It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear controls. But, doesn't happiness too?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Duality allows choice. Here is where we experience duality...therefore, the freedom to choose.

Fear-based emotions are contractative...'happiness'-based emotions are expansive.
Contraction, solidifies. Consider yourself contracted in emotion/thought, and you will 'hit' solidity.
Expansion, rarifies. Consider yourself expanded in emotion/thought, and you will not be met solidly by anything.

It's a choice.
We do the controlling.

A99

Will you correct that word?

Contractive?

Constrictive?

Either way, ever see anyone exchanging desired happiness for unwanted fear?

Happy based emotions are just as contractive/constrictive as fear, for as much as you want happiness, you do not want to lose your happiness.

You are deluding yourself because emotions only get in your way, no matter what the direction, and they are sourced from duality, which a duality based human construct is a Closed System and will self-destruct, as it is in the process of doing now.
But if you are human, it's hard to do away with emotions so control them or they will control you and the only way to control them is with Logic, not Perception.

Welcome to TEOTWAWKI, boarding rows 0 thru 0, so please have your boarding pass ready when you go thru the gates of Hell and thank you for flying with us and we look forward to crashing with you and being caught in a temporal wave that traps us in the greatest moment of heightened fear, repeating forever.

“Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has turned on the Fasten Seat Belt sign. If you haven’t already done so, please stow your carry-on luggage underneath the seat in front of you or in an overhead bin. Please take your seat and fasten your seat belt. And also make sure your seat back and folding trays are in their full upright position.

If you are seated next to an emergency exit, please read carefully the special instructions card located by your seat. If you do not wish to perform the functions described in the event of an emergency, please ask a flight attendant to reseat you.

At this time, we request that all mobile phones, pagers, radios and remote controlled toys be turned off for the full duration of the flight, as these items might interfere with the navigational and communication equipment on this aircraft. We request that all other electronic devices be turned off until we fly above -10,000 feet. We will notify you when it is safe to use such devices.

We remind you that this is a non-smoking flight. Smoking is prohibited on the entire aircraft, including the lavatories. Tampering with, disabling or destroying the lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited by law.

If you have any questions about our timeloop flight today, please don’t ask one of our flight attendants. They not only do not know the answer to your questions, they also don't give a damn! Thank you!”

Ribbit

edit on 14-11-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

Only if you correct your conceited attitude...deal?...didn't think so
...regardless, you know what the word means, despite its spelling, and we all know you are keen on mashing the spelling of words - you don' seem to have a problem with this, though...spelling police...pleeeeez

'Control', through logic is admirable...
Duality is necessary.

SHI-SHO
Perception is a combined activity in the human unit.

Feel the apathy...

A99

Tis you with you conceited attitude, since my question included TWO different possibilities and I did not ask you to fix the spelling error but rather to clarify WHICH WORD IS IT? Since either could work and your typo could have been either, so I asked which did you mean, which has nothing whatsoever to do with spelling nazis.

Perception is the Leprechaum behind the curtain of human stoopidity and the curtain is hung from within! - OTP

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mc4denmark
reply to post by Itisnowagain

If people just could say they believe in them self, and not listen to preachers and so on, we would come a long way.

I think this is the most clarity this thread has achieved so far on the subject......

Good job brother
a worthy message

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Since neither are actual words, my friend, and given that you know all, perhaps you could decide...contraction can be constriction...same thing the other way around...
...buttuglyredherring

The clue you missed was the comparison-word (used in context)...regardless, you knew what they meant...

...and stoopidity is recognised how?
...surely not with perception...

A99
edit on 14-11-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Fear and desire are the human condition.
Wanting what you don't have and not wanting what you do have is 'normal' for humans. It is the 'wanting' that is the suffering. Humans can't see that 'this' is complete so search for something elsewhere. They don't realize that there is nothing outside 'this experience' so if the experience is 'wanting' then lack is the feeling.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Since neither are actual words, my friend, and given that you know all, perhaps you could decide...contraction can be constriction...same thing the other way around...
...buttuglyredherring

The clue you missed was the comparison-word (used in context)...regardless, you knew what they meant...

...and stoopidity is recognised how?
...surely not with perception...

A99

Both are words but your "object" wasn't a word and I simply asked for you to clarify so I would not assume what you said, but you would rather assume. I do not work like that because that is how miscommunication occurs. I asked for clarification, you called me names.

You are seriously closed minded and don't know it.

Ribbit

Ps: When wrong is the teacher wrong is the student and everything you said about duality is wrong, so there were no clues to be found unless you buy into your falsities.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Fear and desire are the human condition.
Wanting what you don't have and not wanting what you do have is 'normal' for humans. It is the 'wanting' that is the suffering. Humans can't see that 'this' is complete so search for something elsewhere. They don't realize that there is nothing outside 'this experience' so if the experience is 'wanting' then lack is the feeling.

Before I argue your comment about there being nothing outside 'this experience' I would like you to expound on that comment, since I disagree with it as written but it does have merit, just not as I'm reading it.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

There are more experiences than your own.

To understand things other than human you have to take others perspectives into consideration.

You can't act like your perspective is the only true one because it's not.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

To understand things other than human you have to take others perspectives into consideration.

This thread is about happiness and fear control. These are 'your' personal feelings - no one else has to be taken in to consideration.
To find peace one does not have to worry about others.
It is only you who can break free. You cannot free another from the human condition.

You will never experience anything outside your experience so if you are fearing it is up to you to find a way out.
And can you be 100% sure that there are more experiences than your own - you will never know anyone elses.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

This thread is about happiness and fear control. These are 'your' personal feelings - no one else has to be taken in to consideration.
To find peace one does not have to worry about others.
It is only you who can break free. You cannot free another from the human condition.

You will never experience anything outside your experience so if you are fearing it is up to you to find a way out.

This thread is not about controlling your emotions it is about being controlled by your emotions.

I am not worried about others I am only trying to understand them. To understand someone you have to try to see from their perspective through your perspective.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

This thread is not about controlling your emotions it is about being controlled by your emotions.

I am not worried about others I am only trying to understand them. To understand someone you have to try to see from their perspective through your perspective.

I didn't say you can control emotions. I am explaining the human condition of fear and desire.

If you are trying to understand 'others' you have to understand yourself first. If you 'want' to understand 'others' you will suffer.
Only ever see through your eyes.

Why do you 'want' to understand 'others'?
In truth (non duality) there is no other.

The 'wanting' is suffering.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Itisnowagain not everyone will live their life behind the conceptual self. A person who is living in the world of duality will naturally seek to understand others. You need to realise not all are on your path to the source.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I want to understand others so that I can sharpen my awareness of them as being myself.

I may be suffering but at least I'm progressing.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Every person is seeking liberation. They don't realize that the unhappiness is part of the game of hide and seek.
The unhappiness that is felt is what pushes you toward liberation.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I want to understand others so that I can sharpen my awareness of them as being myself.

I may be suffering but at least I'm progressing.

The 'wanting' to understand is the suffering. You are 'the self' so why do you have to understand 'others'?
You will never understand 'others'. And if you do you will be 'standing under' (understand) them. You will be controlled by them.
Wake up Neo - you are The One.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Every person is seeking liberation. They don't realize that the unhappiness is part of the game of hide and seek.

Liberation only exist for the absolute. There is a path towards liberation. It begins with compassion and understanding

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

People need to come that understanding themselves. Everyones journey in life is unique. Although i understand what you are explaining not everyone will.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Liberation only exist for the absolute. There is a path towards liberation. It begins with compassion and understanding

There is no path to liberation. Compassion and understanding for 'others' will not free you.
Understanding the human condition may help free you but only if you look at your own conditioning.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

People need to come that understanding themselves. Everyones journey in life is unique. Although i understand what you are explaining not everyone will.

What is ATS for?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Liberation only exist for the absolute.

Is the 'absolute' separate from you?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Its for exploring. Its now and again a enlightening rather than painful experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join