It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel - Palestine Update Thread. No hate. Just updates.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
So the BBC have stated that Israel have called for 30,000 reserve troops and are planning possibly a nightime invasion of Gaza !

If this happened would the rest of the world take notice and stop them ?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

There is a man shouting in Arabic over a loud speaker, sounds like it could be a rally or protest? I don't know, the camera is showing the same cityscape we see.

More Loud speaker.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

I certainly hope so.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Shells are hitting Gaza as I type on the Reuters feed. Israel, has started another round of shelling.

reuters.livestation.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
explosions in Gaza on reuters,just now!!

I`ve been hearing the jets flying over as well.
edit on 16-11-2012 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
in the last couple of hours my opinion has changed. i dont think that this is any longer a "skirmish" that like previous ones has lasted a few day then things settle back to the ole "you send one..we send 5".

i absolutely fear that this is growing out of control. aljazeera reporting that egypt is facing growing presure to support the people of gaza.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Al Jazeera just reported another explosion in Tel Aviv.

Iron Dome seems to need some work imo-If its missing a few of these less sophisticated rockets,what change would it have against bigger more sophisticated missiles from Iran fo instance?

I would have expected Iron Dome to have no problems shooting down these rockets from Gaza,yet some are getting through.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
new tweets:

Joe Catron ‏@jncatron
Thousands March, In the West Bank, In Support Of #Gaza http://(link tracking not allowed)/UupDmk via @imemcnews #GazaUnderAttack

Gaza Youth Break Out ‏@GazaYBO
Explosion are heard every once in a while in different areas of #Gaza & toll rises to 21 martyrs & more than 180 injuries #GazaUnderAttack

Joe Catron ‏@jncatron
Another nearby explosion. I couldn't make out the direction of that one. #Gaza #GazaUnderAttack
Expand

1m Ali Hashem علي هاشم ‏@alihashem_tv
Israeli army spokesperson: A ground assault is under consideratio, the tenth division in the army was called to the outskirts of #Gaza
Expand

*will update

eta:

s
1m Yousef M. Aljamal ‏@YousefAljamal
Another airstrike reported in Al-Sabra area in #Gaza now by #Israel in #Palestine #GazaUnderAttack
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

2m Yousef M. Aljamal ‏@YousefAljamal
F16s are flying over at low attitudes now in #Gaza in #Palestine #Israel is killing us!
Expand

Yousef M. Aljamal ‏@YousefAljamal
Third HUGE explosion in Al-Nusirat refugee camp in #Gaza by #Israel #GazaUnderAttack #Palestine under attack NOW
Expand

1m Yousef M. Aljamal ‏@YousefAljamal
Airstrike reported in Al-Zaytoun Neighborhood in #Gaza by #Israel #GazaUnderAttack #Palestine #Freedom
Expand
Another HUGE explosion in #Nusirat refugee camp now #GazaUnderAttack in #Palestine by #Israel
Expand

3m Yousef M. Aljamal ‏@YousefAljamal
Initial reports: injuries in #Rafah in #Gaza
Expand

4m Yousef M. Aljamal ‏@YousefAljamal
HUGE explosion now in Al-Nusirat refugee camp where I live #Gaza #Palestine #Israel #GazaUnderAttack
Expand

4m Yousef M. Aljamal ‏@YousefAljamal
Airstrike reported in #Gaza city now #GazaUnderAttack #Palestine #Criminals
Expand

5m Yousef M. Aljamal ‏@YousefAljamal
Explosion heard in Al-Nusirat refugee camp where I live #Gaza #Palestine #GazaUnderAttack #HumanRights
Expand

6m Yousef M. Aljamal ‏@YousefAljamal
Airstrike reported NOW in #Rafah in #Gaza in #Palestine by #Israel #GazaUnderAttack #Crimes
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

7m Yousef M. Aljamal ‏@YousefAljamal
@JANE_mfds there was heavy shelling, awaken me up, but I had no electricity to tweet! #GazaUnderAttack
edit on 16-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comments

edit on 16-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I thought the very same thing. These Gazan rockets are carrying a 35lb warhead or something like that? Not a whole heck of a lot, and it's built with the simplest of materials in comparison.

link   

Originally posted by gps777
explosions in Gaza on reuters,just now!!

I`ve been hearing the jets flying over as well.

i am sorry to ask this if you have posted this info already...but are you in gaza or israel ?
edit on 16-11-2012 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Shelling going on during the Gazan call to prayer. Some sounded Really really close to the reuters feed.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I guess its possible that the Iron Dome system would be better at targeting bigger rockets-maybe these smaller homemade ones are small enough to get past the system from time to time..
Who knows..

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

In this link down the right hand side there is a graphic which shows how many rockets have been intercepted since the start of Operation Pillar.
news.nationalpost.com...

Large explosion then not long after lost the feed on reuters.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It looks like Egypt has committed to supporting Gaza:

live.reuters.com...

WWIII coming?

Thanks to all who are updating here.
I followed last night, and you provided a good way to catch-up on events this morning.

link   
reply to post by bellagirl

No I can hear them flying over on the feed.

I`m in Perth West Aussie

link   
new tweets:

Yousef M. Aljamal ‏@YousefAljamal
Other THREE NEWS airstrikes reported in #Rafah now in #Gaza by #Israel #GazaUnderAttack take action! Enough is enough!

In brief: Explosions in #Gaza are heard EVERYWHERE #GazaUnderAttack by #Israel #Palestine is fighting for #Freedom

*will update

**Update:

2m Gaza Youth Break Out ‏@GazaYBO
Rafah tunnels are being targeted now... #Gaza #GazaUnderAttack

Nora Shalaby ن. شلبي ‏@norashalaby
Germany joins the US and UK in blaming Hamas for Middle East escalation reut.rs... #Merkel #GazaUnderAttack

Saad M ‏@xSaady
Gaza city minutes ago #GazaUnderAttack pic.twitter.com/6hQZpUjy via @IsmaeilFadel

Eddy39 ‏@Eddy39
en.wikipedia.org... … remind you of anything #gazaunderattack

Gaza Youth Break Out ‏@GazaYBO
Last 5 minutes attacks; 5 explosions in Rafah, 2 east of Gaza, 2 Dier Albalah and 2 north of #Gaza.. #GazaUnderAttack
edit on 16-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comments

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Iran has a substantial quantity of missiles for one, as well can carry payloads in excess of 1000kg(2200lbs) and they are Super sonic.

The gazan rockets are 35lb warheads, and launched by the dozen or so and some get through.

Iran could potentially launch 10, 000 rockets at Israel given the need. It's pretty scary when a garage rocket get's through their " Ultimate Solution."

How ever it seems the Iron Dome was designed to fight the exact threat it's facing right now.
Iran has some pretty modern weapons... I think Israel would be very sore to think the Iron Dome will stop them.

At 2200lbs of explosives the casualties would be far worse than we see here.

I kind of assumed this is what you were hinting at, I'm going by known data too. If Iran is really hiding things, look out.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Hmm-so Iron Dome is actually not even getting close to 50% hit rate.
Although,it does not cover the whole of Israel I believe.
They are trying to get it set up quickly in parts of the South according to BBC news.
Here is that graphic you linked to:

edit on 16/11/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: tags

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

No I can hear them flying over on the feed.

I`m in Perth West Aussie

oh jeez..i saw the "aussie" in your avatar and thought you were there. you should be safe in perth.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Just saw 4 more explosions going off in Gazza

reuters.livestation.com...

Yeah I`ll be right bellagirl,can`t say the same for everyone involved in that mess over there.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join