It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contest with prize by me.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
so

MRDEADFOX.

This one's kinda complicated.. and I'm not even sure if this is in the right category lol

Synchronocities begin, slow at first, but start to speed up like the steady increase of a beating drum, things like seeing a color mere moments before it appears in front of you, in the form of something that wasn't within eyeshot before, the tempo increases as the people around you begin feeling the tunneling of what these syncs are creating and you start to hear the worry/panic in their voice as a time tunnel envelops you. This tunnel is singlehandedly capable of altering the time/space direction that Earth is currently going. From a timeline where such synchronocities are mere coincidences, to a potential timeline where these synchronocities become the very beat of the universe speaking to us, drawing us into her more hidden and uncovered truths. Who knows what will come of such an event, only one way to find out... Dive into the rabbit hole

is it original?

EDIT:
This is basically synchronicity. I have heard it before. If you disagree let me know. If not we move on.
edit on 21-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
As our theories are allowed to borrow from others, then I must make it known that indeed, mine borrows from buddhism, and quantum mechanics... However, in the way that astrophysics borrow and expound upon standard physics, alike yet different, so is the case for my theory of the parent child bond.

my basic logical deduction borrows from the theory that energies can only be transformed, and not destroyed. If that is true, then mental energies must also follow suit. Now, with the "DNA as antennae" unsorted, I have surmised that when one dies, the "mind stuff" of that person would either instantly or gradually shift to the most viable receptor (should one be available)

Remember, this energy would be transformed, so it would not be such a discernable change to the living, but imagine how wonderful it would be to somehow be within the mind of your child, influencing them an a greater conscience.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Coalesced Existence

Everything coalesces, eventually forming geometric patterns that adhere to different fractal series of replications based on stimuli and causality. Every given whole, that is created this way has an expiration date that is dictated by the strength of the now produced geometric structure. Said expiration date is then as well governed by the frequency and amplitude of everything in which surrounds said given whole. Every existence of coalesced matter, then becomes a building block that behaves similarly, in a coalescing fashion, repeating these steps.

Our DNA is simply one of these coalesced wholes, in which their molecular structure retains information that has been gathered, expired and re-introduced as to adhering to stimuli and/or its surroundings. In order for us to be conscious, our brains actively seek patterns consciously and unconsciously, that are based on the governing principals of the universe. These patterns are then compartmentalized, as to avoiding cognitive dissonance... now producing 'self'.

The active search for patterns is not to satisfy any questions of why. Rather, applying the notion of inquiry is to satisfy and rationalize the very act of learning and the coalescing of information in our brains.

Human Brain, Internet, and Cosmology: Similar Laws at Work?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thought I'd toss that in there for fun..
edit on 21-11-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional comment

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I believe a tear in the space/time continuum would be a discontinuity. In the immediate vicinity of the location of the tear, things such as television broadcasts, conversations in person, and cell phone calls, any sort of interaction would be detached from what is truly going on in the model of the universe we all know and reside in.

These interactions would suggest that there is indeed something bizarre occurring right now that is as of this moment 100% unexplainable. Then when the tear mends itself (Usually after 20-30 mins), the individual experiencing the anomaly is back in the original model with the knowledge of what occurred, and he is the only one that recalls what happened. Making it impossible to explain to anyone else.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

well if you want we can vote on it. I don't want to seem like I decide. Here is this though.

From the characteristic form of this giant molecule - a wound double helix - the DNA represents an ideal electromagnetic antenna. On one hand it is elongated and thus a blade antenna, which can take up very well electrical pulses. On the other hand, seen from above it has form of a ring and thus is a very good magnetical antenna.
www.fosar-bludorf.com...

the core of the idea is reincarnation, you use DNA as the means, but the core concept is reincarnation. It is said that the soul is basically the bodies electromagnetic field. That when we die we lose a measurable weight from the dissipation of this energy. You argue transference BY DNA to our genetic family. I don't know. Ask for a vote if you think it is different.

Don't feel bad, it is really hard, kind of the point to this.

edit on 21-11-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: FIX

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0

How does it account for the growing population? If the 'souls' are recycled in that manner. Seems a violation of simple math.

How so? Is not division simple math? The consciousness of one man our woman being divided amongst several children?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
Will take a stab. This is first draft-sort of a brain dump:

This is an extrapolation on a few concepts. One being the 'holographic universe' idea that all matter is projected into 3d space from outside of physical reality. The second is linguistic meaning-how words and meaning shape the person, third aspect is pursuit of meaning within personal perception and existence.

All physical reality is confined within its self defined boundaries. The human mind is no different-it takes input from the universe surrounding it and interprets said data in regards to it's comprised elements. To a person who is born to fanatically religious people-the world is obviously colored through the lenses of the faith they were indoctrinated to. If a person is abused-the world becomes hostile. To a person who never experiences hardships-the world is a soft place where they always expect to win.

If we are in fact projections comprising constituent elements that encase our identities then everything we experience changes the identity-each image and each word. Likewise, every interaction with others changes who they are. The ripple effect spreads from each point of causality.

Matter is simply energy in the solid state, this infers that there are layers of energy within the entire encased universe and accounts for entropy. Like the mind it can be inferred that physical reality gains input from sources outside of it's boundaries. Also like the mind this data takes the form of low-almost non-existent energy that causes changes and disturbances that also ripple inward. As the ripples decay, entropy takes over reducing the ripples-but leaving changes in tact. This is what time is-the projection and regression of ripple effects through reality. But, since high energy does not come into the 'system', eventually reality will fade until there is no longer energy resulting in an eventual collapse into a single point.

So, what happens to people and the identities when the universe ends? In the absence of spiritual proof: The collapse of the universe to the key point-the state before the big-bang: there is good chance that the compression of matter would result in one of a few configurations: when things are compressed they take formations naturally.

In tight summary: It can be construed that the universe does in fact repeat with minor variances. The minds that existed before will exist again on the next incarnation of the Universe-though perhaps with minor variances.

That was a quick brainstorm and toss out-if I get a chance I will flesh it out a bit.

this post is next. I will give some time before I TRY to see if it is like something else. I don't know if I will be able to. It looks pretty unique so far.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Original thought (Maybe):

Dying is a form of plagiarism:

the process of copying another person's idea or written work and claiming it as original

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

I don't see it as reincarnation... I view it as a more viable expansion of the concept of reincarnation. Traditional reincarnation is but an outline for cause and effect. Karma and the wheel of samsara thrusting individuals into mental states which follow the person like the cart follows the ox. Realms of hell, hungry spirits, etc are but poetic metaphors for the wheel of cause and effect. I believe the fundamentals if buddhist reincarnation are unfortunately misunderstood.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
so lordtyp0 -------sorry man. I think I bunked it.

DaveC426913

Apr21-06, 10:16 AM

Actually, there was an article a year or so back in Sci Am that pointed out that it doesn't need to take any time at all, let alone an infinite amount of time. It could be existing right now.

All it requires is that the universe be infinite in size. If you go in any direction for a certain distance (and they calculate the distance) you will HAVE to encounter a (subset of the) universe that is identical to this one.

They start quite simple. Imagine a universe in which there are only four atoms: A,B,C,D and only four locations for those atoms to exist: 1,2,3,4.
There are only a certain number of ways you could lay out this grid before you had to start repeating a pattern. This would happen in any direction you chose to go. You can derive a formula that says "with X atoms and Y spaces you can go only Z distance in any direction before you are forced to repeat the pattern of 4 atoms in 4 spaces".

(I'm not sure how they get around the obvious flaw in the argument: Who says the rest of that infinite universe has to have any atoms in it at all? Then you could repeat hard vacuum indefinitely without ever duplicating a pattern of atoms. I think there's some condition about large-scale homogeniety.)

Anyway, when you scale it up to universe size, the numbers (while very large) are not infinite. I think the number was something like 10^120 metres.

This means that, given the premise of a universe of infinite size, you could travel (let's say) 10^120 metres in any direction of your choosing, and land your spaceship next to an identical copy of yourself.

www.physicsforums.com...

if you disagree, explain your position and your idea stands. If not we move on.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

again, it is an expansion on another core idea. That the soul/ spirit/ or energy or however you want to call it is recycled and placed into a new "shell".

You can borrow from other concepts to make your idea, but the core of it has to be new.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

SO this is the next post in the thread that poses an original idea....or so we shall see. This is getting hard. You guys are good.

Coalesced Existence

Everything coalesces, eventually forming geometric patterns that adhere to different fractal series of replications based on stimuli and causality. Every given whole, that is created this way has an expiration date that is dictated by the strength of the now produced geometric structure. Said expiration date is then as well governed by the frequency and amplitude of everything in which surrounds said given whole. Every existence of coalesced matter, then becomes a building block that behaves similarly, in a coalescing fashion, repeating these steps.

Our DNA is simply one of these coalesced wholes, in which their molecular structure retains information that has been gathered, expired and re-introduced as to adhering to stimuli and/or its surroundings. In order for us to be conscious, our brains actively seek patterns consciously and unconsciously, that are based on the governing principals of the universe. These patterns are then compartmentalized, as to avoiding cognitive dissonance... now producing 'self'.

The active search for patterns is not to satisfy any questions of why. Rather, applying the notion of inquiry is to satisfy and rationalize the very act of learning and the coalescing of information in our brains.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Human senses are shaped and modified by early family positive or negative nurturing. I believe for both the physical and the esoteric such as intuition, spiritual, etc.
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

My post was not dependent on the size of the universe. In fact I disagree with the assertions in the quote in general:The size of the universe may be infinite but mass and matter are not. We have already observed the slow down of the expansion on the Universe due to gravitation and misc. effects. If it slows down it means a force is pulling on it from the originating direction. If it slows to 0 it is not a grasp of logic to presume the premise of the great collapse is forthcoming.

Though I am unsure of the content in relation to the post itself.

Philosophy is of course not dependent on substantiated proof-that is called Science

The core of the idea I presented is to explain phenomena like: Deja Vu, feeling like youve known a new friend for a lifetime. Etc. While offering a form of immortality not dependent on the existence of a God or spirits, though the door for such is open: "What is projecting in?"

edit to add:
I would actually counter that the last paragraph gives some additional logical proof to my assertion. But it is of course talking about one aspect of the idea. The idea itself is existence that repeats with minor variations-matter flows back to a source and becomes a new closed environment-the source in turn takes input from outside its own containment and changes etc. etc.

But again-Philosophy may be an attempt to study reality-but it is not nesc. based on evidence.
edit on 21-11-2012 by lordtyp0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

ok, ok. I see your point.

Let me see if I can find something more similar to your idea, if not yours is still first in line.

Sorry, MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS let's see if this holds its weight. your post is next.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

I do like.

However,

All physical reality is confined within its self defined boundaries.

That depends on the observer?

The human mind is no different-it takes input from the universe surrounding it and interprets said data in regards to it's comprised elements

No, we are all different, is your blue the same blue I see? Colour blindness has an input too.

To a person who is born to fanatically religious people-the world is obviously colored through the lenses of the faith they were indoctrinated to. If a person is abused-the world becomes hostile. To a person who never experiences hardships-the world is a soft place where they always expect to win.

Yes, the experiences we have open us up to our reality and the reality of others around us biased in the environment we are within. We do question, that ability to question is pure gold.

If we are in fact projections comprising constituent elements that encase our identities then everything we experience changes the identity-each image and each word. Likewise, every interaction with others changes who they are. The ripple effect spreads from each point of causality.

The ability not only to question but to reflect, aspire but also empathise..

Matter is simply energy in the solid state, this infers that there are layers of energy within the entire encased universe and accounts for entropy.

Order and chaos.

Matter is simply energy in the solid state, this infers that there are layers of energy within the entire encased universe and accounts for entropy. Like the mind it can be inferred that physical reality gains input from sources outside of it's boundaries. Also like the mind this data takes the form of low-almost non-existent energy that causes changes and disturbances that also ripple inward. As the ripples decay, entropy takes over reducing the ripples-but leaving changes in tact. This is what time is-the projection and regression of ripple effects through reality. But, since high energy does not come into the 'system', eventually reality will fade until there is no longer energy resulting in an eventual collapse into a single point.

Woooshhh!!! Straight over my head lol my friend. Can you relay that in 'stupid' persons terms.
...okay I raise a hand to that one.

So, what happens to people and the identities when the universe ends? In the absence of spiritual proof: The collapse of the universe to the key point-the state before the big-bang: there is good chance that the compression of matter would result in one of a few configurations: when things are compressed they take formations naturally.

I kind of thought all that matter came from another dying universe, wormholes gave birth to new stars etc in another too.

Our individual reality of being "me" I've no idea about.

In tight summary: It can be construed that the universe does in fact repeat with minor variances. The minds that existed before will exist again on the next incarnation of the Universe-though perhaps with minor variances.

With all the random possibilities, anything is possible. However the 'you' as in the mind is individual to the experiences carried through a life and possibly a result of time. Therefore a mind can't exist beyond it's own finite life?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Is there a deadline, or can this go on for months?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

when the last poster who had an original Idea ( in order of posts in this thread ) goes successfully unchallenged, he wins.

there could be another original Idea after his, but if his concept is not contested as not being original, his idea wins.

right now it is lordtyp0 with this concept. Is it original?

EDIT:
If it drags on beyond 2 days I guess I will just choose the most original ideas and have us vote. Maybe two winners. Lots of stars for original thinkers...... lol

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by jiggerj

when the last poster who had an original Idea ( in order of posts in this thread ) goes successfully unchallenged, he wins.

there could be another original Idea after his, but if his concept is not contested as not being original, his idea wins.

right now it is lordtyp0 with this concept. Is it original?

en.wikipedia.org...

Eternal return (also known as "eternal recurrence") is a concept which posits that the universe has been recurring, and will continue to recur, in a self-similar form an infinite number of times across infinite time or space. The concept is found in Indian philosophy and in ancient Egypt and was subsequently taken up by the Pythagoreans and Stoics.

Somewhat general... but I would argue that this theory is nothing new. Does not the recurrence of the big bang, imply a causality in which the very same 'mind may be reborn again? If one were to apply self-similarity? It almost goes with out saying..
edit on 21-11-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional comment

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Look, since we are going on originality here. The world is powered by unicorn farts from dimension x. They are the glue that binds us together. Unicorn farts holds us together and if the very fabric of our being.

Done and done.

Give me my god damned cookie.

You aren't going to get more original than that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join