It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polish singer faces two years in jail over Bible-tearing stunt.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Ouch, two years in jail for tearing up a bible? This is something he has been doing for years.

Poland's supreme court has issued a landmark judgment against a heavy metal musician who tore up a Bible at a gig in 2007. Although the judges conceded that Adam Darski, AKA Nergal, did not intend to offend his audience, they ruled that he could still have "offended religious feelings", violating Polish law. If found guilty, the singer could face up to two years in prison.
In my opinion two years in prison for offending someones religious beliefs is a little excessive. Just my opinion. With that being said, he should of been aware of the laws of his native country

Darski had released eight albums with his band, Behemoth, by the time of their notorious performance in Gdynia on 13 September 2007. Appearing in full costume and makeup, Darski tore up a Bible and described the Catholic church as "the most murderous cult on the planet".
He does have a point about being one of the most murderous cults on the planet. So much for freedom of speech in Poland.Polish singer faces two years in jail over Bible-tearing stunt

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
Ouch, two years in jail for tearing up a bible? This is something he has been doing for years.

Poland's supreme court has issued a landmark judgment against a heavy metal musician who tore up a Bible at a gig in 2007. Although the judges conceded that Adam Darski, AKA Nergal, did not intend to offend his audience, they ruled that he could still have "offended religious feelings", violating Polish law. If found guilty, the singer could face up to two years in prison.
In my opinion two years in prison for offending someones religious beliefs is a little excessive. Just my opinion. With that being said, he should of been aware of the laws of his native country

Darski had released eight albums with his band, Behemoth, by the time of their notorious performance in Gdynia on 13 September 2007. Appearing in full costume and makeup, Darski tore up a Bible and described the Catholic church as "the most murderous cult on the planet".
He does have a point about being one of the most murderous cults on the planet. So much for freedom of speech in Poland.Polish singer faces two years in jail over Bible-tearing stunt

he should start another band called catholic church so that he and everyone in the future can claim they were talking about the other catholic church while still making it clear which catholic church they were talking about to avoid jail time and still speak their mind
"oh i was just advertising my new band catholic church were the most murderous cult on the planet!"

....two years is ridiculous

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Tear up the bible...2 years in jail.

Tear up the koran....commence beheading.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

The way religion is protected makes it appear as if it's a secret disease.

"Don't make fun of the lepers, it's not very nice. Go to jail!"

Is that how religion wants things? Or is this a concerted effort by non-religious folk determined to show the world how silly religion is?

"Look what they did... they're silly. You're not silly people, are you?"

This surely has to be a reaction to the world reaction to offences against islam via desecration of the qur'an.

We're like flowers in a weeded garden. We think we're safe ands secure in our own existence, fertile soil everywhere, water frequently... But as soon as we think we have it sorted, something comes along to show just how strangled we really are, suffocating on our own soil...

we think we're so technologically advanced and superior. And then a news item like this appears and we're back to being stone age cave men, waving a club around grunting at others for offending the great spirits in the sky.

edit on 1-11-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The irony is the stories of the Polish priests and child rape.

Where was the Polish government then to stop the priests who "offended religion"????

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Has Borat aka Cohen toured Poland recently or ever?
Probably .

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Where was the Polish government then to stop the priests who "offended religion"????

Child rape is small potatoes in the religious community, especially when the offenders are members of the church in an official capacity. Forget that stuff, we need to focus our efforts on those who may hurt our religious feelings. /sarcasmThe real question that should be asked is if he tore up a Qur'an would the polish government be pushing to prosecute him. Granted, it's purely speculative, and maybe they would've, but I'd put my money on them ignoring that specific issue if it had arose.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D

Originally posted by Pervius

Child rape is small potatoes in the religious community, especially when the offenders are members of the church in an official capacity. Forget that stuff, we need to focus our efforts on those who may hurt our religious feelings. /sarcasmThe real question that should be asked is if he tore up a Qur'an would the polish government be pushing to prosecute him. Granted, it's purely speculative, and maybe they would've, but I'd put my money on them ignoring that specific issue if it had arose.

If he did tear a Quran, then hundreds of raging Muslims would appear and the person would be sent to jail anyway.

new topics

top topics

join