It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Mitt Romney becomes irrelevant, Ron Paul tinkers with invitations to speak on the global stage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy
Ron Paul is too old to be relevant.

It would be wise to take advice from your own signature.

That hope is not a strategy.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Dear DeadSeraph,

You came across as a passionate, serious, poster. Great stuff, I have nothing but compliments for you. And we are twin souls in that we believe the root issue is freedom. That is the underlying trademark of America and what makes it unique. When we lose that, the world will start to go dark.

The way I see it, Pauls policies were frightening to the average person because the average person doesn't understand that he'd also have to contend against the Senate/Congress and the Supreme Court. He couldn't change America over night,
Excellent point. If America has the time, and I don't think we do, I'd like to see Paul as a party spokesman, starting tomorrow, raising up candidates at the local and state level. It may be a slow process, but win a Governorship or two, a few Congressional seats, and the Paul revolution is on the way.

With respect,
Charles1952

Unfortunately it's become clear that the 2 party system isn't interested in liberty/freedom. Both parties are interested in the same corporately funded circus they've been performing in for decades. Paul tried to change that by running as a republican (as opposed to running as a 3rd party candidate as he had in the past). While Paul was largely successful in communicating his ideals, it was clear from the outset that the republican party had strayed so far from it's roots that they were willing to squash Paul's chances at any cost.

I challenge any republican on this website to prove me wrong in regards to traditional republican policies on such subjects as interventionism, fiscal responsibility, size of government, and constitutional reform.
edit on 6-11-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I challenge any republican on this website to prove me wrong in regards to traditional republican policies on such subjects as interventionism, fiscal responsibility, size of government, and constitutional reform.

never gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well, you will get some that will lie, but yes, the Republican Party no longer represents conservatives. But what Ron Paul has to do is step aside and let someone else lead the Revolution against the two party system. Be part of it, but let someone else lead.

Ron Paul is a good man, with great ideas, but lets not center it around him. Time to get people in your own communities into politics with libertarian ideals.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Well, you will get some that will lie, but yes, the Republican Party no longer represents conservatives. But what Ron Paul has to do is step aside and let someone else lead the Revolution against the two party system. Be part of it, but let someone else lead.

Ron Paul is a good man, with great ideas, but lets not center it around him. Time to get people in your own communities into politics with libertarian ideals.

I completely agree, sir. But the problem is that Paul's voting record speaks for itself. He is a man of principle, who sticks by his ideals. Find me even one person to take up that torch? His own son doesn't even seem capable.

Edit to Add:

Ben Swann for president?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Aren't predictions wonderful?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Im convinced that if the elections and the RNC\DNC electorial colledge ect.... was not so swayed and currupted , and truely one vote for each American, Ron Paul would have won. somewhere the hearts and in the back of minds worldwide this maybe true, just enough where speaking on a world stage maybe just the medicine us humans need... Just a thought though not to ruffle feathers

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I'm annoyed with Ron Paul.

I'm annoyed that he didn't tell the crooked GOP heiarchy where to go, when they stitched him up like a kipper during the nomination rounds.

If he would have only ran on an independent ticket, an independent who is apparently more of a republican than the GOP leadership will ever be too.

He would have had a landslide victory, and would be the next POTUS.

It would have been a new era in US and world politics...but regardless of how many people heard Ron Paul's message..without the right leadership at the helm...the headlines from his campaigne will be tomorrows chip wrappings...nothing will change for the better.

Around and around the red and blue flag waving political talking heads will go in elections to come, and deeper and deeper into the mire will we all sink.

Ron Paul has missed the boat...and the dinghy he and the world are paddling about in is taking on water.

Should have gone on your own Ron...too bad.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

And you never will be.

Neither old, nor relevant.

You've seen to that.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

You underestimate the power of persuasion held by the media.

I can tell you that had he gone on his own, he'd have been taken out, if only by looney tune slander and defamation.

There is no way they would allow him to physically manifest.

His ideas are lethal poison to the nwo, to the POTUS, and his minions above and below.

Too bad he planted seeds, and by having the zionista plaster his face on television monitor screens with the caption 'Psycho Talk' under his face (his gracious host was cavuto, neil, as seen on FOX), one could say that they assured his classic thought a place in history. They are so easy to manipulate. It's rather as if he exported the Constitution to the world.

Therefore, the UN will become a new obama tack, catchword, meme, sound byte. Listen for it. They know it's out of control. Poor barry. What a thing to wake up to. Wise from day one.

Now he's gotta speak tomorrow. He's going to have to deliver that fired up speaking style, while dropping every sort of new 'direction toward recovery' meme, memes which will include the UN sound bytes, eventually, if only by their absence....global this, global that, every link a sub rosa speedway straight to the UN!

Just listen for it. First there'll be bluster and presidential 2nd term 'consolidation' gloating. But he will have to talk about the UN, in nothing less than glowing terms. Sooner or later, he's gotta break down and sing. They do, after all, intend to cede many sovereign privileges we as a nation enjoy, to the UN, do they not? Internet (free speech), that's amendment 1. OK, the UN (hillary pinch hit for this one) also wants lists of gun owners....hmmmm, that's amendment 2.

Am I missing anything? You see, these terms necessarily include ceding sovereignty, and they know it. What's next? What happens if Jimmy puts down his drink, finally, and quite willingly masses to suppress our sovereignty?

Then we'll have problems. Someone will, at any rate. The more I think about it, the more I'm expecting to turn on the television monitor and hear we have a new president....

Careful man there's a beverage here.....

edit on 7-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

I'm annoyed with Ron Paul.

I'm annoyed that he didn't tell the crooked GOP heiarchy where to go, when they stitched him up like a kipper during the nomination rounds.

If he would have only ran on an independent ticket, an independent who is apparently more of a republican than the GOP leadership will ever be too.

He would have had a landslide victory, and would be the next POTUS.

It would have been a new era in US and world politics...but regardless of how many people heard Ron Paul's message..without the right leadership at the helm...the headlines from his campaigne will be tomorrows chip wrappings...nothing will change for the better.

Around and around the red and blue flag waving political talking heads will go in elections to come, and deeper and deeper into the mire will we all sink.

Ron Paul has missed the boat...and the dinghy he and the world are paddling about in is taking on water.

Should have gone on your own Ron...too bad.

Don't really understand what there is to be mad about, he went with the route that got the message out there the best. Its not about his ego, its about the message.

If he went independent, he would've been just as much ignored as Gary Johnson was. Some people would've caught on and joined the bandwagon via the internet because of name recognition but that was as far as he could go. Being in the Republican primaries and participating in every debate gave him a stage to stand on and ears to speak to, Republicans have to agree with at least half of his policies because fiscal conservatism is their 'so called party platform'.

After that, he could've went independent but he wouldn't have been eligible for enough states to win the election, regardless of write-ins, he was in a tough position and he also had his son Rand Paul's future to consider.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't know if it will make any difference, Ron has been making perfect sense for 20 years in regards to the FED and how to better handle country's interests over seas to benefit the American people and taxpayers, who are as a majority percentage of the people the poorest and the unemployed.

slow game long game, NO GAME while politics, media and corporations are uncountably at the top.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
I don't know if it will make any difference, Ron has been making perfect sense for 20 years in regards to the FED and how to better handle country's interests over seas to benefit the American people and taxpayers, who are as a majority percentage of the people the poorest and the unemployed.

slow game long game, NO GAME while politics, media and corporations are uncountably at the top.

In the decades that RP has been talking the same game, his message didn't get picked up until he ran for President. It wasn't only about his timing, it was about America's timing. Bush just ended his term, all of the 'Patriotic Americans' who were against the Constitution-destroying Bush administration were looking for a breath of fresh air...enter Dr. Ron Paul, Champion of the Constitution.

Look how far Ron Paul's message got since he ran in 2008. Hundreds of Young Americans for Liberty chapters, liberty organizations all over the world. One of TIME's 100 most influential people. One of the top most coveted endorsements on Capitol Hill. The man who made 11 endorsements this election and 8 of them won. 75% of America now are aware of the federal reserve and support an audit of it.

Ron Paul, a 77 year old, white, Christian Texan, can pull crowds of thousands of people of all colors and ages in a REPUBLICAN primary, in LIBERAL universities like UCLA and Berkeley, despite media manipulation.

So come on now...it won't make a difference? I think he's made quite of a bit of a difference.

In the end, it isn't about the man, it is about the message. The reason people like him so much is because he adheres to this message so closely and never wavers, he is the epitome of 'lead by example'. It is the same reason why it is so hard for people to imagine another Ron Paul because somebody like him only comes around every generation, if we're so lucky.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Ron Paul is irrelevant.

2nd

Dr. Paul cost your dear Romney the election! Ron Pauls support is strong in this country! Well, I should clarify that Romneys fraud against Dr. Paul cost him the election!
edit on 8-11-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

That sir or madam, was an excellent post and you are right.

I was simply referring to the fact that a man who knows exactly what hes talking about, whos message has been ignored for a long time, and old man now, cant afford to play a long game much longer than thats a such a shame.

You are absolutely correct about the message and not the man, but when Rons not there to make it, someones going to have to try and fill his shoes and carry that message on.

The long game indeed is still going to be a long one, but its the good and right one, I hope that it works one day and that its not a day too late.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Just ran across an interview with Dr. Paul. Putting what I think is a reasonable interpretation on the matter, the good Doctor is giving up, is really upset with Obama's victory, and is, in effect, blaming Ron Paul supporters for destroying the country.

I know that sounds odd, but what other conclusion do you draw?

www.washingtontimes.com...

Rep. Ron Paul, whose maverick presidential bids shook the GOP, said in the wake of this week's elections that the country has already veered over the fiscal cliff and he sees no chance of righting ship in a country where too many people are dependent on government.

"We're so far gone. We're over the cliff," the Texas Republican told Bloomberg Television's "In the Loop" program. "We cannot get enough people in Congress in the next 5-10 years who will do wise things."

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Run your mouth in front of the Veterans and see how fast you meet your maker.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I do agree that Ron Paul - himself - is too old to be relevant, but there will certainly be proteges and understudies who will carry the torch.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crossingtherubicon

You might be right, and it's always good to be hopeful, but Paul said it's too late. Check my post about two up from here.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Heh heh heh cool post! Ron is such a rock star he should do world tour...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join