It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Ridiculed For Using Food Stamps

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by RealSpoke

That is what the manager implied

YOU think that’s what he implied…that’s YOUR interpretation.

He spoke clearly (if indeed he did say this) when he said, “Well excuse me that I work for a living and don't rely on food stamps like you." He DOES work for a living and she DOESN’T. His statement was accurate. He didn’t give his opinion as to WHY she doesn’t work.

As many holes as you dig for yourself I think you may have traded in your shovel for an excavator.

Oh my gods---

None of you "regulars" (you know who you are) can say anything about the OP after this whopper your colleague just typed.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

I believe that people that work for the government should not be allowed to buy fillet mignon and booze
and be able to write it off. Of course they get a stipend for those things as well. So for a poor person its a hand out and for a politician its a perk? Bravo.

What a LAME analogy!

You must be talking about a 'meal allowance' for government officials while traveling. Almost ALL BUSINESSES reimburse employees for meals when they send their employees on the road; this is a common practice. They are allowed a certain dollar amount PER DAY. If they CHOOSE to buy filet mignot then the rest of their meals will most certainly be out of pocket!

That was weak!

edit on 11-10-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Oh my gods---

None of you "regulars" (you know who you are) can say anything about the OP after this whopper your colleague just typed.

Did you have a point or are you here to distract?

……Just wondering

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

EXCUSE ME?? You were defending her “right” to buy whatever she wants. Try and follow along. Allow me to quote you:
"Why should she choose to eat rice & beans just because you chose to eat those items. Isn't that the same as her saying that you should choose to do what she does.. neither would be right, as even those who recieve these entitlements are still permitted their own freedoms of choice. Those rights aren't handed in simply because a person is collecting something from the state.
RobinB022

Yes. I was defending her right to choice, and never said anything about going against the rules.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

I think Obama is known as the "foodstamp president" if you will, and will gladly wear that badge. And those that call him that use it in a defamatory way. Its obvious this goes beyond being a republican talking point on TV, and into actual mistreatment of Americans.

Many people dont understand the absolute pain in the ass trouble getting on (THEN STAYING ON) Food stamps is. Its not a quick, convenient process. It mentally bruises you a bit too. Hard to leave those offices feeling great about your future.

Its a misconception that they are just handed out to anyone who applies. Most that qualify in my state dont even know it, or use them. 52% of people who qualify for EBT/Food Stamps, dont know it, or dont use it. That means there should be a hell of a lot of more people using the system that abstain because of their own reasons.. I think a lot of it is the social stigma, and judgement they fear from being part of that system.

It needs to stop. This is atrocious behavior. And I know this sentiment goes beyond this one situation. I have many friends who work for Smiths Grocery store, and all complain about the 2nd and 3rd of the month because its when all the FS Families come in and stock up.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I believe the point is implied. Of course, I guess somebody who lacks the normal amount of inference skills might have a hard time understanding my point.

"I'm Seabag and I lack the basic ability of human inference when it fits my agenda."

-Seabag

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I know right?

He spoke clearly (if indeed he did say this) when he said,

If you don't even know what a person said, how in hell do you know that it was said "clearly?"
I saw that way back when, but I was just.. [shhh]

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Dude you live in fantasy land. That was weak??? Your weak. So the bailout wasn't welfare to the banks?
Our politicians get many perks its sicking. When someone poor gets food stamps they called scum but when
politicians take all those perks they are entitled. Bravo.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022
reply to post by NavyDoc

One is not entitled to the earnings of another. Simple.

Ok, good enough. Does this mean that you [&others] will stop calling food stamps, disability,etc., entitlement programs in other threads? I guess it's all in the context, because when I used the word entitled it was scorned upon.

See, it's all good when people who know nothing of what they speak to use these terms in a derogatory fashion, but flip side of that, when I say it in a different way it just makes those same people angry. All I know is.. when I initially filed for disability I felt bad, as though I were somehow wrong even though I could no longer work at my job, but I was told that I was 'entitled' to my disability check. I don't feel ashamed anymore, and I think even that makes some people mad. As if, if I felt embarrassed or ashamed they would be happier. Really, there's just no winning in the situation.

"Entitlement program" is the term that is widely used. We can call them other things if you like. "Wealth redistribution" "Charity" "Insurance." Is there some who legitimately need some help? Sure. Are there people who abuse the system? Certainly. Is the system becoming overtaxed an less and less viable? Without a doubt. As someone who cannot work due to injury, I would think that you would resent those who try to game the system because they A). take money form people who really need it and B). make those who really need it look bad. Kind of like legitimate pain patients that have to struggle to get pain meds and suffer stigma for it due to the actions of abusers and addicts.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KoolerKing
reply to post by seabag

Dude you live in fantasy land. That was weak??? Your weak. So the bailout wasn't welfare to the banks?
Our politicians get many perks its sicking. When someone poor gets food stamps they called scum but when
politicians take all those perks they are entitled. Bravo.

No, politicains are scum also, even worse. Who do you think are buying votes with all of the handouts?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I believe the point is implied. Of course, I guess somebody who lacks the normal amount of inference skills might have a hard time understanding my point.

"I'm Seabag and I lack the basic ability of human inference when it fits my agenda."

Oh, I get it now! You have to be of a certain “intelligence” level to infer meaning when it isn’t there…..kind of like the ability needed to see ghosts and other things that aren’t there?

Got it!!

Well, you geniuses are sure teaching me a lot…..Thanks!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by RealSpoke

Elitest Republican? How do you know what the managers affiliation is?
Did he come out and say it? Or are you just assuming...?
You just turned it into a political division with that statement.

(I had to note...I'm replying to the initial OP and first replies here...err...the thread did wander a touch didn't it? lol)

I agree 100%. I felt good and thought for once I'd agree with the OP entirely ...right up to where it HAD to bring politics into a situation that I saw no indication of within the story at all.

As for this woman....Oh, my heart goes out to her. It's easy to lose sight, I think, of how many good and decent people are inside that figure of food stamps climbing the way they have.

This is nothing like times where the Economy has been in high gear and flying with more jobs than there are people to fill them ......and some slug chooses to sit on the couch eating Bon Bons and watching Soap operas.

I know people right in this area....PROUD people...who would have said years back they would have done (insert drastic action) before ever taking a "handout" or "charity" and they meant every word of it. I'm gracious enough not to remind some of them of those words now...if I see them at the store using THEIR EBT cards today.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added first line note at the top

link   
"Troolllly trollllyyyy trolllllllllllllly troll....blah blah blah I have megamillions I'm entitled to nothing being taken from me and the peasants can all lick my boots if they're hungry bla blah blah" That mentality makes me verry disgusted and is the reason I support eugenics.

edit on 11-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

link   
reply to post by RobinB022

If you don't even know what a person said, how in hell do you know that it was said "clearly?"
I saw that way back when, but I was just..

Obviously I know what he supposedly said…..I quoted it!!

We don’t know that he actually said it though……were you there? Besides, saying someone is unemployed isn't saying someone is lazy, even though some "intelligent" members want to make that leap for the benefit of their outrage.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
"Troolllly trollllyyyy trolllllllllllllly troll....blah blah blah I have megamillions I'm entitled to nothing being taken from me and the peasants can all lick my boots if they're hungry bla blah blah" That mentality makes me verry disgusted and is the reason I support eugenics.

edit on 11-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

Cool, so can I have your stuff? Just let me know when you are not at home and I'll help myself to anything I don't think you need. 'Kay?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi

Kroger spokesman Glynn Jenkins told 13WMAZ Friday that he could not verify exactly what was said between Nerger and the manager. But he also challenged her version of the story. He said the company is speaking with other employees who witnessed the exchange.

The other side

I will wait till both side weigh in before judging, unlike others

I heard about this story quite a while ago. Apparently she threw a S#!t fit when she was trying to buy some premium foods, (expensive deli meat IIR) on her food card and became very distruptive. The manager finally relented because she was making a scene and backing up the line so he just gave her the extra food to get rid of her. Since then, Krogers has offered her $500 gift certificates twice but she ahs rejected them, hiring a lawyer. She appears to be an entitlement minded individual looking for a paycheck.

If the items are covered, it shouldnt be any of YOUR business or anyone else's what she is buying. Maybe it was a birthday and she wanted to make a good dinner.

It makes me ill that people think poor people should only eat macaroni and ramon noodles.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

What? You don't think this has turned into a political troll thread...I do...
And whoever said anything about taking anybody's stuff...that's what I'm talking about mega paranoid much??? I mean yeah I said something sarcastically doesn't mean taking someones stuff...unlike you I don't have sh*t really but if I can help a fellow citizen in need if it meant giving the shirt off my back I would unlike selfish people that should be euthenised.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi

Kroger spokesman Glynn Jenkins told 13WMAZ Friday that he could not verify exactly what was said between Nerger and the manager. But he also challenged her version of the story. He said the company is speaking with other employees who witnessed the exchange.

The other side

I will wait till both side weigh in before judging, unlike others

I heard about this story quite a while ago. Apparently she threw a S#!t fit when she was trying to buy some premium foods, (expensive deli meat IIR) on her food card and became very distruptive. The manager finally relented because she was making a scene and backing up the line so he just gave her the extra food to get rid of her. Since then, Krogers has offered her $500 gift certificates twice but she ahs rejected them, hiring a lawyer. She appears to be an entitlement minded individual looking for a paycheck.

If the items are covered, it shouldnt be any of YOUR business or anyone else's what she is buying. Maybe it was a birthday and she wanted to make a good dinner.

It makes me ill that people think poor people should only eat macaroni and ramon noodles.

It is no ones business what someone buys with their own money. I don't disagree with that at all. When the taxpayer is buying the meal, then the taxpayer has every right to put standards in place.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Double

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join