It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice Job Creating More Terrorists [According To The Intelligence Community]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ironic Isn't it?

That the quest to destroy terrorism, made it worse. Not only that, but we became the very terrorists we were trying to stop.

The Washington Times notes:

U.S. Rep. Peter T. King, New York Republican and Chairman of the House’s Homeland Security Committee, said Tuesday that al Qaeda is a greater threat now than it was before the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

“That is the consensus of most intelligence experts,” he said on CNN’s “Starting Point.”

If King is right, then it shows that America’s anti-terrorism policies since 9/11 have been a dismal failure. 1

Why?

D’oh! We’re Supporting Terrorists

Initially – in the name of fighting our enemies – the U.S. has directly been supporting Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups for the last decade. See this, this, this, this and this.

If Al Qaeda is a greater threat now than before 9/11, maybe it’s because – oh, I don’t know – we’re supporting them?

Our Program of Torture Created Terrorists

Yes, torture DOES make terrorism worse. It does NOT assist in getting quality intel.

Killing innocent civilians is one of the main things which increases terrorism. As one of the top counter-terrorism experts (the former number 2 counter-terrorism expert at the State Department) told me, starting wars against states which do not pose an imminent threat to America’s national security increases the threat of terrorism because:

One of the principal causes of terrorism is injuries to people and families.

(Indeed, Al Qaeda wasn’t even in Iraq until the U.S. invaded that country.)

And top CIA officers say that drone strikes increase terrorism (and see this).

How can we be indignant about other's attacks on us, when we are killing thousands of women and children? The idea here is ask yourself: "Am I safer than I was 10 years ago? At home, or abroad?"

The answer is no.

The reason is within your nation, not on the outside of it. The world did not get any more dangerous on it's own. We made it more dangerous. When we stepped off our moral plateau into the realm of "Collateral Damage" we all agreed that we woud live with the consequences.

At least we should have realized that using the strongest military in the world, as a terrorist organization, against terrorism; would no doubt create chaos in it's wake.

It's ok though, I guess people got paid right?

How long do we ignore our own experts? How long will it be before some group gains some really powerful weapon and makes an example out of it? Who will the world blame then?

~Tenth
edit on 10/20/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Edited title to something a bit less inflammatory.--

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
SO, by your logic and in your own opinion, we the innocents, should just lay down, let the terrorists walk all over us, slaughter our loved ones as they wish, and let them force whatever they wish upon our throats?

Do know that innocent people did not bomb or kill or torture any of the terrorists or their families. They did to us all first.

An eye for an eye will only leaves the whole world blind in the end. Thus we do have RULE OF LAW, of which ANY human whom is wronged, or think he is wronged, can seek for justice, locally and even internationally, as ICJ cases had proven with actual war criminals whom slew both combatants and non combatants, and not soldiers carrying out their orders in defense of their loved ones and country.

Had the terrorists sought for justice or societal progress in the humane way? None. They rejected ALL offers of even negotiations, and sought for annihilation for anyone who stood in their way, leaving mankind with no choice but to react and defend themselves.

Thus, before you blame the innocent ones, do look closely at whom the terrorists truly are, and why they existed and continue to exists.

It is people with blindness, ignorance, hatred for authority, misguided idealogies, hatred for the west using mythical and unsubstantiated lies/propaganda, and hatred for the rule of law, that allows them to grow and fester. SO..who are the morons now?

May you and others like you judge yourselves fairly and honestly before the mirror. Truth is painful, it often is, but is far more betther than living in hate, lies and delusions.
edit on 18-10-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
S&F, Tenth. Can't fathom why people can't grasp that. Unfortunately, there'll be quite a few posts on this thread that will try to justify this madness.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I agree. Most of the people in both Afghanistan and Iraq probably didn't even know what 9/11 was let alone who Osama Bin Laden was. If you look at their situation from their point of view, you can understand why they would attack invaders. I know there are hardcore extremists but the way things have panned out, you can hardly blame branded so-called terrorists (who could have lost friends and family because of the invasions) for fighting back.

To me, the Syria crisis pretty much confirms the wests contribution to terrorist networks.. By also sponsoring the oppostion in Syria, we risk creating another enemy who could mastermind bigger events if they gain control of a country or two. We are not just talking about extremists groups now, these guys are actually pushing to take control over countries. The threat is greater than ever.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
SO, by your logic and in your own opinion, we the innocents, should just lay down, let the terrorists walk all over us, slaughter our loved ones as they wish, and let them force whatever they wish upon our throats?

Do know that innocent people did not bomb or kill or torture any of the terrorists or their families. They did to us all first.

Your wrong.. When the USA attaked Iraq knowing that the country was not the origin of 9/11, you killed and tortured innocent people until yous got caught. That is an act of terrorism. Secondly, you go into Afghanistan not even knowing if Osama was there only to find out he his hiding in pakistan.. Did you blow Pakistan to the stone age? No,

Anyway, the very people accused of 9/11 have been on the US payroll since the 80's. Truthfully, its your fault those guys even exist.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Actually I think these people are creating not only the terrorism, but the crisis itself.
When you research the history of this particular area, it wasn't until around the 1970's when you see it.
Almost as if the region was spotted for it's resources and then planned to be looted.
Almost as if the Al-CIAda was created by the US, in the late 70's, to solve a problem.
Then the funding and lies were created and hidden at the same time.

Only to be revealed at a much later date, when people were less suspecting.
(Or after a nice scheme was concocted to point the blame to that same region)

What conspiracy?
It's obvious WE created the problem.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

That's a GIANT leap of logic that is impossible to grasp. I don't know HOW you came about that line of thinking with what I posted in the OP.

Yes...500 Thousand Iraqi Women and Children bombed and tortured your family

We've actually been meddling in ME affairs for the last 30 to 40 years ( and much prior to that, but for the sake of time.)

Didn't I say in the OP to spare the indignance? It's a bit unbecoming to play the " oh, well they do it to us, so we'll do it to them."

You talk about justice? Those systems are corrupt and useless. Why are they? Because the real war criminals NEVER ever get prosecuted. All the travesties commited by Western and European governments are considered carte blanche.

Had the terrorists sought for justice or societal progress in the humane way? None. They rejected ALL offers of even negotiations, and sought for annihilation for anyone who stood in their way, leaving mankind with no choice but to react and defend themselves.

Alright, you tell me how easy it is to make your own decisions as a country, or as citizens of a country when another country are the ones selecting your leader. When you've been occupied by another nation's interests for decades and are incapable of gaining your own sovereignty, you can talk to me about going about it the "humane" way.

Mandkind? Suddenly the US military industrial complex is all of mandkind? Apparently the US also has a superiority complex.

Thus, before you blame the innocent ones, do look closely at whom the terrorists truly are, and why they existed and continue to exists. It is people with blindness, ignorance, hatred for authority, hatred for the west and rule of law, that allows them to grow and fester.

Yes, I do know who they are. We are the terrorists. We support terrorist organizations EVERY day. In libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, UAE, Jordan and the list goes on and on my friend.

You know what allows them to grow faster? A military and political system designed to create a new enemy to fight every 25 years or so.

America and the rest of it's allies have manufactured it's enemies. Now it acts as if it's actions in fighting them are justified.

It's pathetic.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There is another war that is an abject failure, too.

Following in that light, lets make even more terrorists, and declare it an ongoing success!

hurray for politicians!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

If you insist, as you always do on other threads relating to such issues to defend your beloved humanslayers, by re-writing history as it suits you and your kind - YOU are part of the problem and we humanity will never be able to find a solution.

But still, it is your right to write as it pleases you, even if you prefer falsehoods than truths. Ignorance can be bliss, I supposed. and my efforts to set the record straight with you will be only be in vain.

No offense intended. I wrote this reply with only a heavy heart as I watched the humanslayers continued onslaught upon humanity around our world, with more preferring apathy, cowardice, lies than truth and action.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yeah, it's called "Blowback"

People get a little annoyed when innocent members of their families are blown away, or maimed in all the ingenius ways we have come up with in this bogus war on Terror.

Peter King recognizes this now, only because it is in his parties best political interest. What a hypocrite!!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Funny how acts of terrorism seemed to be defined by whomever opposes western culture and society and not by their actions.
Definition from Wiki.

en.wikipedia.org...

Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians).

If we weren't bombarded with media stating terrorists reside in the Middle East...I'd say ...if the shoe fits.
Judged by actions alone, the definition of terrorist lands on the shoulders of those who created the war on terror.
Should have named it "The War OF terror.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

What's pathetic are your often generalizations and lumping every error or right actions done to protect innocents as another hostile act upon terrorists.

You may claim to be a terrorist as you wrote in your post, But I and many other innocents had hurt and harmed no one, but only defended ourselves, or lend our support in the defense of such. Any who deviate from such defenses MUST be proven guilty by a court of law, NOT just by your sweeping generalizations or mythical presumptions alone.

The RULE OF LAW MUST be upheld. No society can exist without it.

The door is open still to terrorists such as you and your kind for talks to find common ground to end the senseless slaughters, which your kind holds out no such kindness to humanity. But patience do have limits. May you tell your kind that truth.
edit on 18-10-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by DarknStormy

If you insist, as you always do on other threads relating to such issues to defend your beloved humanslayers, by re-writing history as it suits you and your kind - YOU are part of the problem and we humanity will never be able to find a solution.

You defend your human slayers, so what is the difference? I don't agree with anyone dying but the truth is, your government fund and support the very terrorists that people like you are afraid of.

But still, it is your right to write as it pleases you, even if you prefer falsehoods than truths. Ignorance can be bliss, I supposed. and my efforts to set the record straight with you will be only be in vain.

Your government have gone on record confirming they sponsored terrorists back in the 80's. i am not saying anything that isn't true.

No offense intended. I wrote this reply with only a heavy heart as I watched the humanslayers continued onslaught upon humanity around our world, with more preferring apathy, cowardice, lies than truth and action.

You can have your opinion, but next time you look at your paycheck and how much tax you pay, ask yourself where it goes... You may of ust brought a humanslayer a nice RPG in your free (never do anything wrong) country.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Its not going to be very hard to get "blow back" out of folks that shoot little girls that want an education.

In fact blow them up, out and back! Hunt them down as if the we human man animals and waste them.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

What's pathetic are your often generalizations and lumping every error or right actions done to protect innocents as another hostile act upon terrorists.

Please list all American Deaths resulting from Terrorism since 911.

Then list all the civilian deaths resulting from military actions within those ME countries I listed.

You tell me whose the hostile terrorist after you wrap your head arond those numbers.

You may claim to be a terrorist as you wrote in your post, But I and many other innocents had hurt and harmed no one, but only defended ourselves, or lend our support in the defense of such. Any who deviate from such defenses MUST be proven guilty by a court of law, NOT just by your sweeping generalizations or mythical presumptions alone.

Did those innocent people who were killed, millions of them, get a fair shot at life? Or do they not matter, because we were fighting the bad men?

Again, SPARE ME, your indignation and your lack of taking responsiblity for actions done in YOUR name by YOUR government.

Please point out the 'mythical' presumptions I made. These are not generalizations. The intelligence community agrees with me. Did you not read the article and the sources I provided?

Are you not going to accept actual information that proves you wrong? IMO you should do some research and actually come to terms with the things you clearly do not understand.

There have NOT been any where near a million American casualities due to acts of terrorism. But you justify the deaths of millions of civilians for those few American lives.

Superiority complex indeed.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
Its not going to be very hard to get "blow back" out of folks that shoot little girls that want an education.

See that is something right there that needs to be sorted out. Shooting 14 yr old girls who stand up for their rights is nothing less than wrong. But where did that happen? Afghanistan, Iraq?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
If you look at their situation from their point of view, you can understand why they would attack invaders. I know there are hardcore extremists but the way things have panned out, you can hardly blame branded so-called terrorists (who could have lost friends and family because of the invasions) for fighting back.

If the UN or some other power invaded the USA, patriots and militias would fight back. They'd use the same tactics, probably, and be hailed by some as heroes doing their patriotic duty against the invaders.

Yet people get angry when the invaded and bombed fight back the only way they can. I don't see why.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Funny how acts of terrorism seemed to be defined by whomever opposes western culture and society and not by their actions.

Yea we shouldnt opposes folk that blow themselves up near the ice cream trucks crowded with small children and mother.
Oh and these are thier own peoples chidren! Eating that bad bad American ice cream.

How about that team of dental aid workers that were guned down last year. Boy they sure were some bad guys.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by Logarock

See that is something right there that needs to be sorted out. Shooting 14 yr old girls who stand up for their rights is nothing less than wrong. But where did that happen? Afghanistan, Iraq?

It dosent matter.....same bunch of clowns.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

edit on 18-10-2012 by iwilliam because: double post removed

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join