It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no 'Third Eye'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

It is called an eye because it is composed largely of the same structure and chemicals as a real eye (roundabouts)...

There is a third eye!
I still try to understand...so, someone with one physical eye actually it is a normal person because it has the third eye,I mean one physical eye plus third eye make two eyes!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
It does not mean to be physically there if it's called inner eye.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Ok, i would consider myself one of the more skeptical of ats members. I've never had a paranormal experience, consider myself an agnostic atheist, yet I am still open to the idea of meditation and visualisation and it's effects on the brain. There is scientific evidence to support its positive effect on the brain structure.

Recently, I have been referred to a stress reduction clinic at my hospital, part of the national health service here in te uk. It's an 8 week course in mindful meditation. It tries to demystify the practice, but my neuropsychologist has encouraged me to continue with the visualisation techniques a " new ager" encouraged me to do. Which was to direct my in breat into my third eye. Basically directing your inner breath into the area considered the third eye.

It does have an interesting effect if your willing to try it. I think skeptics are the best people to try out these approaches. I find some new agers are too willing and are too expectant.

For me it makes me feel better and more grounded. That could just be the relaxation f the deeper breathing, but thats good enough for me. It also gives you a feeling of control, when life may be a bit hectic.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by Wifibrains

It's a chakra or energy vortex. Some say it's connected to the penial gland. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exsist
If it's a vortex then it must be positive,still I do not understand how a gland can do such things.

I know that glands are for other regulating functions of different organs the pineal gland must regulate an organ in our body...I guess.

The pineal gland produces melatonin and controls your circadian rhythm.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
the third eye is the minds eye. it's the ability to imagine things. imagination is sorely underrated. without the nine muses, we would have no advancement in science and arts. those who nurture their "third eye"/imagination will be visionaries and leaders.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tonybotzo

the third eye is the minds eye.
Then...what is "mind"!?..and what are eyes?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by tonybotzo

the third eye is the minds eye.
Then...what is "mind"!?..and what are eyes?

Your mind is your conscious, your third eye is what you use to see in the spirit world!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nf1del

Your mind is your conscious, your third eye is what you use to see in the spirit world!
Then many purposes this eye has.

Maybe that's why they say "keep an eye on"...to see the spirits?...or to be seen by the Devil!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

What a dumb post. Its like saying, ive never been to the north pole so it doesn't exist, i never tried pomegranates so they don't exist.

Hey piequel, go on Google, research "third eye", and try a few months of meditation on opening third eye, then come back and post
edit on 13-12-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

What a dumb post. Its like saying, ive never been to the north pole so it doesn't exist, i never tried pomegranates so they don't exist.
"Sometimes expression of the word cannot be expressed by the word itself ,articulation is necesary and when articulation is absent the word remain speechless by his own expression"

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

"Sometimes expression of the word cannot be expressed by the word itself ,articulation is necesary and when articulation is absent the word remain speechless by his own expression"

What does this have to do with anything?

You know what Buddha said about all his teachings? He said don't trust him or take his word for it and to check and see for yourself if he's right.

Same thing with third eye. Instead of making assumptions, ideas, and doubts about it ......go get some instructional books on how to open third eye and see for yourself if its true.

For some people it takes a year to open

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ignorant Abrahamic troll is obvious.

Just because something is not practiced in the religion you grew up with does not make it non existent.

Shallow people and their shallow religion can't see that.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You know what Buddha said about all his teachings? He said don't trust him or take his word for it and to check and see for yourself if he's right.

Same thing with third eye. Instead of making assumptions, ideas, and doubts about it ......go get some instructional books on how to open third eye and see for yourself if its true.
I cannot feed my soul with illusions.

But I can feed my soul with what my true eyes can see and that's the Truth.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Ignorant Abrahamic troll is obvious.

Just because something is not practiced in the religion you grew up with does not make it non existent.

Shallow people and their shallow religion can't see that.

Oh ,you are many and I am only one but that's okay because as many you are the one I'll be.

And by the way, sorry but I have to ask you ,what is Abrahamic?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Imagine a creature with three eyes,even an imaginary one,
That will be a monster.
It would definitely look ugly even with an imaginary third eye.

The tuatara has a third eye on the top of its head called the parietal eye. It has its own lens, cornea, retina with rod-like structures, and degenerated nerve connection to the brain, suggesting it evolved from a real eye. The parietal eye is only visible in hatchlings, which have a translucent patch at the top centre of the skull. After four to six months, it becomes covered with opaque scales and pigment.[13] Its purpose is unknown, but it may be useful in absorbing ultraviolet rays to manufacture vitamin D,[7] as well as to determine light/dark cycles, and help with thermoregulation

en.wikipedia.org...

A parietal eye, also known as a third-eye or pineal eye, is a part of the epithalamus present in some animal species. The eye is photoreceptive and is associated with the pineal gland, regulating circadian rhythmicity and hormone production for thermoregulation.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

wow i thought we were here to deny ignorance not spread it...

edit on 12/13/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I cannot feed my soul with illusions.

But I can feed my soul with what my true eyes can see and that's the Truth.

You are feeding your soul all sorts of illusions daily.

What your physical eyes see is maybe 1% of what is really happening, especially the vast frequency spectrums of lights, sounds, vastness of existence.

You truly have no idea...... but thats ok

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

The tuatara has a third eye on the top of its head called the parietal eye
I have never spoke to a tuatara.

I thought that we are humans unique by creation and by purpose but it seems we are not,if we have a so called "third eye".

In the same time it seems that we are looking through the small creatures without "reason" and that cannot discern ...things.... like a last resort of our imagination.

Life for humans is to be lived as it was left here on Earth and not to be searched and "and for" imaginary things with what we imagine not in our own image.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What your physical eyes see is maybe 1% of what is really happening, especially the vast frequency spectrums of lights, sounds, vastness of existence.
I do not want to see more than my physical eye is allowing me to see.

I guess that even so what I can see in the real world it is for me more than a so called "third eye".

But you can read in my signature what illusion really is...for those who...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

yet everything you just typed is imagination based. Your imagining all your reasons, excuses, justifications, rules, all of it made up by you.

If humans have a third eye then it exists no matter what you think or say. I've seen it beyond a doubt and I remember pre-existing prior to being in a hman body.

Your body is just a vehicle, an avatar. It will die one day and the when you continue on, you will see the truth

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

If humans have a third eye then it exists no matter what you think or say. I've seen it beyond a doubt and I remember pre-existing prior to being in a hman body.

"If humans have a third eye"

Well spoken....if!

Then I wish you to be happy with your third eye...but you must remember that one day you might be required to see with only one eye,the eye that you believed in and then you might not see what is to be seen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join