It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Foster Kids Taken From 'Politically Incorrect' Family

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Political views now a determining factor as to whether or not you can be a foster parent? This couple have been fostering kids for 7 years and now they've been told that they are unfit to do so.

I'm not British and so would ask any Brits to weigh in and explain what is happening here in more detail. Is it because of the multiculturalism slant?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is totaly ridiculous. They act like the uk Independence party is something like being part of the freakin KKK ,It isn't. Not by a long shot. Basically what the party stands for is "take care of the UK first, then we can take care of the rest" and that also includes all the english people with a english passport that are not native to england. So why would supporting this party be so strange while fostering foreign children. Its not like those foster parents are sending billions out of the country is it.

And for this they removed children from a fostering family that has been doing this for 7 years?

Disgusting.

The people who ok'ed the removal of these children should be trialed and convicted.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
While i am more of a BNP supporter, i see nothing wrong or racist about UKIP.

I think it says a lot about todays world when you can't even support a certain party without having your children being taken away from you for 'politically correct' reasons.

It's a mad world we live in.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubic0n
reply to post by jude11

This is totaly ridiculous. They act like the uk Independence party is something like being part of the freakin KKK ,It isn't. Not by a long shot. Basically what the party stands for is "take care of the UK first, then we can take care of the rest" and that also includes all the english people with a english passport that are not native to england. So why would supporting this party be so strange while fostering foreign children. Its not like those foster parents are sending billions out of the country is it.

And for this they removed children from a fostering family that has been doing this for 7 years?

Disgusting.

The people who ok'ed the removal of these children should be trialed and convicted.

Thanks for the explanation.

It's exactly what I thought and I just had to ask others to confirm whether I was correct in my thinking.

My next question is who or what makes a political slant a threat to kids? This is tantamount to blacklisting a Party by means of the back door. What the hell is this REALLY about? Is it merely a scare tactic? I believe it is.

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I think the issue is more to do with the parents were fostering children of ethnic backgrounds. Sadly it looks like people view the UKIP on the same light as the backwards racist morons of the BNP, this is not the case.

As a previous poster mentioned, the UKIP is about putting the UK public first, and cutting down on immigration, witch isn't a bad thing considering the way the country is going at the moment.

The UKIP has members of all colours and religious beliefs, it's not just for foul mouthed white skinhead thugs like the BNP, and to punish these people for supporting the UKIP is just downright wrong.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Existing thread, from yesterday...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think this is a problem with the social services in general, in fact any kind of government agency too... They are ALL control freaks... Believe me I know because my family has been involved with these people... What was our crime? Unassisted home birth... Yep you read that right, my partner had a natural birth at home, something women have been doing at home since the beginning of TIME!

We had midwives lying to the police, we had police forcing their way into our home when my partner had given birth 3 days previously, we had social services involved because we dared to use our right to not consent... These social services have seriously taken children away from their REAL parents simply because the washing up wasn't done, or that the children were not wearing "appropriate" clothing... The list goes on...

We also have the state coming to check on us because we choose to home educate... Do you see the pattern here?

BTW just to let you know the social services finally bullied us to the point where they got their interview and they dropped the "case"...

Just to let you know as well that in the UK they have secret courts where they decide the fate of children WITHOUT the parents being present! The social services are deemed as above reproach and would never lie so they can just say what they like. They have been known to outright lie in their reports or twist the truth or low and behold like most people just get things wrong... One example I heard about was a child spoke of how her father wore a dress and makeup and would scare the kids... Sounds horrific right? I mean seriously if you heard THAT being a judge what would you do? Well the part they missed out was that it was halloween!!!

I do not support any political party but I have heard no racism from ukip... They want to leave the EU and they want stricter border controls, which is apparently racist?

You know when we were going through what we did we spoke to a nurse during an examination of our son (a voluntary one)... We told her the story of what happened and she said "ahhhhh well you see a child was killed a few years back and the father was not co-operative so they are really careful now"... So yeah, comply or you are obviously a child killing psychopath! This is the kind of mentality of these people and how they justify their actions! But hey let's not talk about the abuse of children that are IN the care system, oh no, they don't want to go there...

I read about this earlier btw and it made me want to be sick! However I didn't find it surprising in the slightest...

Sorry for my rant... Feel better now...

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Could this be part of a smear campaign to damage Nigel Farage's image?

I'm not british either, so I'm just speculating here... but the timing is somewhat suspicious to me with the recent failure of the EU-budget-summit.

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by jude11

I do not support any political party but I have heard no racism from ukip... They want to leave the EU and they want stricter border controls, which is apparently racist?

That's what I meant.
They don't want to / can't allow to debate UKIP positions openly... next best thing is to discredit the opposition.
edit on 24-11-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

reply to post by jude11

Disgusting.

Thanks for the explanation.

It's exactly what I thought and I just had to ask others to confirm whether I was correct in my thinking.

My next question is who or what makes a political slant a threat to kids? This is tantamount to blacklisting a Party by means of the back door. What the hell is this REALLY about? Is it merely a scare tactic? I believe it is.

Peace

That is a good question, If you ask me it is totally impossible that the parties involved have a misunderstanding of what this political party stands for.

Involved parties would be :

Child care dep.
Foster care dep.
Police
And a judge with a ruling

Before any action could have been taken. Someone involved will have raised the same question here, It seems to me that this has been pushed through to use as a showcase. The judge being the most suspicious one i would say. No proper judge would or could even in his right mind or just plain following the law let this pass ruling.

This is a proper legal political party which it concerns, i would be very interested in what manner this judge justifies this action.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Either there is more to this than Russia Today is reporting or a massive injustice has been done. If the latter, then the decision can be appealed and taken to the High Court if necessary (I doubt they'd have much luck in the European Court of Human Rights).

As mentioned by previous posters, UKIP is not a racist or extremist party and given the number of Conservative politicians, members and voters defecting to the party, it's rapidly becoming part of the establishment and is set to take over from the Liberal democrats as the third main party in the very near future.

edit on 25/11/12 by Insomniac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

That is a good question, If you ask me it is totally impossible that the parties involved have a misunderstanding of what this political party stands for.

Involved parties would be :

Child care dep.
Foster care dep.
Police
And a judge with a ruling

Before any action could have been taken. Someone involved will have raised the same question here, It seems to me that this has been pushed through to use as a showcase. The judge being the most suspicious one i would say. No proper judge would or could even in his right mind or just plain following the law let this pass ruling.

This is a proper legal political party which it concerns, i would be very interested in what manner this judge justifies this action.

You seem to be confused as to the process. The decision to remove came only from the Children's Services Department of Rotherham Council. No Judges, no Police, just a couple of idiotic doo-gooders in the department who are now going to feel the full brunt of the nation come Monday morning.

That said, there is a thread on this already....

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
Could this be part of a smear campaign to damage Nigel Farage's image?

I'd say it's the opposite. I'd say it's perfectly timed for Farage. There's a by-election coming up and he's getting a lot of positive media coverage. He was asked questions about the timing of this on the radio (LBC), yesterday.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Looking at this objectively, the Social Services can't win. They're always being railed at for not doing enough or doing too much.

Twenty-odd years ago, Rochdale was in the middle of Satanic child abuse scare and Social Services were rightly pilloried by the mess the scandal caused. However, people always forget that the Social Services' were using independent 'experts' for advice in these cases (can you imagine the outcry the Daily Mail, the Sun and the Telegraph would have raised if Social Services had 'in-house' people to deal with this: TAXPAYERS MONEY SPENT ON SOCIAL SERVICES DEVIL HUNTERS). The Christian charities and American experts always seem to be forgotten.

I'd also suggest that the Satanic child abuse scare informs the Social Service's 'distance' in the recent rape ring cases more than fear of 'upsetting Muslims' and so on.

UKIP are at the other end of the spectrum to my own politics but I don't think they're a "racist" party per se and the actions of Rotherham Social Services are wrong. However, it's a little disingenuous to suggest that the party hasn't attracted racists. There's a reason that UKIP have a policy about preventing ex-BNP/NF members from being party members as it's not just the Tories that are haemorrhaging support to UKIP. You've only have had to spend a little time on sites like Stormfront over the years to see UKIP does attract racists, white nationalists and the like.

Again, imagine the Daily Mail headlines: SOCIAL SERVICES OKAYED RACE HATE ADOPTERS

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

Just to let you know as well that in the UK they have secret courts where they decide the fate of children WITHOUT the parents being present!

Hi mee30, I read your 'rant' and I thought you had some interesting things to say. Could you elaborate on the above statement more? I am intrigued by it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Typical RT overblown.

The issue is petty politics, which has been wiedly derided in the UK. UKIP is a mainstream party. Actions like this just show how sad some petty politicians can stoop to.

Rotherham Council is in disarray. The leadership of the said need to be replaced. They have lost reason.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Earlier this year, Rotherham was heavily criticised for failings in its child protection over revelations of sexual exploitation of girls by Asian men, and on Saturday Joyce Thacker, director of children's services, said this decision had been taken because her department had been attacked for not considering the cultural needs of children in care. "There was no issue over the quality of care," Thacker said, insisting the only problem with the couple was their Ukip membership and the party's stance on immigration. "We have to think about the clear statements on ending multiculturalism, for example," she said.

Regards

edit on 25/11/2012 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
double post

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by deessell

It's not actually true, so don't waste your time. If the case is between two individuals (say the parents after a divorce), the hearing is held in private, not secret. If the local authority gets involved, said case is a Public Law case and as such is not even held in private. In both instances, accredited members of the Media are allowed to attend, although there may be restrictions on what they can report (names for instance)

While it is clear the poster has been though a rough ride for some reason, I am willing to put money on the fact he/she has left out some pertinent points related to his/her case as to why Social were taking such an active interest in his/her family.

Unassisted home births happen regularly, although the Midwives often advise against it because it is dangerous. The poster is right women have been doing it since the dawn of time, however, childbirth was for a long time considered very dangerous and often fatal until medical science got involved. All my kids and the mother would be dead if it wasn't for medical science being there at birth.

Again, kids are home schooled all the time in the UK but the local authority has a legal obligation to check that the standard of education is up to scratch.

Given the tone and the clear anti-Government bias displayed by said poster, I am certain there is something not being told to us or he is exaggerating what happened for dramatic effect.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

That Joyce Thacker needs her head examining. Firstly, she continues to defend the position even though it is clear it is politically motivated.

Secondly, what is wrong with UKIP's desire to end the "promotion of multiculturalism"? It is a failed experiment and many leading politicians across Europe have said as much, such as Angela Merkel. Ending multiculturalism doesn't mean that you instantly hate brown people, but rather you recognise there is a single defining culture in the land, not 99.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I saw this on TV.
So the UKIP want independence for the UK from Europe and the overbearing, overearching EU/Brussels bullies, and who blames them, this is the party that the parents vote for, not the BNP, and somehow this is grounds to remove kids from their care? Unbelievable!!
They've been foster parents for 7 years and unless there are other reasons and there's something we're not being told about this case, then these kids need to be put back with these parents and this local council should be absolutely raked over the coals.

Disgusting.

Nice to see the Government and the opposition coming out in support of UKIP.
I Know it's a Labour run council so I wonder what the party can do? Another inquest, enquiry etc, because the UK doesn't have enough of those.

edit on 25-11-2012 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I take the view that the politics of foster parents *could* be a factor in their suitability. After all, National Front supporters would treat non-indigenous kids differently to native white ones. That's a simple fact.

Being a supporter of UKIP is several leagues removed from white supremacy and standing on a platform of nationalism needn't always be taken as racism. As such, broadly speaking, I think the Social Services were in error in this case. Unfortunately for them they are in the eternal position of always being criticised for the failures and never being praised for getting it right.

A far greater problem in my experience are foster carers in general and trying to make sure they are good for the job. I've known a lot of 'economic foster parents' who honestly don't give a crap about the kids well-being and use them for income only. There are also the respite carers who take kids for a short period and treat them as intruders. Some have their own children and don't let the fostered child interact with theirs.

So whilst the political mileage is obvious in the story, there's much less consideration being focused on the children involved. The care system has greater issues than an instance of reactionary stupidity by those involved in the story.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join