It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supports UN global gun ban less than 24 hours after reelection

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
reply to post by jjkenobi

The criminals will always have guns because they DON'T OBEY THE LAWS. That's why they are criminals. It just means the rest of us will be defenseless

We Civilians shouldn't possess guns . There are cops to protect us from Criminals . We cannot take law into our own hand .

Cops to protect us??? What planet are you living on? If someone were to break into my home and threaten the lives of me and mine, how long do you think it would take for the cops to get to my house out in the country? I would probably be dead before they even arrived!! No thanks, my weapon would probably save my life and the lives of my children...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I would love to see the link. Did I miss it. This is something I would like to read from a reliable source....well as reliable as possible

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
PR news wire. US news wire.

Obama administration has finally started showing their stripes. They have joined a coalition of other nations at the UN in pushing a global gun ban.

Not much else needs to be said.

Sorry,
Can't find details yet but it's PR News.
Link won't attach.
Sacbee.com. Unedited newswire

link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
PR news.

Obama administration has finally started showing their stripes. They have joined a coalition of other nations at the UN in pushing a global gun ban.

Not much else needs to be said.

Sorry,
Can't find details yet but it's PR News.
Link won't attach.

I really hope this is true, this will be excellent

link   
This was a huge news item in July. I see nothing recent in the news. We all know that Obama is from Chicago. We all know that there are strict gun laws in that state and we all know that there is a huge body count in Chicago. Most people fear that Obama & Co. are going to try for the guns. Yet, after the Colorado movie shooting, Coloradans were polled and they didn't want stricter gun control. So I think the American people are very pro-second amendment. I really don't think that the American people have much respect for the UN- basically most think they can go sh** in their hat.

Stricter gun control or gun bans will come in a sneakier manner. This admin is smarter then that. One bite at a time is how they will implement gun bans.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

The criminals will always have guns because they DON'T OBEY THE LAWS. That's why they are criminals. It just means the rest of us will be defenseless

We Civilians shouldn't possess guns . There are cops to protect us from Criminals . We cannot take law into our own hand .

God I hope you are not American. That is just sad and pathetic,,,,,,,,,,

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

I would love to see the link. Did I miss it. This is something I would like to read from a reliable source....well as reliable as possible

Does Reuters count? Seems to be valid, but not quite a gun grab yet.

www.reuters.com...
edit on 8-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

Oooh and it's here too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Does Reuters count? Seems to be valid, but not quite a gun grab yet.

www.reuters.com...

Oooh and it's here too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yep, missed that thread.
Guess its old news here.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Lol that something an hour old is considered 'old news'!

link   
one thing is to pass a law, the other is to enforce it.

I cannot see taking away small arms as anything less than a catalyst into civil war at worst, or in its least effect, as a wakeup call to those who still trust the current government. The US alone would resist with every single gun owner simply hiding their guns for the most part. The first trial and sentencing will cause bloodshed. That may be what they want. You can't enforce this though. Not without completely throwing the US constitution out the window.

To do that you have to be ready to install a new power, with a strong leader(stronger than any PC president we have seen in recent years). Caesar couldn't replace the senate in Rome without first outclassing everyone in power politically, and he had an army.

The only thing this will do is make the UN, an entity relatively unknown to the average US citizen beyond the odd news update, into a symbol of interference and medaling form abroad.

I tell you the US will not stand for this. This idea has more than an uphill battle, they have a mountain to tunnel through with BS hand shovels in the name of "safety". Yeah, because that will really make people surrender the power of a fire arm in your hands. Think to the emotion. That is better than a fortune teller /a time machine, and psychic in terms of public response.

This will not work. Even if God himself asks us to get rid of guns.

These sort of measures only serve to make a fool out of anyone proposing them. It shows how little actual power is held over people by their elected. THAT is dangerous for them, not small arms..

Big mistake. I say let them make it. They need a reality check every now and again, or we end up Nero's in power. Full of BS ideas complementing their protagonism, as well as their insanity.

edit on 8-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Are you talking about that constitution nonsense? You must not have gotten the memo about it's death spiral. It has been circling the drain for some time, now with nothing to lose watch the unconstitutional agreements and executive orders fly.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
since i have to be nice...PLEASE read what the actual treaty document says, PLEASE note that the united states government (obama) has informed the UN that this IN NO WAY will apply to second amendment rights of the citizens of the united states....PLEASE note the treaty is to limit the sales of arms to anyone in the world...say...like...terrorists!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
reply to post by ldyserenity

Are you talking about that constitution nonsense? You must not have gotten the memo about it's death spiral. It has been circling the drain for some time, now with nothing to lose watch the unconstitutional agreements and executive orders fly.

I agree with posters who say that would be call to a bloody civil war... Once they start attacking possession of guns rights, believe me they are gonna have some problems, too many people would get really ticked and take their guns right to the WH and I dont mean to turn them in.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Yes, the OP title is a bit misleading.

An official at the U.S. mission said Washington's objectives have not changed. "We seek a treaty that contributes to international security by fighting illicit arms trafficking and proliferation, protects the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade, and meets the concerns that we have been articulating throughout," the official said. "We will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms," he said.

U.S. officials have acknowledged privately that the treaty under discussion would have no effect on domestic gun sales and ownership because it would apply only to exports.

www.reuters.com...

No reason to panic just yet, gun owners of America.

edit on 8-11-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by manykapao
one thing is to pass a law, the other is to enforce it.

I cannot see taking away small arms as anything less than a catalyst into civil war at worst, or in its least effect, as a wakeup call to those who still trust the current government. The US alone would resist with every single gun owner simply hiding their guns for the most part.

They have all the time in the world though, there won't (in my opinion) be an overnight gun grab.

Stick up the taxes on ammo, slowly and slowly. Price people out.

And then convince this generation, through social media and cultural programming that guns are bad mmmkay and no-one needs one, and you can trust the government. Rely on the government for everything and to keep you safe. They're nearly there already.

This won't be a series of night raids, this is your children and your childrens children they're relying on not wanting guns.

They won't come and take them away, they'll make people not even want them. And that should be more terrifying.

My opinion of course might be wrong.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Oh and you just expect the cops to always be there when you need them.

99% of them time when your life is in mortal danger there wont be a cop around.

In those situations you need to take things into your own hands or you wont last long.

Relying on the police to swoop in and save you in the nick of time will end with you dead.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

yes, but even with its insignificance to leaders and policy, you can't say it is nonexistent. When it is replaced, then fine, until then it can come back.

It is like throwing a cigarette butt in a bin full of tissue paper and spitting at it, without looking back. It might be out, but that fire can catch. It is still not out of the question. Being a constitutionalist is just now becoming a crime, it hasn't been morally inscribed into the average person yet.

Impatience with policy and rushing to meet deadlines means you make mistakes, like saying the constitution has been rendered obsolete. Maybe it is side tracked now, but get a charismatic person with strong public support, and he can not only bring it back, but use it for the public's intended vision of it.

Not to mention that I don't think that the criminality of making a constitutionalist into a morally questionable person will catch on. There is no PR campaign that can do that. They hurt no one, and do stand to help the average person, so they will ALWAYS have support. The ones trying to imply criminality to that person will ALWAYS make enemies of the majority of the people.

edit on 8-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Isn't global gun ban a good idea ?

No its not. Gun ownership helps prevent governments from transforming into a TYRANNICAL BEAST !!

I see that's working well for us so far . . .

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Its sad and pathetic to see your love for Guns . The same guns which kill innocent Souls . The same guns which were used in Mass Murder . A disciplined higher society believes in Rule of Law and prohibits guns from Civilian Hand .

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Here's another link
US Government Backs UN Arms Treaty and Bombs Yemen Hours After Obama Win

theintelhub.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join