It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 protesters swarm Hollywood Boulevard in LA, clashes with police reported

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

400 protesters swarm Hollywood Boulevard in LA, clashes with police reported

rt.com

A group of 400 people, mainly skateboarders, filled an intersection of Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles, throwing bottles at police and clashing with officers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
No more details for now, I am trying to find other sources yet there aren't. Has anyone more information on this? Google seems to be "empty", at least for now. I will update this thread as soon as I get some more info - for now only RT is reporting.

(How am I supposed to write 50 words or more if there is not more info on this subject)

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by absente

Sounds more like a riot to me. They're not protesting. This all started because the skaters were at some skateboard movie and started trouble with the cops.

LAPD on Alert After Skateboarders Riot in Hollywood

www.ktla.com...

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KTLA) -- Los Angeles police in Hollywood are on a tactical after a large group of skateboarders began rioting there Saturday night, officials said.

Patrolling officers encountered between 400 and 500 skateboarders about 8:30 p.m. on Hollywood Bouelvard just east of Ivar Street. As the officers called for backup, members of the group began throwing rocks and bottles at the patrol car, an LAPD detective told KTLA.

Officers in the area were then placed on the tactical alert.

Officials have not yet released word regarding arrests or injuries.

Skateboarders, Police Clash at West Hollywood Premiere

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

Dozens of people attending a skateboarding movie premiere clashed with police Saturday night in West Hollywood near the Vine Theater.

Several people identified by local media as skateboarders threw bottles at police officers, according to a report from NBC4. Twitter feeds from people on the scene describe police in riot gear flanking the intersection of Hollywood Blvd. and Vine and walking toward the crowd.

According to the website of skateboarding company Bakerboys Distribution, their film Bake and Destroy was slated to premiere at the Vine Theater Saturday night. Reports from the scene indicate a crowd of moviegoers had congregated in the area, but many dispersed when riot police arrived.

Skateboard Riot in Hollywood As 500 Gather For Bake And Destroy Film

blogs.laweekly.com...

Some of the skateboarders who had lined up to see skate film Bake And Destroy ended up throwing rocks and bottles at police tonight in what will probably become known as the Hollywood Skater Riot of 2012.

So far no injuries or arrests were reported. But on a busy night, with cops working crowd control along the space shuttle Endeavour's South L.A. journey, police had to rush to the Hollywood unrest: The entire LAPD West Bureau was put on tactical alert, Det. Gus Villanueva told the Weekly.

See this link for more great quality pictures

edit on 14-10-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It's legit.

They're saying it's 400 skateboarders.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What are they protesting?
The price of custom boards in the skate shops?
Tan lines?
Too much sun?

Hollywood? Really?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Maybe they planned a flash mob of some kind and police interrupted them. I could imagine 400 skateboarders dancing "Gangman Style" at the Hollywood Boulevard

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I think protesting is just a nice word to throw in to get clicks. Protesters have a purpose, retards throw rocks and bottles.
In b4 people complaining about police brutality.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
My kid works in that area.

She said its not particularly unusual. They don't want trouble - - - so if anything starts - - the riot police respond instantly.

They shut trouble down before it can take hold and get completely out of hand.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

It's about coming up and staying on top
And screamin' 187 on a mother ****n' cop.

edit on 14-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I was in a similar riot in California - about 1982 or so, in Livermore. Kids will be kids I suppose. In the riot I was part of, they tried to stop us from having "cruise night" and we refused their suggestion.

With modern technology they'll probably know the ID of just about every person there based upon cell phone info. Back in the day their technique was to smash our tail lights at stop signs and red lights as we all finally got bored of rioting and went to leave. For about two months anyone with a broken taillight, in the Bay Area, would get pulled over, and it it was a young driver? They got issued a mountain of BS tickets.

But that was in a world where we didn't stop to call rowdy kids "terrorists"... so who knows now.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

But that was in a world where we didn't stop to call rowdy kids "terrorists"... so who knows now.

And who is calling these kids terrorists?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Did I say "these kids"?

We'll see how the media and local politicians spin it. But "terrorist" is definitely a potential. Especially if any online resource was used as a rallying point.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Superhans

Did I say "these kids"?

Seriously? That is one of the worst style of responses that I see on ATS. You wanna go that route? Fine, did I say that you said "these kids"? No I asked a question that you are dodging.- see it sounds no less stupid when I do it.

top topics

join