It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Subways and Clandestine Underground Transit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

laurel tunnel is owned by Chip Ganassi race team and is a one of a kind place in terms of Motorsports aerodynamic testing.

the tunnel itself is no secret and is part of the abandoned stretch of pennsylvania turnpike section. however it was unknown for many years what the tunnel was being used for. rumored to be a hi tech aerodynamic testing tunnel for motorsports, and it eventually turned out to be true.

its a 10 mile section of the pa turnpike that was bypassed and re routed.
on that section are 4 (i think) tunnels that were one lane and caused a "bottle neck" for traffic flow.
it was decided that bypassing that section would serve traffic flow better than making new tunnels to widen the road.

the abandoned turn pike and one of the tunnels were made famous in the film "The Road"
the scene where the truck of marauders come out of the tunnel and the man and boy run away and eventually kill the man from the group.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ni91ck
And the story go's on, fond another one. Love this stuff!

theintelhub.com...

Wow nice find man! They are building a real steel ark like the ones in the movie 2012. it seems there is much more preparation going on then I thought. That guys business is booming he says for underground hardened shelters...

Found the video on youtube: www.youtube.com...

Here is one of the projects he says he is working on "Surefire Survival Community" surefireliving.com...

edit on 25-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have come across quite a few mentions of "The Tubes" in my conspiracy research. These were supposedly some type of high speed magnetic technology that enabled travel throughout the world in a fraction of the time it takes with known travel.

RAND High Speed Transit

This paper is in .pdf and apparently published in 1972!

Here is another link with a little more explanation/illustration: High Speed Transit

John Lear spoke of this and purported there was an underground system that transported Area 51 workers from Las Vegas from a certain hotel (that he refused to disclose).

Interesting stuff, tho, S&F.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
My mistake. Im going to edit that one out, otherwise the whole thread will be deRAILed by how thats not a subway station. Thanks guys.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

While you are at it, edit out Tom Cruise's "secret subway", which the article says was simply a rented train on the D-line. Also, the steampunk London-NY "tunnel" is non- existent. the article says it is an art project, connected only by fiber optic cables.

Interesting thread, and I read somewhere about a very complex and secret tunnel system throughout Switzerland.
edit on 25-11-2012 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

But wait...there is already a secret tunnel going from New York to London. Its baffling how it could be built while hardly anyone noticed: Secret Tunnel from New York to London

It would take a lot of tin to leak into one's brain to think that running fibre optics from London to NY equates to a train tunnel being present or as 'easily' implemented.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ni91ck
I fond a old story from many years back!!!

www.mentalfloss.com...

edit on 25-11-2012 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

I remember my 6th grade trip to Washington DC, they actually took us on the Senate Subway. I had almost completely forgot about it til I started reading this thread & then clicked on the link you posted. Thank You for bringing that memory back. This was back in 1990.
edit on 25-11-2012 by RickKilgannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well If your feeling left out you can join the elites and reserve space in an underground community like the Surefire community I posted above or this one i found while researching. www.terravivos.com... These folks supposedly have ten such communities around the world.

I am curious now to see how many more of these types of communities there are...

edit on 25-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

The thing is trains can only go so fast in a tunnel because of the build up of air resistance, and the inefficiency it creates, too much fuel burned over 200 MPH to be viable. To go the speeds claimed the tube would need to be a vacuum, and that technology is not yet available.

The idea of magnetic trains with no air, or rolling stock, resistance have been talked about for decades.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm not trying to burst your bubble here, because I do believe what you propose is true. However the article you presented here about the London to New York tunnel is obviously not true. Check the first sentence of the first paragraph below the quote:

I hope I’m not bursting anyone’s bubble when I reveal that the Telectroscopes (designed by artist and inventor Paul St George) are connected not by a tunnel but by fiber optic cabling, and an HD camera and projector on either end provide live streaming video.

Other than that, great thread, very interesting and as I said I definitely believe it to be true. S&F

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
At the source document you provided for the West ashfield station it says its not a secret station but a training facility. Its not even underground its above ground on the 3rd floor of a building lol

Yes, it looks like a fully functioning modern tube stop, but it’s not actually open to the public. London’s West Ashfield Station is, in fact, on the third floor of an office building and used to train newly hired employees.

source

edit on 25-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

And you believe that crap?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
And from a moderator to boot....

Tom Cruise's production team paid hefty money for that "secret" subway line; as the article itself states. Did you even bother to read the article or just link it blindly because the title met your intended narrative?

The New York-London line? As pointed out, the article again paints a completely different picture than what you presented.

I know, you are just a moderator but you represent ATS....and this....outside of the conversational aspect is all bunk and nonsense; in relation to what you linked.

edit on 26-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
A friend of mine who lives in La Junta, Colorado told me he worked for a golf course in suburban Denver. He said his boss told him a boring maching started a tunnel at the golf course and began burrowing an underground path. My friend said he saw air shafts that were said to be associated with the tunnel.

Also, more than 30 years ago my brother and I drove from Salt Lake City to Mueller Park in Bountiful, just to the north. We parked on a Sunday and a group was having a picnic at some tables. The trail from the park that ran east along the hillside overlooking Salt Lake City to the south had do not trespass tape so we naturally ignored it and began walking along the path. After a few minutes we stopped and could hear what sounded like underground machinery below us. Now, there are storage caverns in the granite mountains on the east side of Salt Lake, but the mountain we were on juts out to the west and seems to be more of an alluvial deposit type of geology.

When I was working as a news reporter back in the 1960s on two separate occasions while out covering a story at night I saw an intense ball of light come down at about a 45 degree angle and go into the canyon behind the northern hillside of Salt Lake. They provided backlighting for the mountain as they disappeared behind it I saw battle field flares at Deseret Test Center when I visited there as a guardsman, but the angle at which these bright lights came down were nothing like that. These lights came down into the hills just north of Salt Lake and just to the east of where my brother and I heard the underground machinery.

I used to enjoy hiking on that slope north of Salt Lake before houses were built on it. I would walk along ancient paths I figured were used by deer and Indians, who had created the trail impression over many centuries.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by capod2t

The thing is trains can only go so fast in a tunnel because of the build up of air resistance, and the inefficiency it creates, too much fuel burned over 200 MPH to be viable. To go the speeds claimed the tube would need to be a vacuum, and that technology is not yet available.

The idea of magnetic trains with no air, or rolling stock, resistance have been talked about for decades.

One of the articles I read explained how they do this, by sealing off sections. It might have been in the ops links.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
The Tube station that cost £1million but has no passengers

Spend that money to build a subway station thats fake? I'll remain skeptical...

It is used to train new employees, a simulator environment.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Great post and very accurate, we don't know because the black ops budgets don't get seen. These trains don't go down to agartha as they don't like the cabal.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
There are countless tunnels underneath the Mexican/US border that transport drugs and illegals. They are well hidden with the openings in some very fancy restaurants and hotel basements.

I'm convinced the Taos hum is caused by underground traffic.

www.aquiziam.com...
edit on 25-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the link. I mentioned in a previous thread on underground bases the hum phenomenon which has been occurring for over 30 years in the U.S. and U.K. . I have relatives who experienced this in Hueytown , AL and during my research had come across this study Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 571–595, 2004. There are other incidents in Kokomo, IN also. One suspected cause of the incident in Hueytown were massive industrial mining fans.

Not to hijack the thread but I found it interesting someone else had made the same connection

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Skyfloating

Too neat !

The FDR car

Over the weekend we had a chance to visit the long-abandoned Waldorf-Astoria train platform, which allowed VIPs to enter the hotel in a more private manner—most famously it was used by Franklin D. Roosevelt, possibly to hide the fact that he was in a wheelchair suffering from polio. The mysterious track, known as Track 61, still houses the train car and private elevator, which were both large enough for FDR's armor-plated Pierce Arrow car. Legend has it that the car would drive off the train, onto the platform and straight into the elevator, which would lead to the hotel's garage. Trainjotting has some more history regarding the platform, known as Track 61, and notes that the quest for it "has become a holy grail for many urban explorers."

Photos: Visiting The Secret Train Platform Beneath The Waldorf-Astoria
edit on 25-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: added info

Here's an episode of Cities Of The Underworld that features the Waldorf-Astoria platform:

I found the whole episode to be fascinating, but you can skip ahead to 13:55 minutes for the part that's relevant here.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
There are countless tunnels underneath the Mexican/US border that transport drugs and illegals. They are well hidden with the openings in some very fancy restaurants and hotel basements.

I'm convinced the Taos hum is caused by underground traffic.

www.aquiziam.com...
edit on 25-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Wow...thats a fascinating theory on the source of unknown underground hums. Maybe they are no longer content with tunnels for walking the drugs, now they need subways.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
Sometimes I think that over the top conspiracies are sometimes manufactured to make the picture more hazy and send people on a wild goose chase.

You get the intent of this thread. It was to provide mostly non-conspiracy, non-far-out sources to point to a possible secret world of underground tunnels.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This is actually an old concept. In Yonkers, NY, a guy named Untermeyer, a wealthy land owner had built an underground carriage highway that linked several of his houses and his friends homes that led almost into the city. They closed most of the entrances down and collapsed the tunnel, but some homes, the older colonial homes in Yonkers still have the bricked up entrances in their basements. I have seen one. My friend was doing some work on an old colonial house not too far from the Hudson river which runs alongside Yonkers, and we took out some bricks form the sealed up wall, we could see an old wall fixture that used to hold an oil lamp. The whole thing was caved in.

Apparently this was common in places like England amongst wealthy land owners, large private tunnels.

Untermeyer also had a private garden/ park he gave to his wife as a wedding gift. The city took it over. It is AWSOME. We used to explore the park all the time and found lots of entrances to the underground tunnel system. We couldn't get farther than the mouth of them, since it was all caved in. Some areas are still intact, or were in 80´s. since then the city got rid of them too.

HE was an occultist also, so his choice of decoration was cool. It was a great place. If you guys ever have a chance, go by Untermeyer park in Yonkers NY. It has a privileged view of the Hudson.

Also if you do go and you walk down the long stairs under the garden to the platform overlooking the river, you will notice the two pillars are filled in. They used to be adorned with swastikas.

Guy was a Nazi before there were Nazis in Germany and he was JEWISH!. His family is native to Bavaria.Crazy rich people......

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 26-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join