It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 plus earthquakes in California in last three days - ALERT

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

Originally posted by Mianeye
The reason was this event, a localized eathquake swarm, which has now slowed down, and aparently is a 40 year something recurring event in that area.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not like Cali is going to slip in to the ocean in the next coming month.

palmdesert.patch.com...

According to a seismologist there's no need to worry: "What we're seeing is a classic Brawley seismic swarm,'' USGS seismologist Lucy Jones told City News Service. "We haven't seen one of these since the 1970s, and there was another one back in the 1930s.''
"These don't seem to be related to earthquakes on the San Andreas itself, other than in a general way,'' she said. "It's pretty far away.'' Jones says she expected the quake swarm "to continue to bubble along, they're going to get a bunch of 4s and 5s.''

edit on 28-8-2012 by Mianeye because: Spelling and such

yep, well hopefully its just a swarm. like i said im not making any prediction of something big; just passing on the info about the large no of quakes. hopefully will turn out to be nothing as per in the past.

i still wouldnt live in cali though but that's just me. i'm earthquake paranoid...

I looked at a map and don't see how seismologist Lucy Jones can make a statement like that,
as the SA fault line is very near to Brawley, like about 80 miles away from the
estimated end of the "line".
She also failed to mention that Brawley is located between the
San Andreas and Imperial faults.

I am so glad me 12 yr old Grandson is on a plane right now, coming home from Oceanside CA.
I've been watching the 'quakes since he left a month ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by vardenafil

let me remind you that the title is called "500 plus earthquakes in California in last three days - ALERT" pay attention to the part that says "in california"

The fact that you even tried calling me ignorant pushed me to show you just how ignorant you sounded.

The whole vegas to brawley comparison honestly made me laugh

Notice the difference between me and brawley

Here in San Diego we regularely feel the earthquakes in LA and we are pretty much about the same distance from SD to LA compared to SD to Brawley

Notice the difference between me and LA

Now notice the difference between you and brawley

You honestly put up the dumbest argument, bro.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Cal EMA also reminds residents to take the following actions during an earthquake:

If indoors, stay there. Practice "Drop, Cover, Hold On" by getting under a table or in a corner
If outdoors, get into an open area away from trees, building, walls and power lines.
If driving, pull over to the side of the road and stop. Avoid stopping under overpasses and power lines. Stay inside the car until the shaking is over.
If in a high-rise building, stay away from windows and outside walls. Practice "Drop, Cover, Hold On". Get under a table or desk. Do not use elevators.
If in a crowded public place, do not rush for the doors. Move away from the shelves containing objects that could fall.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The reason was this event, a localized eathquake swarm, which has now slowed down, and aparently is a 40 year something recurring event in that area.

Darn. I thought this thread was going to give me hope and you come along and destroy my dreams. Well, in another 40 years I'll be 80 something. Seeing California possibly fall into the ocean is worth living to old age for.

There is too much crap that comes out of Ca that negatively effects the rest of us. It Must go. To all those who think I'm a monster, those people who live there know the risks they take and choose willingly to take them. If they fall into the ocean, it's their own fault and I wont feel sorry for them.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Looks like there is a bit of a swarm going on in the Sequoia National Forest right now also.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

It would be sad for the planet to loose those wonderful trees.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

palmdesert.patch.com...

According to a seismologist there's no need to worry: "What we're seeing is a classic Brawley seismic swarm,'' USGS seismologist Lucy Jones told City News Service. "We haven't seen one of these since the 1970s, and there was another one back in the 1930s.''
"These don't seem to be related to earthquakes on the San Andreas itself, other than in a general way,'' she said. "It's pretty far away.'' Jones says she expected the quake swarm "to continue to bubble along, they're going to get a bunch of 4s and 5s.''

edit on 28-8-2012 by Mianeye because: Spelling and such

Haha, patterns of frequency.... science's wet dream. Maybe... yet I still will rarely ever hold some idea that 'oh it happens in 40 year intervals' to be the truth. What big wheel in the sky keeps balance and order to such events? Cause and effect... I blame Kolob!

If these frequencies presented by science are in fact true, and of 'real science'.... then, explain when the very next ice age will hit with accuracy, or how about a pole reversal?

btw, that's my new 'go to' card.... "I blame Kolob!"

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Can you find out if there is any tilting of the coast. Dream I woke with this morning was that the swarm of EQs caused a tilting. If there are any GPS measurements located in and around quake zone we could see if there is any tilting. I know that it is moving towards Washington.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Darn. I thought this thread was going to give me hope and you come along and destroy my dreams. Well, in another 40 years I'll be 80 something. Seeing California possibly fall into the ocean is worth living to old age for.

There is too much crap that comes out of Ca that negatively effects the rest of us. It Must go. To all those who think I'm a monster, those people who live there know the risks they take and choose willingly to take them. If they fall into the ocean, it's their own fault and I wont feel sorry for them.

besides nearly the whole of the worlds redwoods

Food Facts
California has been the number one food and agricultural producer in the United States for more than 50 consecutive years.

More than half the nation's fruit, nuts, and vegetables come from here.

California is the nation's number one dairy state.
California's leading commodity is milk and cream. Grapes are second.
California's leading export crop is almonds.
Nationally, products exclusively grown (99% or more) in California include almonds, artichokes, dates, figs, kiwifruit, olives, persimmons, pistachios, prunes, raisins, clovers, and walnuts.
From 70 to 80% of all ripe olives are grown in California.
California is the nation's leading producer of strawberries, averaging 1.4 billion pounds of strawberries or 83% of the country's total fresh and frozen strawberry production. Approximately 12% of the crop is exported to Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Hong Kong and Japan primarily. The value of the California strawberry crop is approximately $700 million with related employment of more than 48,000 people.
California produces 25% of the nation's onions and 43% of the nation's green onions.
Gilroy, California, "Garlic Capitol of the World," has hosted 2 million at the annual Gilroy Garlic Festival.

Among a lot else.

The "crap" you speak of is what? Movies? that would just be produced somewhere else.
www.beachcalifornia.com...
"

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Brawley is in a triangle of faults;

edit on 28-8-2012 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

That's all I needed to hear.. I'm moving away (far away) from Los Angeles at the end of September. I'm just hoping it holds off til then!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have posted this vision a few times before, but I feel it is as relevant as ever.

Notice how he describes exactly, what we see in modern day California....also note his description of volcanic activity as well.........in northern mexico

You folks who follow geological happenings on ATS will be impressed with this vision, in light of the recent geological activities in a lot of these areas he describes.

Enjoy!!

life-tabernacle.net...

P.S. this little vision he had was in 1937.
edit on 28-8-2012 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
For those of you saying you live near Brawley but didn't feel the quakes, there is a reason for that. I think I read somewhere Sunday that it had something to do with the fault lines and quite sure I read it over at Quake Watch 2012 here on ATS. I want so say it was initially from USGS. I wish I could remember now.

I know if it were a swarm in the making going on I would be alert and that's all I think anyone here who cares about their fellow man wants to convey. Was it that many in three days?? 500? It could have been but before anyone calculates for certain I would wait to see what corrections USGS logs... Just a suggestion. ;-)

I read a poster also say stop trying to connect it to 2012. It was funny to read because my thought there after was we are in 2012 so it's already connected to the date. Lol

Sorry, it's funny!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

It isn't possible for California to go into the sea because of any size earthquake that potentially may happen. All that could happen is large scale damage just as every other earthquake can cause, but multiplied depending on the magnitude. I really hope when I see people say something along the lines of "California falling into the ocean" they're just over exaggerating and really don't believe that to be possible.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

I agree with you! Aside from the earthquakes the land is beautiful!! But the people?> ugly ugly as sin can get... California is a Sh** Hole which i would love to see go up in a ball of magma or slide into the pacific ocean! AND i will tell you... i am not the only one who thinks this way! Tooo many druggies, gangsters and Material people here! GO to hell CAlifornia!!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Not all earthquakes that happen in the ocean generate tsunamis, it depends on their depth and how strong they were. It would take an earthquake off the scale to knock the western sea shelf of California into the ocean, so until we start seeing those kinds of quakes in the teens, i wouldn't worry, but at the sametime i wouldn't live in big cities or where i had to drive over tall bridges, i remember what happened to San Francisco in 1989.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
For all the news reports of how this is normal or has past record or shouldn't be of serious concern, I can't help but think of something.

We're getting to the end of 2012. We're approaching the big date. Whether it's a big dud or a big deal, remains to be seen.

However, swarms and quake activity were predicted in a general way and by so many people, listing by source would be excessive. Generally predicted though, and for this year...particularly toward the latter half of it. What do you know, but we're seeing it happen. Connection? Coincidence? Who knows.....I sure don't. I can't help but recall though, so many called it and they called it generally correct for a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

I won't make any further comments here. Let GOD do the judging.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

But, it's not to say I disagree with you.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Plain and simple FEAR mongering. It's california what you expect? And you had to put in caps ALERT!
Yea when you know how to definately predict a big QUAKE in cali please send me a Y2Y or make a post. Otherwise quit the crappy fear mongering to the fellow ATS users who happen to live there. Remember california is a big state.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
2012! It's happening!

It's CA...History shows the San Andreas fault (sorry for spelling) is one of the most active faults in the world.

-SAP-
edit on 28-8-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join