It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Subways and Clandestine Underground Transit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
These secret underground subway tunnels is something that has always fascinated me. I live near Toronto and have heard about the station underneath bay before, I always wanted to go check it out, i wounder what other secrets are down there.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by jude11

Im also surprised by how something like this tunnel from NY to London could have remained unknown to the wider public. I would assume that workers sign confidentiality agreements.

From the article it says

the Telectroscopes (designed by artist and inventor Paul St George) are connected not by a tunnel but by fiber optic cabling, and an HD camera and projector on either end provide live streaming video.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
Not to let the air out of the balloon... but no where in that NY to London article does it say there is a tunnel there now. In fact it says...
"I hope I’m not bursting anyone’s bubble when I reveal that the Telectroscopes (designed by artist and inventor Paul St George) are connected not by a tunnel but by fiber optic cabling, and an HD camera and projector on either end provide live streaming video. But who really cares, you can still look in one end of this device in New York and see out the other in London. You’ll find one end next to the Brooklyn Bridge, and the other across the pond, next to Tower Bridge."

This is what I like about ATS...they are quick to discover mistaken information.

By the time you guys are done with this I`ll have to remove all info from the thread.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ
These secret underground subway tunnels is something that has always fascinated me. I live near Toronto and have heard about the station underneath bay before, I always wanted to go check it out, i wounder what other secrets are down there.

]

For the sake of ATS...see if you can find out more...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
Not to let the air out of the balloon... but no where in that NY to London article does it say there is a tunnel there now. In fact it says...
"I hope I’m not bursting anyone’s bubble when I reveal that the Telectroscopes (designed by artist and inventor Paul St George) are connected not by a tunnel but by fiber optic cabling, and an HD camera and projector on either end provide live streaming video. But who really cares, you can still look in one end of this device in New York and see out the other in London. You’ll find one end next to the Brooklyn Bridge, and the other across the pond, next to Tower Bridge."

This is what I like about ATS...they are quick to discover mistaken information.

By the time you guys are done with this I`ll have to remove all info from the thread.

Well to your credit I was very interested and was following along to the links etc and thought if they had built a tunnel from NY to London there is no way someone wouldn't have taken credit for it. Very interesting thread and topic however.
edit on 25-11-2012 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I'll venture to say that some of these tunnels really do exist while others could be just urban myths. Maybe

I think the evidence is too scarce to say that such systems exist. But I could imagine that they do, simply as a matter of national security or "government continuity". Time will tell.

And now for the REAL conspiracy!

The tunnel from Russia to the US. Or any other tunnel inland on US soil.

Nice way to move troops right?
North Korea has hundreds of tunnels into South Korea for just that purpose.

Just had to throw that one in there...

Peace

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Too neat !

The FDR car

Over the weekend we had a chance to visit the long-abandoned Waldorf-Astoria train platform, which allowed VIPs to enter the hotel in a more private manner—most famously it was used by Franklin D. Roosevelt, possibly to hide the fact that he was in a wheelchair suffering from polio. The mysterious track, known as Track 61, still houses the train car and private elevator, which were both large enough for FDR's armor-plated Pierce Arrow car. Legend has it that the car would drive off the train, onto the platform and straight into the elevator, which would lead to the hotel's garage. Trainjotting has some more history regarding the platform, known as Track 61, and notes that the quest for it "has become a holy grail for many urban explorers."

Photos: Visiting The Secret Train Platform Beneath The Waldorf-Astoria
edit on 25-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: added info

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If all subway-riders who stumble upon this thread could pay a little more attention while riding the subway, that would be awesome. Look out for any strange turns and tracks leading off to unknown destinations.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
There are countless tunnels underneath the Mexican/US border that transport drugs and illegals. They are well hidden with the openings in some very fancy restaurants and hotel basements.

I'm convinced the Taos hum is caused by underground traffic.

www.aquiziam.com...
edit on 25-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Even if they are " known" after all, why believe the cover stories?

Good work. I'll keep reading to see if all your tunnels are secret and didn't need editing out.
They would certainly account for all the strange noises and booms being heard. The fracking and small earthquakes as they blast through rock. It's probably a bigger network than your map shows.

I've always thought there's something secretive underneath the Hoover Dam site.

Possibly even under the great pyramids, beneath hidden chambers.

I suppose the Queen has one too
edit on 25-11-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The secret city of Q-Whitehall? London

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I guess this goes hand in hand with the rumors of a whole network if tunnels and underground cities connected coast to coast... I have no doubt there it something to it but how much is anyone's guess..

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I fond a old story from many years back!!!

www.mentalfloss.com...

edit on 25-11-2012 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
And the story go's on, fond another one. Love this stuff!

theintelhub.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Sometimes I think that over the top conspiracies are sometimes manufactured to make the picture more hazy and send people on a wild goose chase.

You think there is a connected elite that run the world...Guess what? They are actually reptillian shapeshifters.

You think there is plans to create a one world government...Guess what? They are going to depopulate the world by at least 70% to do it.

You think there may be an extensive underground infrastructure that is kept secret from the public..Guess what? The entire Earth is hollow and the Atlanteans now live at peace with giant skypeople under our feet.

Beyond transportation systems, it is entirely possible that there are natural subterranean formations big enough to house an entire city.

I've always felt there is a lot of human activity underground, beyond what is known to the public. Calling it an intuitive feeling is a good way to put it. For a while I'd have dreams all the time where I'd be led through the sewers by some important looking people until we reached a secret door which led to a huge underground party! (It would look something like the party at Zion in the Matrix)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0nZ

I've been to the Lower Bay station twice. Once about 20 years ago, and the second time was around 2007 or so.

The first time I went I was doing something illegal (ie. trespassing) and mind-bogglingly stupid (ie. running down a live subway line). This is a really stupid thing to do, and I don't advise it. There's a really good chance of getting killed, and no joke. Lower Bay as a station might be closed, but the line itself is still live and is used to shunt trains and maintenance cars - and they don't operate on any schedule that the general public would be aware of. Seriously, don't do this.

The second time it was open to the public for Doors Open Toronto, and I happened to be in town. If you're really keen to see that part of Toronto, wait for them to run that again. You're really not missing much, in any case. It's a subway platform. There's nothing really special about it, other than being a permanent monument to bad transit planning.

It's a very well documented place - do a google image search on "Lower Bay Toronto", and do the same on youtube. Like 99.999999% of all abandoned places, when you get right down to it - it's really a dull, uninteresting location and the only point of going is bragging rights.

To the OP - you suggest that his station is part of some network serving the elite.

My question to you: What possible reason would you have for thinking that? There's no benefit to using that station, which is why it was abandoned.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
there is a little thread with some information!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And then this video: www.youtube.com...#!
edit on 25-11-2012 by ni91ck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Humans have been building secret underground cities and tunnels for thousands of years, it would be incredibly naive to think they wouldn't be doing it today, especially now that we have technology to do a lot of the work. As for how we don't know more about it, quite easy actually, it's the same way most of the big secrets are controlled, threats and ridicule.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I will flag this and star it for some research later. I will provide some links for what I am about to say when I have time to gather them. I lived in Buffalo, NY for about 10 years give or take a year or two. There used to be tunnels under all the buildings, some still exist today. I worked in the Lafayette a few years ago. It has since closed, but it had passages that lead from other buildings throughout the city, unfortunately most were closed off. I also worked in another building a few blocks away and most of its tunnels were still intact and people used to go exploring all the time. In some cases have gotten lost for several hours. Most of them have been filled in, redirected and etc. There are no maps and people can get hurt. People there always talk about the whole city once being connected by a massive underground tunnel system, though there has never been any proof of it aside from local witness accounts, and my own

This is a good thread, though Buffalo has no subways, they were big on rail, and there is on abandoned station there that makes headlines every so often: Buffalo central Terminal. I have heard kids talk about tunnels there too, though I never seen them and they are hard to access.

Until I can do more work, here is a pretty cool video to give you an idea of what really lies under Buffalo:

edit on 25-11-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

I played in tunnels a lot as a kid. Not sure what they were, made of cement. They might have been 10 feet or more in diameter. They weren't secretive anyways.

... Would most of these tunnels be found where there is the most rock or caves ? Like in the Rockies, Grand Canyon regions.

Good video of the underground vaults in buffalo

edit on 25-11-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have no idea if there is anything in this but, leading on from this post on Quake Watch 2012 it was suggested that any explosions in a straight line could possibly be because of tunnelling. In the SF area I then found the details you can see here.

I have no idea if this means anything and I have not looked at the time sequence to see if these are progressive but it certainly does seem odd that they are called explosions in the ANSS catalogue and they are in a long line and are all at 100 metres depth.

Subsequently I looked to see if there was any explosions between Area 51 and Denver International Airport, but I could find nothing? (Maybe the details were removed?) This post details my (lack) of any findings.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join