It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnian Pyramid of the Sun carbon dated to 25,000 years old.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It's to see light after the fraud already perpetrated by Osmanagic

Wiki Article

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

I've been to the site this year...actually couple of months ago...there is no real proof that this is a pyramid. Out of all things the best case for it is the shape of the "hill". Somebody mentioned already, there are a lot of hills that have pyramid shapes. This is not out of the ordinary.

Tunnels are questionable. Osmanagic's team is practically "inventing" the tunnels as they dig. I've been to those tunnels. After visiting, you are left with a suspicious feeling that they are making the tunnels, not excavating old ones.

There are some stone slabs that kind a look like they are man made, but it's not definite. They could be a natural formation.

No entry is found to the alleged pyramids, and no chambers of any kind.

I'm not claiming they are not, but I've seen no concrete proof that those are really pyramids. And I've been there. Sure I'm not an expert, but there were no signs of anything artificial out there.

Everything else you've maybe red or heard is speculation, without no real scientific data.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

I've been to the site this year...actually couple of months ago...there is no real proof that this is a pyramid. Out of all things the best case for it is the shape of the "hill". Somebody mentioned already, there are a lot of hills that have pyramid shapes. This is not out of the ordinary.

Tunnels are questionable. Osmanagic's team is practically "inventing" the tunnels as they dig. I've been to those tunnels. After visiting, you are left with a suspicious feeling that they are making the tunnels, not excavating old ones.

There are some stone slabs that kind a look like they are man made, but it's not definite. They could be a natural formation.

I'm not claiming they are not, but I've seen no concrete proof that those are really pyramids. And I've been there. Sure I'm not an expert, but there were no signs of anything artificial out there.

Everything else you've maybe red or heard is speculation, without no real scientific data.

Pics or it didn't happen. You went all the way there and didn't take any pics?

These are enough to convince me, obviously not artificial:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I took some pics with my Iphone...but they are too dark to see anything of substance. There is a ceramic block weighing 6 tons they found while digging up the tunnels. To me that's one of the more interesting aspects. I have no goal in debunking this...I'm simply saying from first hand experience...so far what they found, doesn't necessarily point to a pyramid. Perhaps an ancient settlement...some primitive (that look strangely like ordinary rocks to me) artifacts were found.

Anyway...if you want to believe, I have no problem with that. You can even volunteer to help with the excavation, since they are lacking real funds to proceed with the digging.

My advice is...take this with a grain of salt...it could turn out to be just a publicity stunt to attract tourism to a starving community.

edit: if you want me to prove I was there, I can upload couple of those photos, but as I said...the are pretty dark and possibly useless.
edit on 15-10-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'm voting there is a find there, a midieval find or an Iron Age find, not a pyramid.
All those amateurs are doing is destroying a real potiental find in their quest to prove an imaginary one.

Also, lol at the idea that a leaf could survive on top of it for 25 thousand years! What preserved it? Fairy dust?
I've heard of only one case of non-fossilized preservation: a tree getting preserved under a glacier, a scientist found it last year as the glacier receded. Can't say I've heard of any glaciers in Bosnia...

Sounds like a lie to me, a sham presented to snare the gullible.

Edit: I mean in more wet/cold places in the open, caves and deserts preserve much better, sealed caves even more so.
edit on 15-10-2012 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
no, that puts the leaf carbon dated 25,000 years.

just like if i scraped some of that organic leaf matter and put it on a '74 buick , it wouldn't make that buick 25,000 years old.

As to the veracity of the claim, and that of the debunkage surrounding this, I have no clue, as I've done no research, but they're not claiming they found a random exposed leaf. They allegedly found a leaf which was in a spot between aspects of the alleged pyramid itself.

Nowhere near enough proof yet that it is anywhere near that old, and even if there was proof of where the leaf came from, its not enough evidence yet. Personally, I see no reason not to excavate this puppy. Worst case, you ruin a hill, best case, you have an amazing find, and the world's largest, oldest pyramid (which are tombs for pharaos - LOL...and "Mexicans", and Bosnians, and just about every other really old civilization.

Let's assume this one is B.S...there's still pyramids all over the damn place, and its about time some serious discussion as to why that is. They're not exclusive to Egypt and Mexico even. If they were, I'd look at the differences in style and say, "ok, good strong structure, just a coincidence two civs went to the trouble to build massive pyramids." but they're all over the bloody planet ffs. There's GOT to be more to it. Unfortunately, we're stuck with stodgy old "what we thought they were in 1850 is the final story" archeologiats on one side, amd wild-haired, wild-eyed, hard-to-take serious-even if they're right, "they're stargates to planet voltron" authors and TV writers. Why not a serious look for answers by serious archeologists, etc?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
All one needs to do is go to the search function on ATS and pull up the numerous threads about the 'pyramid'/ 'pyramids' and read a couple of them.

It has been shown repeatedly to be naturally occurring mountains that are there, and the people pushing the scam that it is a man made pyramid have been shown to be frauds numerous times.

Or, you can just read the Wikipedia page for Bosnian Pyramids , that will explain things very well.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

For the pyramids in the old world we have the statement of the AE and other writers about their use as tombs, the 'theory' didn't arise in 1850.

If you want a raised structure you have two easy choices, mounds or pyramids, 'pyramids' is a very vague term and their usage varied amongst cultures, the Sumerians made squarish ones that had temples on top, AE for tombs-with the mortuary temple next to it, Mesoamericans for temples atop and occassionally as tombs too..... the reason they are not thought to be from a common culture is that they were built thousands of years apart from one another....and by the way the archaeologist are still working on it!
edit on 15/10/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
All one needs to do is go to the search function on ATS and pull up the numerous threads about the 'pyramid'/ 'pyramids' and read a couple of them.

It has been shown repeatedly to be naturally occurring mountains that are there, and the people pushing the scam that it is a man made pyramid have been shown to be frauds numerous times.

Or, you can just read the Wikipedia page for Bosnian Pyramids , that will explain things very well.

I remember such a thread. A few skeptics touted the Egyptian arcelogists LIES that it was just natural mountains, whilst others showed the carbon dating, the tunnels and passages, and revealed the pyramids.

Of course, you thought the wrong side, the one without the carbon dating, wihtout the excavation and the evidence and structures won? All the work is just a giant holographic illusion eh?

Ludicrous post.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Yes they actually did 'win', and the Bosnian 'pyramids' remain hills

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Ludicrous post.

Ahh, maybe so, but some hold that following the continuing scam that has been debunked time and again is ludicrous. There have been lies before, and there will be more....

I point to this thread as proof of more.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Wow! That's an extremely interesting article to say the least. I didn't even know that these pyramids existed, much less that they would predate most others found on the planet.

Good find, F&S for the OP.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Nothing has ever been debunked regarding the pyramids. The debunking is just someone posts or opinons or the economic interests of a few partisan egyptian experts, while real scientists have already carbon dated artifects found within the ancient structure.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Nothing has ever been debunked regarding the pyramids. The debunking is just someone posts or opinons or the economic interests of a few partisan egyptian experts, while real scientists have already carbon dated artifects found within the ancient structure.

The problem is that Osmie and friends cannot provide evidence that it IS a pyramid nor of the culture that would have produced it, if you believe it was 'built' can you point to the quarries?

A link to one of the real ruins at the site

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by Unity_99

The problem is that Osmie and friends cannot provide evidence that it IS a pyramid nor of the culture that would have produced it, if you believe it was 'built' can you point to the quarries?

A link to one of the real ruins at the site
I would urge the 'pyramid' believers to hit the link that you posted.

Interesting that Osmagic claims something that actually isn't there is, but claims that something that does exist doesn't, and they have pics to prove him wrong.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Osmie does provide two useful things:

1. A good example of an archaeological scam for Archaeology 101 students

2. Proof that an evil, world-wide archaeology conspiracy which is dedicated to hiding Atlantean vases and Lemurian art work, cities full of giants and other stuff - from us sheeple - doesn't exist, for if it did Osmie wouldn't be around now would he? lol

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Pics or it didn't happen. You went all the way there and didn't take any pics?

These are enough to convince me, obviously not artificial:

I dunno, the stone slabs in that last picture look as if cast from some sort of ballast concrete.
not carved rock.

The second one up
looks as if it's carved out of the hill also, not uncovered. Lol.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'd suggest you take a look at the geology of the hill and why it looks like 'layers'

Geology of the hill

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I dunno, the stone slabs in that last picture look as if cast from some sort of ballast concrete

There are types of rock that look like concrete.

Breccia

Conglomerate

ETA: I see now that Hanslune's link covers it.

edit on 15-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fineousstitch
www.missiontoamerica.com...

The world is only 6 thousand yrs old. see link for proof

So there is no way that leaf could be 25000 years old

::: Breaks into Museum of Natural History ::::

:: Smashes case takes an object ::::

:: Lobs it at Fineousstich's forehead ::

Fossil

walks away

new topics