It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon last night...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Last night the moon was very unusually bright and big. There was a very bright glow surrounding it that appeared to me as being the moon's "aura". On the outer edge of the glow was a deep red hue which proceeded to the rest of the colors of the spectrum. This "aura" was only around for a little bit, it disappeared around 9 o'clock PM (I live in Las Vegas). It was very strange and I kept saying to myself, "I have never noticed the moon looking this way, I know I've never seen an aura around the moon." It was so mesmerizingly beautiful, I had to show my Mom, who also commented she never has seen the moon look that way in all her days. I was wondering if anybody else noticed this as well? Also there was a very bright object above the moon as well, to it's left. I thought it might have been Jupiter, as I know Jupiter is the brightest "star" in the sky at night, but it stayed in the exact same position relative to the moon for hours! If it was indeed Jupiter, wouldn't it have been in a different position as the night moved on, because Earth is constantly revolving and moving? Just speculating, but could whatever that object was have been the reason the moon looked the way it did lastnight? Also, I don't know if this is relevent or not, but a couple of planes sprayed some chemtrails (I've also never seen them do this at night) while I was staring at the moon, and after they did so, the "aura" disappeared! Proving to me at least that whatever I saw around the moon was NOT normal, and perhaps 'they' don't want people to know what is going on up there. I'm starting to believe the purpose of the chemtrails are to block what is in the sky, by creating 'arttificial' clouds....Maybe I'm reading to deep or over-analyzing, but something is indeed going on me thinks. What are my fellow members thoughts on this?

--1Luv

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I just had a realization, perhaps maybe that object was the ISS (International Space Station)?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by twinsoulz23
I just had a realization, perhaps maybe that object was the ISS (International Space Station)?

I am in Texas, and tonight on the way to dinner tonight, the moon appeared red and very large and low in the sky. I showed it to my husband and he said it was a water tower that was lit for Christmas until the clouds passed over. He jokingly called it a blood moon. I know there is a scientific explanation, but I don't remember what it is.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by artnut

I am in Texas, and tonight on the way to dinner tonight, the moon appeared red and very large and low in the sky. I showed it to my husband and he said it was a water tower that was lit for Christmas until the clouds passed over. He jokingly called it a blood moon. I know there is a scientific explanation, but I don't remember what it is.

Yes, the color of the moon can be influenced by a filtering effect caused by particles in the earth's atmosphere (either naturally caused by dust storms, forest fires, etc. or man-mad pollution). Also, the moon's color can be influenced by weather effects and seasonal changes as well. But what I saw last night was different, the moon was still its "normal" color, but there was a large "aura" so-to-speak surrounding it. I haven't looked at it tonight, but yeah a red moon isn't really peculiar.

--1Luv

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Maybe you had forgotten, or did not know, but there was a lunar eclipse last night you may have caught a glimpse of that?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I too am in Vegas and I saw what you saw. My conclusions though are drastically different from yours. The bright "star" next to moon for most of the night was Jupiter. Go to any night-sky tracker and you can look at last nights star maps and track it through the hours.

As for the aura, another naturally occurring phenomenon and it is a sight to see. For the effect to occur, the atmosphere, needs certain factors. Typically a "halo effect" happens when the upper atmosphere contains ice crystals and refracts the light, giving off a halo effect.

Beautiful nonetheless.

ETA: It wouldn't have been the ISS. Too bright and the ISS would move at a constant pace across the night sky. Again, any sky-watcher program would be able to track its location.
edit on 29-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by twinsoulz23

Object was Jupiter.

The moon has a ring around it sometimes. There's an old wive's tale that says when there's a halo or a ring around the moon it's going to storm soon.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

"I have never noticed the moon looking this way, I know I've never seen an aura around the moon."

The "I've never seen this before" quote is very commonly found here on ATS describing many boringly common happenings.
You saw high altitude ice crystals in the atmosphere.
HERE is just one of many webvpages describing it.

Also there was a very bright object above the moon as well, to it's left.

It was Jupiter.
At least one or two threads are created asking this question every month as the moon is somewhat near it.
You arent the first to ask.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I thought the same thing. And I rarely am that startled by the moon.
Could be the last moon we will see.

I remember reading somewhere about how there was a time when the moon was not part of our world. At this time all life forms on the planet, including human type, moved freely both in thought and energy between other life forms.
When the moon arrived and began projecting it's measurable gravitational effect on our planet, the tides were created and the inner tides of our bodies and all earth bodies began to become affected.

I remember also reading that the moon is an artificial satellite that was built custom fit for our planet to control us somehow.

Enter Phage.

I'm just saying that there is allot of fascinating information out there regarding our moon.

The very fact that it is distanced so perfectly between the sun and the earth as to form a perfect eclipse.
The sun and the moon appear to us as the same size.
The moon rotates so slowly and in a way as to never expose it's far side. This side is not "dark" as people might think and receives just as much sunlight as the side we always see.

Anyways, sorry for the long moon response post, not trying to derail the idea that the moon looked super cool last night, just remarking on how interesting it was and is.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It was a beautiful site earlier in the evening too because Jupiter was dancing "above" the moon for most of the night while the moon chased it across the sky.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The moon was gorgeous here in Indiana last night. It was a beautiful orange when it was low and huge on the horizon at around 5:30 PM. Simply stunning!

As for the aura around the moon...I'd heard that the number of stars inside the ring was how many days 'til it rained...another one of those old wives' tales.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Time to turn on the earthquake alert app on.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I saw the same thing in Northern Illinois , a ring at one location and gone after about 10 minutes in another. I believe it's just the air. Still beautiful to look at , I couldn't take my eyes off it.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm certain what you saw was the Full Moon/Jupiter conjunction.
There's a nice pic of it here:
spaceweather.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I spent a lot of time with the moon last night because it was my first full moon ritual at my new home. I got to say that it looked absolutely gorgeous but I wasn't sure if it was just because it was a beautiful and foggy night (my new house is at the bottom of a huge butte) or if it was just my excitement over breaking in my new space.

What I will say is that it definitely was more powerful than usual. I couldn't catch the eclipse but after spending some time with it, I didn't regret missing it at all. Luna was amazing by itself and seemed to carry a more "pinpoint" feel to it. Hard to describe but it felt more concentrated than usual and a bit of what I can only describe as "white hot".

I don't know how that would help you but I figured I'd chime in.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
Time to turn on the earthquake alert app on.

Does it make you wonder about the varying gravitational pulls on our planet.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerknight
Maybe you had forgotten, or did not know, but there was a lunar eclipse last night you may have caught a glimpse of that?

I wasn't aware there was a lunar eclipse last night...interesting. Thank you for pointing that out!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Sarchasm....a dark cave..don't go in.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

High altitude crystals, that makes sense I guess. Yes I understand it more than likely was a natural phenomenon but it was still 'different' nontheless in my eyes from any other night I happend to catch a glimpse of a full moon. Nothing wrong with asking questions right?

--1Luv

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
just fyi, the ring around the moon is commonly referred to as a corona

second line

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join