It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney in secretly taped video: Obama voters ‘dependent’ on government

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv
Mitt Romney....I really have trouble finding polite words to respond to this man. Sometimes I wonder if he even actually lives in America. When was the last time he walked down the average American street? For that matter, when was the last time he actually did anything in which he had to function in society with everyone else?

It seems very clear to me that Romney lives in a world which the majority of Americans will never know nor understand. He is one of the top elite who control most of the wealth and means of production. He simply would make for a very bad leader of the common people. I thought that Bush Jr. and Obama were pretty bad leaders but Romney has both of them beat. Romney is totally disconnected from the common people. He has no clue as to what is needed to get the US economy back on track. I am also sure he would be awful on foreign policy. If this man becomes president, America is in for some serious problems. The kind of problems that an election or impeachment will not fix.

Yeah, because the Current Moron as President is SO GOOD>

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Reading some of these comments really saddens me. It seems that many people think that anyone who recieves government assistance is a lazy freeloader and deserves to be poor and desperate.

I receive food stamps from the government. I don't get them because I want to, I get them because I have to. I'm married and have 3 kids. My wife works very hard at a low paying job. She supports our family the best she can right now. I don't work. I'm a stay at home dad because I'm a disabled veteran. I was injured back when I was in the Army. My injury wasn't so bad at the time and I was able to continue on with my enlistment term and work after I got out. But over the years my injury has gotten worse. It's now at the point that I have to walk with a cane everywhere I go, if it's a day I CAN walk. There are many days I can't even stand up without the use of my forearm crutches because the pain is just too much. I WANT to work, but who's going to hire a guy like me? Where could I possibly work that would be OK with a guy who would have to miss work days at time without notice? I don't get SSI disability. I probably could, but I don't. I do however get VA compensation. They rate me at 20%. That's $251 a month I get for the injury I sustained in the Army. I get hat and $200 a month in food stamps.

I'm sorry that I'm a drain on your perfect vision of society. I'm sorry I'm not rich. I wish I were, but that's not the cards I was dealt in life. I wish I could make it better, but from where I'm laying at this moment, I don't see how it's possible. For all of those that think everyone on government assistance is a lazy and worthless human, I'll be open to any ideas you may have to help me get rich so I am no longer a burden for you...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv
Mitt Romney....I really have trouble finding polite words to respond to this man. Sometimes I wonder if he even actually lives in America. When was the last time he walked down the average American street? For that matter, when was the last time he actually did anything in which he had to function in society with everyone else?

It seems very clear to me that Romney lives in a world which the majority of Americans will never know nor understand. He is one of the top elite who control most of the wealth and means of production. He simply would make for a very bad leader of the common people. I thought that Bush Jr. and Obama were pretty bad leaders but Romney has both of them beat. Romney is totally disconnected from the common people. He has no clue as to what is needed to get the US economy back on track. I am also sure he would be awful on foreign policy. If this man becomes president, America is in for some serious problems. The kind of problems that an election or impeachment will not fix.

it is my opinion that his political view is EXACTLY the opposite of what America actually needs.

It's also my opinion that this crook, this man, would be the WORST which could happen to America in a long time, for many reasons. Plus they will get the likelihood of a WWIII thrown in as a bonus as well. This crook multimillionaire which is entirely out of touch with the problems of America would be the end of the US. This is my personal opinion.

edit on 18-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stupe

I'm sorry that I'm a drain on your perfect vision of society. I'm sorry I'm not rich. I wish I were, but that's not the cards I was dealt in life. I wish I could make it better, but from where I'm laying at this moment, I don't see how it's possible. For all of those that think everyone on government assistance is a lazy and worthless human, I'll be open to any ideas you may have to help me get rich so I am no longer a burden for you...

Don't pay attention to people here. They are constantly talking out of their neck. ATS is Redstate lite these days. They talk big, but if they were in the same place they would be doing the same thing as you. I think people forget about this concept of "empathy".

As to the OP, I really don't understand what has happened to Romney. He has become this unlikable person. He used to be very personable and down to earth. I'm not sure what happened in the last 5 years to change that.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Mitt Romney forgot that retirees and vets make up at LEAST 40% of that 47% (By that I mean 60% of the 47% are not retirees or vets) But these are folks who have worked their whole lives and now get SSI, or are living on a 401k. Or are super - wealthy and have dividend payments... A lot of them are Romney voters.... Including poor white voters who are voting principally for the GOP or more accurately, against Obama... What a gaffe.. He just insulted all of them, and many of them may not vote at all, out of shame or disinterest..

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1
Mitt Romney forgot that retirees and vets make up at LEAST 40% of that 47% (By that I mean 60% of the 47% are not retirees or vets) But these are folks who have worked their whole lives and now get SSI, or are living on a 401k. Or are super - wealthy and have dividend payments... A lot of them are Romney voters.... Including poor white voters who are voting principally for the GOP or more accurately, against Obama... What a gaffe.. He just insulted all of them, and many of them may not vote at all, out of shame or disinterest..

And exactly how many Americans are on food stamps right now?

Does Obama want them living in poverty and on food stamps --- forever ---.

What ever happened to self-reliance and prosperity?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

And that he is 100% wrong. The majority of people on welfare are rural people that vote republican.

Almost everything you post contains gross falsehoods. If you are trying to represent Democrats you'd do a better job at it by posting something truthful.

Welfare Dependency

10.2% of Black Americans were welfare dependent, compared to 5.7% of Hispanics and 2.2% of non-Hispanic Whites

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

And that he is 100% wrong. The majority of people on welfare are rural people that vote republican.

Almost everything you post contains gross falsehoods. If you are trying to represent Democrats you'd do a better job at it by posting something truthful.

Welfare Dependency

10.2% of Black Americans were welfare dependent, compared to 5.7% of Hispanics and 2.2% of non-Hispanic Whites

How are you refuting RealSpoke's statement? You posted some statistics based upon race. Your stats make no mention of rural vs. urban or Democrat vs. Republican.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

How are you refuting RealSpoke's statement? You posted some statistics based upon race. Your stats make no mention of rural vs. urban or Democrat vs. Republican.

Blacks are 95% Democrat. In Urban areas that number is even higher.

Rural Republicans are mostly white.

edit on 18-9-2012 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
What ever happened to self-reliance and prosperity?

It got outsourced to China.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think this thread perfectly illustrates the ideological and even moral differences that exist today in America.
There are people like myself, who see the disabled, the sick, the handicapped, the elderly, the un and under employed, the downtrodden, and think "What can we do? What good are we as a nation, if we can't even help those that are struggling?"

Sure, there will be people who abuse the system, but I'm not concerned with them. Those sort of people will always exist, and ironically, they exist at the very bottom, and the very top!
But for every person who abuses the system, there are 100 who genuinely need it, and those are the people I'm worried about.

And then you have those like Romney and some on this thread, who look down at those who are struggling. To them, every one of those people deserve to be in their positions. They're lesser humans. "They're the 47% of people who won't vote for me," even though that statement is none other than pure ignorance and shows a total lack of tact or caring from someone who would be AMERICA'S President.

But these are the mentalities that we have.
Just like Bill Clinton said, "It's a difference between we're all in this together vs you're on your own"

I just find it sadly ironic that many of those who feel that "you're on your own" have no problem spending billions of dollars each year 'spreading their freedom' to countries who would love nothing better than to be left on their own. Yet, it's these same people who gripe about spending money on welfare and social programs here at home.

It's a sad state to be in, and one of the many reasons I have no interest in voting for a person like Romney.
If anything, America needs a president who doesn't abandon the 47% percent who are struggling.
edit on 18-9-2012 by xEphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Welfare Dependency

Actually, your both right.
The majority of people on assistance are white.
There are a lot of white people in the USA, keep that in mind.
The 2.2% of white outnumber by far the 10.2%

This is math, not art. if there are 100 white people and 20 black people, 10% of the white are 10 and 20% of blacks are 4.
Realspoke didn't give false information, however, it is a tailored number that may not be telling the entire story..still, you saying it being a gross falsehood is foolish as it is factual. just not the whole story.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It`s very simple really, the government needs money to operate, someone has to pay taxes so that the government can do what we elected them to do.
poor people have little to no money so taxing them is kind of pointless, even if you taxed them at 90% you wouldn`t get enough money to keep the government operating for very long.The last thing we want to do is to create more poor people by taxing people into poverty,because then they will qualify for government hand outs and put more of a strain on the system.

remove the emotions from it, forget about fair and unfair, someone has to pay to keep the government operating.We could tax the poor at 90% but all we would get is 90% of nothing.
allowing the government and the country to go bankrupt in the name of fairness in taxation is like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

In a perfect world there would be no waste in government spending but we can`t count on the politicians to eliminate the waste because they are the ones that authorized all that waste in the first place.

putting all else aside,it`s very simple, someone has to pay to keep the government and the country solvent or we will all end up living in a bankrupt 3rd world country.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by RealSpoke

Oh my god....how do you look at yourself in the mirror.

He was saying we are spreading the American way of life to China...you are just being an arse now.

You are really embarassing yourself...just stop.

So you believe that corporations set up business in China to bring the wonderfulness of the United States to the this impoverished world, and not to exploit the huge wage differential for outrageous profit.

Talk about embarrassing, embarrassingly stupid.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

reply to post by timetothink

He was saying we are spreading the American way of life to China

YES, spreading American wealth to poor rural Chinese slave workers. Thanks for confirming what I already said.

Where was that I-635 bridge that was outsourced to Chinese workers? Why, it was in TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Blacks are 95% Democrat. In Urban areas that number is even higher.

Rural Republicans are mostly white.

edit on 18-9-2012 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)

Ok, I see where you are coming from now.

Now, let's look at those numbers again, shall we.

The 2010 census reveals a racial make as follows: 223.6 million non-Hispanic whites, 38.9 million black, and 50.5 million Hispanic.

2010.census.gov...
2010.census.gov...

so, using some simple arithmetic, let's see which of those groups has the highest number of welfare recipients:

Non-Hispanic whites: 223,600,000 x 0.022 = 4,919,200
Hispanic: 50,500,000 x 0.057 = 2,878,500
Black: 38,900,000 x 0.102 = 3,967,800

Clearly, more non-hispanic whites are on welfare. I will reply to the remainder of your post regarding rural vs. urban when I have more free time. For now, it's back to work for me.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensible1

He's not talking about Vets, retirees, etc, but freeloaders, parasites, and those who just do not want to go to work for a living. I personally know a person who got fired from his job, got 99 weeks of Obama unemployment benefits, never looked for a job the whole time, then when they ran out, he ran down and got a phoney SSI benefit to replace it. He gets food stamps, fuel assistance, etc, the whole nine yards. I get up at 4:30 every single day and work all day long and have to look at this and realize that he hasn't worked a day in almost four years straight. He goes fishing, visits friends and family, spends time up in the lakes for his numerous vacations while I work.

What I think this Romney leak will do is to finally wake up the rest of the working people and small business owners, or the 51% who will finally close the chapter on cradle to grave government nanny state life as we see it today.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
It`s very simple really, the government needs money to operate, someone has to pay taxes so that the government can do what we elected them to do.
poor people have little to no money so taxing them is kind of pointless, even if you taxed them at 90% you wouldn`t get enough money to keep the government operating for very long.The last thing we want to do is to create more poor people by taxing people into poverty,because then they will qualify for government hand outs and put more of a strain on the system.

remove the emotions from it, forget about fair and unfair, someone has to pay to keep the government operating.We could tax the poor at 90% but all we would get is 90% of nothing.
allowing the government and the country to go bankrupt in the name of fairness in taxation is like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

In a perfect world there would be no waste in government spending but we can`t count on the politicians to eliminate the waste because they are the ones that authorized all that waste in the first place.

putting all else aside,it`s very simple, someone has to pay to keep the government and the country solvent or we will all end up living in a bankrupt 3rd world country.

Why can't we just print free money?

It's just so easy.

QE-3..........$40 Billion every month..................forever ?

Helicopter Ben to the rescue.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The fast news cycle will filter this bit of Romney "news" out quickly. In a week, we'll be talking about something else, perhaps Obama? Good thing for Romney, this did not come out the week before elections.

This race was, still is, and will be DEAD EVEN.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Please do not misunderstand. Obama is also one of the top elite who control the majority of the wealth and means of production. Obama is a smooth talking shake hands with the workers kind of capitalist, while Romney is a hardcore `shut up and work or you are fired` kind of capitalist. While there are differences between the two men they both have the same goals; power and money. Obama is a `vote for me and I will give you money` leader and Romney is a `vote for me and I will take your money` kind of leader.

Obama feels a bit of guilt that he got rich off the backs of the common people so he wants to `help us` by convincing us that giving the nations wealth to the top elites will somehow save the nation. Romney could care less about getting rich off the backs of the common people and tells us to `take care of ourselves` because the top elites were born rich and will stay rich if he has anything to do with it. Romney would have also approved the massive bail outs to the banks that Obama approved of.

In the video which started this thread Romney is simply being honest about his world view. He does not care about the common people at all. He is also honest about Obama`s world view. The shock is that we see just how honest he is when he thinks none of the common people are looking or listening. It reminds me of when Bush Jr. was at a fund raiser once and said to the elites in attendance `Some people consider you the top, I consider you my base.`

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join