It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Superstorm Threat Launches Mass Evacuations (Thread Will Include Updates)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hi everyone, I thought id open up a disscuion & keep everyone updated on the Superstorm that will happen in the US in the coming Weeks.

----------------------------------------------

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

----------------------------------------------

By ALLEN G. BREED and WAYNE PARRY
Associated Press

SHIP BOTTOM, N.J. (AP) - Forget distinctions like tropical storm or hurricane. Don't get fixated on a particular track. Wherever it hits, the rare behemoth storm inexorably gathering in the eastern U.S. will afflict a third of the country with sheets of rain, high winds and heavy snow, say officials who warned millions in coastal areas to get out of the way.

"We're looking at impact of greater than 50 to 60 million people," said Louis Uccellini, head of environmental prediction for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

As Hurricane Sandy barreled north from the Caribbean - where it left nearly five dozen dead - to meet two other powerful winter storms, experts said it didn't matter how strong the storm was when it hit land: The rare hybrid storm that follows will cause havoc over 800 miles from the East Coast to the Great Lakes. "This is not a coastal threat alone," said Craig Fugate, director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

- Read More

Source

Your Thoughts?
edit on 28-10-2012 by FeelingPure because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2012 by FeelingPure because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sun Oct 28 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I think its creepy as hell
i'm in Florida, Hopefully it doesn't hit us hard, but good luck to everyone, hopefully it will just fly by! (no pun intended)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I'm in NJ and just can't wait....waiting is killing me. Last time with Irene a big tree hit my home and missed my car by couple of feet. If Don't see me around next days, means no power or internet.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I have been keeping close tabs on any and all news on this storm, and the more I hear, the more worried I become. My husband is an OTR truck driver out on the east coast, and is currently headed north from Strasburg, Va up to Connecticut, with a stopover in Georgetown, De. His boss has told him repeatedly that it's not going to be that bad and that he has nothing to worry about, yet there are evacuations all along the coast, and several places have declared states of emergency ahead of the storm.
Am I being overly concerned, or is it sane to be losing sleep over this?

I don't think my husband should be taking the risk, but I can't convince him that it's better to be safe and piss off his boss, than be sorry.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Be safe...keep prepared...and may you fair well.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by Trueman

Be safe...keep prepared...and may you fair well.

Thanks brother, ...you know, I got kids and wife. My boss said we got to work monday anyway, I'll trust in ATS to keep me updated while I'm not at home.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Stay safe mate! obviously being well prepared brings nothing to worry about,

I do ask for a small favor if you accept the challenge if you are up to it, If something EVER go's wrong & outside your house it looks terrifying.. Could you record what ever happens during the terrifying moment? Depending on how good the quality & what happens during the recording, I have connections that will be able to forward your video to online media across the internet as an example of what a citizen went through.
edit on 28-10-2012 by FeelingPure because: error

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

Sure !....I'll do my best.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

The last thing you should be doing is encouraging people to get video and pictures etc when all hell is breaking loose. I would think that a person should be thinking about safety not sensationalizing disaster.for your benefit so you can POST IT ACROSS the net. This storm has already killed 43 people on its way to the coast. Thats how people get into trouble by not using their heads but rather sticking them out in the face of danger. Stupidity.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FreshAirGirl

I know i know.. Just saying if he so happen to have a recording device next to him, I'm sure that wont hurt anyone.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FreshAirGirl

Yeah, you are right. Just happens that I'll be monday afternoon on the road, trying to find a way back home, so it will be unavoidable for me to be in the middle of the mess. Camera, Iphone and my 4x4 truck ready.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Hits self on head for reading 2 out of 4 paragraphs

Crossing my fingers for ya during today and tomorrow.

2nd
edit on 28/10/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hi this is the 1st thread i read, thanks.
where is being EVACUATED?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
.... ATLANTIC CITY, NJ being evac

saw this on yt....

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Slinki

The reason to declare state of emergency ahead of time is not always related to massive damage.
A lot of the times it is done in order to have the funding there and already approved to help should
the need arise.
They cut the red tape early so if/when things go bad, they already have the funds to jump in and
do what ever is needed to help without worrying about going broke.

So just because they declared state of emergency dosent mean things are going south fast.

Although i do agree, he should be home, this looks like a nasty storm, as a ex otr driver, i am not sure i
would want to be out there in a storm like this one. I think i would call dispatch and let them know i was
taking time off and be done with it.. better safe than sorry. Hope he stays safe and comes home to you
unharmed in anyway.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I don't think this is getting the media attention it deserves?...

I found the story here Source

This worries me:

President Barack Obama was monitoring the storm and working with state and locals governments to make sure they get the resources needed to prepare, administration officials said

"It's really frightening," Alice Stockton-Rossi said. "But you know how many times they tell you, 'This is it, it's really coming and it's really the big one' and then it turns out not to be? I'm afraid people will tune it out because of all the false alarms before ... (but) this one might be the one."

If government officials have been monitoring this for sometime and aren't prepared to highlight the issue formally as a matter of urgency through their media outlets, how do they expect the general public to take this seriously? And at the same time professionals are adamant that this is the real deal...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
airborne cow in hurricane down south,

is this real?

edit on 28-10-2012 by atsandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsandy

is this real?

Doubt it....I'm pretty sure that's a scene from "Twister" . I hope.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by atsandy

is this real?

Scene from a film...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
oh!

65 MILLION Lives

in danger?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join