It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Hypocrisy.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Originally posted by milominderbinder
reply to post by Sinny

You know what's the most confusing to me? It's how the hard-core right wingers are 100% CONVINCED that the Federal Government is inherently evil, absolutely dishonest, and has NOTHING but malevolent intent inside our borders...but then magically becomes a model of benevolence, altruism, and goodwill to mankind as soon as we start dropping bombs on brown people.

Which is it? Does the government lie or not? If they do...then who in their right mind would doubt FOR ONE SECOND that they would lie about the Japanese wanting to surrender for 7 months previous to our unwarranted nuking of women and children? Why would the government lie to us about something like healthcare...but tell the gospel truth about wars in the Middle East?

Which one needs more propaganda to justify? Taking care of kids with cancer or killing a couple hundred thousand civilians in Iraq? Statistically speaking...shouldn't the one that is harder to "sell" to the public be the one with the greatest amount of lies in the story??

Where's all this right-wing "common sense" I always hear so much about??

Haha, your funny
"Dropping bombs on brown people".. Many thanks for joining in this thread. I'm yet to see a half decent rebuttal. Why canny they just swallow it? o_O

Easy. Because they are being hypocrites.

What's that they say..."admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery"?? I'll never understand people who cannot look at themselves, their country, or their beliefs, and admit that they might have made a few mistakes somewhere.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It pains me to say it, but as an American, there is nothing Sinny wrote in her OP that I disagree with.

The hypocrisy of American actions in the last 50 years or so has been a bitter pill to swallow. We are brainwashed through the media to believe that we truly are "a beacon of freedom and hope", and we only want to share "democracy' with the world.....All the time destroying freedom on our own soil, taking away all hope, and we have never been a true democracy (we are a republic, always have been).

We have become a fascist state (one in which corporate and government interests merge to become an intolerable mess in which corrupt business runs amok with the full blessing of the government, and the people become cannon fodder or abused chattel).

We cannot correct any of these problems by going into complete denial, or in defensive mode. Sinny holds up a mirror to our darkest side, and it is imperative that we view it full on. Pre-emtive wars, torture, indefinite detainment of people not first found guilty by a legitimate court of law in a fair trial with representation, the removal of our rights to peacefully assemble and protest, and removal of the necessity of warrants based on probable cause, the purchasing of our government officials by corporate interests or foreign fifth columns, the complete corruption and falsification of our election process....I could go on and on.

Even as I type this, I wonder if I'm being monitored for simply speaking my mind, and the truth as I see it. I shouldn't feel this way if the hype about America is correct, but yet, as a citizen, I am afraid.

The empire is indeed crumbling, and as it does so, it seeks to controls its citizen's very thoughts and actions. I fear that it is only going to get worse before it gets better.
edit on 28-9-2012 by FissionSurplus because: grammar error

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Actually, no. Had you been paying attention, the point of the post was to adress her premise that we are eveil baby-killing terrorists. The name was a sidebar. I've saved quite a few Iraqi and Afghani lives in my time. I doubt she has done a single one, in spite of all her machinations. It is easy to armchair quarterback from a comfortable flat thousands of miles away.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
It pains me to say it, but as an American, there is nothing Sinny wrote in her OP that I disagree with.

The hypocrisy of American actions in the last 50 years or so has been a bitter pill to swallow. We are brainwashed through the media to believe that we truly are "a beacon of freedom and hope", and we only want to share "democracy' with the world.....All the time destroying freedom on our own soil, taking away all hope, and we have never been a true democracy (we are a republic, always have been).

We have become a fascist state (one in which corporate and government interests merge to become an intolerable mess in which corrupt business runs amok with the full blessing of the government, and the people become cannon fodder or abused chattel).

We cannot correct any of these problems by going into complete denial, or in defensive mode. Sinny holds up a mirror to our darkest side, and it is imperative that we view it full on. Pre-emtive wars, torture, indefinite detainment of people not first found guilty by a legitimate court of law in a fair trial with representation, the removal of our rights to peacefully assemble and protest, and removal of the necessity of warrants based on probable cause, the purchasing of our government officials by corporate interests or foreign fifth columns, the complete corruption and falsification of our election process....I could go on and on.

Even as I type this, I wonder if I'm being monitored for simply speaking my mind, and the truth as I see it. I shouldn't feel this way if the hype about America is correct, but yet, as a citizen, I am afraid.

The empire is indeed crumbling, and as it does so, it seeks to controls it's citizen's very thoughts and actions. I fear that it is only going to get worse before it gets better.

Thank you for stepping up as a fellow American and being willing to admit that we make some very bad mistakes.

Notice...I'm not accusing you of "hating America" or being a "jihadist".

You are a hell of a lot more American than those who goose-step in unison to whatever war or atrocity our government is off to commit next.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

eveil baby-killing terrorists.

How on Earth am I supposed to keep up with you guys when you keep adding adjectives I haven't used?! Ever! lol

and FYI the Afghans wouldn't need "saving" if you weren't there in the bloody first place!

Same as the Iraqis:

edit on 28-9-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Hook 'em horns!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

and FYI the Afghans wouldn't need "saving" if you weren't there in the bloody first place!

Because things were just peachy-keen in A-stan while under the Taliban.

I mean, they were moving headlong into the 4th Century. Progress!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Getting involved in soveriegn affairs is the solution, right?!

I don't see the US helping all those poor children in the Ivory Coast... Of Sh*t yea... they dont have Opium fields down that way.. do they? o_O

Not to mention Afghans just be bombed back into 100 AD.
Thats going to move their evolution smoothly along..yea?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Well, MY soldiers are IRA. (FYI you can start a new thread if you want to discuss them)

Ah, yes, the good ol' IRA.

Inventor of the car bomb.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Getting involved in soveriegn affairs is the solution, right?!

I don't see the US helping all those poor children in the Ivory Coast... Of Sh*t yea... they dont have Opium fields down that way.. do they? o_O

If you asked most Americans, they'd rather see the US in the Ivory Coast. I know most would rather have had us in Rwanda than anywhere else.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Thanks, milo. I'm a first generation American, so perhaps I haven't been as brainwashed as those who have roots much deeper in this country.

I learned how America is supposed to be, via the vision of the Founding Fathers, and I have observed it to be something entirely different as the years go by.

Although I've never been in the military, I have a daughter, a step-daughter, and two sons-in-law who serve our country (Army and Air Force). They've done 8 tours of duty between them. I worry to death about them, sent overseas for the purpose of being the enforcement arm of the military / industrial complex, to sweep the field clean so corporations can come in with no competition and help themselves to cheap labor and raw materials.

One son-in-law is scheduled to be deployed again, somewhere in the middle east, early next spring. I shake my head and wonder what for.......I fear for his safety, I truly do.

The US has destroyed its sterling reputation the world over in the last 10 years. What can we do to restore it? Hint: Stop starting wars with countries who have not attacked us would be an excellent start.

America is so full of wonderful people; caring, intelligent, empathetic, and distressed about how things are going. How do we stop the train wreck as it is in progress??

link   

Not to mention Afghans just be bombed back into 100 AD.
Thats going to move their evolution smoothly along..yea?

And they solution to striking back at the Western Invader?

Lemme see, killing kids at Skatistan. How about throwing acid on girls? That always seems to work.

link   
reply to post by jerico65

What you supposed to do when you have half an armed army shooting upon your women and children, with all the men taken out the picture so they cant defend their nation?

Don't. Even. Go. There.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Hook 'em horns!

Yeah it must be the texas longhorns. LMFAO! That is what george bush jr said....

BUT what would the turd ahMADinJIHAD know about them?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

The IRA.. trust me, if the IRA was worth a lick they would be just as involved. Besides, you have no actual real world experience. You are spewing information based off of things you have read and heard. Your post is worth as much as an Alex Jones blog.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Actually, no. Had you been paying attention, the point of the post was to adress her premise that we are eveil baby-killing terrorists. The name was a sidebar. I've saved quite a few Iraqi and Afghani lives in my time. I doubt she has done a single one, in spite of all her machinations. It is easy to armchair quarterback from a comfortable flat thousands of miles away.

Ummm...no...she never said "all US soldiers are baby-killing terrorists"...she CORRECTLY asserted that Americans have one HELL of a penchant for EXCUSING those WHO ARE baby-killing terrorists whilst simultaneously condemning the same behavior in others. You know...hypocrisy.

I totally believe you that you, yourself, have not committed any war crimes. I also believe that you may have saved a lot of Iraqi and Afghani lives. The question is..."Why would you then defend those elements of our government who do NOT have the same kinds of ethics and morals that you do?"

Average Joe Marine didn't make the call to drop the atomic bomb in WWII...our prick politicians did. You aren't holding Bradley Manning without trial...right? Are you responsible for the erosion of our civil liberties or the subversion of our Constitution? I don't think so...I blame the Bush and Obama Administrations. You haven't been using chemical weapons expressly forbidden by Article I.5 of the CWC Treaty against our own women and children who are assembling peacefully to petition their government for a redress of grievances as the 1st Amendment guarantees...those were all a bunch of pigs in riot gear...right?

Sinny hasn't once BLAMED you for these war crimes and abuses of human rights...but she IS blaming those who EXCUSE THOSE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM WHILST SIMULTANEOUSLY CONDEMNING THE SAME THING WHEN A FOREIGN GOVERNMENT DOES IT.

Pick one...if killing civilians is "wrong"...then it can't be "right" when we do it and we shouldn't defend our government when they decide all of a sudden that it's OK as long as it's the USA doing the killing.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Read and heard? yes.

My Uncle and Grandmothers head stone are there to tell the tale also.

In fact, my eldest uncles flying from Ireland tonight, are there any facts you want clarified? I gladly post them here.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by 31Bravo

Read and heard? yes.

My Uncle and Grandmothers head stone are there to tell the tale also.

In fact, my eldest uncles flying from Ireland tonight, are there any facts you want clarified? I gladly post them here.

Sure.. like what is your families head stones have to do with your topic

Don't tell me that your uncle is your source
edit on 28-9-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Your talking about the IRA, and tell me I have no world experiences. I've just shown you how I'm affected by an experience that effected the whole of my family. But your right, in regards to America, we shouldn't be having this conversation, I did say to "Take it to another thread".

Anything else? On topic?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by 31Bravo

Your talking about the IRA, and tell me I have no world experiences. I've just shown you how I'm affected by an experience that effected the whole of my family. But your right, in regards to America, we shouldn't be having this conversation, I did say to "Take it to another thread".

Anything else? On topic?
You are trying to mask the fact that you are incompetent on this topic and have no actual evidence to back up ANY of your claims.

Real world experience means ever having visited an Islamic country to get a feel for what the mindset and mentalities of the nationals there are or what the Soldiers positive influences are doing instead of all the negative ones blasted in a stupid magazine.

I could give a rats *snip* about the IRA, you brought that up and then somethin about your uncle's schedule.

It is you that is going off topic. Just because I'm challenging your credibility on this matter doesn't make me off topic.. who are you to judge something you probably have no idea about? Somethin to think about.
edit on 28-9-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join