It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 plus earthquakes in California in last three days - ALERT

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by Mianeye
The reason was this event, a localized eathquake swarm, which has now slowed down, and aparently is a 40 year something recurring event in that area.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's not like Cali is going to slip in to the ocean in the next coming month.

Darn. I thought this thread was going to give me hope and you come along and destroy my dreams. Well, in another 40 years I'll be 80 something. Seeing California possibly fall into the ocean is worth living to old age for.

There is too much crap that comes out of Ca that negatively effects the rest of us. It Must go. To all those who think I'm a monster, those people who live there know the risks they take and choose willingly to take them. If they fall into the ocean, it's their own fault and I wont feel sorry for them.

I agree with you! Aside from the earthquakes the land is beautiful!! But the people?> ugly ugly as sin can get... California is a Sh** Hole which i would love to see go up in a ball of magma or slide into the pacific ocean! AND i will tell you... i am not the only one who thinks this way! Tooo many druggies, gangsters and Material people here! GO to hell CAlifornia!!

You know, I live in California, just happen to have parents who lived there so you are born and raised an usually have a hard time moving anywhere else.

BUT I have traveled this whole great country seen all the states and I found that we Americans are the same no matter where I went. There are the many good people, bad people and druggies and bums all living in all the states!

In fact people are pretty much the same around the whole world.

What kind of person wishes for a large population of his country to burn and drown and die, babies and old people and all of us regular non drug using, non welfare, non drinking hard working people!
Yah so maybe we are not as pretty as you!

Some of you seem to think California is Hollywood and the movies! Maybe you watch to much TV!Maybe you need anger management!

2010, the population of California was declared at 37,253,956 which made the state the most populous in the country by some distance. However, the vast area that California encompasses means that in terms of population density, with 242 people for every square mile it ranks only 11th in the nation.

worldpopulationreview.com...
edit on 29-8-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

An earthquake capable of knocking California into the sea would cause crustal destabilization almost everywhere in the world. There would be earthquakes and volcanic activity in many places. I doubt if that is going to happen myself. Maybe there may be some volcanic fissures created in that area. A new hot springs vacation area.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The anticipation, for the world to end, is killing me. Can we get it on already. Geesh.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

The reason was this event, a localized eathquake swarm, which has now slowed down, and aparently is a 40 year something recurring event in that area.

Darn. I thought this thread was going to give me hope and you come along and destroy my dreams. Well, in another 40 years I'll be 80 something. Seeing California possibly fall into the ocean is worth living to old age for.

There is too much crap that comes out of Ca that negatively effects the rest of us. It Must go. To all those who think I'm a monster, those people who live there know the risks they take and choose willingly to take them. If they fall into the ocean, it's their own fault and I wont feel sorry for them.

I agree with you! Aside from the earthquakes the land is beautiful!! But the people?> ugly ugly as sin can get... California is a Sh** Hole which i would love to see go up in a ball of magma or slide into the pacific ocean! AND i will tell you... i am not the only one who thinks this way! Tooo many druggies, gangsters and Material people here! GO to hell CAlifornia!!

You know, I live in California, just happen to have parents who lived there so you are born and raised an usually have a hard time moving anywhere else.

BUT I have traveled this whole great country seen all the states and I found that we Americans are the same no matter where I went. There are the many good people, bad people and druggies and bums all living in all the states!

What kind of person wishes for a large population of his country to burn and drown and die, babies and old people and all of us regular non drug using, non welfare, non drinking hard working people!

Some of you seem to think California is Hollywood and the movies! Maybe you watch to much TV!Maybe you need anger management!

2010, the population of California was declared at 37,253,956 which made the state the most populous in the country by some distance. However, the vast area that California encompasses means that in terms of population density, with 242 people for every square mile it ranks only 11th in the nation.

SO?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

You actually think the world will stop turning without Calfiornia?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

California sucks, you say Arizona is racist. But you are communist. You don't let anyone else have a different opinion and you "crucify" them if you don't agree with you. The Big One is coming, since you don't belive in GOD...please don't blame anyone else but yourself OK? California Karma = California EQ

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Some of the most hateful people live on ATS. I thought this was going to be a thread about the swarm of quakes, not a thread where we bash and spew hate against people who live in a state you do not like. I take offense to some of the comments that were made here.

My husband is from Ca, and so am I. We are not "ugly as sin". We do not do drugs, heck, we don't even so much as drink alcohol. I love Northern Ca. It is home and it is beautiful to me. I love the cultural diversity, and love hearing different languages spoken when I go out somewhere. There are a lot of hard working and intelligent people living out there. A lot of hard working farmers too. We enjoy the ocean and nature, and we like doing things that don't involve sitting at home glued to the tv stuffing our faces with food.

Even in some of the most remote places that I have lived in, there are druggies and burn outs. There are drug addicts every single place you go on this planet. I've definitely been surprised. I lived out there for years, and I can tell you I saw more drug use in some of the remote small towns than I ever did out in Ca.

I realize there are people who want to see California blow up, go in the ocean, or just die. That's okay. Does not matter, it's still a good place to me and my experiences there were positive. That goes for my daughter as well.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

I've lived in California for most of my life. As bad as you think people on this site are, they will let you speak freely...except for the trolls. California is much, much worst. The democrats in Arizona aren't that bad, all though I'm still a Republican California Democrats are like animals!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'll admit I have not read all the replies so if this has already been mentioned just ignore me.

Cali is not going to fall into the sea, it is impossible.

Will California eventually fall off into the ocean?

No. The San Andreas Fault System, which crosses California from the Salton Sea in the southeast to Cape Mendocino in the north, is the boundary between the Pacific Plate and North American Plate. The Pacific Plate is moving northwest with respect to the North American Plate at approximately 46 millimeters, or about 2 inches per year (the rate your fingernails grow). The strike-slip earthquakes on the San Andreas Fault are a result of this plate motion. The plates are moving horizontally past one another, so California is not going to fall into the ocean. However, in the very distant future, Los Angeles and San Francisco may one day be adjacent to one another!

Berkeley Seismological laboratory

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Making a little update on the frequency and number of EQ, this time referenced to a 4 day period (since this topic was created), with info stored at USGS

In a 30 day period, all the EQ counted, result in 3785 EQ for the region of CA

In a 4 day period, all the EQ counted, result in 874 EQ, for the same region of CA

This results in 23% of EQ that happened in the last 30 days. In a simplistic point of view (i.e. linear) if we consider being normal, a uniform distribution of EQ throw days, we know that 4 days represents 13% of 30 days.
The above result is a little (but not significantly) above the simplistic criteria.

So we can consider that the analysis for the frequency of last EQ (all magnitude considered) in CA, is at normal rate.

Now doing the same analysis for the EQ of +2.5 magnitudes, we have:

In a 30 day period, all the EQ counted, result in 235 EQ for the region of CA

In a 4 day period, all the EQ counted, result in 159 EQ, for the same region of CA

This results in 68% of EQ whit +2.5 magnitudes, that happened in the last 30 days. Comparing with analysis made in my last post yesterday, it droped a litle from 75% to 68%. But in this case, the +2.5 magnitude EQ that occurred in the last days are definitely above the normal (considered a linear point of view).

Some people say/think that is better the stress to be relief in this way, i.e., several and minor EQ, than few and big EQ.

So hang on... it's possible that things are calming down.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
There seems to be a lot of closed minded, ignorant individuals that frequent ATS - sadly! I work in the field of addiction and many amazing good people fall foul to drugs. It is our societies ignorance and laws that drive some addicts to a criminal career.

Sorry off topic but felt it had to be said.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
As I stated yesterday, Virgin Islands/ Peurto Rico swarming like mad......... major uptick from yesterday. Its a choke point in my opinion. 5.0 in northern Manitoba, middle of Hudson Bay another 4.9. Mid Atlantic ridge, again.
I don't know,it seems to me the pressure along the West Coast is pushing the North American Plate. Almost like it's trying to rotate, with the Canadian Shield acting like a car with the parking brake on while driving. Something has to give!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychoparrot

You must be talking about California.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I don't think you are wrong...I live in SO Cal....I have a bad feeling..something is going to happen.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

An earthquake capable of knocking California into the sea would cause crustal destabilization almost everywhere in the world. There would be earthquakes and volcanic activity in many places.
Yup.. that's the prophecy, which includes- God Forbid, a possibility of a tsunami going to Japan. See link (

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by proob4
Plain and simple FEAR mongering. It's california what you expect? And you had to put in caps ALERT!
Yea when you know how to definately predict a big QUAKE in cali please send me a Y2Y or make a post. Otherwise quit the crappy fear mongering to the fellow ATS users who happen to live there. Remember california is a big state.

Uh NO IT IS NOT FEAR MONGERING..DO YOU LIVE HERE? Uhhh I guess not. I LIVE IN SO CAL AND SOMETHING IS UP!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
best hopes to all in ca. and the ones who motivated me to type,you have some very sick minds just like tptb,thinking you can say who dies or lives,who is bad or not.and using a broad stick to claim all the same.just wow,i think u are part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

I live in SO Cal...and I don't much care for your post...Look We are Rocking and Rolling here...Not fun...If someone made you mad, Please yell at them not Us!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I live in So Cal. I am so sick of the people saying Fear Mongering and Such if you don't live here STOP. I have been through enough Quakes to make anyone say WTF....This time is different..I have been saying it for weeks...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join