It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas considers removing Obama from ballot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

A GOP-controlled board in Kansas is trying to decide whether to remove President Obama from the state ballot over objections about his birth certificate.

The State Objections Board -- consisting of three of the state's top Republican elected officials -- ruled Thursday it did not yet have enough information and postponed a decision until Monday.

"I don't think it's a frivolous objection," Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach told the Topeka Capital-Journal. "I do think the factual record could be supplemented."

edit on 14-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well, it looks as though the Birther movement isn’t quite dead yet. Kansas has 6 electoral votes out of @538 so it’s not a game ender but if the election is as close as some think then every vote will count. With all the problems Obama has right now as a result of his foreign policy blunders he surely doesn’t need to fight this battle, too.

The question is, if Kansas gets this passed how many states will follow suit?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Remove him from the ballot>?

Hell, take it further remove this guy from the white house Now!

I doubt they are able to remove him, although it should be easy to
move an empty suit.

With barack were not in kansas anymore

CLICK THEM SHoES Dorothy
edit on 14-9-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This could develop into something rather interesting. For example, if Kansas refuse to recognise Obama, can the White House refuse to recognise Kansas? Cut Federal funding, etc?

Not sure how it works but i am fairly sure there will be provisions against this sort of thing happening. Otherwise, the potential is there for large scale rejection of Washington policy and potential for the break up of the States as a result.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

A GOP-controlled board in Kansas is trying to decide whether to remove President Obama from the state ballot over objections about his birth certificate.

The State Objections Board -- consisting of three of the state's top Republican elected officials -- ruled Thursday it did not yet have enough information and postponed a decision until Monday.

"I don't think it's a frivolous objection," Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach told the Topeka Capital-Journal. "I do think the factual record could be supplemented."

edit on 14-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

This guy is making suppositions about a ruling that has already been shot down, and he's making claims that he cannot back up, which will also be destroyed by Hawaii confirming his BC, as they did with Arizona.

Joe Montgomery wrote:

Barack Obama, according to multiple sources, was not born to a citizen father. His father was never even admitted to this country as a resident alien. Barack Obama Sr. retained his British and Kenyan citizenship and passed them onto his son, which Mr. Obama has publicly claimed on his Fight the Smears website. The Supreme Court specified that natural-born citizenship inherently excludes dual citizenship through a citation in U.S. v. Wong Kim Ark (which was citing U.S. v Rhodes, noting that one could only be a British subject or a natural-born citizen, and not hold both citizenships): All persons born in the allegiance of the King are natural-born subjects, and all persons born in the allegiance of the United States are natural-born citizens.

He is not a dual citizen. His BC has been confirmed by factcheck and also by Hawaii to both Arizona and one other state (Mississippi or Missouri, I dont remember which).

They've got more of a chance to win this election if they just stick with his performance record rather than promoting this BS.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

This could develop into something rather interesting. For example, if Kansas refuse to recognise Obama, can the White House refuse to recognise Kansas? Cut Federal funding, etc?

NO!

Though I wouldn’t put it past him to try!

Not sure how it works but i am fairly sure there will be provisions against this sort of thing happening. Otherwise, the potential is there for large scale rejection of Washington policy and potential for the break up of the States as a result.

I’m not so sure a breakup of the union is necessarily a bad thing at the moment. Maybe states need to shake things up and regroup; to pull power away from the fed and back to the states until the fed gets its act together and starts working FOR the people again?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

They've got more of a chance to win this election if they just stick with his performance record rather than promoting this BS.

I agree with that….this is nothing but a distraction and certainly won't be the demise of his reelection bid.

But distractions like this make his team work harder and detract from their efforts to successfully run this campaign.

The heat is on!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Well, it looks as though the Birther movement isn’t quite dead yet. Kansas has 6 electoral votes out of @538 so it’s not a game ender but if the election is as close as some think then every vote will count. With all the problems Obama has right now as a result of his foreign policy blunders he surely doesn’t need to fight this battle, too.

He has already won this battle. Sorry for the false sense of hope birthers keep being handed.

The question is, if Kansas gets this passed how many states will follow suit?

Hopefully all of them so that I can enjoy watching all the birthers hearts break at once.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The guy has withdrawn his case - www.huffingtonpost.com...
Looks like he realised that he was making himself a laughing stock and pulled the plug. Anyone who claims that US citizenship is conferred primarily through the father is a total moron anyway. My wife just almost laughed herself sick reading Montgomery's claims. Hey ho, how long until the next birther idiocy?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Looks like he realised that he was making himself a laughing stock and pulled the plug. Anyone who claims that US citizenship is conferred primarily through the father is a total moron anyway. My wife just almost laughed herself sick reading Montgomery's claims. Hey ho, how long until the next birther idiocy?

Well it was a good distraction while it lasted….

On to the next Obama conspiracy!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Well it was a good distraction while it lasted….

On to the next Obama conspiracy!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by popcornmafia
Remove him from the ballot>?

Hell, take it further remove this guy from the white house Now!

I doubt they are able to remove him, although it should be easy to
move an empty suit.

With barack were not in kansas anymore

CLICK THEM SHoES Dorothy
edit on 14-9-2012 by popcornmafia because: (no reason given)

You know, say what you will about the President,
but there ain't NO WAY an "empty suit" can cause
so much reaction from people.
You gotta govern to get that.

George W Bush, now that was an empty suit
during The CHENEY administration.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
A birth certificate was never shown to anyone and there was never any real confirmation. By saying Hawaiian officials confirmed Obama's birth, is a joke. Basically, some a-hole from Hawaii just made a statement saying "yeah, we totally have Obama's birth certificate, you should believe me because we say so and I'm an 'Official'. Then, they released a photoshopped photograph of what resembled a birth certificate. No real hard copy, no proof through any so called confirmation. Our government people are the biggest, lying, thieving crooks in the world. I would expect nothing less than a mountain of lies in this case, too.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
A birth certificate was never shown to anyone and there was never any real confirmation. By saying Hawaiian officials confirmed Obama's birth, is a joke. Basically, some a-hole from Hawaii just made a statement saying "yeah, we totally have Obama's birth certificate, you should believe me because we say so and I'm an 'Official'. Then, they released a photoshopped photograph of what resembled a birth certificate. No real hard copy, no proof through any so called confirmation. Our government people are the biggest, lying, thieving crooks in the world. I would expect nothing less than a mountain of lies in this case, too.

So, you'd like the birth certificate mailed to you so that you can personally inspect it, right?
There's been enough confirmation for the Supreme Court and every other court to throw out every case brought by birthers. There's a reason for this. The birthers have no case at all.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart

So, you'd like the birth certificate mailed to you so that you can personally inspect it, right?
There's been enough confirmation for the Supreme Court and every other court to throw out every case brought by birthers. There's a reason for this. The birthers have no case at all.

Yet, what I said remains the truth. Some jerkoff in Hawaii making an 'official confirmation'
and a photo of what resembles a birth certificate. No hard copy, no real evidence. But hey, the government says so, therefore it MUST be true!

The government would never lie to us you know!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This stuff has already been put to bed many times but like an unruly kid just keeps popping up.

I swear I should start printing up t-shirts and coffee cups and make a killing off the ignorance and stupidity of others. If the market wasn't already so crowded...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
This stuff has already been put to bed many times but like an unruly kid just keeps popping up.

I swear I should start printing up t-shirts and coffee cups and make a killing off the ignorance and stupidity of others. If the market wasn't already so crowded...

At times I wonder if the DNC is not the one doing these things. Lets face it birthers are seen a collection of nut jobs and nobody with any common sense thinks they have a leg to stand on. As soon as this issue comes up it makes every Repubican even slightly connected look like and idiot and the party freaks out and tells them to shut up and go away. Just like the flat eath and we never went to the moon people no matter how much evidence is piled in from of them they remain in a sepreate reality that the rest of the world. By making this public and everyone getting a good laugh at them every so often it starts to paint the entire GOP as full of nutters. The only person who seems to come out looking better is Obama. Makes me wonder just who some of these birthers really are and who they work for.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I’m not so sure a breakup of the union is necessarily a bad thing at the moment. Maybe states need to shake things up and regroup; to pull power away from the fed and back to the states until the fed gets its act together and starts working FOR the people again?

While I'm not a big fan of Obama - I think what you just wrote here is treason. This country is the world's first because of all the 50 states bringing something to the table.

And before I forget - most of those states who want "small govt" are also the biggest receivers of fed money - and a lot of them are the republican states! So without the dem states those red states would be way worse off.

You can google it yourself but here's the whole article:
stonesoup.wordpress.com...
edit on 16-9-2012 by DarkSecret because: fix links

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Call me a birther if you like, laugh and laugh all you want. When something seems odd to me, I like to ask questions and if I do not get a plausible answer.....it tweaks my interest even further.
I could care less what other people think is conspiring around them, only just what I think is unlikely.

Go run your SocSec, your kids number and check if the data it returns is accurate, If it is not please come back here and let me know.
I ran mine..............the return was perfect
I ran my kids..........right on the money
I ran my fathers, 2 of my uncles and a couple of my friends.........every time it gave me the proper return.

Then I ran obama's, Now I can not rule out the only possibility for him to have this number did not indeed happen, but I do find it highly unlikely. Unlikely enough to be suspicious. You may not agree, and that is your prerogative. But if you dismiss it merely on the basis that you admire someone or because someone has told you it is a lie. Then you are doing a disservice to yourself and your country.
Now I have seen it explained away in a nice little package, but I just find it odd that every single number I ran, and every single number that my friends and family has ran, came back with 100% accuracy. Every one that is with the exception of 1...............
Then I add that with his refusal to release his birth certificate....and that makes me a little more wary
Then I add that with a "copy" that comes back with layers, which goes completely against what a copy of something would indeed have.
Then on top of that a refusal to let America see his school transcripts.....and my suspicion grow.
You can try to tell me it is all perfectly fine and that you see nothing to raise an eyebrow over, but if a single hair on a piece of carpet is enough to make the authorities drag people in for questioning....then how can you say that this is not enough to have obama be compelled to clear up what appears to be a legitimate concern about his qualification to hold the office of president.
All things being equal, the legal definition of a Natural Born Citizen is The child born to the father and mother of.American parents. Now you can try to argue this and that.....but it is what it is, I did not make that up to fit my desires. This alone should have prevented him from holding office....but whatever, I am not into mincing words at this time.

My gut feeling is his family saw a way to work the system and get their child a top notch education that they could never had afforded to give him themselves, so he, at the advice of others claimed Foreign student never dreaming that someday he would be running for President and that it could come back to bite him in the rear end. Then as time went on and he saw the path that life was leading him down.....knew that this had to be brushed under the table one way or another.
This kind of thing happens all the time where what seemed like a good idea at the time, later down the line turns out not to be. Doesn't mean a person is good or bad, it just means that sometimes things happen we would never have expected. At worse case, in my mind, if what I think is correct.....he owes the school for the education he received under false pretense. I think he was an America kid working the system like so many other people do when the opportunity presents itself

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown1234
Call me a birther if you like, laugh and laugh all you want. When something seems odd to me, I like to ask questions and if I do not get a plausible answer.....it tweaks my interest even further.
I could care less what other people think is conspiring around them, only just what I think is unlikely.

Go run your SocSec, your kids number and check if the data it returns is accurate, If it is not please come back here and let me know.
I ran mine..............the return was perfect
I ran my kids..........right on the money
I ran my fathers, 2 of my uncles and a couple of my friends.........every time it gave me the proper return.

Then I ran obama's, Now I can not rule out the only possibility for him to have this number did not indeed happen, but I do find it highly unlikely. Unlikely enough to be suspicious. You may not agree, and that is your prerogative. But if you dismiss it merely on the basis that you admire someone or because someone has told you it is a lie. Then you are doing a disservice to yourself and your country.
Now I have seen it explained away in a nice little package, but I just find it odd that every single number I ran, and every single number that my friends and family has ran, came back with 100% accuracy. Every one that is with the exception of 1...............
Then I add that with his refusal to release his birth certificate....and that makes me a little more wary
Then I add that with a "copy" that comes back with layers, which goes completely against what a copy of something would indeed have.
Then on top of that a refusal to let America see his school transcripts.....and my suspicion grow.
You can try to tell me it is all perfectly fine and that you see nothing to raise an eyebrow over, but if a single hair on a piece of carpet is enough to make the authorities drag people in for questioning....then how can you say that this is not enough to have obama be compelled to clear up what appears to be a legitimate concern about his qualification to hold the office of president.
All things being equal, the legal definition of a Natural Born Citizen is The child born to the father and mother of.American parents. Now you can try to argue this and that.....but it is what it is, I did not make that up to fit my desires. This alone should have prevented him from holding office....but whatever, I am not into mincing words at this time.

My gut feeling is his family saw a way to work the system and get their child a top notch education that they could never had afforded to give him themselves, so he, at the advice of others claimed Foreign student never dreaming that someday he would be running for President and that it could come back to bite him in the rear end. Then as time went on and he saw the path that life was leading him down.....knew that this had to be brushed under the table one way or another.
This kind of thing happens all the time where what seemed like a good idea at the time, later down the line turns out not to be. Doesn't mean a person is good or bad, it just means that sometimes things happen we would never have expected. At worse case, in my mind, if what I think is correct.....he owes the school for the education he received under false pretense. I think he was an America kid working the system like so many other people do when the opportunity presents itself

You can have your opinion about everything, thats fine. But just about every fact you have presented here is absolutely wrong.

He did release his BC. The layers are created by OCR. Would you like me to demonstrate how this works? It's not rocket science. I am employed by the largest home imaging device manufacturer in the world, I have a little bit of knowledge on this subject.

For his school transcripts ... he has the right to say no, and we have no right to see them. If you want it released, thats fine. But just remember that he's under no obligation to do so.

And you are 100% incorrect about the definition of a natural born citizen. The fact is that nowhere is it completely defined. All that has to happen is that he has to be a citizen of the US at birth, which he was. His mother was a US citizen, and he was born in Hawaii - problem solved. He has no citizenship elsewhere. End of story. Are you just not paying attention to this having been proven wrong, or are you just not looking?

As far as how he got started on his path of education, I cant debate that because I do not really know much about it. For all I know, you may be right with your suspicions on it. I wont attempt to talk out my arse to prove this wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join