It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Said He Should Serve ONLY One Term..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
In an interview with Matt Lauer in the beginning of his presidency, Barack Obama said he should only serve ONE (1) term if he could NOT fix the economy.

These are Obamas own words...

Well my friends, one term is just about up. So what’s the deal? Is something miraculous going to happen within the next few months? Something we don’t know about?

Your thoughts…?

-Propulsion

Did a search, could not find. Please remove mods if there's a dup..

edit on 6-9-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
No, that's just Obama giving more of his false "Hope! Change!" bull# speeches. It amazes me that anyone can still listen to his fancy wording and actually believe it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

"One term proposition..."

prop·o·si·tion [prop-uh-zish-uhn]

the act of offering or suggesting something to be considered, accepted, adopted, or done.

a plan or scheme proposed.

dictionary.reference.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

With only 60 some days left I think we will hear some really BIG lies,,,,,,,,,,

still blaming bush,,,,,,,,,,,still hiding his records,,,,,,,,,,,,still kissing the muslims asses,,,,,,,,,

same ol same ol,,,,,,,,,,,

edit on 6-9-2012 by jimmyfromreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I don't know about using the term, "should" here. What he said was that if he didn't fix the economy in the specified time period then "this is going to be a one-term proposition," which could also mean that he fears the voters will not reelect him.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Obama refuses to live under Obamacare. The great law that he passed. So, why should we believe anything he says?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

"One term proposition..."

prop·o·si·tion [prop-uh-zish-uhn]

the act of offering or suggesting something to be considered, accepted, adopted, or done.

a plan or scheme proposed.

dictionary.reference.com...
So you are saying we should not believe anything he suggests?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyfromreality

With only 60 some days left I think we will hear some really BIG lies,,,,,,,,,,

still blaming bush,,,,,,,,,,,still hiding his records,,,,,,,,,,,,still kissing the muslims asses,,,,,,,,,

same ol same ol,,,,,,,,,,,

edit on 6-9-2012 by jimmyfromreality because: (no reason given)
Sad thing is Romney Noodle isn't any better. They both will destroy America..

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Maybe he thought at one time "If I can't do something right in one term then I shouldn't have a second"
then years later
his party is telling him that he is doing a good job, he believes it, and they want him to run again., and he does.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
Maybe he thought at one time "If I can't do something right in one term then I shouldn't have a second"
then years later
his party is telling him that he is doing a good job, he believes it, and they want him to run again., and he does.
Well, that’s good to know. We have a president who doesn’t know if he’s doing a good job, unless someone tells him otherwise?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I truly believe Romney is NOT a communist,,,,,,,,,,,,and I'm sure he's not a muslim,,,,,,,,,I'll take my chances with Mitt thank you,,,,,,

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyfromreality

I truly believe Romney is NOT a communist,,,,,,,,,,,,and I'm sure he's not a muslim,,,,,,,,,I'll take my chances with Mitt thank you,,,,,,
Please for give me, I wasn’t trying to identify them as being identical. Obama is doing a horrible job, and I don’t expect anything BETTER from Romney.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

then years later
Well, that’s good to know. We have a president who doesn’t know if he’s doing a good job, unless someone tells him otherwise?

If I remember correctly All presidents that were in office since I was alive has asked how they were doing,

that is why they do polls ( if you believe the numbers ) and give them to the president to let them know
how the public feels.

Who knows what really goes on in the minds of these people of power.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

then years later

If I remember correctly All presidents that were in office since I was alive has asked how they were doing,

that is why they do polls ( if you believe the numbers ) and give them to the president to let them know
how the public feels.

Who knows what really goes on in the minds of these people of power.

If any president were to turn on the tube for a good half hour, they would have all the info they ever wanted. They don’t need to pay some numb-nut to tell him otherwise…

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Nope....he probably thought he could completely destroy our republic siiting for one term. Turns out he was wrong....who would have thunk it?

Don't know about you, but when I see the campaign commercial with Bill Clinton saying that he needs another term so he can "rebuild America from the ground up", it scares the bejebus out of me.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Hugues de Payens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Then candidate Obama said whatever the pollsters told him to say to cinch the election. Current candidate Obama is doing the same now - as is all of his competitors for office. Lying on the campaign stump has been the norm for longer than any of us have been alive. It's like teenage dating... say whatever you must to score, true or not. It's no different than stealing bases in baseball, or faking the hand off in football. Well, it is - but the principle is the same... Deception for profit or gain.

All politicians lie. Successful politicians lie effectively.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Even if Obama did say he should on serve one term, which he did not, in his speech last night he said his experiences over the past four years have changed him. That means his experience may have changed his outlook thus he changed his stance. I just hope you are not a Romney supporter because if so, I've got some news......
edit on 7-9-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
So? What's the big deal about this one lie???

He's told tons of them!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Then candidate Obama said whatever the pollsters told him to say to cinch the election. Current candidate Obama is doing the same now - as is all of his competitors for office. Lying on the campaign stump has been the norm for longer than any of us have been alive. It's like teenage dating... say whatever you must to score, true or not. It's no different than stealing bases in baseball, or faking the hand off in football. Well, it is - but the principle is the same... Deception for profit or gain.

All politicians lie. Successful politicians lie effectively.

~Heff
Here’s an example of their hypocrisy…

It’s amazing how all-of-a-sudden, they love children. Only seems to happen when election time comes around. They would steal a Lully-pop from a child’s mouth if they knew they would gain a vote from it. They only do this to make the lesser folk feel like they actually give a damn. It’s sick!

edit on 7-9-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

In an interview with Matt Lauer in the beginning of his presidency, Barack Obama said he should only serve ONE (1) term if he could NOT fix the economy.

I guess he changed his mind. Perhaps Michelle doesn't want to give up all those vacations to exotic locations. Or Obama likes his unending free golfing at Andrews AFB. Or Michelle can't stomach the fact that Hillary would be in the Oval Office faster than you can say 'bye-bye' to Obama?

Or maybe he really wants to 'fundamentally change' America and he knows he needs more time to implement his massive 'wealth redistribution' scheme upon America.

Who knows. In any event ... this is either a flip flop or a lie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join