It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breivik: 21-yr jail term pathetic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Breivik: 21-yr jail term pathetic

rt.com

Norway killer says capital punishment or full acquittal are the “only logical outcomes” for his murder of 77 people last July. As Norwegian law does not provide for the death penalty, 21 years in prison is the harshest sentence the court can pass.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This is not alternative news...but don't know where else to put it. Interestingly he seems sane enough to realize what a joke a sentence of 21 years, for killing 77 people.

He even suggests...he should be executed.

Even though I'm not endorsing capital punishment, some exceptions should be made from time to time. It's not the hate or dislike that drives me in this case, but pure reality of the situation and of this man's mental state.

If he is ever to get out of jail...he is more than likely to pick up where he left off. He has no remorse and is convinced that he has a point.

"he declared the massacre was “preventative.” Today he said his victims were “legitimate” targets as they represented the “multiculturalism” of the ruling Labor Party. Given another chance, Breivik "would do it again.""

If he survives, he will be around 50...

I really wouldn't wanna be around when he gets out.

So what say ye? Death or....or what? I doubt this man can be rehabilitated, and does he even deserve a chance after showing no remorse for what he did?

I find it amusing that a man can be sentenced for an even higher sentence, but for doing a far lesser offence.

77 people massacred...21 years jail time ??? Is this right?

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This article is a few days old...but I haven't found any mention of his sentence on ATS so far...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I thought they had a system in place where they could extend the sentence indefinitely when it gets to his release time if they consider him still a danger?

After 21 years is up, they start again, in 5 year blocks and call it containment?

edit on 24-8-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Do they? You are talking about Norway?

Could be...I haven't heard anything about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I feel there is more to this story then what we know..however...21 yrs..? Really? Really? Wow!!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Yes, they do.

Yes, I'm talking about Norway.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
I feel there is more to this story then what we know..however...21 yrs..? Really? Really? Wow!!!!

No, not really.

He'll serve 21 years, they'll assess him still a danger and add another 5 years.

They'll probably do this until he dies in prison.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Yes this is the case, he can be locked up indefinitely, if he is still considered a danger to the Public. I would say Norway's justice system is an example to the rest of the world. Some I'm sure will disagree.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I guess I'm the first to think about doing it....but it comes to 99 days per killing on his sentence.

Gee Norway, don't be so strict. People might complain and call it inhumane or something. Jesus.....

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I guess I'm the first to think about doing it....but it comes to 99 days per killing on his sentence.

Gee Norway, don't be so strict. People might complain and call it inhumane or something. Jesus.....

No. No it doesn't.

After 21 years they'll examine him and extend his sentence for another 5 years. They'll do this till he dies.

Can people please stop fixating on the incorrect 21 years thing and actually read the laws.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The system is fine if they can continuously extend it. Believe it or not but what he did isn't really written into the books but the rule of law must be followed.

I'm sure he will never be able to see the outside world again.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
No death is justified. Killing Breivik wouldn't help anyone would it? Let him stay in jail. Atleast he'll be able to think over what hes done and hopefully regret it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I sincerely hope your confidence in the system and the feelings or priorities of people 20 years from now is the same as it is today. Here in the US I have things like Manson being sentenced to Death....and up for a no on Parole these days. How could that happen? Politics and a brief change in attitudes.

You seem pretty confident it'll go that way though, and every 5 years...the same sense of conviction a few decades out. Perhaps you're right. Life Without Parole works here for the Monsters. It never gives the option for soft hearted...or minded...politicians to let a monster out when time softens memory.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
What kind of bull# is this. 14 years for killing ONE person and 21 years for killing 70 children? If it was up to me I would have him executed in public.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Then you make the guy a martyr for his cause. You then give him what he wants. he then wins, Norwegen society loses. At the moment, this liberal sentencing is the type of thing Brevik hated about his society. So in a way this is the option he would least like for his fate.
edit on 24-8-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I agree...I think he even wanted the death sentence to further his cause.

On the other hand...executing him would send a message...

Today's criminals fear the law much less than before. They know that you can get away with murder these days...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

I would think that a man that takes 77 lives is entitled to a death sentence. If anyone deserved it...it's him.

As for his continuation of a sentence...well...and what if a extremist right wing party was in power by the time he is to get out? Do you think it wouldn't matter?

link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
What kind of bull# is this. 14 years for killing ONE person and 21 years for killing 70 children? If it was up to me I would have him executed in public.

Then he would have won.

link   
It's not the 21 years that count, it's the law, what he got is the same as life time.

They could call it 1 year or 100 years, it would be the same, he is not going anywhere for the rest of his life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join