It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations Gary Johnson, 1,000,000 Votes (1% Popular Vote)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Way to go Gary Johnson! Game well played.

Did Obama invite you to the party?

Gary Johnson Pulls One Million Votes, One Percent J.D. Tuccille

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
S&F thank you for posting this ..I have to say I did not like either Romney Or Obama but i truthfully did not want Obama to win ..I hate that our country votes for popularity for the ROCK STAR , instead of who can do the job better ...SAD SAD DAY for our country ..

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I voted Johnson b/c I did not like either candidate- well I like obama but I can't forgive him and just vote for him again....
I was glad to see he pulled about 1% in this area.

Only way I will ever get to be part of any 1%

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
well we can still go for 2016

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

I wondered how long it would take for this thread to pop up... Romney lost and now his supporters need a scapegoat to lay the blame upon. Kinda like how Obama blames everything for his firat four years on Bush, huh? Would it have really made a difference in the electoral college if the 1% of the vote Gary Johnson pulled had cast their vote behind one of the "lesser of two evils?" Not hardly...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
There will never be a viable 3rd party choice. You wasted your vote wanting Paul or Johnson and we will now have O to finish the destruction of the health care system, the destruction of the military and related industries, the destruction of the energy sector particularly oil, natural gas and coal and complete regulation of the Internet per Hollywood's demands. God only knows what he will hand over to the FU at the UN.

We are scheduled to hit our borrowing limit in December and the credit rating agencies will downgrade us farther. Can or will lenders say no and push us into bankruptcy?

Ron Paul was my congressman and I'm glad he is retiring. Republican Randy Weber is leading former U.S. Rep. Nick Lampson, a Democrat for Paul's seat.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SumerianSoldier

Yes, thank you for the Obama Supreme Court.

Retirement Aged Justices:
Antonin Scalia (conservative) - age 76
Anthony Kennedy (moderate) - age 76
Ruth Bader Ginsburg (liberal) - age 79

Obama Appointed Supreme Court Justices:
Elena Kagan (liberal) - age 52
Sonia Sotomayor (liberal) - age 56

5 Supreme Court Justices and Obamacare...Thanks friend!

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
There will never be a viable 3rd party choice. You wasted your vote wanting Paul or Johnson and we will now have O to finish the destruction of the health care system, the destruction of the military and related industries,

Are you serious?!? The destruction of the military?!?

I dont even think that is possible with how much is invested into our military. Even if Obama cut ALL funding to the military, it would still be the most powerful for many years.

2012 military spending by country

Oh and you can thank 9/11

(notice the jump after 2001.)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

We could start a motorcycle gang. Sons of ATS.

Congrats to Johnson. I would like to see 3rd party become viable and am proud of anyone who voted their conscience.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I was proud to be apart of the 1% that tried to take on the 1% that seek to destroy us all......can't say it was fair fight, but we got in a few good swings......

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
My husband and I voted for Gary Johnson yesterday, probably the only votes he got in this small, rural county. However, we could not, in good conscience, vote for either Obama or Romney. Both of them are just awful. Even seeing them on TV spouting off their BS made my stomach turn. Now we get 4 more years of somebody we know is a proven liar. How super for all of us.

We did not waste our votes. We voted our conscience, and did not play the numbers game. Those of you who did are complicit in this shell game to sucker in Americans to their eventual downgrade to banana republic status.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
There will never be a viable 3rd party choice. You wasted your vote wanting Paul or Johnson and we will now have O to finish the destruction of the health care system, the destruction of the military and related industries, the destruction of the energy sector particularly oil, natural gas and coal and complete regulation of the Internet per Hollywood's demands. God only knows what he will hand over to the FU at the UN.

We are scheduled to hit our borrowing limit in December and the credit rating agencies will downgrade us farther. Can or will lenders say no and push us into bankruptcy?

Ron Paul was my congressman and I'm glad he is retiring. Republican Randy Weber is leading former U.S. Rep. Nick Lampson, a Democrat for Paul's seat.

WE DID NOT WASTE OUR VOTE!!! How offensive!!!!! Now having a bowel movement and flushing is called waste......Our vote is our right! Our decision, how can you say a vote for who you wanted us to vote for is a waste?? I'm sure I am echoing what many who voted 3rd party are feeling about this statement.

Don't bother to reply, I will not come back to this thread....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SumerianSoldier

I wondered how long it would take for this thread to pop up... Romney lost and now his supporters need a scapegoat to lay the blame upon. Kinda like how Obama blames everything for his firat four years on Bush, huh? Would it have really made a difference in the electoral college if the 1% of the vote Gary Johnson pulled had cast their vote behind one of the "lesser of two evils?" Not hardly...

Wth are you talking about, the OP didnt blame anything on anybody, he simply said congratulations Gary Johnson.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Good for him.

It will show that we do indeed need more choices.

I voted for Obama and you can trash me if you want but this election raised a lot of good points about our political system.

I see that Jesse Ventura's supporters are complaining on Facebook about Obama and Romney. Jesse had a good opportunity to step in and offer a 3rd party choice. He squandered it.

There's always 2016 though.

I'm optimistic either way. That's all you really can be, regardless of whom you vote for.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm in michigan, and had to write his name in

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Words can't express my disappointment. 1 million is a joke of a number. I truly start to question whether most people even realize there are more than 2 parties. I mean I'd guess you'd never really know by watching the media coverage.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by acacko
I'm in michigan, and had to write his name in

He wasn't on your ballot even?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I swear to god more than 1,000,000 cast their vote for Johnson. I'm not just saying that out of emotion, I really don't care that much and honestly wasn't sure if I would actually vote for him, Jill Stein, or write-in Ron Paul until I walked up to the booth. But just speaking objectively as an observer over the past few months.. more than a million voted for Johnson. I've probably seen about a million just on the internet talk about how they'll vote for him.. and I'm not even that much of an internet junkie. I call bull#

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Disappointed....

I was really-really hoping for the 5%. I guess we Libertarians just have to buck up, dig in our pockets and beat our feet on the streets for 2016. I am not ready to let go of what I think is the answer we need.

Best of luck everyone! Keep your head up and your eyes on the prize! I'm gonna keep trying to do the best I can do and am planning to be a LOT more involved next time. Our principals are solid...we just need to inform people and get them to understand what it all means.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
On Monday, Gary Johnson said Obama will beat Romney.
Gary Johnson said Obama will win reelection

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join