It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Mitt Romney becomes irrelevant, Ron Paul tinkers with invitations to speak on the global stage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Books, lectures, tours, political/educational organizations, a grassroots that is embedding itself into the political system throughout the nation, and a message that is self-reverberating. At the age of 77 Ron Paul still refuses to retire, not when there is so much to do...and continues to spread the message of liberty, sound money, smaller government, Constitution, and inspiring millions to fight for principle, conviction, integrity, and honesty. Romney will go the route of failed presidential candidates like John McCain and nobody will care about him come tomorrow.

Who would've thought a man who goes fearlessly toe-to-toe against special interests, lobbyists, the military industrial complex, and the elite banking system would receive long-term respect over a man that will do and say anything to get in the oval office?

Short game, meet long game.

Ron Paul talks very candidly with longtime friend and Chairman of the Mises Institute, Lew Rockwell, about his thoughts on politics, the candidates, retirement from congress, and whats next on his bucket list.

www.lewrockwell.com...

edit on 6-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ron Paul will become more famous than the President

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ron paul is like the queen chess piece on the board

edit on 6-11-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
That's what I like to hear, Ron Paul still remains to convey facts and truth for people to wake up to. Each day that passes from now on, I have a feeling this man will be vindicated.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ron Paul is like a political MILF

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Ron Paul is irrelevant.

2nd

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

It really is too bad we didnt get the chance to see him in the oval office, this is truly a GREAT man!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Ron Paul is like a political MILF

Bert, your shouting again Bert....

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I notice you're talking about him on a global stage. I don't know of any country that prefers Romney to Obama. If the world likes Obama, how will Paul get a hearing?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I notice you're talking about him on a global stage. I don't know of any country that prefers Romney to Obama. If the world likes Obama, how will Paul get a hearing?

Maybe you will listen to the podcast to understand...maybe you will not.

The decision is yours to make and yours only.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You'd be surprised how many people supported Paul globally. Skewing the numbers by suggesting the people of the world prefer Obama over Romney says nothing of the fact people everywhere appreciate Ron Paul's ideas. As a Canadian, I feel I'm able to say that Ron Paul and his campaign have made an impact on people all over the world.

His policy of non-interventionism is highly favored all over the globe, to say nothing of his stance on liberty, his voting record, character, and opposition to corruption, banker bail outs, etc.

The man's ideas aren't going anywhere but forward, no matter how much you wish they'd go away.
edit on 6-11-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Dear DeadSeraph,

You misunderstand me. I'm not wishing his ideas would go away. What I was thinking was that Paul seemed more closely aligned to the Republicans than the Democrats and, in this election at least, the world hates Republicans.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Dear DeadSeraph,

You misunderstand me. I'm not wishing his ideas would go away. What I was thinking was that Paul seemed more closely aligned to the Republicans than the Democrats and, in this election at least, the world hates Republicans.

With respect,
Charles1952

There are Ron Paul meet up groups all over the world that started from the 2008 election.

In our extremely liberal beachtown Venice Beach, California, we had a major grassroots phone bank HQ operation for Ron Paul, operated and funded ENTIRELY by grassroots, Ron Paul even visited us to thank us for generating so many calls out of the office. We had Australians walk in to help, Germans, Asians, Canadians, Spanish, Dutch...people of all types. It didn't hurt that we were close to Santa Monica Pier, a major international tourism spot and whenever we tabled there, people of all types would come to our tables and take pictures with us to take home to show their family and friends.

A couple stories to share that I thought was particularly funny:
1) My friend went to China for business and he saw a guy in the elevator wearing a 'Gadsen flag' sweater, he asked if the guy was into liberty and what not and the guy did not respond because he didn't understand but my friend said "RON PAUL"?!?!?! and the guy smiled and nodded.

2) When I was in Nevada to help during the caucus, one of the guys in the Youth for Paul team paid his own way from BRITAIN to volunteer a whole week for Ron Paul. He sat there all day and made his pitch to American voters with his thick english accent. There were two other foreigners who paid their own way to volunteer a whole week, one from Australia, one from New Zealand.

Also check out www.whowouldtheworldelect.com...
That link actually represents the 2008 election, Ron Paul OVERWHELMINGLY won the 2012 worldvote but I can't find the page from google. I do remember it very vividly though.

Poland during Romney's stop in Poland. His staffers had to use umbrellas to block the Ron Paul supporters' signs.

Paris

Spain

Germany

Austrailia

edit on 6-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Dear DeadSeraph,

With respect,
Charles1952

The world doesn't hate Republicans. It hates Neo-cons. Anyone with even an ounce of common sense can see that the republican party (AND the democrats) have strayed miles from where they should be today. The republican party no longer represents supposedly republican ideals, and it was obvious when Paul was practically offered up as the sacrificial lamb during the Republican Primary.

Is it really any surprise to anyone anywhere (other than the U.S) that obama is going to win this election? Was it a surprise to anyone anywhere when Paul was being black listed from the media and shunned during debates? Was it a surprise when Paul was robbed during state primary voting?

It wasn't to me, and it won't be a surprise to me when Obama wins his second term.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'd like to thank you all for the clarifications you've offered. It helps me to understand a little better.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I'd like to thank you all for the clarifications you've offered. It helps me to understand a little better.

I hope I didn't come off as antagonistic. I respect your posts around here and often enjoy reading your thoughts. I'm just passionate about freedom.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I WISH I had someone like Paul to vote for in my own country's "democratic process". Americans literally looked a gift horse in the mouth.

The way I see it, Pauls policies were frightening to the average person because the average person doesn't understand that he'd also have to contend against the Senate/Congress and the Supreme Court. He couldn't change America over night, and people were scared he'd scrap their welfare programs and leave them high and dry. What they didn't grasp is that his policies would have went a long way towards putting the U.S closer to the black (instead of the 14 + trillion in the red), and restoring their freedoms.

Just my 2 cents as an outsider.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ron Paul is too old to be relevant.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy

Tell that to the millions of young people that support him.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy
Had Ron Paul Been the GOP Candidate instead of a 'man without a plan"
These numbers would be Vastly Different.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Dear DeadSeraph,

You came across as a passionate, serious, poster. Great stuff, I have nothing but compliments for you. And we are twin souls in that we believe the root issue is freedom. That is the underlying trademark of America and what makes it unique. When we lose that, the world will start to go dark.

The way I see it, Pauls policies were frightening to the average person because the average person doesn't understand that he'd also have to contend against the Senate/Congress and the Supreme Court. He couldn't change America over night,
Excellent point. If America has the time, and I don't think we do, I'd like to see Paul as a party spokesman, starting tomorrow, raising up candidates at the local and state level. It may be a slow process, but win a Governorship or two, a few Congressional seats, and the Paul revolution is on the way.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join