It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coal miners say they were forced to attend Romney event and donate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Coal miners and teachers different story entirely. Obama has blatantly attacked the coal mining industry. Here it is in his own words.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by jimmyx

Coal miners and teachers different story entirely. Obama has blatantly attacked the coal mining industry. Here it is in his own words.

The fact that the Vid starts with the worst photoshop job in history tells me all need to know about it's veracity.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
LOL a picture is worth a thousand words they look so happy in that family photo

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Not sure what they're complaining about. It's not like anyone is holding a gun to their head and saying "you must be a coal miner. You must join the union. You must miss work when told and attend events when told."

If they don't like it - quit.

Ohh...that's right. They're uneducated imbeciles who don't know HOW to do anything else - far be it from trying to actually Learn something.

Yeah....let's feel sorry for them.

Booo

Hooo

(sorry for the rant. I have nothing against miners specifically. I just can't stand it when people take anything that's totally in their own control and shift accountability when something bad happens).

That must have been the most rude comment I have ever seen.

So who would pay for their families if they just quit. I take it you have never worked a day of labor in your whole life. Most people don't have the choice to quit. They have to feed themselves don't they. If they quit do you know who would be paying for them...

YOU!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What a sad excuse for a country America has become.
I am ashamed, and I'm not even American.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
More knee slapping antics from the GOP clown show.

:-)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This economy has made people into borderline slaves. Tow the line, or get thrown out the door where your chances of getting a job are slim. Most people mine coal because there isnt an abundance of jobs in the first place. It sounds like their civil rights were violated.I am sure they were threatened to play ball or else get sacked. Maybe the ACLU can look into it (while we still have some civil rights left). Romney really is in the king mindset. King of the one percent.
edit on 29-8-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Maybe they should start their OWN coal mine and.... work their butts off... deal with the IRS... deal with the unions... deal with the environmentalists.
Its not their company! they didn't build it... Someone else built it... and those guys make the rules

They should send their boss thank you cards just for letting them work in HIS coal mine a few days a week.

Who is John Galt....

edit on 29-8-2012 by JohnClilly because: spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
this doesnt Surpise Me with Republicans

just like McCain did with bringing the Mindless by the Bus Load

and People dont see this Fakery and they still want someone like him in Office

yeah Obama is a Arab as the Old Lady said

a festival of Ignorance !

Showing Republicans for what they are ...

well lets see

Windmills & Solar Energy !! -VS - Fossil Fuels Coal & Oil

, Past Republican Presidents Father & Son were in the Oil Bussiness , McCain's Select Vic Prez Palin Alasken ,,, ( OIL ) Involved In the Oil Bussines One Way Or Another as Her Hubby was a Oil Pipeline Worker ? even thinking a MILF Bimbo Beauty Queen Runninig for the Vice Prez Seat is Mind Boggling
what the Hell does that tell you of what kind of a Country we are Running

doesnt anyone Understand this ... People take the Dam Blinders off and get off the Road .. and go Off Road

edit on 29-8-2012 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by TheGreatDivider

Yeah maybe in 1947........Times have changed!!!

I worked in the coal mines for 8 years!! There wasn't a speck of black anywhere!!!

This pic might even be from 1947.....YEP limestone covered.....Look even a machine that is being sprayed to cover the walls with limestone!!

This guy surely doesn't look like he is covered in soot......hmmmm......

Anyways......I was there and done that.....moving on even though you won't believe me either way!!
edit on 8/28/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

What is that black crap all over the clothing?
How come the guy in the color picture is patches of dark gray and pink?
Just curious because I see black crap in all three pictures.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by TheGreatDivider

Yeah maybe in 1947........Times have changed!!!

I worked in the coal mines for 8 years!! There wasn't a speck of black anywhere!!!

This pic might even be from 1947.....YEP limestone covered.....Look even a machine that is being sprayed to cover the walls with limestone!!

This guy surely doesn't look like he is covered in soot......hmmmm......

Anyways......I was there and done that.....moving on even though you won't believe me either way!!

What is that black crap all over the clothing?
How come the guy in the color picture is patches of dark gray and pink?
Just curious because I see black crap in all three pictures.

These pics are not at the " FACE" where the coal is being mined,yes they limestone mined areas but it is imposable to cover all areas,you would need 100 men on each crew.
Pa mines Appalachian Mts,most are only a 38 inch coal seam not like these cozy candy ass pics you are showing,most rock dusting [limestone] was done on the weekends.I don't believe for 1 second you were a coal miner but I'll not debate that,it would be a benefit to you and whoever reads this thread to know the coal mine is not what you described and I'm not talking 1947,You are an insult to miners everywhere..nuff said.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by jimmyx

The fact that the Vid starts with the worst photoshop job in history tells me all need to know about it's veracity.

I would be careful with this line of thinking. Just because whoever made the video sucked at Photoshop, does not mean his intent to get the truth about Obama's statement is a fake video. The picture sucks, the intent was to let as many people know that Obama's vision is. If the whistle blower, or reporter, or writer is bad at their job, does not mean that what they are bringing to light is not true. Just like a bad Lawyer can cost you a verdict. The advantage we have, is we can hear it from more than one source, and can, if we look, get facts. We can then make a judgement on facts rather than a lawyer's ability to remove doubt without certain proof.

Obama believes that if coal industries cant get "green house Gases lower", well anyone who wants to build them can. but they will go bankrupt because of all the fees we will impose upon them, which will give us more money to invest in "green energy". This is what he said(in a nutshell he takes 5000 words to say what he can in 50).

That is what he wants, as well as outsource our oil to countries LESS capable of doing it safely than our own. This will drive our energy prices through the roof, stagnate the economy, and China will out pace us in... I haven't done the math, but probably before I hit middle age. I don't want to worry that China wants OUR natural resources, and has the Military might to beat us on our soil.

Why is this a hard concept to understand?

And no, Mitt Romney is not the Answer, the guy will say whatever to get the title, just like Obama.
edit on 29-8-2012 by CalebRight14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Another thing - it might be epic to "stick it to the man" and walk off the job while flipping your boss the bird, but easier said than done when you have a family to feed and a mortgage to pay. You'd show up at the BBQ if it meant your job ... besides, only anti-social morons would pass up free BBQ with their co-workers - unless you must be so far above them. Why are you even working there?

You are not better than these people. You sound like elitist @ssholes when you insult them.

You sound like elitist @ssholes when you insult them. is this an insult? lol, and one doesnt know if they will get fired or not for not going to the barb-q until you say "no" for the first time. none of these workers have said, "they said we will be fired", it says"they feared for jobs" two very different things, i fear alot of things, but until you jump out that plane or tell your boss no! i will not do that, then you will never know huh? only anti social morons pass up free bbq.... or maybe people who live more than an hour away huh? lol (whos judging people now elitist hahaha) , and im not going to apreciate anyone for keeping my fridge going while there are other alternatives to coal energy, they do a job , they get paid, i pay for my electricity,,, they should apreciate me for keeping them in a job huh?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnClilly
Maybe they should start their OWN coal mine and.... work their butts off... deal with the IRS... deal with the unions... deal with the environmentalists.
Its not their company! they didn't build it... Someone else built it... and those guys make the rules

They should send their boss thank you cards just for letting them work in HIS coal mine a few days a week.

Who is John Galt....

edit on 29-8-2012 by JohnClilly because: spelling

LOL, I think you are joking. But you cant start anymore coal mines on the hill behind the house. That is how the industry started around 1840s in west by god. Little mines selling local for home heat and then the big show moved in.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Another thing - it might be epic to "stick it to the man" and walk off the job while flipping your boss the bird, but easier said than done when you have a family to feed and a mortgage to pay. You'd show up at the BBQ if it meant your job ... besides, only anti-social morons would pass up free BBQ with their co-workers - unless you must be so far above them. Why are you even working there?

You are not better than these people. You sound like elitist @ssholes when you insult them.

Lots and Lots of social pressure being a miner. You better go with the flow is how that works.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamOver
This is a most strange situation.

Why didnt the workers make signs stating they were here against their will, this is a live broadcast, they were standing directly behind Romney, they could all have held them up as the cameras were rolling.

Alternatively. One of them could have pushed Romney aside and addressed the cameras directly. Sure there would be some interception. But there would have been a good few seconds, plenty of time to speak, before the hail of bullets.

And even if there were bullets. It would sure make for a greater representation of what these politicians really stand for. (Supposed supporters gunned down on live tv).

Look at Tiananmen Square, one man can make a difference.

If America is truly the bastion of freedom and justice, one would hope, the (protesters) would not be prosecuted. And for the forced day off, how can that be justified. Could they not sue for this.?

Prosecuted and fired are two different things are they not?
They were already there because they were threatened with losing their job. How do you think the boss would have rewarded pushing Romney aside and grabbing the mic?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
There aren't enough palm-faces in the world to adequately explain how i feel about Mitt Romney as potential U.S. President. (with his infomercial running mate) It's like over-exaggerated political satire.. only real. It would be funny to me if it weren't so sad. I suppose it is funny, but the humor comes with a strong dose of bitterness and outrage. I'm not overly surprised at this, but it is a sad state of affairs none the less. I don't know, i guess those in power will get away with as much as they can, and push it as far as people are willing to let them. Where is that straw that will break the camels back? Will it also fit through the eye of a needle?
edit on 29-8-2012 by Runciter33 because: i changed it up a bit, like most edits ido, stop asking me why i edit my posts, what's it to ya?!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well, they have it in writing. It was "mandatory", meaning you had to attend or there would repercussions to your job, as well as the fact that they wouldn't be paid for it. It's extortion. They should file at the labor board to get the paper trail going then get a lawyer and take it to court. And given that it's in writing and pretty blatant, they would win. Then let the retaliation from mgmt begin. As long as they document it and get everything in writing, plus this past indescretion, there would be another lawsuit. They also need to unionize immediately (so long as it's not a "labor/management partnership" or such, which = conflict of interest) and seek all possible media to show what has happened to them...

And if harassment/intimidation/retaliation for fighting against this occurs, there's always OSHA. I'm sure mgmt ain't keeping up with the laws.

And I know where this would lead in their HR department in terms of their future work conditions; unfair, hostile, and unequatable work conditions, including but not limited to intimidating gestapo like interogations for the most minor of infractions (it does and IS happening, ie- being 1 minute late clocking in from lunch that year, or too many bathroom breaks... being 1 during the day outside of your scheduled break times, etc).

They need to picket. Bring attention to it or it's only going to get worse.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Flux8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I thought Obama made all coal mining illegal in the US!

If the miners have a union that isn't in bed with the owners of the coal mine they should fight for what is rightfully theirs and protect their members. If the union is in bed with the owners then the miners are really screwed and they need new leadership. good Luck with that!

The hard truth of the matter is that the union doesn't care squat what happens to those miners as long as they get their cut. Let's not kid ourselves. they are just as selfserving as the mine owners.

If the Romney camp signed off on this then shame on them. If they didn't and it was a company setup then shame on the mine owners. If the union did or didn't know, they know now and should act to protect their people. I'll hold my breath on that one.

This is no more shameless than when the POTUS uses troops for a backdrop. You don't think those troops are there because they support this guy do you? They know this self-agrandizing, self-appointed and self-annoited Community Organizer does'nt give a sh*t about them.
All Presidents do it for staging purposes, but it doesn't change the fact that it's shameless.

But for an election cycle this critical nothing surprises me.
edit on 29-8-2012 by sharkman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join