It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant sonic boom felt and heard in Indianapolis Indiana(meteor? mass devastation Info blocade

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure why, but i might be leaning towards car bomb now...

It would seem that the blast would fall in line with that type of explosion..

up and out, that is why we are seeing the 2 houses destroyed..

and real damage done to the 2 closest on either side..

most of the blast went straight up and slightly out..

causing damage to the upper siding on the other close houses...

let's look at different angles..

lots of "up and out" damage here, maybe if we knew who lived there it might make the car bomb theory more plausible..

Hmmmmm.....
edit on 11-11-2012 by baddmove because: spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I remember a couple of years ago a similar neighborhood explosion in San Francisco suburb and it was caused by gas line explosion and days/weeks leading up to the explosion of gas smells in the area and gas company trucks in the neighborhood as well.....

www.nytimes.com...

But so far there has been no reports of gas smells and no gas leaks found in the Indianapolis explosion as far as I could read...,

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Yes that tree has burn damage...caused by the fire that actually took place in that photograph you published. There is no evidence that the fire in your pic was primary to a gas blast happening.. As a matter of fact the word "Gas" is absent from all reports and has been denied by the utility company....but...you still havnt addressed the pics I posted that show the trees undamaged while all else around them is in pieces....

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Could be a meth lab explosion. They can HUGE.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
I remember a couple of years ago a similar neighborhood explosion in San Francisco suburb and it was caused by gas line explosion and days/weeks leading up to the explosion of gas smells in the area and gas company trucks in the neighborhood as well.....

www.nytimes.com...

But so far there has been no reports of gas smells and no gas leaks found in the Indianapolis explosion as far as I could read...,

Actually, if you've read the entire thread, there have been live reports from members here who live in that area, of smelling rotten eggs.

The gas utility for that area specifically states that a leak will smell like rotten eggs

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by JrDavis
reply to post by HIWATT

What are you talking about? I'm talking about the bright ball that's obviously coming out of the ground behind the trees.

-

You didn't read my response obviously. I DID refer to the bright what light. It's evident in front of the firemen (possibly from a truck mounted lamp) and the white ball of light where the house once was could simply be an EMT or whomever also with a super bright flashlight such as what firemen use in emergencies ... bright light inside smoke plume = what you see there.....

I suppose it's possible that it is in fact Supermans long lost brother who has just now arrived, and that bright light is the emergency beacon flashing when he popped the lid off his meteorite hot rod spaceship....

edit on 11-11-2012 by HIWATT because: add

No I read your post. It makes no sense.

Do you see the smoke? Is that from the spot light too? Or the truck? Or the EMT that is in the crater where the thing is glowing?

It's incomplete combustion. The smoke is from sulfur reaction.

Here's a good one. The smoke is darker near the eruption.

Although these are volcanic eruptions this is what sulfur burning looks like.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Again, I live and work very near the sight. I have heard no one say they smell rotten eggs nor have I smelled rotten eggs. I have heard someone say they smelled sulfur

link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I dont see an impact crater.....am i blind or what?

I have near perfect vision and I don't see one either.

I think you're ok

Here's is the outline of the impact crater I'm seeing, which they had the cover of the night to clear up as they sent all responders out very early.

edit on 11-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2012 by Maskander because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by usaman1983

www.nytimes.com...

Actually, if you've read the entire thread, there have been live reports from members here who live in that area, of smelling rotten eggs.

The gas utility for that area specifically states that a leak will smell like rotten eggs

I have read the whole thread...and note that the utility company have stated it was not a gas explosion..nor have any other authorities....unless Ive missed that post and perhaps you could point it out to me...thanks....oh and perhaps address my point about the photographs posted that show the trees undamaged, not from the pic you posted but from those just after the event..

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by HIWATT

Yes that tree has burn damage...caused by the fire that actually took place in that photograph you published. There is no evidence that the fire in your pic was primary to a gas blast happening.. As a matter of fact the word "Gas" is absent from all reports and has been denied by the utility company....but...you still havnt addressed the pics I posted that show the trees undamaged while all else around them is in pieces....

1. I never said that the fire damage to the tree had anything to do with gas. Just fire.

2. I haven't seen any link/report where CEG has denied any leaks.

3. I did respond to the fact the trees were undamaged (possibly to another members post however):

It's pretty simple.

Wood used to make a house is dead, and dry.

Wood from a living tree is moist.

Trees also have roots.

Houses don't.

When a house EXPLODES, the DEAD DRY wood will CATCH FIRE

A tree, by contrast, which is still alive, is moist, and is rooted in the ground via a main trunk that is fairly flexible -- is much more immune to the same kind of damage.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

reply to post by HIWATT

1. I never said that the fire damage to the tree had anything to do with gas. Just fire.

3. I did respond to the fact the trees were undamaged (possibly to another members post however):

It's pretty simple.

Trees also have roots.

Houses don't.

A tree, by contrast, which is still alive, is moist, and is rooted in the ground via a main trunk that is fairly flexible -- is much more immune to the same kind of damage.

here are 2 different angles..look at the trees...

edit on 11-11-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

Sad to think that people are humiliated at airports - 'for their protection', yet we can't seem to shut-down a residential meth-lab that is so huge, it shakes houses dozens of miles away...

It just seems like a meth-lab, the size required to produce such a devistating explosion, would be easy to spot... the products and tools used to create that stuff are pretty obvious... not to mention the bi-products produced during the manufacture... the smell, etc...

It is probably as good as any idea, but I just can't see that being the cause... if it were the cause, then - aside from the lives lost, the injuries, and destruction of family homes - I am glad it exploded and relieved us all from one less criminal, who is helping to destroy our friends' and families' lives.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

See my response directly under your last.

With regards to CEG either confirming or denying there was a gas leak, I have not seen a link/report of that.

If you have one please share it.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Yeah, I just read about her, and how she's cointelpro and a disinfo agent. Makes sense. I looked on the Russian site she links to and nowhere does it talk about anything like what she says. How would she know what goes on at the Kremlin?
edit on 11-11-2012 by sebHFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Maskander

So.... you are trying to say that there was a crater there during the night but once daylight came, the crater had disappeared??

I dont think so....

But I gotta say that the blast is a huge one!

I doubt that its a car bomb either.... why blow some car up in a quiet street? You'd want to cause as much harm as possible like they do in Iraq, Afghanistan or Syria

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

A bit after I posted the possibility, they ruled it out and confirmed a gas leak.

Not a bad idea, but no cigar as it turns out.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Do you have one confirming there are leaks?

I mean if you don't then we can rule out gas leaks.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dangerish

You do realize the smell they add to natural gas to warn you of it's presence is sulfur dioxide right? Which smells like what? That's right, rotten eggs chief.

Saying it didn't smell like rotten eggs as an argument against a gas blast is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

reply to post by HIWATT

It's pretty simple.

Trees also have roots.

Houses don't.

here are 2 different angles..look at the trees...

edit on 11-11-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

I see them. What point are you making?

I also see green grass beyond the immediate blast/burn zone.

That area is also littered with unburnt wood left over from the homes which blew out during the blast.

Not sure what is so hard to understand here. There was a blast, then a fire. 2 homes exploded. Some trees which were partially burnt survived.

??

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

The outline of the charred area, spanning the length of several houses, reminds me of Flight 93 and the gash in the ground it allegedly caused. The debris offers no proof against the idea, since there was similar debris at the site of Flight 93.

I do wonder if a plane may have been flying straight down when it hit the ground... the char pattern certainly does look like the shape of a fuselage and the wings.

Hitting nose first, between the 2 completely destroyed homes, the wings would have impacted the homes on either side and maybe produced the patter we see there... just speculation on my part, no way to prove it as true though.
edit on 11-11-2012 by esteay812 because: tyops

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join