It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to here a miracle?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
An answer to9 your question about the Trinity.

1 John 5:6-8

[6] This is the one who came through water and blood, Jesus Christ, not by water alone, but by water and blood. The spirit is the one that testifies, and the spirit is the truth. [7] SO THERE ARE THREE THAT TESTIFY.
[8] The spirit, the water, and the blood, and the three are of one accord.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by believerinchrist
Hey, Im glad you guys are posting about this thread for it is Jesus' plan for you to here the gospel. The reason I know it wasnt Satan is because Satan can not save anyone and whomever was speaking through me........take your pick...also said that I would speak this message and preach to big and the small and I was to follow him and trust in him. I know Satan does not want anyone spreading the word of Jesus Christ...I know we agree on that one...There were so many more things that he said through me that night that pertain to heaven, and also the feeling that came over me when the Holy Spirit filled me up was the greatest feeling that I can not even begin to describe how wonderful it was.......I must believe that you guys are interested in what happened to me for you would be asking these questions if you didnt want answers.....or you just want to bash on me.and from reading you guys others posts on the board about different things I tend to lean toward you being interested because you seem like really decent folks to me. So theres your answer.....none of it made up.all truths......it was the holy spirit guys..........for the Lord our God is as real as the keyboard in front of your face and by the way ...the time is getting close for the return of the Lord..I hope and pray that you are ready to meet him. ...................Thanks for listening...............Believer

I do respect your experience, but how do you know you're saved? Your Bible does say that satan has tricks up his sleeve. How exactly do you know that you were saved..?

And no, if anyone wants us to hear or see anything, it's GOD Almighty, creator of the universe, not Jesus - a messenger of God.

Oh and... I guarantee it wasn't the Holy Spirit, since the Trinity does not exist and is a man-made concept not taught in the Bible.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddas
An answer to9 your question about the Trinity.

1 John 5:6-8

[6] This is the one who came through water and blood, Jesus Christ, not by water alone, but by water and blood. The spirit is the one that testifies, and the spirit is the truth. [7] SO THERE ARE THREE THAT TESTIFY.
[8] The spirit, the water, and the blood, and the three are of one accord.

This verse looks to me as a really desparate attempt to support something that is not taught in the Bible.

"The spirit, the water, and the blood" are not a GOD that is in 3 Persons, the FATHER, SON, and HOLY SPIRIT.

If you want me to worship a God in 3 persons like the Church teaches, I need you to find me a verse in the Bible that tells me to do so. I guarantee that you will fail

But.... just for fun.. let's assume that this talks about the "Holy Trinity" (a phrase that does not exist anywhere in the Bible). Why is something of such extraordinary importance only mentioned once? (and it isnt).

How could the Bible make such an incredible mistake not mentioning the Holy Trinity - a concept every Christian believes in firmly?

Answer two questions for me please;

If you read the Bible on your own, without any outside influence, would you worship the concept of a God being in 3 Persons, called the "Holy Trinity" and WHY, because of what Verses?

And second;

If the existence of this "Holy Trinity" is so obvious - why is it's existence being debated?

Conclusion: Please provide me with the verse that teaches me to worship a GOD in 3 Persons - The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, also known as the "Holy Trinity".

Until then, I will consider it a man-invented concept based on nothing.

Peace.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
forgot to ask - shouldnt this be moved to religion & spirituality? =/

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I know Im saved .............Are you saved? Didnt you read my post A.O. Do you think Satan promotes the spreading of the gospel? Are you not reading what I am posting to you? I think I have just determined if you are interested in this post and if you are really even interested in our Savior Jesus Christ. You would get your answers from God if you would pray about them. Im noy trying to get on you but your questions are leading away from the previous ones that you have asked. Its like your in denial or something. Maybe we can pray together if you would like and we both can get some answers that we are looking for. We as christians, if you are or not , I dont know, should not be bashing each other on these specifics and should be praising him when we read of a miracle of his[such as the one he done through me, for me,...the greatest miracle ever was when he saved my soul Another One....you shouldnt ask one if he is saved when he is telling you that he is , you should be saying Amen or Halleluya or something like that. Be happy that you are a child of God, all religions will come together in the end days for all the little descepencies of this and that will not matter to the one who is killing off all that believe in God......Amen and keep the faith........Believer

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Guess I should "clarify" what I meant by what I said and was thinking

First off...I totally believe this happened to you...it was quite amazing to read!! But then the more I thought about it, the more I wondered if it "could" have been Satan that actually "filled you with "his" spirit"...I'm not like Illmatic and another_one where I'll argue bible verses and all...I actually TRY to steer clear of ever debating about God and religion...maybe I don't know enough, or maybe I just don't FEEL it's right(what the Lord would want)Anyway, for some odd reason thou..it just had popped into my head that it could have very well been a trick of Satan, and your experience would NOT be the first, I can assure you...
The reason I doubt it actually was the holy spirit, is..I personally do not think that God does the things he did in the bible anymore, one reason is I don't think HE is really "here" anymore...I think HE has kind of let Satan take over for a bit here on earth, almost like a test on mankind. Satan is very tricky, he will make you "think" one thing while he's just laughing behind your back..fooling you basically. Another reason is your doubt about God in your younger years, if you doubt Him, it's up to you to find that He exist...I just cannot see for the life of me him actually "speaking through you" and IF HE did...I can assure you, HE would have told you to keep it inside you, instead of running to a "conspiracy board" and posting it in some thread..Do you see what I'm getting at? I truly do not see you as a prophet of the sort, therefore it seems impossible that God would choose you to speak through..Now I don't know you from Adam, neither does anyone else here for that matter, so I'm by NO means judging you. You posted this and you got our honest thoughts about it. I don't think you are evil, I just think as you stated, you are lost, and it's up to YOU to find God and seek HIM out, not the other way around. We do not live in those times anymore as sad as it may seem...otherwise the world would not be the way it is. Just take a good look around you, Satan is everywhere with his lies and false promises. Satan seeks you out when you are week and that's what I feel happened to you.
Now don't be down because some here are questionable, simply ignore us and move on...perhaps we are the ones who are lost..or even jealous of the fact that God did choose you...Just remember only you know the truth and maybe even your wife?? And if it was the holy spirit, keep it inside you...even God said this in the bible and I don't know what verse I just know HE said this...
Magestica

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by magestica
I personally do not think that God does the things he did in the bible anymore, one reason is I don't think HE is really "here" anymore

I've started to suspect the same thing. it seems like God has been on an extended coffee break for a while.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
attention relligious zealiots why dont you spend your time wasted praying, 4billion+ of the planet probably, getting off your backside in the temple/church/mosque/synagog and instead of useless praying that doesnt give you your world peace you so supposidly want , get up and walk outside, go and adopt orfans, help the homeless invite them into your home and feed and clothe them, stop animal cruelty, demand that cars stop being used so much, go to the middle east and act as a human sheild, after you have fed and clothed youself and your children give the rest of your money to charity..

basically you all sit there praying thinking its doing any good, i sit here and i take pity on you... pity because what are you actucally making any better, nothing your are acheiveng nothing..

if you so desperately care for the well being of the human race get off your fat backsides, use your dirty earned money and go and doing something caring adopt 20 homeless parrentless kids, buy a bum a bag of rice, do something about it instead of praying it doesn work, it never has worked in the past 1000's of years.. we are still blowing each other up, raping each other, abusing animals, children... most of the abuse comes from the institution anway..

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
attention relligious zealiots why dont you spend your time wasted praying, 4billion+ of the planet probably, getting off your backside in the temple/church/mosque/synagog and instead of useless praying that doesnt give you your world peace you so supposidly want , get up and walk outside, go and adopt orfans, help the homeless invite them into your home and feed and clothe them, stop animal cruelty, demand that cars stop being used so much, go to the middle east and act as a human sheild, after you have fed and clothed youself and your children give the rest of your money to charity..

basically you all sit there praying thinking its doing any good, i sit here and i take pity on you... pity because what are you actucally making any better, nothing your are acheiveng nothing..

if you so desperately care for the well being of the human race get off your fat backsides, use your dirty earned money and go and doing something caring adopt 20 homeless parrentless kids, buy a bum a bag of rice, do something about it instead of praying it doesn work, it never has worked in the past 1000's of years.. we are still blowing each other up, raping each other, abusing animals, children... most of the abuse comes from the institution anway..

Who is to say we dont!!!
'quote////'''DIRTY OWNED MONEY"""I wash mine............

quote///'''''get off your fat backsides''''.... I dont neccassarily sit down to 'get off'.......

Blade runner, it is not the people that are praying that are causing WORLD WAR'S to happen............
It is the people that are sitting in their fine chairs screaming abuse at each other, and making new Laws of the ''better of the world''..............Politicians....the great people of our Nations.........Wherever that may be........

Most people that scream abuse at others should first look at themselves.........and then crititize with a clean conscience !!!

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
beleiveinchrist........What religion are you......follow???

Born again Christians???
???
???

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
answer me a question please, do you think praying works

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
answer me a question please, do you think praying works

........Do you always frighten people???

YES I DO !!!

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I respect your opinion Helen but for the life of me I cant understand whyeveryone including you cannot exceat the fact that what happened to me does not need to be shared. If the Lord wanted everything he done to kept to oneself the bible would have never been written. These are the end times Helen and the Lord sais he would puor out his spirit apon all. Thats not the exact quote from the bible but it is close. I have read alot of your posts and have always thought that you always seemed to defend religion and God from all the so to speak non believers here at ATS. From all the posts I have responded to about this Miracle all of your questions should have been answered. It was not Satan who spoke through me for he does not want the Lord magnified nor talked about. It was a message from God I am sure that he has called me to preach. It is Satan working through people on this website trying to debunk his word and name by even suggesting that it was Satan who spoke through me. To answer your question about what religion I am......I truly dont have a denomination that I uphold. I am a christian though. A child of christ, born again and covered with the Blood of Jesus Christ, I was baptized by water submersion as to give a public example that I am a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and would never commit blasphemy of him. As far as the Lord not being here anymore.............Satan seems to be working on some of you pretty good I think for ever thinking that the Lord has ever left any of us for he is always there waiting for us with open arms, it is us who choose not to go to him. It is the end times and alot of people are going to see the Lord go right by them and wont be able to even grab his coattaails for once it is to late, it is to late....................................................May God be with us all .....Amen......Believer

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You are responding to my post yet referring to "Helen"
Unconfuse me please...
Magestica

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I guess I got hyped up and resonded to your post and Helens post at the same time. I will do better in the future...............................................Believer

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Thank you for clearing that up......... i was wondering what was going on........

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
...............Sorry I got you guys mixed up. To answer youyr question about it being Satan that spoke through me, You know as well as me that Satan does not promote the spreading of the word of the Lord, so we know it wasnt him, right .....Every one needs to get a grip on this thing and get a blessing from it for if the Lord didnt want people to witness and tell of the thinghs he has done for them then the bible would have never been written...................Believer

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
To answer your question about what religion I follow.....I never really have been involved in a certain denomination. I think that we are all trying to get to the same place................the petty beliefs of petty things has to be stuck in there by Satan somewhere throughout history.as christians and believers in Christ all we can do is pray about things and if we pray in sincerety and earnestly I havent a doubt that he will answer our prayers and guide us in ther right direction. I guess I am a christian Helen if that is a religion.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
"2) This is exactly why I do not go to church. Preaching does n`t do it for me. Mindless twaddle of the mildy delusional
4) Sorry Jesus is already among us and his name is Brian (don`t forget this may invalidate your ticket to heaven if you don`t get the name right)"

and HE'S saying mindless twaddle of the delusional?? ...enough said

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Jesus is among us...his name is Brian? What...have I been asleep all of my life...and THIS passed me by??
I know a few "Brians" and I certainly don't think they are Jesus...help me out here...for I am confused and lost by everything you've said..
Magestica

)PS~ TRUTH...hello??? I see you online here, and wish you WOULD add thoughts to THIS thread please...

[Edited on 5/4/03 by magestica]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join