It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preacher blames Sandy on gays

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog

Originally posted by dayve

reply to post by dayve

It sounds like you want it to be a choice so you can choose to hate.

I'm sure women in Africa just couldn't wait to choose to be lesbians so they could experience the wonderful world of corrective rape; American teens just dying to be so gay they commit suicide; and well I choose to be gay because I can't wait to be put behind an electric fence like cattle.

I mean, with all the great things you get being Queer, I'm surprised more of you aren't choosing this lifestyle. You're really missing out.

Or a birth certificate that actually says gay/straight on the certificate, I'm gonna believe it's a choice.

Hey, and while we're at it, let's start putting the letter I back on birth certificates so we can identify who is an illegitimate child born out of wedlock. We can always go back to wearing pink triangles to make it easier for you to know which of us are gay just like the Nazis... they were awesome at organizing. Let's also make a completely different school just for gay kids or kids of gays so everyone feels nice and comfortable.

The visibility of the LGBT/Queer community is a drop in the bucket that is the ocean of heterosexual representations. I'm pretty sure you have free will and you can look away. No one is forcing you to go watch a Pride parade if that's not your cup of tea.

The problem with that is, people do run around with pink triangles to let everyone know they're gay... I just gotta ask, is it THAT important that people know your sexual identity....?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

You probably do see Pink Triangles because we were them in remembrance of those interned and killed by the Nazis.

No one wants to be defined by their sexuality. However, when laws and policies are in place that discriminate on that basis its hard to ignore like marriage, power of attorney, and health insurance coverage.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Here's one guy -- the anti-gays latched on to and exploited to the max for their position against gay parents.

They don't care that his study was found to be deceitful and faulty. He - still defends it.

Parenting Study Author Regnerus Admits Faults With Data

Professor Mark Regnerus, whose controversial study deeming gay people as ill equipped at being parents, now says some of his methodology wasn't quite right. www.advocate.com...

Notice FOCUS ON FAMILY

"There were two cases where they said the mom and her partner lived together for 18 years," Regnerus said in a recent interview with Focus on the Family, as cited by ThinkProgress. "There was another several who lived together for 15 or 13 years. So, stability in the sense of long-term was not common. And frankly, it’s not all that common among heterosexual population. I take pains in the study to say this is not about saying gay or lesbian parents are inherently bad." www.advocate.com...

FOCUS ON FAMILY

July 21st, 2011 at 10:19 am Focus on the Family has a long record of telling untruths about LGBT people and our families. Truth Wins Out’s “Respect my Research” project has video footage of respected scholars making statements about how various representatives of Christian Right organizations (including Focus on the Family) deliberately misuse science to demonize us. Focus on the Family has done all of the things that SPLC used to designate Family Research Council (also co-founded by James Dobson, by the way) a hate group, including implying that LGBT people are more likely to be sexual predators of children. www.splcenter.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

reply to post by dayve

You probably do see Pink Triangles because we were them in remembrance of those interned and killed by the Nazis.

No one wants to be defined by their sexuality. However, when laws and policies are in place that discriminate on that basis its hard to ignore like marriage, power of attorney, and health insurance coverage.

Because it's a risk. Don't take offense to this, but health insurance coverage will see it that way. AIDS and other risk factors is taken upon consideration when they choose who they want to deal with. Maybe nazi's killed alotta gays, but they also killed alotta Jews... If your living in a country where its illegal to be gay, then don't go around being gay. Woman have it alot worse, they cant even show their face, but they comply. In the US dont have those rules, so its kind of unnecessary to put on a rainbow ribbon everyday. I can understand one day out of the year, but everyday is overdoing it.... Bounced around a lil, I'm tired n I forgot what my point was..

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

NO - - I do not believe for one second any man chooses to be gay.

I don't know who you're hanging out with - - - but I'd say they are "yanking your chain".

With respect Annee, that is the whole heart of what I see as the problem in this area, too. You are absolute and positive to the point of suggesting my own experiences in knowing people across my life have been false somehow. That they were putting me on...or just wrong?

If you do have a study that proves genetic cause and effect, then I would like to see it. Not one merely suggesting or even strongly implying....but an absolute, that's the one, proof of genetic order that indicates homosexuality. That is the giant leap I've never seen anyone cross to this point. It's the last step, but it's a GIANT one.

It's fair to say that few if any genetic signatures have absolutely and without question been identified. At least I don't know of many, if any in Humans for behavior or psychology. I can't even imagine how they prove that without genetic experimentation to turn it off in one or on in another and show the change?

So..I'm honestly curious. Why the ABSOLUTE hard core 'I won't hear the mere suggestion it's possible' that some % of people identifying as Gay live that way by having chosen to...while having equally been open to the opposite sex? I don't begin to suggest all, as my previous post states...and this one shows. I can't know genetics don't prove it out eventually, either. Open minds seem the logical thing here, where that won't bring harm in a very ...sensitive..area of controversy. (sensitive because ignorant morons tend to really HURT people over these questions
)
edit on 31-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Annee

NO - - I do not believe for one second any man chooses to be gay.

I don't know who you're hanging out with - - - but I'd say they are "yanking your chain".

With respect Annee, that is the whole heart of what I see as the problem in this area, too. You are absolute and positive to the point of suggesting my own experiences in knowing people across my life have been false somehow. That they were putting me on...or just wrong?

Absolutely - - I do not believe for one second any man (or woman) CHOOSES to be homosexual.

I've been following this subject for 20+ years. NEVER - - have I encountered a man or any gay man expressing knowing a man who chose homosexuality.

Do I think there are degrees of homosexuality (and heterosexuality)? YES.

Do I think there are those who fall in the middle of the "sexual scale" - - who could go one way or the other (or both)? YES.

Do I think a hetero man could choose to experiment with same gender sex? YES. That does not make him homosexual.

REPEAT: Absolutely - - I do not believe for one second any man (or woman) CHOOSES to be homosexual.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

But that's just the point. Like you said in your earlier post, you're pretty sure you could hold a gun to someone's head and make them have sex with the opposite gender. If its a choice and your life is at risk, why wouldn't you just choose to not be gay anymore? Why is there an epidemic of teen suicides if you can just choose to be straight? Why are there programs like Exodus where they use to tout the idea that one could "pray the gay away"? After hearing about a grizzly attack like this one I can't believe anyone would still think being gay is a choice.

Health insurance isn't denied if you are gay, health insurance coverage is denied to your spouse because they don't see it as a legal relationship. Some hospitals won't allow you to make medical decisions.

The fact that you take such issue with the rainbow flag shows me that you do not even understand the meaning of the flag or its history.

The use of rainbow flags has a long tradition; they are displayed in many cultures around the world as a sign of diversity and inclusiveness, of hope and of yearning.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Do I think a hetero man could choose to experiment with same gender sex? YES. That does not make him homosexual.

Uhhhhhhhhhh yes it does..... A kid maybe? No. Kids do weird things n curiosity gets the best of some I guess. But a grown man? Homo..... And he chose to be gay... That's like saying, you feel like killing somebody just to see what it's like, but your not classified as a killer.... But you are....And you chose to be that. Now y you would want to go and get a bunch of teardrops n tattoos to prove you did it, IDK....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

So if you have one piano lesson and decide you don't like it you're still a pianist no matter what?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Why are there programs like Exodus where they use to tout the idea that one could "pray the gay away"?

John Smid, Former 'Ex-Gay' Leader, Says He Is Gay And Changing Sexual Orientation Is Impossible (VIDEO)

The former director of the ex-gay Christian ministry Love in Action has now come forward saying not only that he is gay, but that it is impossible to change one's sexual orientation.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

I think kids kill themselves because they made a bad choice n they think it will haunt them forever... Like its a damn shame. To some people it is, deal with it. Some people hate me cause of my race, oh well, I deal with it. Idk where this debate is going, the flag? i have no idea about its history. I just think people have a choice. I dont care on a personal level I just like to prove points...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Sorry, I forgot to add a 'd' to use.

I thought it was amazing when he made that announcement. I like your guys' series Our America by Lisa Ling.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

reply to post by dayve

So if you have one piano lesson and decide you don't like it you're still a pianist no matter what?

Got me their.....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Okay, and I get your point....as well as more subtle meaning. I'll agree to disagree on this as your position is obviously absolute ..as noted..and that doesn't leave room for debate. Just fighting. Heck, I just got where I'm not fighting with ya as it is. I'm happy to stay on this side of that line.

So, I'll certainly say you have a very well founded position there, based on your life experience..and I simply disagree. It happens.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Sorry, I forgot to add a 'd' to use.

I thought it was amazing when he made that announcement. I like your guys' series Our America by Lisa Ling.

Yep. Saw that. I try to post what is simplest to understand and make a point.

But here's the video of Our America by Lisa Ling www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

They didn't commit suicide because they thought they did something wrong or shameful. They did it because the world forces them to suffer in silence or suffer in public eye. There is no winning and it seems insurmountable when you are a teenager. Teenagers also change on a dime and if its a lifestyle or fad like you claimed earlier in the thread, wouldn't it seem more like teenage behaviour for the children to stop rather than kill themselves?

You haven't proven a point. You claimed that since some people have "experimented" that is evidence to prove that it is a choice.

When you are at risk of rape, violence, ridicule and condemnation, what benefits are there in choosing to be gay?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
. . . . as your position is obviously absolute ..as noted..and that doesn't leave room for debate.

Yes. That is correct. As said - - I've followed this subject for 20+ years. I've heard it all (or at least a lot).

There are always exceptions - - - however - - in my years of following this - - I'd say a man who claims he chose homosexuality - - - has just not accepted it yet. He is not comfortable accepting it and admitting it to himself. He is in chosen denial.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I'll take that bet and prove you wrong!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by dayve

I'll take that bet and prove you wrong!

Impossible... I'll have you all agreeing with me by the time I'm done here. Because I'm riiiight....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Only in YOUR mind are you right, I am gay and I know I'm right now how do you think you will ever convince me otherwise WHEN I KNOW I"M RIGHT?

Born this way and will stay this way!

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join