It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arthur Davis: This isn't the Democratic Party I Used to Know:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Democratic Congressman, Arthur Davis has switched parties! He is no longer a High official Democrat. Remember, he was one of the ones that introduced Obama at the DNC convention in 2008.

He states on various interviews that he has had on Fox News and elsewhere.

The Democratic Party has gotten narrower and it's gotten smaller and it's fundamentally wrong on all the key questions involving the economic future of this country and our hopes of prosperity. And many Americans are beginning to realize that.

Arthur Davis: This isn't the Democratic Party I Used to Know
On Davis' Wikipedia page he is now listed as a member of the Republican party and has endorsed and is voting for Romney for President.

Arthur Davis- More Info

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more. The Democrats lost their way. They use to be the party for the people. They turned into the party of "vote for me, and you'll get somethng in return" party.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

That does not make any sense. His own party is not as good as it used to be so instead of trying to rework things, he jumps ship and just goes to the opposite side altogether? I do not see how Democrats getting sloppy makes Republicans better.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
yes, another person to realize the democrats are not,
the party of the people.
not the party of compassion.
not the party of freedom.

they are the party of GOVERNMENT....

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Endorra

He was a life-long Democrat, sooner or later you need to jump ship before it sinks.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
How long will it take for him to figure out the republican party isn't what they used to be either. Both parties are consumed by greed. Independent is the only way to go.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
There is no H in his name.
edit on 26-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

nice edit buster...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
reply to post by Endorra

He was a life-long Democrat, sooner or later you need to jump ship before it sinks.

Hes jumping into another sinking ship..........

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The Democrats and Republicans have both lost their way. The campaigning has gotten a little better since that congress woman got shotand it's about time they got out of the massive blame throwing they were doing. The Republicans are still trying to make the Democrats fail, how can we even know if their idea would have worked when it was sabotaged so bad. Keep in mind that the Republicans were in charge when the Economy collapsed. I personally think we should boot all their a$$es out of Washington and hire some less corruptible people to work there. Kick out all the lawyers that complicate things also and all the lobbyists. Maybe keep the Janitors for the whitehouse though so they can clean up all the crap there. Boy I seem to be a little cranky today.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I couldn't agree with you more. The Democrats lost their way. They use to be the party for the people.

they did ? The democrats party of old i recall were bigoted bastards who regularly voted against rights for minorities

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Endorra

I am not disputing that. What I am saying is that if you have spent your whole life believing that the other boat is even worse than the water, why jump to the other boat?

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by paganini

I know my history. It seems convenient for most people to forgot or selectively recall history.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It's easier to understand the analogy of jumping to another sinking ship when you consider that the Obama administration is putting MORE water into the boat.

To paraphrase, "We have to sink this ship in order to make it float."

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
How long will it take for him to figure out the republican party isn't what they used to be either. Both parties are consumed by greed. Independent is the only way to go.

I'm sure the Republican Party will feel like home to him. Republicans of today are like Democrats of yesterday..

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Yes, this one minor defection can't cover up the ugliness of the GOP's position on abortion.

it's pissed off enough people to where they won't ever cast a vote for Romney/Ryan.

Congratulations, Republicans?

Keep on living in your fantasy world where Romney can win. The rest of us know it has already been determined.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

Yes, this one minor defection can't cover up the ugliness of the GOP's position on abortion.

it's pissed off enough people to where they won't ever cast a vote for Romney/Ryan.

Congratulations, Republicans?

Keep on living in your fantasy world where Romney can win. The rest of us know it has already been determined.

Yes let's look at the "positions" on abortion shall we.

Since the 1973 Roe vs. Wade decision, 54 million abortions have been done in the U.S. ( give or take for medical and rape).

So, you and all the others support this for real ?

1. Compare that to the total war casualties since 1973.

2. Now explain who is out of their minds.

3. Decide who supports mass murder now, and who gets paid the big money.

54,559,615 Abortions Since Roe vs. Wade Decision in 1973

Pro-Abortion in general = Mass Murder ?

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I'm sure the Republican Party will feel like home to him. Republicans of today are like Democrats of yesterday..

Totally agree with this from Rockpuck.

Also - People jump parties all the time. Their egos get involved. If they cant' win a poltiical race by being in their party, they jump to (I) or jump to the other side. Charlie Christ of Florida is a great example. The dude failed as a Republican so he jumped to (I) and then just this past week ... while trying (and failing) to stay relevant ... he endorsed Obama. Like anyone cares??

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Like the WISE FOLKS here are telling the OP, BOTH Democrat and Republican parties are NOTHING like they used to be!!

But the OP refuses to drop the POM-POMS and seems to never stop with the CHEER-LEADING for the Republicans!!! SAD AND UNINFORMED or either STUBBORNLY IGNORANT. Or online PAID SHILLS??

Wheres that VOMITING emotion-icon? I need it for threads like this

edit on 27-8-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Wow, "deny ignorance?" So are you saying that all conservatives on ATS are paid shills?

<<   2 >>

join