this has been discussed, please excuse. With the background removal being seriously discussed, when it occurs what can we do to make our avatar our actual avatar? I removed my background and the pic was gone, leaving a black hole. Is there any fix which will allow us to keep our long avatars as they are, or will everyone who has a long avatar have to get a short avatar, thus keeping you real busy for awhile? Thanks.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I read that this morning, that they are thinking of doing away with profile backgrounds and even sig lines. I guess we'll just have to cross that bridge if and when it does happen.

Granted, it will be a giant pain in the proverbial trying to create custom work inside a 170x240 square, but I guess we just have to wait for SO's decision rather than worry about it now.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Thanks. Sigh. In anticipation of the rush, can one of you fine artisians here please make me a short avatar from my present one? The exact same pic, except cut from just a bit above the moon on down as far as it will go (looking balanced though). I can supply the pic again if needed. I love my avatar, and will miss it as it exists now if change comes, and I have you guys here to blame for making it look so good. Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

This is 170x240 version of your current background, which will fit in the avatar space. Problem is, until all these new ideas become reality, we don't know the dimensions or what SO has in mind to allow. For all we know it might be 100x100 pixels maximum allowed (god I just felt dizzy)....

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Thanks very much! Until it's needed I will sadly transport it to my user-ready picture storage space lock-box trunk.

EDIT: And now as I go around the site I'm looking at everyone's long-pic avatars, as if in a silent farewell. If this change occurs (hopefully I'm crying wolf, one is actually sitting at my feet, both in the avatar and in real life), what's Phage going to do? His is a classic.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hi Everyone....as always, it's fun to catch up on this thread and see all the new and exciting creations done here..

Sooo, as some of you know, up until now I was not able to figure out how to make avatars, lol, as hard as some of you tried to teach me ! I was content to observe and participate as an onlooker, always " longing " to actually learn how to do it.....

Well, last night my very wonderful BF, sat down with me for hours and helped me learn some basics, Dear God, I already respected all the artists here, but it's even more complicated then I thought ! I could have never figured it out without "hands on training".....I even entered some designs in the new contest under the rookie category....it was really fun, I can see why people love doing this....hoping he will give me another lesson tonight.......

Is my new avatar considered an animated background ? I sure hope not, it was my favorite one, the lighting effects are fun to play with.......

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I love your new avatar!
Congrats on your new skills!

Ok, here is my first offering of an avatar, putting her
here as she is up for grabs.

She is a Foxglove Fairy.

She is sized to be a background image, to be used with a transparent.

edit on 7-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I didn't like the angel i used, so i made my own

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join