It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Motto for DNC: We Make It Possible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I guess, "We built that" didn't go so well. So the DNC is "re-packaging".

The Obama campaign is completely tone-deaf. The DNC will be held in Charlotte, North Carolina, and guess what mantra is featured in Charlotte’s banners all over the city during the convention?

“We make it possible.”

The last time a four-word phrase became the Obama mantra it didn’t do so well: You Didn’t Build That.

Now, that insult to the independent-minded American has been given new impetus by telling people that “WE” make it possible. YOU need OUR help.

www.breitbart.com...

Thank goodness we have the government making all our successes possible.

Does this administration have any humility?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Breitbarts website doesn't even try to pretend it is unbiased. I like the comment sections the most.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by beezzer

Breitbarts website doesn't even try to pretend it is unbiased. I like the comment sections the most.

Nope, pretty danged partisan.

I also visit mediamutters on occasion when I want to see what the left will be talking about.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Granting that Breitbart is biased, what do you make of the slogan, "We make it possible?" Is it doubling down on an unpopular idea? Honestly, I wish our country was in such shape that they could have said "We made it possible," but that wouldn't work very well in our current situation, would it?.

edit on 4-9-2012 by charles1952 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Granting that Breitbart is biased, what do you make of the slogan, "We make it happen?" Is it doubling down on an unpopular idea? Honestly, I wish our country was in such shape that they could have said "We made it happen," but that wouldn't work very well in our current situation, would it?.

Maybe they're finally taking credit/blame.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Granting that Breitbart is biased, what do you make of the slogan, "We make it possible?" Is it doubling down on an unpopular idea? Honestly, I wish our country was in such shape that they could have said "We made it possible," but that wouldn't work very well in our current situation, would it?.

edit on 4-9-2012 by charles1952 because: (no reason given)

I am not sure what it means. My first thought was that is was a spin-off of Obama's statement "We succeed because we do things together." But then, just for throughness, I did some searching. Apparently the mayor say it is the towns motto.

With 770,000 residents, Charlotte is the Tar Heel State's most populous city. The Charlotte/Mecklenburg County metropolitan area has 1.8 million people, half a million of whom arrived in the past decade. It is the fastest growing urbanized area in the U.S. The mayor says its motto is: "We make it possible."

So I am not sure where it came from.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I really have nothing nice to say about the DNC conventtion they make it possible eh?

Record debt
Record unemployment
Record outsourcing
Record drones over American skies
Record detention as in indefinite
Record number of people on welfare
Record credit dowwngrade

The also made it possible that people have to get carded to enter the convention

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hmm, so all of that is the democrats fault? And republicans have done nothing but, what, sit in a corner huddling in fear of them?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Sloganeering is so trite.

I'd like to spend one day in shoes of a mind so simple it is swayed by signs on the roadside, slogans on television or plebe rousing convention speeches just to see what it's like.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It's their CHOICE is what is so irritating! The utter arrogance is astounding! Now if the economy was good, fewer people on food stamps, low unemployment, then I might understand.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Hmm, so all of that is the democrats fault? And republicans have done nothing but, what, sit in a corner huddling in fear of them?

well, I noticed the DNC left all those things out of their promotional ads

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Sloganeering is so trite.

I'd like to spend one day in shoes of a mind so simple it is swayed by signs on the roadside, slogans on television or plebe rousing convention speeches just to see what it's like.

Look two post above this original post.

That is what it's like

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Republicans definitely share the blame. The question is not who created the problem, it's who can fix it. Has Obama shown he has any chance to fix it? My answer is no. Maybe Romney can, maybe he can't. I'll take a maybe yes over a definitely no.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Some unspun facts can be found here.

It's not the administration. It's the Mayor of Charlotte.

With 770,000 residents, Charlotte is the Tar Heel State's most populous city. The Charlotte/Mecklenburg County metropolitan area has 1.8 million people, half a million of whom arrived in the past decade. It is the fastest growing urbanized area in the U.S. The mayor says its motto is: "We make it possible."

"People are coming here because they see opportunity, they see a community in which you can get involved and really just have a great quality of life," Foxx said. "It's centrally located in the state, a couple hours away from the mountains, a couple hours from the beach. It's just a place that people come and it really feels like home."

~Heff

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Thats easy, Obama is on Reddit, just ask him.
Ask him anything.

top topics

join