It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The prophecy may be utter nonsense but the effect of the prophecy is anything but nonsense. The pro

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It is not the prophetic predictions that we have to fear. Most sensible people realize that the world is not going to end, that at worst it may herald a new beginning. We won't believe that because it is soooo over due that it is in reality just wishful thinking.

A prophecy can become alive. A simple example to illustrate. There will be a great many 'end of the world parties.' It is just too good a theme to let go! So at one such party in the Bronx, a few gate crashes show up. A gun goes off and within ten minutes the whole area is in chaos.

Mob rule takes over heated by greed and we see riots as people strive for new TVs. Something like this could spread, city by city. It could follow the parties around the globe.

Any people affected by mental illness could and well may be tipped over the edge. Another shooting, another riot. Over zealous Policing over the preceding years could suddenly suffer a catastrophic blow back. For every officer down you now have several armed citizens looking for trouble. Now they too have vests.

Anywhere this happens, and it will, will be met by force. This one day could be blow back day. It could be the biggest blow back in history. Fueled by FB, Tweets and live feeds the world could change.

They said in 1666 the world would end. Of course it didn't. But for some it did. The great fire of London. Was it started because someone wanted a little bit of extra light so they felt a little safer. Probably not but you never know.

I will be staying home, with my children, nice and safe with weapons available just in case. The prophecy may be utter nonsense but the effect of the prophecy is anything but nonsense.

P

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If you think Black Friday was bad, wait for what can happen on the 21st. Some people will be wound up so tight that the slightest thing could make them blow. In the US, with warnings just like this one, how many people will go armed when they normally do not. Yes love! "I'm just putting the AR15 in the boot, can't be too careful".

Anything can happen, probably will.

P

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Why is it impossible to believe that something may occur? I realize the end of the world predictions have a terrible track record, however, there has never been a date as big as dec 21, in the past 5125 years. It's not just the mayans, but several cultures all talking about this time era that we are in as some sort of end of the 4th world, end of the age of pisces, beginning of the 5th world, beginning of the age of aquarius....

5000 years ago, there was a great flood..... 10000 years ago there was an ice age....

now here we are 5000 years later saying nothing is going to happen, that its nonsense.

What if it really is true?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Why concern yourself. Logic depicts that you do nothing. If it ends it ends. I don't believe it will.

But ......... it could get real ugly real fast

P

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I wrote a thread similar to yours 2 days ago.
Are the PTB milking the 2012 prophecies? -www.abovetopsecret.com...
There seem to be several important issues looming that need resolving within the next month or 2; the budget "fiscal cliff", Israel, Iran, etc etc.
I think they are actively trying to provoke people in to panic responses and rioting. We'll see how it all plays out but if I were in their shoes that is exactly what I would do. Use the public's fear and anticipation in to making them do something stupid so that government can swoop in with the "solution". Yay for .gov to the rescue!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Not sure that it will go down as they want. If they want martial law they better hope that the army will do what it is told because armed American hunters outnumber the US amy.

Blow Back is a bitch and there is no telling who the military will side with. Middle level officers take an oath first to the constitution. Could be real interesting.

P

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

It's a paradoxical self-fulfilling prophecy.

On Dec. 22 everyone will realize that prophecies aren't real. This will, of course, fulfill the paradigm shift prophecy, because many people will come to see part of reality for what it is.

That or aliens will land and kill us all.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm more frightened of the crazies you speak of than the end scenario. I think a few people are gonna fly of the handle and hopefully it is contained. But I don't want to be in any crowd situation just in case. People tend to go bat poo insane over end dates.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Im sure most military will go defend their families if shtf. They are just working men and women like the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
I will be staying home, with my children, nice and safe with weapons available just in case. The prophecy may be utter nonsense but the effect of the prophecy is anything but nonsense.

P

Yep children and weapons are always a safe combination

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

My children are adult or near adult, they can handle themselves should the need arise.

P

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I dunno, I am in canada, and for Y2K, NOTHING went down that I remember.... we woke up with hangovers, and to be honest, we never even thought about the y@k part, just how to get enough blankies for people to sleepover so no one drove home drunk etc.....

In my neck of the woods most people don't really even know about it or talk about it much except to say we all think its bunk or silly.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

AR15 in the boot?? That's a big boot!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
If you think Black Friday was bad, wait for what can happen on the 21st. Some people will be wound up so tight that the slightest thing could make them blow. In the US, with warnings just like this one, how many people will go armed when they normally do not. Yes love! "I'm just putting the AR15 in the boot, can't be too careful".

Anything can happen, probably will.

P

Oh god. Never thought of that. Maybe I better do my Christmas shopping on Thursday instead of Friday and Saturday. With many people thinking the world is going to end, there will be too many last minute shoppers this year after the world doesn't end. This could rival Black Friday sales.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Self fulfilling prophecy. I have pondered this often.

Bible says that Israel will come back to it's home lands...by golly the UN makes it happen 1948. Prophecy fulfilled or something more sinister?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

AR15 in the boot?? That's a big boot!

I think you may call it the trunk of the car. In Australia the trunk is the boot. There you go, you learnt something today.

P

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
let's all be honest here..

the simplest, and probably even the deepest reason on why so many people seemingly WANT to believe that these kind of things will happen,
is because most people are more inclined/willing to believe, and have ALREADY believed in all those "fantasy, magical, & out-of-the-real-world" things about the whole "2012" things and especially that 21 December 2012 date!
that the human's Imagination is always far 100x much more interesting & vivid/lively and full of variety (not to mention much more mysterious, and fascinating!),
rather than this seemingly mundane, "dry", boring everyday's reality or "real-world / real-life" .

Most of these people probably won't be able to handle/endure another "NOTHING changes", mundane, harsh, boring, & same reality, day by day, over and over again... no more!!... especially with the worsened society & humanity (ie: more shallow, dumb, stupid, shallow & meaningless materialism and plastic superficiality) as each year seems to pass by.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Well China is starting to crack down on their doom Sayers, the madness has already been underway. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-12-2012 by Mosthated718bx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mosthated718bx

China will keep order and has sent an important message to its people. My guess is that on the day they will rubbish the West for any occurrences on the day thereby trying to calm their population. It can be a very useful tool to take the high ground.

P

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

The way that I see it China infringes on the rights of their people anyway but this time they actually might be right for detaining this certain group of causing ruckus.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join