It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Loose Cannon Fires! Teresa Heinz Kerry At it Again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Teresa Heinz Kerry is at it again. She rapidly apologised for a comment she made in an interview with the USA Today questioning if Laura Bush had ever had a job as an adult. Bush for the record was a teacher and a librarian.

Bush campaign adviser Karen Hughes said on CNN

"Well, I think it's very nice that she apologized, but in some ways the apology almost made the comment worse because she seems to have forgotten that being a mother is a real job"

THK has made a habbit out of shooting off her mouth. From telling a reporter to shove it, to her rambling "Im Rich, Love me" speech at the DNC, she is a loose cannon on the deck of the SS Kerry.

The First Lady of the United States needs to have class and poise. THK has neither. Hillary Clinton redefined the role of First Lady, and American voters need to consider this a part of deciding who they will vote for.

ATSNN Story: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10/21/04 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The word around the water cooler today is that all the stay at home moms, are pretty irate about the slap that THK took at them. I know that my wife works harder than a lot of others. THK might have apologized to Luara but she did not say a word about the stay at home mom's. I guess it's only a real job if you are an heiress and translator.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Hillary Clinton redefined the role of First Lady....

If I'd had more coffee, I'd find it quite humorous that FredT--one of our self-proclaimed Republican/Conservative contributors and Mod Extraordinaire--is holding up HC as the standard by which a future First Lady should be measured.

Yep, definitely need more coffee.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandge
Yep, definitely need more coffee.

heh heh, nice try but...........

Hillary Clinton did redefine the role. She was more of a policy maker and co-president than anything else. nancy Reagan was a force too, but much more behind the scenes and much less political. While I cannot stand her from a political standpoint, compared to THK, she carried herself with dignity and poise.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Terry Kerry is amazing. She insulted stay at home moms
and isn't sorry. She's such a snob. A bubble headed snob.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Maybe if Kerry wins the election, he can buy an Island and loose her on it

Im a Kerry supporter, but His wife has a mouth bigger than both her feet, cause she keeps putting them both in there!

Laura Bush is not near as bad with voicing her opinions, but LB has an attitude as well. She acts holier than thou quite a bit, and its always in that meek condisending tone.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Hillary Clinton did redefine the role. She was more of a policy maker and co-president than anything else.

Agreed. She was a hell of First Lady, and she would be a hell of a president, if she decided to run.

As for THK, she doesn't bother me at all. She reminds me of the crazy old aunt that most Southern families have lurking in their family tree.

Also, with Bush out of office, Stewart and Letterman will need someone to provide them with daily material, and THK seems to be the likely choice.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I'm not fond of Teresa Kerry myself. In my perfect world, Laura Bush and Teresa Kerry would switch husbands.

I think Laura Bush was a great first lady, too bad her husband gives her a bad name.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
That is one cannon which needs a muzzle....

Perhaps she'll get some poise once he's elected... I can put up with a bitch as first lady (we survived Hillary), as opposed to the alternative...(Bush as prez again....now THAT is scary!) THK just happens to also be a few crayons short of a box...but that's better than the Prez being likewise!!! (i.e. Dubya)

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Laura Bush stay at home mom? give me a break, this woman has never washed a load of laundry for herself or her family since the 70's. Real home makers please dont confuse your hard working self with the country club lifestyle Laura Bush has lived.

Teacher and librarian? Sure I'll give her that, but let's pull out the records and see how close THK was in making those comments. I bet Laura's resume hasnt been touched since those very same 70's.

Makes you wonder what this woman has been doing with her life other than loafting around. I believe she's a woman's step into a twilight zone that leads you right back to the 1950's.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Laura Bush stay at home mom? give me a break, this woman has never washed a load of laundry for herself or her family since the 70's.
Makes you wonder what this woman has been doing with her life other than loafting around

Betchya you are wrong about the laundry thing. Terry Kerry wouldn't
know a whites vs durables load of laundry, but I betchya Laura does.
Too bad we will never be able to settle this.

Laura loafing? Considering her position as First Lady of the Nation
for the past four years, and First Lady of Texas before that ... the
statement 'Laura loafing' is entirely off the mark. The positions of
First Lady of ANY state and First Lady of the country are VERY hectic
and involved. There are MANY meetings to attend, organization of
meetings and events, attending events, speeches to be organized
and made, and in the case of First Lady of America there are international
meetings and events that have to be coordinated and attended.
The First Lady of the nation also has to coordinate the White House
Christmas. It's not an easy thing to do. Preparations are started a
year in advance. Artists are interviewed from each state, decisions are
made on artwork and events and things are planned.

Laura isn't watching Oprah and eatting bonbons ya know.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
You gonna be a Freeper Republican now too!?!

Mrs. Kerry is a women of accomplishment who has a full professional resume, much the same as Mrs.Clinton. Both have raised extremely well rounded & poised & professional children concurrent to their professional accomplishments ( that I might add, are leagues ahead than most of our Freeper distrators here).
So while Laura took the path of least resistence in living off of family old money & took hobby jobs, all the while perfecting her pharmaceutical glaze, she can be forgotten to have done something.
If motherhood is the standard you want to judge first ladies by, go right ahead. Just don't forget Babs Bush produced Coke Heads, Nancy Reagan ( who ws the Republican co-President with "Smoking Man" Poppy Bush while Ronnie was having an Alheimers episode called his SECOND TERM) raised a Playboy centerfold, and the fine "Joker Smile" Laura Bush raised twins who are too stupid to avoid using fake ID's to get stoned drunk in public & falling down in the gutter.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have decided! I am no longer waffling! I want to see an AMERICAN looking woman as First Lady.
Not some snarky, self-agrandizing Neo-Zionist Pig!
We want a person who epitomizes what we are: American-Apple Pie-Motherly-Girl Next Door Type.
NOT Hot-headed Euro-trash-mouth longnose power mongers.
Women! Do you want your top executive socialite to be one with your values, or some Lieberman-esque monstrosity with un-american agendas?
American is as American does, lets keep it that way.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmaugX
I have decided! I am no longer waffling! I want to see an AMERICAN looking woman as First Lady.
Not some snarky, self-agrandizing Neo-Zionist Pig!
We want a person who epitomizes what we are: American-Apple Pie-Motherly-Girl Next Door Type.
NOT Hot-headed Euro-trash-mouth longnose power mongers.
Women! Do you want your top executive socialite to be one with your values, or some Lieberman-esque monstrosity with un-american agendas?
American is as American does, lets keep it that way.

As long as American women continue to bake pies, do laundry and carry the girl next door type then everything will remain peachy?

Would you classify Arnold Schwartznegger a hot-headed euro-trash-mouth longnose power monger?

Are you a republican still living in the 50's?

Can you believe Dick Cheney loves a lesbian?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Jesus.

How many threads on this subject are there

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
who says being a good wife is not a hard work - I found this article from Housekeeping Monthly, May 13, 1945. ( I have shortened it a bit.)

The Good Wife's Guide.

*Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a deleicious meal ready on time for his return.

* Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. he has just been with a lot of work-weary people.

*Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives.

* Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper, etc., and then run a dustcloth over the tables.

* Be happy to see him.

* Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first- remember his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

* Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or a warm drink ready for him.

* Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgement or integrity. Remember, he is master of the house and as such will always excercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

* A good wife knows her place.

Could someone please see that teresa gets this memo?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Jesus.

How many threads on this subject are there

My sentiments exactly
I would have thought a moderator would have noticed that there are already at least two threads (one in this forum and the other in the restricted forum) already referring to this and lock the thread. But the original author is a mod soooo...

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON
My sentiments exactly
I would have thought a moderator would have noticed that there are already at least two threads

Once again W, you come in much like a groupie chanting memorized rhetoric. Only one thing to say to you on this:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH Right over your head. Thanks for playing

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Laura Bush stay at home mom? give me a break, this woman has never washed a load of laundry for herself or her family since the 70's. Real home makers please dont confuse your hard working self with the country club lifestyle Laura Bush has lived.

Makes you wonder what this woman has been doing with her life other than loafting around. I believe she's a woman's step into a twilight zone that leads you right back to the 1950's.

You are missing the point entirely. What Laura Bush has done with her life is none of your business. The point being debated is THK's classless remarks, even though it has been made a much bigger issue because of all the women she managed to insult.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The Good Wife's Guide.
*Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a deleicious meal ready on time for his return.

* Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you'll be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh-looking. he has just been with a lot of work-weary people.

*Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives.

* Gather up schoolbooks, toys, paper, etc., and then run a dustcloth over the tables.

* Be happy to see him.

* Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first- remember his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

* Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or a warm drink ready for him.

* Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgement or integrity. Remember, he is master of the house and as such will always excercise his will with fairness and truthfulness. You have no right to question him.

* A good wife knows her place.

::BARFS::

top topics

<<   2 >>

join